• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Well now I have a game to make videos on after HW. And it isn't just HW2 thank

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
8/10 Went better than I thought it would. Mario looks good, splatoon is great as always. Surprised they went with xenoblade 2 instead of a sequel to x considering how x's story turned out. I'll probably wait until that comes out to consider buying a switch. Disappointed there wasn't any smash news though.

Nintendo also uploaded trailers onto their channel covering stuff that wasn't in the direct.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Someone's probably already mentioned it but I will post a large image just so everyone can see clearly when they scroll down this page:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Become the best Arms player in the world and win EVO, Cress. I believe in you.
But idk who to main yet, there's only 2 characters so far and both of them are clones
We also seem to have Nintendo's basic release schedule that all their other games will be released around.

Spring: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Summer: Splatoon 2

Winter: Mario Odyssey
Also April 28 for Mariokart Deluxe

Last edited:

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Everything else is cool and all (except FIFA on the Switch lol) but this is all I need:
IMG_0905.PNG

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI
YES

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
But idk who to main yet, there's only 2 characters so far and both of them are clones
Japanese School Girl > Surprisingly Muscular Salaryman, Cress.

She's obviously the top tier.

English BoTW trailer already out. She doesn't pull off anguish as well as in the Japanese trailer, but all around I like Zelda's english voice better.

And, again, Falco confirmed.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I am super hype for Fire Emblem Warriors tho. I never played Splatoon, but I just might get it since I enjoyed Overwatch (never thought I'd like FPS games until now).

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Oh. Oh wow.

The trailers that went up have so much more information. None of this was in the presentation.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Bowser Jr, King Boo, Dry Bones, Inkling Boy and Girl.

New items, completely revamped Battle Mode, including a Splatoon themed one.

Last edited:

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
paid online maybe means better online capability? idk. not a huge fan of paid online services (even with sony and microsoft)
I may have just looked at it wrong, but it looked like the paid online was just for your friend network ("on smart devices???" Seems like an interesting way to do it). So you'd be able to do online no matter what, but you'd have to pay for what I'm taking to be a game network where you can directly communicate and coordinate with people you have added.

Either way, pretty pumped about a lot of this, thoughts:
Mario Odyssey, besides Zelda, is the game I'm most excited for, it looks like something that could legitimately expand past the universe of Mario Galaxy to be something just as good or better.

That 1 2 Switch party game... actually looks kinda good. If it's done right, it's something I'd love to break out with my casual-gaming friends.

It's a shame a lot of the third party speakers had poor translation, it seems like they're bringing genuinely good things to the table. Especially excited for Nintendo enlisting Bethesda and EA and what it means for games that might otherwise have missed Nintendo consoles.

Vote for game I'm least excited about is Arms. It's a cool concept for a fighter, but nobody competitive is going to pick this up unless massive Nintendo money and Joy-Con beyond our wildest expectations.

Speaking of Joy-Con, they packed a ton of features in those tiny controllers. Hope the battery life ends up being a non-issue.

Whole lotta RPG action, goodbye freetime! Especially excited for Xenoblade 2, which looks like it'll be more of a direct and less of a spiritual successor to Xenoblade Chronicles.

No news about new pokemon or smash games yet... We'll keep dreaming of Zelda Buffs and big screen battles.

JUST GIVE ME ZELDA RIGHT NOW

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I may have just looked at it wrong, but it looked like the paid online was just for your friend network ("on smart devices???" Seems like an interesting way to do it). So you'd be able to do online no matter what, but you'd have to pay for what I'm taking to be a game network where you can directly communicate and coordinate with people you have added.
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

You’ll be able to play compatible co-op and competitive games online by signing in with your Nintendo Account. Online play will be free for Nintendo Account holders until our paid online service launches in fall 2017.

After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online.

This service is only for Nintendo Switch. It does not affect Wii U or Nintendo 3DS systems or online play.

They also seem to be adding online lobbies and chat, and a monthly free NES or SNES download.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Arms comes out in Spring 2017
Spring
Springman
Ninty did a jok

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
BotW Special and Master Editions...
New Zelda and Bokoblin amiibos....

I'm going to blow through a full fricken paycheck when the Switch releases. I'm actually kind of glad the Switch doesn't have more must-have titles at launch.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
BotW Special and Master Editions...
New Zelda and Bokoblin amiibos....

I'm going to blow through a full fricken paycheck when the Switch releases. I'm actually kind of glad the Switch doesn't have more must-have titles at launch.
We don't actually know if that's true or not.

Unless I missed something, at the moment BotW is the only confirmed launch title.

