• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Wait how is competitive Pokemon for Sun/Moon? I watched some competitive battles for X/Y back then and I even made some competitive OU and UU pokes.

So what are the main differences between XY and S/M? I've watched some battles on YouTube and I've seen at least one Tapu or an Ultra Beast on a team. How relevant are they?

If it's similar to XY I might get into it

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If you're talking competitive Smogon, the metagame is really offensive-heavy right now, with threats like Tapu Lele and Pheromosa running wild. Balanced and defensive teams will probably become more viable as the metagame starts to settle.

Fairies are a lot more common than in XY, no thanks to the Tapus and Magearna. They're all really, really good - aside from Tapu Fini, which is still fairly solid. The UBs aside from Guzzlord are all really good at what they do.

Z-moves didn't mix things up that much, but they're good on lure sets and occasional wall-breaks.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Sun and moon doubles looks amazing imo. Comfey & Oranguru come to mind instantly as some of the coolest non-legendary additions for that. Both work in trick room (because Comfey can basically have an all-priority moveset w/triage) while Oranguru is bulky enough and does amazing things with instruct. Then there are other quirks like Ribombee speed swap, dancer ability on Oricorio, stamina Mudsdale + skill link teammate, and Shiinotic strength sap w/defiant teammate, or spotlight + baleful bunker, and things o can't remember atm.

This gen was made for doubles.

The only annoying thing I see is some of the ultra beasts, which are coming out pretty quick as annoying in some respects with the polarized stats, but from what I've seen most players can still manage against them.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Wait how is competitive Pokemon for Sun/Moon? I watched some competitive battles for X/Y back then and I even made some competitive OU and UU pokes.

So what are the main differences between XY and S/M? I've watched some battles on YouTube and I've seen at least one Tapu or an Ultra Beast on a team. How relevant are they?

If it's similar to XY I might get into it
If you're concerned about the VGC Format. It usually has the following:

- A Weather user
- A Trick Room user
- A Tapu
- A Ultra Beast

And there are quite a few threatening teams roaming around now. It's gotten to the point where while Oranguru was first commonly used early on in the meta, but now its not seen as much because Porygon2 can tank better and set up Trick Room while getting protection from Lele from Prankster users and so on.

Also, the Tapus and UBs are pretty relevant. Tapus can set up stage control with their Surge abilities, which each provide protection from certain things. Electric protects from Sleep and powers up Electric Type attacks. Psychic protects from Priority moves and powers up Psychic Type moves. Grass weakens Ground Type attacks by 50%, powers up Grass Type attacks and heals any grounded Pokemon by 1/18th of their HP each turn. And Misty protects from all Status moves, weakens Dragon moves by 50% and powers up Fairy Type attacks. Ultra Beasts are pretty dangerous if you let them get a kill, since they'll be gaining a boost to a certain stat that they benefit from the most. Making them more threatening.

In regards to the Tapus and UBs. I'll go and list them all down for you.

Koko - Often used as a lightning fast Special Sweeper. While it does have the Physical Stats to sweep, it's used more as a Special Sweeper. However, it is very frail. So be warned when using it. Electric Surge also prevents Pokemon from falling asleep and is a key factor when using Alola Raichu with it. Most common item used on it is either Choice Specs/Scarf or Life Orb. Though I plan on making mine a Wall Breaker by giving it a Focus Sash too.

Lele - Lele hits VERY hard. She can put a huge dent into quite a few tanky mons. Plus with Psychic Surge, it prevents any Pokemon on the ground from getting hit by moves with Priority. So Pokemon like Whimsicott or Fake Out users will be denied priority. They are often seen carrying either Psychium Z, Choice Specs or Choice Scarf.

Bulu - While it can be used as a hard hitting Physical Attacker. I've seen it slowly being used more as a wall. Since it gains access to Leech Seed, Sub and Horn Leech can help prolong its time on the field. Plus with Grassy Surge giving it more health regen too and reducing the power of Ground Moves makes it a great supporting Pokemon too. They are often seen running Leftovers or Grassium Z.

Fini - Tapu Fini is pretty much a wall. It can gain access to Muddy Water which is great, since it can give the accuracy drop, however that will probably be one of the few only attacking moves you'll probably give it. I haven't seen Fini run as much, but the more common moves I've seen run on it are Muddy Water, Moonblast, Substitute, Calm Mind and obviously Protect. They often hold Leftovers or Misty Seeds.

