• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Oh yeah I still need to do my social run of Default, never even started Ch 2.
Ctrl+Z
That summed up the Geist and Revenant second battle.
Tiz and Geist endlessly spammed to undo the other's undo undoing their undo undoing the other's undo undoing their undo undoing the other's undo undoing their undo undoing the other's undo undoing their undo undoing the other's undo undoing their undo undoing the other's undo undoing their undo undoing the other's undo undoing their undo undoing the other's undo undoing their undo undoing the other's undo undoing their undo undoing the other's undo undoing their undo undoing the other's undo undo
Did we ever friend each other? We should so we could Abililink and all that jazz.
Ah yeah we should do that :D
Though the attack I send isn't that great
I should try and make a stronger one

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I lied. I guess I technically played DFO up until October 2015 and also made a really bad video just so I could use one of my favorite songs for something.

Just started updating. Took me, like, 35 minutes to get it all. I guess my favorite thing is the fact we can mod skills to look different (you can make town maps look different too) and there's so many different playstyles that it's impossible to NOT find something you like. It's actually a fun game with a MOSTLY balanced PvP and a PvE that actually requires team work. Not really pay2win, since you can buy things from players or get stuff from constant events (it's hosted by the developers themselves, so we get everything as soon as it is translated). Outfits are pretty easy to mix and match too, which is why DFO is also called Dressup Fighter Online. Also~ You can actually trade cosmetic items so if you get bored of an outfit or want to buy an outfit with in game money, you can. There are invisible overlays that you can put stat boosters on too, but the stats they boost only help out in the beginning and don't do much later on.

Here's my highest level sassy loli Elementalist gorl (complete with Rainbow skills mod because why not). Oh. And. Like. Literally 20 other mid-leveled characters please help me I can't pick a main I am bad at life aaaaaaaaaa.
Bonnibelle.png

I think I want to try out the Wind Mage because I hear he blows away the competition.
:secretkpop:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
No more op characters and Ice Climbers and Ice Climbers are op

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So what patch change would you be hoping for for Smash Switch?
I thought we were supposed to get a patch, but I googled it and nothing came up. Not even a 1.1.7 patch speculation. Though I think it's obvious Smash Bros Switch will probably receive balance changes. TBH Sm4sh is probably the best iteration of Smash in terms of mechanics and balance (LOL), and the things that are glitches do not break the game or create artificial skill ceilings (that also lower fun levels and increase carpal tunnel complications and destroy GC controllers).

All they'd need to do is take the current roster and tinker with them more. IDK how their balance process is. The thing that still bothers me to this day is how Zelda and Ike (and somewhat Sheik but **** that unsassy chick with the stupid recovery) can't SideB and then UpB. Then Spacies, Jiggly, Peach, and Bayonetta can SideB and UpB for days. ZSS, Samus, and Sheik can DownB+UpB to extend recoveries.

Just stupid little things probably done to make characters "feel unique" but in the end just make them feel unresponsive and clunky. IDK what their thought process was and IDK how they even arrived at the conclusion that it would be OK to leave them that way. Unless they just upright forgot about them.

No more op characters and Ice Climbers and Ice Climbers are op
I kinda liked Ice Climbers because they were cute, but at the same time they were either garbo or OP. Totally not cool. Though with chain grabbing gone, their stupid shenanigans would be nerfed by default. They'd probably just give them the smallest grab range to make sure they can't do anything annoying that they were once famous for.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I thought we were supposed to get a patch, but I googled it and nothing came up. Not even a 1.1.7 patch speculation. Though I think it's obvious Smash Bros Switch will probably receive balance changes. TBH Sm4sh is probably the best iteration of Smash in terms of mechanics and balance (LOL), and the things that are glitches do not break the game or create artificial skill ceilings (that also lower fun levels and increase carpal tunnel complications and destroy GC controllers).

All they'd need to do is take the current roster and tinker with them more. IDK how their balance process is. The thing that still bothers me to this day is how Zelda and Ike (and somewhat Sheik but **** that unsassy chick with the stupid recovery) can't SideB and then UpB. Then Spacies, Jiggly, Peach, and Bayonetta can SideB and UpB for days. ZSS, Samus, and Sheik can DownB+UpB to extend recoveries.