The presentation was very sparse on release dates, and only slightly less so on windows.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
YOOOOO MARIO ODYSSEY
First thought seeing it was, "Sonic '06". Made worse when Mario rolled. :p

Y'know, I don't think I ever watched a reveal trailer for a Mario game. Maybe Dream Team? Anyway, looks amazing and interesting. One thing that looks awesome, but also bugs me is Mario himself. The little stitching on his jeans adds a nice touch, but Mario's proportions seem to be off to me. His neck is like nonexistent when he stands normally; don't really notice this when he's in motion either literally moving or a screenshot of him moving.

For gameplay, while it's concerning there's so many open-world games nowadays, I don't really mind it since Mario's did this since at least Sunshine. What does concern me is that Mario seems to move a bit too slow. Considering he can jump and scale buildings, it might not matter like in Assassin's Creed. Hat boomerang reminds me of Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and Rygar.

We also seem to have Nintendo's basic release schedule that all their other games will be released around.

Spring: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Summer: Splatoon 2

The city shown in the trailer needs snow or be covered in snow periodically. It's basically NYC. Cue Christmas in New York from SFV.

From what I've gathered so far in catching up with Nintendo Switch news, I probably should get or rent Splatoon 1 some day since it's getting a sequel and not an updated port like Mario Kart 8. Thoughts on Mario Odyssey was already said, ARMS, Blazblue, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, No More Heroes 3, Shin Megami Tensei, etc. stuff, Fire Emblem Warriors is neat and felt like a given considering the large cast and resembling historical wars or war novels like the Hundred Years' War, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and the Sengoku Period. That being said, you don't really need a large cast or selection of characters for a Warriors or Basara game. Anyway, let's hope Lucina isn't going to be a clone of Marth and Chrom is actually playable and not like the special NPCs in some of the games. Since there is a Berserk game, it would be cool if Ike had some of Guts' moves.

Something that bothers me is that there is a F-Zero-like game being released for the Switch: Fast FMX. It's not a F-Zero game and a new F-Zero wouldn't really cannibalize Mario Kart 8 considering that's being re-released and updated. I don't know, it just bothers me that out of the franchises Nintendo created, F-Zero's pretty much the only one where inspired games are being made and sometimes exclusive to Nintendo's consoles, but F-Zero itself is pretty much dead. Compare this to games like Mother where, yes, there are inspired games, but they don't fill in for Mother. I hope someone gets what I'm trying to say.

Moving on, the Switch having upgradeable storage is awesome. What makes it more awesome is that it's not proprietary like the Xbox 360 or One's and that as it uses micro-SD cards, it's digital unlike the default storage of the PS4 and technically the PS3 which doesn't have ability to run SSDs properly -- you can use one, but it won't be maintained because of the OS's lack of support if I understand and remember correctly. Some digital storage options like SSDs and SD cards are faster than mechanical harddrives, but can be more expensive -- usually SSDs.

Nintendo moving to a paid online multiplayer system isn't surprising. I think it has to do with server costs, but there was some controversy -- I believe -- back in the day PS2 and Xbox having online multiplayer and Sony got in trouble I think while Microsoft basically said screw off and continued their paid subscription. For me, I don't like having to pay for both internet and multiplayer. Part of it is for financial reasons.

Also, Square Enix's announcement of Project Octopath Traveler reminds me of 3D Dot Game Heroes. The whole retro-vibe which for this game is sprites on a 3D plane while 3DDGH's is a sprite world in 3D. Speaking of Square Enix, did not know KH 2.8's release date was apparently today -- err, yesterday since it's past midnight. Welp, time to watch BotW's new trailer.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
OMG. That bird dude's freaking laugh. The voice reminds me of Falco's Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins voice actor, apparently Jacob Craner, who had a higher-pitched voice than Mark Lund's. I swear if this dude is actually voiced by Craner. Oh, and Goron's with blue flames reminds me of the Gorons living in Snowhead, living in cold weather. Gorons with ice powers would be cool.

Zelda's white dress reminds me of Quina from Dragon's Dogma which I should finish. Funny enough, Link and Zelda's situation are kind of like the Arisen and Quina's in DD. Link and the Arisen are mute, chosen heroes who basically do whatever they want while Zelda and Quina are at least friends with them, are (white) mage and priestess-like characters, and try to help in whatever way with in Zelda's words: "all for nothing", which means nothing without context while Quina's actions, like most of the not-really plot-relevant NPCs, don't really affect anything in the DD. That being said, her white dress sort of has a Greek and Roman-feel to it which if consider that when Rome fell, the Dark Ages happened, it's like how Hyrule fell, a 100 years dark age happened before the start of BotW.

