• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Mother knows best,

and as Zelda Spritzee's momma I actually know he is a gay high school kid and not a conventionally-attractive white woman in her late teens to early twenties am sew proud of ha for finally telling the truth about haself.

Momma's proud, Spritzee

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oooooo, ptr balance patch for OW
Green for buff, red for nerf.
Ana:
  • Biotic Grenade
    • Healing boost on allies has been decreased by 50%
D. Va:
  • Health increased from 200 to 400, armor decreased from 400 to 200
  • Fusion Cannons
    • Bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2
    • Number of bullets per shot has been increased from 8 to 11
Roadhog:
  • His hook was changed and I'm not typing it all out again because I can't highlight and copy the patch notes for some reason cricri
Sombra:
  • Hack
    • The time it takes to hack a target has been decreased from 1 second to .8 seconds
Glad Ana and Sombra are finally getting looked at (and Roadhog's hook ofc but we knew about that already). Even tough that is a pretty big change to her grenade, it probably won't be enough :p Sombra still needs a bit more to still be usable coughshedoesn'tdealanydamagecoughcough but this was a problem and it's a start at least. D. Va was expected to be nerfed, but I expected something different. Not really sure why they changed her damage at all. The converting 200 armor to hp is... okay I guess? Her DM is the big controversial thing so I expected that to be changed even slightly, but nope.

And again, this is ptr, not the actual game so none of this may even end up happening.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm glad they're doing something about Ana because her HPS is absolutely stupid and the Biotic Grenade is just straight-up broken. I should not be able to keep a D.Va and a Reinhardt at nearly full health in the middle of a team fight with little effort. I'm an Ana main through and through (I have 45 hours on her), but I completely agree with her being nerfed. Tbh the grenade nerf might not be enough, and I could see them having to reduce how much each shot of her rifle heals. Maybe they could reduce each shot to heal 65-70 hp? That's pretty drastic, so let's just see how the grenade nerf plays out.

Sombra needs a lot of help before she becomes relevant, but buffing her hack is a good first step. I doubt 0.2 seconds would make much of a difference considering how easy it is to see that you're being hacked and then to interrupt it, but it's definitely an upgrade form the original. Tbh her damage isn't even that bad, but it's the spread that really holds her back. You basically have to be on top of someone to do any meaningful damage because Sombra cannot do any reliable damage at range. Buffing her stealth a little bit would be nice, but I can see why Blizzard is so hesitant in doing so.

Also give me Mercy buffs pls. She's the only character with only 1 ability and she's kinda in a bad spot right now. Make Mercy relevant again pls

Last edited:
I'm glad they're doing something about Ana because her HPS is absolutely stupid and the Biotic Grenade is just straight-up broken. I should not be able to keep a D.Va and a Reinhardt at nearly full health in the middle of a team fight with little effort. I'm an Ana main through and through (I have 45 hours on her), but I completely agree with her being nerfed. Tbh the grenade nerf might not be enough, and I could see them having to reduce how much each shot of her rifle heals. Maybe they could reduce each shot to heal 65-70 hp? That's pretty drastic, so let's just see how the grenade nerf plays out.

Sombra needs a lot of help before she becomes relevant, but buffing her hack is a good first step. I doubt 0.2 seconds would make much of a difference considering how easy it is to see that you're being hacked and then to interrupt it, but it's definitely an upgrade form the original. Tbh her damage isn't even that bad, but it's the spread that really holds her back. You basically have to be on top of someone to do any meaningful damage because Sombra cannot do any reliable damage at range. Buffing her stealth a little bit would be nice, but I can see why Blizzard is so hesitant in doing so.

Also give me Mercy buffs pls. She's the only character with only 1 ability and she's kinda in a bad spot right now. Make Mercy relevant again pls
ez way to make Mercy relevant:
1. Make rez worth using
2. Dumpster Ana

imo

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oooooo, ptr balance patch for OW
Green for buff, red for nerf.
Ana:
  • Biotic Grenade
    • Healing boost on allies has been decreased by 50%
D. Va:
  • Health increased from 200 to 400, armor decreased from 400 to 200
  • Fusion Cannons
    • Bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2
    • Number of bullets per shot has been increased from 8 to 11
Roadhog:
  • His hook was changed and I'm not typing it all out again because I can't highlight and copy the patch notes for some reason cricri
Sombra:
  • Hack
    • The time it takes to hack a target has been decreased from 1 second to .8 seconds
Glad Ana and Sombra are finally getting looked at (and Roadhog's hook ofc but we knew about that already). Even tough that is a pretty big change to her grenade, it probably won't be enough :p Sombra still needs a bit more to still be usable coughshedoesn'tdealanydamagecoughcough but this was a problem and it's a start at least. D. Va was expected to be nerfed, but I expected something different. Not really sure why they changed her damage at all. The converting 200 armor to hp is... okay I guess? Her DM is the big controversial thing so I expected that to be changed even slightly, but nope.