Just stupid little things probably done to make characters "feel unique" but in the end just make them feel unresponsive and clunky. IDK what their thought process was and IDK how they even arrived at the conclusion that it would be OK to leave them that way. Unless they just upright forgot about them.

I kinda liked Ice Climbers because they were cute, but at the same time they were either garbo or OP. Totally not cool. Though with chain grabbing gone, their stupid shenanigans would be nerfed by default. They'd probably just give them the smallest grab range to make sure they can't do anything annoying that they were once famous for.
My bf linked me a video of a guy talking about a Smash patch that's supposed to be coming this month. It was in the notifications and everything. But no matter where I look, I see nothing about it, so until there's official confirmation I'm just gonna assume it's fake :v

As for Smash switch stuff, obviously I want them to buff the lower tiers a bit, and I'd love to see the Ice Climbers back. They were my favorite character in Brawl (not cause of competitive, I was still a kid when I played Brawl), and there was no reason for Wolf to be cut at all

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
My bf linked me a video of a guy talking about a Smash patch that's supposed to be coming this month. It was in the notifications and everything. But no matter where I look, I see nothing about it, so until there's official confirmation I'm just gonna assume it's fake :v

As for Smash switch stuff, obviously I want them to buff the lower tiers a bit, and I'd love to see the Ice Climbers back. They were my favorite character in Brawl (not cause of competitive, I was still a kid when I played Brawl), and there was no reason for Wolf to be cut at all
They probably cut Wolf because people were like "WTF are these space furries anyway?" and they were basically clones with slight differences in angles and properties. A reskin like M/F WFT, Robin, or Corrin would've been OK though, at least.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
They probably cut Wolf because people were like "WTF are these space furries anyway?" and they were basically clones with slight differences in angles and properties. A reskin like M/F WFT, Robin, or Corrin would've been OK though, at least.
Except Wolf was hardly even a clone. Falco was more of a clone than Wolf :/

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
yeah, wolf was a cool gorl and i would have liked to have ha come back for smash 4

really, the only moves wolf shared with the other space animals were his specials (which were unique in their own ways, too)

he was as much of a clone to fox/falco as lucas is to ness

i'd also like the ice climbers to come back because they're super cute and i always enjoyed playing as them

sadly, i doubt the ice climbers would come back just because the 3ds is a thing and sakurai wants to keep the smash 4 roster the same on all versions

tbh i don't even believe any of these patch/nintendo switch version rumors anyway. i'll believe when it's officially announced

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Except Wolf was hardly even a clone. Falco was more of a clone than Wolf :/
True kinda.

Maybe it was because Bord Boi came first and they didn't have room for 2 of the most chosen fursona-types in one game. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I said "I think" out of fear of being proven wrong, since I knew I was ignorant on these matters. But boy, did you prove me wrong.

Well, I actually knew the difference between holding a bow left or right handed, but I guess I just got confused because I looked at a picture that was the opposite direction. So uh, oops.
Eh, I'm ignorant on the stuff too. My only "real" knowledge on two-handed swords comes from Google, short lessons at the martial arts school I go to, and the first day of kendo class offered at uni -- I dropped it since it was not my thing. From Google and from the kendo course, I was told that you were supposed to hold two-handed swords right hand over left hand. I guess dominant over non-dominant. I also overheard a student talking to the instructor at uni about how to hold a sword because I think he was left-handed. The instructor literally said everyone would be left-handed when practicing kendo and that would go in line with the whole you want your strong arm "pulling" which I think I learned in the martial arts school. Based on observations, it's comparing how OoT / MM / WW Link and DmC Dante draw or hold two-handed swords and them being left-handed or favoring their left side in DmC Dante's case to DMC Dante, Cloud, and Squall who are all right-handed. Looking at them and figuring that it's probably how two-handed swords are held. For weapons like spears and warhammers. Same thing, but at other characters like Zhao Yun and Yukimura Sanada, but then you have cases like Ezio who is right-handed, but holds spears with his left hand at the end and right hand near the tip. Eh

Basically, it's what I think and know. For bows and guns, however, there's more concrete examples since ranged weapons are going to be more finnicky -- eyes and aiming.