Nihilego - This one Pokemon I have not seen run a lot. It's a very rare Pokemon to see in VGC. But I can only go by the build that Wolfe Glick provided in his guide on creating a Nihilego build. The main STAB moves that are run on it are Power Gem and Sludge Bomb, since those are its strongest STAB moves. Plus with it being a Special Sweeper. Be warned that just like Tapu Koko, it is frail. Infact, it's incredibly frail on the Physical side. I don't know what are the best items for it. But probably Focus Sash to let it survive an Earthquake.

Buzzwole - Again, another Pokemon I don't see as much. But it's the opposite of what Nihilego is. It's a slow Physical Sweeper with great Physical Bulk too. I haven't seen much of it, but they do run Leech Life and Superpower. I can't really say what a good item for it is other than Fightinum Z.

Pheromosa - A Mixed, fast sweeper that is insanely frail. I've seen Pheromosa that run Ice Beam to deal with Flying Types. But that's besides the point. Best to give this one either a Choice Band/Specs/Scarf. Plus it can gain access to High Jump Kick, Lunge, Ice Beam, etc.

Xurkitree - I haven't seen this Pokemon as much. But it's a great Special Sweeper. Again, it's frail and sadly not very fast. Plus it has a limited movepool with you having to rely on moves like Energy Ball, Hidden Power Ice and a multitude of Electric Moves. Best give this one Choice Specs.

Celesteela - Celesteela makes me wish it didn't exist.

Kartana - This is one powerful Pokemon. It's just like Buzzwole, except it's actually pretty fast, but it is INSANELY frail on the Special Side with just 31 Special Defense. Other than that, this is going to be the standard Physical Sweeper. It has access to a ton of Physical Attacks such as Smart Strike, Leaf Blade, Sacred Sword, Night Slash and so on. I'd honestly recommend giving it either a Choice Band/Scarf, Focus Sash or Grassium Z. Since this Pokemon hits HARD.

Guzzlord - Sadly, this one isn't seen as much. If it was introduced in Gen 5, it would've been amazing. However, due to Fairies lurking around. It isn't used as much. But it has the highest amount of HP out of the UBs and decent Attacking stats to boot. I can't really say anything else about it. Since I haven't seen much of it. Just keep it on a Trick Room team, since that's where Guzzlord belongs.

Though the main threats I should mention are Arcanine, Tapu Lele, Garchomp, Arquanind, Alola Muk and so on. There's so many powerful mons lurking around. Heck, once the Bank Update becomes available. I think less common mons will be used more often (Like Tsareena with Feint to break through Protect).

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ahh AGDQ started today and I'm so hype :D
Luckily all of the runs I'm interested in happen in the evening, so I won't miss anything important to me (though it's a shame all of the more obscure runners are given early morning times)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Ahh AGDQ started today and I'm so hype :D
Luckily all of the runs I'm interested in happen in the evening, so I won't miss anything important to me (though it's a shame all of the more obscure runners are given early morning times)
Is Mario Maker on there? Since I heard from CarlSagan42 that they won't be having speed running contests at AGDQ.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Nope; it's a shame too. I thought those were really well received.

They were always the main highlight for me the past few marathons, at least.
Yeah, it's a real shame. Plus whenever I have time, I just put on one of Carl's videos of him playing a bunch of levels. Be it Kaizo levels, puzzle levels or speed run levels. They're really fun to watch and enjoyable to see him beat them. Way better then how the Grumps do it anyway. :V

Plus, let us not forget Brain Power.

O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAAO

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
There is a problem running Scald while Misty Surge is on the field. You'll never get the chance to Burn your opponent.
Well this is all from gen 6, I haven't even touched gen 7 online yet.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I just got back to a computer I haven't used in ages and I found this little gem:

BJN's Jar.png
Here's a little reminder for everyone not to double post and to follow the rules :secretkpop:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Is Greninja still banned in S/M's meta? I'm not really keeping track of things and I wonder what impact Ash Greninja has.
Ash Greninja and Protean are allowed for now. I think both will get banned in due time though.

:150:

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
A lot happened today in OW. So here's some picture spam.
rip me

Thanks Comcast

idk

Puddin is level 3 :^)

I love Anubis defense because of this ridonk heeling

The first time I got 4 golds maybe?