And again, this is ptr, not the actual game so none of this may even end up happening.
Her DM is fine but makes dumb babies salty, soooo... The HP/Armor switch is a big deal because Armor reduces damage recieved by 5, meaning DoT/low DMG would take way longer to melt her mech. With the swap, she will only be protected for 200/600 of her HP instead of 400/600 of her HP.

As for her Pulse Cannons, idk what that's supposed to achieve. It brings her 24 per shot down to 22. But maybe the 3 extra bullets will pad out her spray so she can get more hits from 5m-11m away?

The Sombra change is good for her hacking, which probably still needs more of something, but does nothing about her awful spread/dmg output. Or her clunkiness.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Recorded my first dungeon to see how crap I'd be since I forgot everything. BUT I noticed her sass walk is like a combination Bayonetta's sass stride and Zelda's sassy shoulder sway. That's the only thing needed for me to pick a character.
:secretkpop:

I think my problem with this game is that there's so many choices to play so picking just one is hard. I wish they had a traditional heal support but they don't (they have debuff/disable/hold/group support since it's an active game).
I used to love that game. Female Grappler was my groove.

They didn't change how DM works so she's probably still the most reliable answer to nano visor. She probably still beats Mccree. Reaper probably beats her now. 76 should have the edge against her. The properuse of DM though could still turn it to her favor. If double hitscan is a thing, Dva should stick around unless people value Zarya that much (which is possible). Her defense matrix should also be a valuable asset for Rein in shield wars so there's that

Ana is still amazing but she's probably fine where she's at. Don't know if the nerf will stop the tank meta because she still does over 100 hps with the bonus but it should reduce the effectiveness of the current tank meta anyway

Sombra buff probably didn't do too much. 0.2 seconds isn't that much of a difference and she can still get interrupted during that long duration sooo.... eh. We'll see

Roadhog... F Roadhog. LOL, real talk but I think Roadhog is the biggest loser this patch. He lost Ana's healing (slightly), his hook is harder to land now so getting picks is much harder and to top it off, he's still walking ult charge. To be fair, one shot mechanics are innately BS so this was sort of inevitable anyway

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
All is not lost for Roadhog

Before the hook fix, characters like Hanzo and Ana would get reeled in to a place where Roadhog couldn't one-shot them. I assume that was changed, and that's pretty huge for him now that he can reliably kill those characters

DM is fine as is imo

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Actually DM did get nerfed even though it wasn't in the notes (possibly a bug/glitch?).
It doesn't block any shots that are right in front of your face anymore. So if a Reaper sneaks up right next to you, flying out is the only option. And if Roadhog hooks you, you may not be able to DM the shot right after. Didn't actually play D. Va in the patch (was more interested in the emote/spray/voiceline wheels) so I have no clue how far the range of "right in front of you" is or if this is even a thing that exists.
Before the hook fix, characters like Hanzo and Ana would get reeled in to a place where Roadhog couldn't one-shot them. I assume that was changed, and that's pretty huge for him now that he can reliably kill those characters
This was changed.
Out of curiosity, how good are Lucio, Winston, and Reaper?

I never really see them mentioned anywhere, even in memes (well, Reaper a little).
Lucio is probably the best character in the game because he's required at all times. Ana is ridiculous but even then there's some situations she isn't that great in. Nobody really complains about him though because he's support and can't do a thing on his own. He's only great if the team can work with him. He also doesn't have any absurd abilities that make him unfair.
Winston is good but D. Va right now does almost the same thing as him but better.
Reaper is the counter to tanks which rule the meta right now but not many people play him.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how good are Lucio, Winston, and Reaper?

I never really see them mentioned anywhere, even in memes (well, Reaper a little).
Lucio is great because of speedboost and his ult is nice to have. His ability to push enemies is also a nice utility to peel for teammates.