Huh, thought the red dude swinging his sword on Link looked like a Garo from Majora's Mask. Slow down the video if you can -- mobile doesn't let you -- and you'll see a mask that looks like the Mask of Truth. Also, while these are all probably due to the angle of the shot, before the red dude swings his sword, it has a pattern that reminds me of the Gilded Sword in Majora's Mask and right before Link parries with his shield, it has this helix pattern -- probably due to lighting -- like The Fierce Deity's Double Helix Sword.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Looks like Gamestop broke
upload_2017-1-13_2-17-57.png
Seriously though I feel like if I don't pre-order the special edition somewhere I'm not going to be able to get it at all.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We don't actually know if that's true or not.

Unless I missed something, at the moment BotW is the only confirmed launch title.

The presentation was very sparse on release dates, and only slightly less so on windows.
I guess what I meant was that if Switch had a super awesome lineup full of games I can't wait for, I'd think I would of heard of it by now. I was actually secretly terrified that Nintendo may have been working on a secret awesome lineup for Switch just to ensure it isn't a second Wii U, but it looks like that's not actually the case.

There's actually only a few games I'm not willing to wait on, and so far it looks like we aren't getting any. I mean, if there was a new FE15 at launch, for instance, I think we would of heard of it by now. Instead we got a spin off which doesn't look to be a launch title at all - and even if it is, I can wait.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
IDK how I feel about Xenoblade Chronicles 2. XCX was a BIIIIIIIIIG step in the right direction just from the world alone, now it feels like they took a step back. Unless of course they merged the two together. But I really loved how we could essentially create our own character and we "followed" the main character Elma/Lin around instead. The multitude of character builds was pretty nice too, of course. The level cap and gear grind, however... Bleh. Maybe in 2 years XCX2 will be out? That'd be interesting and smart to do, since it would ensure that one universe doesn't get burnt out by alternating. I NEED TO KNOW SUMFIN BOUT DAT PLANET THO MG

That aside. This is nice:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Everything is great and all, I love the new Mario, Splatoon 2 looks cool, Arms seems really fun and reminds me a bit of Punch Out, Fire Emblem Warriors is really cool and reminds me I need to go back to Hyrule Warriors, the new Xenoblade looks cool...

But oh man new Bomberman. Y'all have no idea how happy that makes me, Bomberman was a big chunk of my childhood and this new one looks so damn fun

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I've just watched many of the clips that GameXplain put on their channel of the Treehouse Presentation. Time to give my overall thoughts:

1, 2, Switch - It looks decent, it reminds me a bit of Wild Gunman that was on the NES. Will I get it? I'm not so sure, but it does seem interesting.
ARMS - I see those characters have mastered the Ripple. :secretkpop: But seriously, it looks fun. I wonder how competitive it'll get...
Splatoon 2 - I can easily see Masae and Emile getting hyped up for this, I mean holy crap. Those new Specials, new Weapons and abilities? Yes please! I just love that the Missile Launcher that one of them got reminded me of War Machine's Super from Marvel vs. Capcom 1. And the explosion from hitting the ground with their fist reminded me of Laharl's first skill from Disgaea. I'll probably try this out, looks really fun.
Super Mario Odyseey - Mario is now on a roadtrip around the world to save his girl! But yeah, this game looks really interesting and fun. It reminds me of Mario 64 so much. Tons of exploration, many collectibles and so on. Hoping it'll be a fantastic game when it comes out.
Fire Emblem Warriors - Cress! get ready. Seems like it'll involve many of the timelines and the Fates universe too. So far, I think we'll be getting characters from Awakening, Fates, Binding Blade, Light and Shadow, not so sure about the other two. But I'm keeping my expectations up for this. (Just gimme Female Corrin and Rhajat or Tharja again. :V)
Xenoblade 2 - I was not expecting this when I saw the video. But it looks awesome! I loved the first Xenoblade Chronicles, so hopefully we'll get something fantastic in this one. Just give us the option of English or Japanese voices again Nintendo.
Sonic Mania - FINALLY!
Breath of the Wild - Looks more open now with a very compelling story. I do like how they made Zelda look, she looks less sassy now and less banworthy. :secretkpop: But in all honesty, I will probably get this game on launch. Looks fun and I'll probably since in a lot of time into this.
Super Bomberman R - I wonder if people will still forgive Konami after what they did. :V
Puyo Puyo Tetris - This is a bizarre crossover. I've only ever played Puyo Puyo as Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine on either the Sonic Collection games or in SADX and in Project Mirai. As for Tetris, I've played that in an odd 26 Games-in-One handheld. I am curious by this and wondering if it'll be any good.

Other titles:
I saw Disgaea 5 appear in the 1st and 3rd Party Video. GIMME DISGAEA 5! *w*
Minecraft is there to no surprise.
Dragon Quest Heroes looks enticing, Xenoverse coming to the Switch too. I've never been a fan on Dragon Ball, so I'll pass on this.
Skylanders... Just let it die already.
LEGO City Undercover. I loved that game back on the Wii U, looking forward to playing it again on the Switch!
New Rayman? Though it looks like Rayman Legends.
Farming Simulator. Who's ready to farm some crops?!
Skyrim we've seen countless times on YouTube. I wonder if the Switch version will get mod support.
Street Fighter 2 looks hilarious with it having a 2v1 system now. We SkullGirls in here?