Angry Monkey: Round 1

Angry Monkey: Round 2
So what I've learned today:
-Ana isn't a healer
-Nobody knows how to play against Winston
-Sweden doesn't exist
-Comcast sucks
-Puddin has been lying to me this whole time and has just gotten the game

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
rip me

Thanks Comcast

idk

-Ana isn't a healer
-Sweden doesn't exist
-Comcast sucks
I am a smurf account user, das why.

;^)

rip me

Thanks Comcast

idk

-Ana isn't a healer
-Sweden doesn't exist
-Comcast sucks
https://gfycat.com/DismalConsiderateBlackfly

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is Greninja still banned in S/M's meta? I'm not really keeping track of things and I wonder what impact Ash Greninja has.
It's on the radar right now, but they are at least giving it a second chance for now.

Ash-Greninja is pretty good. It basically gets the stats of a mega without the item or mega slot restrictions. Choice specs have been really popular on it to help it get a kill to trigger the transformation, and because it hits like a beast in its "mega" form. It is, however, more restricted in coverage options since it doesn't have access to Gen 6 tutors - so that means no Gunk Shot nor Low Kick. Its coverage moves also don't have that extra power from Proteon, so its weaker until it manages to go mega.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Good news is that my mother is now finally back at work. Six months of recovering since her op. Glad to see she's now back at work.

Also, will be doing some University work and I just saw Episode 8 of Cowboy Bebop "Waltz with Venus". Was a good episode, did like the ending of it too.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Good news is that my mother is now finally back at work. Nearly five months of recovering since her op. Glad to see she's now back at work.

Also, will be doing some University work and I just saw Episode 8 of Cowboy Bebop "Waltz with Venus". Was a good episode, did like the ending of it too.
Evening~

I'm doing just fine had some serious medical issues in the past but it's settled. I've since graduated and working a desk job for a huge tech company. Glad to see that your mother is recovering very well. Hope she continues to be in good health for the foreseeable future.

I have some fond memories watching Cowboy Bebob for the first time last year. Definitely in my top animes ever made.

Since everyone here have been raving about Overwatch for the past year. I decided to start trying it out sometime next week. I've bought a new laptop to play some of the games that I've missed like Undertale, Terraria, Stardew Valley, Issac, Overwatch and maybe a moba.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Evening~

I'm doing just fine had some serious medical issues in the past but it's settled. I've since graduated and working a desk job for a huge tech company. Glad to see that your mother is recovering very well. Hope she continues to be in good health for the foreseeable future.
Thanks, hoping your desk job goes well for you!

I have some fond memories watching Cowboy Bebop for the first time last year. Definitely in my top animes ever made.
I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Plus I'm watching it along with Oregairu, since I got both series during the Festive Holidays. So I thought it'd be best if I did decide to watch them back-to-back whenever I had the chance to.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Evening~

I have some fond memories watching Cowboy Bebob for the first time last year. Definitely in my top animes ever made.

Since everyone here have been raving about Overwatch for the past year. I decided to start trying it out sometime next week. I've bought a new laptop to play some of the games that I've missed like Undertale, Terraria, Stardew Valley, Issac, Overwatch and maybe a moba.
Aaaaaay, another gorl joins Buttwatch.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. Two shows I'm hyped for have already started airing today! :yeahboi:

Gintama 2017 and Little Witch Academia. Shame is I have to wait a week before I can watch Gintama 2017 for free on Crunchyroll.

Oh well, might as well wait on Gintama 2017 and see if I can find a way to watch LWA.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Welp, Scalebound got canceled. Kind of expected it since 2016, PlatinumGames were developing or co-developing 6 games with at least 4 of them being major, "AAA" games: Star Fox: Zero, Nier: Automata, Scalebound, and Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link. The other games are TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan and Lost Order for Android. That's insane for any single studio really. They are getting help, but it's still questionable if PlatinumGames or any studio should have taken that many projects. Scalebound and Phantom Dust are 2 canceled Xbox One (and PC) that were really interesting to me. Oh well... Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...um-part-ways-on-scalebound-development-ceased.

Also, fun fact: Scalebound's early concept had the main character be a little girl. So, lolitas and dragons instead of this dude who kind of looks like a fusion DMC4 Nero -- the arm -- and DmC Dante -- short hair and overall look -- and dragons. Link: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-exclusive-scalebound-was-shelved-twice-or/1100-6431046/.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've managed to get to watching the pilot of Little Witch Academia.

It's a really fun show, I'm definitely going to be sticking around with it. Plus Demolition D's review on it makes me think it's going to be even better due to my first impressions so far.