Winston is a great character, but the current meta doesn't favor him outside of niche picks.

Reaper is another good character that's just getting trashed on in this meta.
Actually DM did get nerfed even though it wasn't in the notes (possibly a bug/glitch?).
It doesn't block any shots that are right in front of your face anymore. So if a Reaper sneaks up right next to you, flying out is the only option. And if Roadhog hooks you, you may not be able to DM the shot right after. Didn't actually play D. Va in the patch (was more interested in the emote/spray/voiceline wheels) so I have no clue how far the range of "right in front of you" is or if this is even a thing that exists.

This was changed.
iirc DM never protected you against people that got right into your face; the only DM nerf to it that I remember was that they added a one second cooldown after it retracts. RH is also guaranteed a shotgun blast after he pulls in any character, IF the RH does it right.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I used to love that game. Female Grappler was my groove.
I love Male Grappler, and not just because he's bara and throws b****es at other b****es. Since his glitches have been fixed he's proven to be one of the better Male Fighters, but requires more skill than Female Fighter since he can't really guide the mobs when he's grouping.

Though TBH I dislike the changes they did. I realized that my Silver Moon was able to clear the scenario because all story-scenarios are locked into being Easy, but give the same EXP as they would if they were Hard. So that means WAY faster leveling in exchange for occasional in-dungeon dialogue. The dungeons per scenario also have 5 or more variations, so it never gets old.

Smart move overall to make it feel less grindy, but also boring because a beat 'em up turns into spamming moves to 1 hit enemies and take down bosses within seconds. You can only access Hard mode after you fully clear the scenario, which by then you'd really have no reason to go back unless you wanna over-level or look for goodies.

They didn't change how DM works so she's probably still the most reliable answer to nano visor. She probably still beats Mccree. Reaper probably beats her now. 76 should have the edge against her. The properuse of DM though could still turn it to her favor. If double hitscan is a thing, Dva should stick around unless people value Zarya that much (which is possible). Her defense matrix should also be a valuable asset for Rein in shield wars so there's that

Ana is still amazing but she's probably fine where she's at. Don't know if the nerf will stop the tank meta because she still does over 100 hps with the bonus but it should reduce the effectiveness of the current tank meta anyway

Sombra buff probably didn't do too much. 0.2 seconds isn't that much of a difference and she can still get interrupted during that long duration sooo.... eh. We'll see

Roadhog... F Roadhog. LOL, real talk but I think Roadhog is the biggest loser this patch. He lost Ana's healing (slightly), his hook is harder to land now so getting picks is much harder and to top it off, he's still walking ult charge. To be fair, one shot mechanics are innately BS so this was sort of inevitable anyway
Ye the Ana thing is still kind of dumb. It'll probably need another nerf.

It doesn't block any shots that are right in front of your face anymore.
Gorl, it was always like that. The distance is 1m, which means your character's weapon should be just inches away from her visor.

Winston can attack while defending though while D.Va can't. Doesn't sound like a big deal especially considering that his left click only deals 60 damage per second but it's actually really good and it's why he can actually function as a main tank if you're gonna go for a dive comp. What D.Va does better than Winston though is shutting out key target/s, supporting Reinhardt shield and stopping ultimate. Winston is better at tanking and taking out defenseless 200 hp heroes

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I love Male Grappler, and not just because he's bara and throws b****es at other b****es. Since his glitches have been fixed he's proven to be one of the better Male Fighters, but requires more skill than Female Fighter since he can't really guide the mobs when he's grouping.
Male Grappler looks rad. In general, Dungeon Fighter Online's art is amazing; I was considering using one of Dungeon Fighter Online's art as an avatar, but I either forgot or chose not to for some reason. Same reason why Garrison from Battle Chasers is just sitting on my harddrive. It's funny; Guts (probably) inspired Ike and Garrison's designs, but Garrison came before Ike -- Battle Chasers was released in 1988 while Path of Radiance was released in 2005 -- and Ike post-Radiant Dawn looks like Garrison.

Seriously, look at Garrison and then look at Ike.
Garrison in the comics.

Garrison in the upcoming Battle Chasers: Nightwar game.

Ike's Radiant Dawn art.

Also, Guts.