Finally, the Online Service. Hmm... I am concerned on whether it'll be a yearly fee or a monthly fee. If it's to allow us to get a way better online experience. I'll bite, plus this may sound stupid of me.
But will the subscription fee be taken from the amount of money you've topped up on your own Nintendo Account? Since the only time I've ever agreed with a Subscription Fee was with Pokemon Bank. Just curious.

Overall, I am looking forward to the Switch even more.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I just started to play Overwatch and so far it looks absolutely stunning. I love the characters, animations, maps and etc. But I'm currently not digging the gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of FPS games but I feel like it's too hectic. I get dizzy when I play for too long and it's really distracting. I also was really hoping that it has a story mode because I would really like to know the story of these amazing characters. So far the story is told by shorts and comics. I'd prefer it these were included in the game itself. The lootboxes were okay. I honestly thought it could have ruined this game but the way they're doing it is fine.

I really tried to love this game because it looked awesome from an outsiders perspective. Maybe I just suck at the game but I'll keep playing it until I get bored of it. Hopefully, I can look past the issues and start enjoying this game.

IDK how I feel about Xenoblade Chronicles 2. XCX was a BIIIIIIIIIG step in the right direction just from the world alone, now it feels like they took a step back. Unless of course they merged the two together. But I really loved how we could essentially create our own character and we "followed" the main character Elma/Lin around instead. The multitude of character builds was pretty nice too, of course. The level cap and gear grind, however... Bleh. Maybe in 2 years XCX2 will be out? That'd be interesting and smart to do, since it would ensure that one universe doesn't get burnt out by alternating. I NEED TO KNOW SUMFIN BOUT DAT PLANET THO MG
I honestly thought I was the only person that liked the custom character for XCX. But most people preferred a defined main character for story reasons. Although, I liked XCX more than XC, I'm quite exited of the potential this game has. So far it looks like a Zeno game and I like the new art style.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Switch Presentation was really fun to watch (rip that poor translator), I can't wait for this damn console
Hate against Arms is totally unjustified, that game looks so fun and I like the style
I'm gonna love Splatoon 2, and as for why it wasn't called Spla2n:
Kid: Mommy, I said Spla2n, not Splatoon!
Mom: asdfghjkl
Mario Odyssey looks reaaally fun. Bowser's outfit makes me love himm even more. Though I dunno how I feel about Mario's hat suddenly being sentient (is it a parasite??)
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 ASDFGHJKLKJHGFDSA
Not sure about the super anime style but i hope the story is more intriguing than X's.
That new game by the Bravely Default team looks nice and all, but I really want Bravely Third :c
It's honestly really refreshing to see the Koei Techmo logo and not have the Hyrule Warriors theme blasting in my ears. Though I've only played Awakening, I think I'll try Fire Emblem Warriors out if only for the gameplay.
Weird how they didn't even mention MK8 Deluxe, despite showing it more than once. Inklings are cool, I missed Jr. and Dry Bones and King Boo, and Battle Mode aw yis
tl;dr We need another ****in direct soon it's ALREADY BEEN TOO LONG

Last edited:
wait a min

just a quick question

what are the launch titles for the switch? other than zelda

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
wait a min

just a quick question

Thus far:
  • Sonic Mania
  • Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
  • Just Dance 2017
  • 1, 2, Switch!
  • The Binding of Issac: Rebirth
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (there's no date on the standalone page but it's bundled with other launch titles on GameStop so I'm going with that)
  • Has-Been Heroes
  • Redout
  • Skylanders Something-or-other
  • Disega 5
I'd be surprised if Ultra Street Fighter 2 wasn't day 1 but nothing's been said on that front.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
wait a min

just a quick question

As per the presentation, nothing was announced.

Outside of the presentation, Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2 and Disgaea 5 are both Launch titles as well.

Also seems to include Just Dance 2017, Has Been Heroes, and I am Setsuna. Super Bomberman R should be out in March.

By the end of April, Sonic Mania and Mario Kart Deluxe should be out.

Hopefully that stuff is clarified.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Thus far:
  • Sonic Mania
  • Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
  • Just Dance 2017
  • 1, 2, Switch!
  • The Binding of Issac: Rebirth
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (there's no date on the standalone page but it's bundled with other launch titles on GameStop so I'm going with that)
  • Has-Been Heroes
  • Redout
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Disega 5
I'd be surprised if Ultra Street Fighter 2 wasn't day 1 but nothing's been said on that front.
MK8 Deluxe is April 28th

Top Bottom