And I think I'm almost 1/3 done with Stardust Crusaders. Making some better progress with it, since I've been hearing quite a bit that Diamond is Unbreakable is probably the best part out of the JoJos that has been adapted so far. (Which part would you say is the best and worst out of the four so far?)

Welp, Scalebound got canceled. Kind of expected it since 2016, PlatinumGames were developing or co-developing 6 games with at least 4 of them being major, "AAA" games: Star Fox: Zero, Nier: Automata, Scalebound, and Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link. The other games are TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan and Lost Order for Android. That's insane for any single studio really. They are getting help, but it's still questionable if PlatinumGames or any studio should have taken that many projects. Scalebound and Phantom Dust are 2 canceled Xbox One (and PC) that were really interesting to me. Oh well... Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...um-part-ways-on-scalebound-development-ceased.

Also, fun fact: Scalebound's early concept had the main character be a little girl. So, lolitas and dragons instead of this dude who kind of looks like a fusion DMC4 Nero -- the arm -- and DmC Dante -- short hair and overall look -- and dragons. Link: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-exclusive-scalebound-was-shelved-twice-or/1100-6431046/.
I do feel like they were trying too hard by trying to take on too many projects. I mean I did hear that the TMNT wasn't that good, but well it's probably because they did have their B-Team working on it. Plus with Activision publishing it too. :V

I do kind of feel like if they stuck with at least maybe three games max, that would be best for them. And that before, didn't they original only made Bayonetta 1, 2 and Wonderful 101 before taking on other titles as well such as Korra, Transformers, etc.?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
It's really cute when it's Genji's turn to give chocolates and he says "Not Swiss" all awkwardly, you can just imagine him thinking "Oh god she gave me those really great chocolates and I only have this" and it's great.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I do feel like they were trying too hard by trying to take on too many projects. I mean I did hear that the TMNT wasn't that good, but well it's probably because they did have their B-Team working on it. Plus with Activision publishing it too. :V

I do kind of feel like if they stuck with at least maybe three games max, that would be best for them. And that before, didn't they original only made Bayonetta 1, 2 and Wonderful 101 before taking on other titles as well such as Korra, Transformers, etc.?
TMNT was kind of like The Legend of Korra game. So, decent, especially compared to other of PlatinumGames' works. It probably could have been like Transformers: Devastation which while short, was considered a good and fun hack 'n' slash. I'm going on a limb, but I'm guessing why TLoK and TMNT weren't so good was because they were tied to an established story and stuff which usually means the developers don't get as much freedom as they want. At worst, it's like a movie tie-in that's plain crappy, but at best, it could be something like The Lord of the Ring games or Spider-Man 2. Transformers: Devastation on the other hand or rather, eye, just had a basic plot and setting: something Transformers. Incidentally, High Moon Studios developed 2 really good Transformer games based on a reboot of the series which I think they and the Transformers writers collaborated on, but 1 bad one that was tied to Dark of the Moon. I don't like how Activision handles some of their IPs *cough*Spyro*cough*, their pricing policies which affects every damn game published by them, or the whole annual CoD problem, but their publishing of some games are pretty good. There was even a shooter that from a glance could make something think, "Oh, great, a CoD-like game", but it's apparently a good game that deals with time and alternate history; Singularity (2010).

Max games would depend on what they are. If they're short and simple like TLoK, TMNT, and Transformers: Devastation -- Devastation's combat is basically a combination of Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance --, and maybe Lost Order, the Android game they're making, then sure, 3+ projects could work. If they're big, "AAA", or experiments -- Anarchy Reigns, the multiplayer hack 'n' slash game, and Vanquish, a high-speed third-person shooter come to mind -- and even if they're co-developing, I'd say 2 at most. PlatinumGames has talented developers, but 6 games being developed is insane. Yes, games are developed longer than most people think and often take for granted. Case in point: the article in my previous post about Scalebound being conceptualized around 2006 and rejected twice before it as an IP was bought by Microsoft and it starting development for the Xbox One. If you think about that, then it was in development for 10 years even if all there was were prototypes and on-paper concepts. Even though outside of Scalebound being a PlatinumGames' brainchild, they're still going to have a lot of work. For example, Metal Gear Rising: Revengance, Nier: Automata, and Star Fox: Zero. Those games were probably all in development before PlatinumGames entered. With MGR:R, they had had to rehaul its gameplay; originally when it was Metal Gear Rising, the combat looked like when you used MGS2 and MGO2's HF Blade, but with some more moves and Zandatsu. For Star Fox, PlatinumGames was said to have been hired to speed up the development since their "Arwing" section in Bayonetta 2 looked good and if you go back further, DMC1 had an on-rails shooter section, so they had proof they could do a Star Fox game. As for Nier. I don't know. Drakengard and Nier's combat looks all right, but not like the spectacle that Bayonetta, DMC, and Revengeance had. That's still a lot; they basically did the entire gameplay at the very least with new assets, modeling, texturing, etc. probably being done by them as well. Jetstream Sam was either designed by or redesigned by PlatinumGames for one; the other bosses were by Kojima Productions and were "finished" before it was originally canceled.