Back to DFO, there is an anime loosely based on it believe it or not. It's a comedy series called Arad Senki: Slap Up Party. Anime's okay, but if you were expecting a badass action anime like Samurai Champloo or I think Blade & Soul's anime adaption, you're going to be disappointed. The fact it has "Slap Up Party" in its title should have been a warning... Part of me wants to play DFO again, but part of me doesn't. Cycled through a lot of characters and didn't really find who I wanted to play as when I did play it. I don't remember if I ever tried the Dark Elf. I get the feeling it's probably because I never grew up with 2D hack 'n' slash games like Golden Axe that I'm not entirely interested in games like it.

Last edited:
Wouldn't a tank meta make Reaper more valuable since he's a tank buster?
you would think lol

Like B-serker said, he gets trashed on by D.va and he operates in a range where everybody can contest him. That doesn't mention Soldier literally eating the poor dude alive wherever he tries to get into a good position, or the fact that one Ana grenade can also undo most, if not all, damage you inflict on a tank.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Male Grappler looks rad. In general, Dungeon Fighter Online's art is amazing; I was considering using one of Dungeon Fighter Online's art as an avatar, but I either forgot or chose not to for some reason. Same reason why Garrison from Battle Chasers is just sitting on my harddrive. It's funny; Guts (probably) inspired Ike and Garrison's designs, but Garrison came before Ike -- Battle Chasers was released in 1988 while Path of Radiance was released in 2005 -- and Ike post-Radiant Dawn looks like Garrison.

Seriously, look at Garrison and then look at Ike.
Garrison in the comics.

Garrison in the upcoming Battle Chasers: Nightwar game.

Ike's Radiant Dawn art.

Also, Guts.

Back to DFO, there is an anime loosely based on it believe it or not. It's a comedy series called Arad Senki: Slap Up Party. Anime's okay, but if you were expecting a badass action anime like Samurai Champloo or I think Blade & Soul's anime adaption, you're going to be disappointed. The fact it has "Slap Up Party" in its title should have been a warning... Part of me wants to play DFO again, but part of me doesn't. Cycled through a lot of characters and didn't really find who I wanted to play as when I did play it. I don't remember if I ever tried the Dark Elf. I get the feeling it's probably because I never grew up with 2D hack 'n' slash games like Golden Axe that I'm not entirely interested in games like it.
Saw that anime. It was kinda cute. Similar to the actual game in terms of somewhat serious, super srs when **** hits the fan, but mostly for LOLs.

DFO's main problem is the fact it's PvP is not heavily team based, meaning it gets old fast (you can only do 1v1 before getting totally bored). DFO's PvP is probably one of the few more simpler and funner PvPs, but some classes just have serious jank. The game itself WAS fun, but now scenarios are super easy meaning you can level faster - but will steamroll through the story missions. And the game has story missions way until lvl 70ish and after that it's pick-n-choose. So yay we can actually get enough quests/dungeons to not get bored. But boooooo we're stuck on steamroll mode.

I like Elsword a lot too, except unlike DFO, you actually have to mash the X/Z keys instead of being able to hold them down. It gets old quickly and really hurts my fingers after a while. Which is why I just played Grand Archer mostly and she was kinda fun tbh. I wish there were traditional healers or support. I really like playing Support when I want to relax and DPS/Tank when I'm feel like being active. Elsword kinda doesn't have that option...

I used to like LaTale but the PvP turned to crap super fast and the game is really dumb in terms of how much you can improve your character. It's nice because you could spend a year on one character alone and still have things to do, but also bad because it discourages multiple character use unless you want half-powered characters (strong but not strong to keep up with the big boys).

Maple Story... We do not have to discuss it.

Maybe some of us gorls should give Elsword a try? Plenty of classes, and there's even a DFO character (female gunner) there for some reason. Pretty simple game. Fun 3v3 team pvp mode. Though only 4 of us can party at a time for dungeons... So maybe if we just get 3 of us total it could be fun I guess.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to send a document off to my sister so she can have a look at some of the design ideas I ended up with. Plus so that way she can end up choosing herself on which one would benefit her the most.

And I'm making more progress on Cowboy Bebop and Oregairu (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU). Enjoying them so far, about halfway done with Season 1 of Oregairu and about I'd say 1/5 done with Cowboy Bebop. Looking forward to watching more of them! :yeahboi:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
The great thing about going to school in Memphis is that it's north enough to occasionally snow but Southern enough that people still panic when there's a quarter inch of snow outside and close ALL the schools.