Long story short and I've said this countless times, but game development is getting much and much more costly and time consuming. Back then, like in the 80's and 90's, you could have 1 dude do everything and release a rad game. You can still do that, but it's definitely not going to look like a "modern" title. By that, it's probably not going to look like a recent Mario, Uncharted, or whatever. It can, but it will take longer and might end up just being a graphics tech demo. That being said, there are good games out there made by individual like Dust: An Elysian Tail. People are always like, "it's the gameplay that matters", but yeah... Anyway, games nowadays are big and you need a team at the very least. For bigger games, you need like studios to do stuff. Maybe it starts out with 8 people -- this was apparently how Half-Life 2 was "re-developed" by Valve -- before the rest of the studio helps out, but current games need more time, funding, and people sometimes to the detriment of them i.e. "crunching" to meet deadlines. Add in advertising which probably and sadly makes up most of the budget, publishers telling developers what to do and not to do *cough*Capcom*cough*Konami*cough*, and that game development never goes smoothly. Seriously, some things were flukes, some things developers never figured out and dropped -- beta elements --, and some things look fine, but stuff like feedback killed their games e.g. Insomniac Games' concept for Fuse as Overstrike was this goofy-looking game, but they asked players, young kids I think, who basically said it looked stupid and then they made the generic, gruff third-person shooter known as Fuse or maybe they never really tested it -- Sonic '06 and Sonic Boom come to mind.

Speaking of factors... I do not like the fact that Capcom dropped MT Framework and shifted to UE4 like many developers. Short overview is that it's an engine that does really well across all platforms, especially on PC where you have games like DMC4 running at 60FPS on consoles, but +100FPS on low to low-mid-range PCs. I don't know enough about the engine or engines in general, but it seems like a technical marvel. Instead, everyone's using Unreal Engine 4 these days. UE in general was said to be developer-friendly, but it's not "game-friendly". Sometimes it's just that it doesn't look that great like UE3 and it has issues with performance which was the reason why DmC: Devil May Cry ran at 30FPS on consoles and I feel like that might be the case with UE4. UE4 looks pretty and so does CryEngine, but that's kind of it; Crysis 1 which ran on the first iteration of CryEngine comes to mind as being pretty, but horrible in optimization. I feel like if MT Framework had a current-gen iteration, it probably would have been pretty good. Possibly even Fox Engine-like -- RIP that engine ever being used meaningfully again. Off the top of my head, outside of unnamed engines like Ratchet & Clank's, I think DICE's Frostbite Engine is one of the better ones. It started off rough, but pretty much does well across the platforms it's on. Making engines is supposedly a given for any programmer, but like game development, it has been getting out of hand. Crystal Tools, Final Fantasy XIII's engine, apparently took too long to develop while being costly and CryEngine has done nothing, but look pretty since its existence and Crytek was recently said to be in financial trouble as 5? studios were shut down. I don't know... Man, if Konami were to do something benevolent, it would be to license Fox Engine out. I don't given a damn how much that thing costs, that marvel of an engine needs to be used in future games by anyone.

The salt at Gency voice lines makes me happy
Gency is a cute ship
Aww... If only their ship name was called Menji and if only Mercy was a muscular man. The ship would be sooo MANLY! :p

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Aww... If only their ship name was called Menji and if only Mercy was a muscular man. The ship would be sooo MANLY! :p
TBF, all the men in Overwatch are muscular with 2 kinda-exceptions.

Roadhog is buff AF but he is also fat AF so you get a muscled pigman.

Junkrat is of average weight for a man his height, but that also includes body fat (15%~20% maybe). But clearly he has 5%~8%, so he's really a wiry ripped guy is all. Fitrat.

Genji's cyborg body is based off the size of his human body, just without clothes in the way (maybe even without the skin too eeeew). You can see he has some nice forearm meat/muscle mass with his Young Genji skin. Which is him, like, a decade ago. So we can assume he'd be buffer before The Great Noodle Dragon War.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
TBF, all the men in Overwatch are muscular with 2 kinda-exceptions.

Roadhog is buff AF but he is also fat AF so you get a muscled pigman.

Junkrat is of average weight for a man his height, but that also includes body fat (15%~20% maybe). But clearly he has 5%~8%, so he's really a wiry ripped guy is all. Fitrat.

Genji's cyborg body is based off the size of his human body, just without clothes in the way (maybe even without the skin too eeeew). You can see he has some nice forearm meat/muscle mass with his Young Genji skin. Which is him, like, a decade ago. So we can assume he'd be buffer before The Great Noodle Dragon War.
I'm thinking muscular as in bara muscular. Ultra-manly Mercy and Genji forming the Menji ship. :p

As for Genji's body. It could be like Grey Fox whose human body was grafted onto his exoskeleton. That's the most horrific idea and would have disturbing implications of Mercy's idea of "saving" Genji. The other could be like Raiden. Imagine playing with a Lego dude POP! there goes the head and onto a new body. Except this is MGS where it was said Raiden's head and spine minus his lower jaw were surgically removed from his body and grafted onto a biomechanical body. Seriously, look at the "fleshy" parts of him in MGS4 and compare them to the organic legs the GEKKO have. His old body? Probably thrown away, but if we want to be dark and edgy, then it was probably fed to some animal and Raiden was forced to watch. Genji's process was probably more family-friendly.

If he still has his head / face, his helmet could be a visor thing and retract. If not, then it's probably really sad like he's a brain in a robotic body which would beg the question of why Mercy didn't try to give him a human-like body. Y'know, if it wasn't as severe, Genji could be a bit like Adam Jensen or DC's Cyborg where some parts are clearly cybernetic, but others you couldn't tell like his eyes and internal organs and he still has his torso skin or whatever. At that point, he would probably be wearing a very form-fitting suit. Eh... Why am I'm pondering about a cyborg's body at 1 AM?

Edit: Menji could just be Genji with a MANLY harem except Hanzo because ew.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'm thinking muscular as in bara muscular. Ultra-manly Mercy and Genji forming the Menji ship. :p

As for Genji's body. It could be like Grey Fox whose human body was grafted onto his exoskeleton. That's the most horrific idea and would have disturbing implications of Mercy's idea of "saving" Genji. The other could be like Raiden. Imagine playing with a Lego dude POP! there goes the head and onto a new body. Except this is MGS where it was said Raiden's head and spine minus his lower jaw were surgically removed from his body and grafted onto a biomechanical body. Seriously, look at the "fleshy" parts of him in MGS4 and compare them to the organic legs the GEKKO have. His old body? Probably thrown away, but if we want to be dark and edgy, then it was probably fed to some animal and Raiden was forced to watch. Genji's process was probably more family-friendly.

If he still has his head / face, his helmet could be a visor thing and retract. If not, then it's probably really sad like he's a brain in a robotic body which would beg the question of why Mercy didn't try to give him a human-like body. Y'know, if it wasn't as severe, Genji could be a bit like Adam Jensen or DC's Cyborg where some parts are clearly cybernetic, but others you couldn't tell like his eyes and internal organs and he still has his torso skin or whatever. At that point, he would probably be wearing a very form-fitting suit. Eh... Why am I'm pondering about a cyborg's body at 1 AM?

Edit: Menji could just be Genji with a MANLY harem except Hanzo because ew.
i liek ur stile gorl

Someone made this soooo fast and it's kinda uguu to the max without the whole awkwardness.

And speaking of manly men, Guzma is the true secret final husbando of Sun/Moon. He is also single unlike the fake husbando Kuikui.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I am suprised people actually wanted Pharmercy, they have no back story and Pharah is way too young for her.

Genji is also younger than Mercy by two years, but age is just a number to grade A baller like Genji.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I am suprised people actually wanted Pharmercy, they have no back story and Pharah is way too young for her.

Genji is also younger than Mercy by two years, but age is just a number to grade A baller like Genji.

Oh trust me Pharmercy is the overwhelming majority over on tumblr. As are most m/m and f/f pairings.

Top Bottom