I've spent most of snow day getting ahead in my classes, but I'll be ready to play Overwatch in about 30 minutes. Get ready, gorls.

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So question gorls.

Which JoJo theme would you say you like the most out of all them? (Both Opening and Ending themes).

Openings:
"JoJo, That Blood's Destiny" by Hiroaki "Tommy" Tominaga (Opening 1)
"Bloody Stream" by Coda (Opening 2)
"Stand Proud" by Jin Hashimoto (Opening 3)
"JoJo, That Blood's Memories ~End of the World~" by JO☆STARS (Opening 4)
"Crazy Noisy Bizarre" by DU (Opening 5)
"Chase" by Batta (Opening 6)
"Great Days" by Daisuke Katagawa & Karen Aoki (Opening 7)

Endings:
"Roundabout" by YES (Ending 1 & 2)
"Walk like an Egyptian" by The Bangles (Ending 3)
"Last Train Home" by Pat Metheny Group (Ending 4)
"Evil Concerto" by Makoto Yasumura & Mokoto Kumai (Ending 5)
"I Want You" by Savage Garden (Ending 6)
"Great Days Units Ver." by JO☆UNITED (Ending 7)

For me, I have to say Stand Proud and Roundabout are my favourite so far. Though I probably like Roundabout a lot because of the TO BE CONTINUED memes. :V

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Chopin is hands down the best classical music pianist imo. (Well, y'know, romantic period technically, but I always umbrella all of those periods under the term "classical music.")

His music is really fun because you can easily identify more of his songs when they come on than any other other artists' music.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've always been a huge Beethoven fan

The adagio sostenuto movement of the Moonlight Sonata and the adagio cantabile movement of the Pathétique sonata are some of my all-time favorite piano pieces

I also really admire Mozart and his compositions

I agree that Chopin is really amazing, too

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Chopin is hands down the best classical music pianist imo. (Well, y'know, romantic period technically, but I always umbrella all of those periods under the term "classical music.")

His music is really fun because you can easily identify more of his songs when they come on than any other other artists' music.
I've always been a huge Beethoven fan

The adagio sostenuto movement of the Moonlight Sonata and the adagio cantabile movement of the Pathétique sonata are some of my all-time favorite piano pieces

I also really admire Mozart and his compositions

I agree that Chopin is really amazing, too
S-tier: Liszt, Rachmoninoff
A-tier: Chopin, Debussy, Beethoven
B-tier: Brahms, Mozart, Mendelssohn, etc.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Classical music? Anyone remember watching these episodes of Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry?
Rhapsody Rabbit (1946).

The Cat Concerto (1947).

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
y'all talking about Chopin and Mozart, I'm listening to a remix of Bad and Bouchee >_<

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Y2Kay Y2Kay and Cress! Cress! and I guess MSD whoever that gorl may be, sorry for the AFK thing. A friend called me and I was like "o crap i forgot i was gonna do stuff at 10pm aaaaaaaaa" so I AFK'd for the call and then signed off entirely after it.

Also! Ffamran Ffamran here's a manly grappler guy doing manly things because why not? It shows that I have more than just sassy gorls in my character roster.

For the record, the only reason everything explodes into cutesy startbits is because of a mod I am super adorable and things I kill explode into shiny cute things too. Things are normally supposed to explode into bloody chunks because lolololol of course they would.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to see what I'll have to do next week, since I'm waiting for my meeting with my TA on Tuesday. Mainly because I'm not so sure on whether I've done my Design Brief correctly or not. Plus I need to consult him about my time with the support I'm getting as well.

It's kind of funny that the show I'm watching on Crunchyroll has famous classical musicians in a sort of magical-esque way. Though it's average at best. :V

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
y'all talking about Chopin and Mozart, I'm listening to a remix of Bad and Bouchee >_<

That's okay Chainz. I'm sure in a hundred years everyone will be all "Mozart who?" and'll be discussing the relative merits between Bad and Boujee and So Fresh, So Clean.

Just assume you're ahead of the curve and listen with your pinkie finger extended like everyone else and you're golden.

Last edited:

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
Y'all need some Hunger games or something along those lines to bring life back to the social thread, though.

If the topic's classical piano, though, 20th century is where it's at. A lot of the Debussy and Shostakovich and such requires and open mind and good ear to enjoy, but I find it a lot more interesting to listen to.

Top Bottom