Aaaay, any gorl wanna try Dungeon Fighter Online? I haven't played in, like, 2+ years. But they added more magic purple guys and also a bara spear user so it's all good.
Didn't Antonykun Antonykun advise us not to play the game for some reason? Also, they made a DFO mobile game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCn_r0cLNY. Why? I don't know, it's like the Lineage game on phones that apparently runs on Unreal Engine 4.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Eh, I'm ignorant on the stuff too. My only "real" knowledge on two-handed swords comes from Google, short lessons at the martial arts school I go to, and the first day of kendo class offered at uni -- I dropped it since it was not my thing. From Google and from the kendo course, I was told that you were supposed to hold two-handed swords right hand over left hand. I guess dominant over non-dominant. I also overheard a student talking to the instructor at uni about how to hold a sword because I think he was left-handed. The instructor literally said everyone would be left-handed when practicing kendo and that would go in line with the whole you want your strong arm "pulling" which I think I learned in the martial arts school. Based on observations, it's comparing how OoT / MM / WW Link and DmC Dante draw or hold two-handed swords and them being left-handed or favoring their left side in DmC Dante's case to DMC Dante, Cloud, and Squall who are all right-handed. Looking at them and figuring that it's probably how two-handed swords are held. For weapons like spears and warhammers. Same thing, but at other characters like Zhao Yun and Yukimura Sanada, but then you have cases like Ezio who is right-handed, but holds spears with his left hand at the end and right hand near the tip. Eh

Basically, it's what I think and know. For bows and guns, however, there's more concrete examples since ranged weapons are going to be more finnicky -- eyes and aiming.

Didn't Antonykun Antonykun advise us not to play the game for some reason? Also, they made a DFO mobile game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCn_r0cLNY. Why? I don't know, it's like the Lineage game on phones that apparently runs on Unreal Engine 4.
the only game i would advise to never play is smash 4 because Zelda Jojo poses and is somehow bad despite of this Invokers tournament cuz that game is litteral trash

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
God I hate how indecisive I can be. I just spent an hour debating on what jobs to make my characters and I've only just gotten to Ancheim. By the end of this playthrough I'll probably be dead from too much overthinking
For now I've settled on Knight Agnès, Pirate Tiz, Black Mage Edea, and White Mage Ringabel

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's ok, Etrian Odyssey 4 has been out for four and a half years now and I still haven't figured out what party I want to start it with.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Recorded my first dungeon to see how crap I'd be since I forgot everything. BUT I noticed her sass walk is like a combination Bayonetta's sass stride and Zelda's sassy shoulder sway. That's the only thing needed for me to pick a character.
:secretkpop:

I think my problem with this game is that there's so many choices to play so picking just one is hard. I wish they had a traditional heal support but they don't (they have debuff/disable/hold/group support since it's an active game).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
It's ok, Etrian Odyssey 4 has been out for four and a half years now and I still haven't figured out what party I want to start it with.
yo gorl, i ended up getting that game for this Christmas. How about one day we do a playthrough around the same time?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About done with my final choice on my piece that I'll be going with for my assignment. Just need to get confirmation from my sister on what design she would like; since I did ask her for help on my assignment. Hopefully things will go well. :yeahboi:

I saw the whole tournament. That DK player Vex. Oh boy, he swept the whole competition. Kudos to him!

i found a gorl
Crap I've been found!

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ana's head is harder to shoot than Tracer's what the ****
It's because she's trying to be The Hunchback of Anubis or something. Old age is a ***** I guess.

OhWaitIMean... Design wise it makes sense (sniper healer without movement skills or self-substain without wasting grenades).

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
God I hate how indecisive I can be. I just spent an hour debating on what jobs to make my characters and I've only just gotten to Ancheim. By the end of this playthrough I'll probably be dead from too much overthinking
For now I've settled on Knight Agnès, Pirate Tiz, Black Mage Edea, and White Mage Ringabel
Omg I had this struggle yesterday replaying FFIII. I kept switching Arc between Thief, Red Mage and Warrior and changing my other Mages to Red Mages and back to White/Black. Too much freedom for me ;_;

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Gave up on trying to get the image here but I saw a comment on the Mew2King vs Wizzrobe video saying "KICK WIZZROBE'S ASS JASON!!! i dont like wizzrobe if you cant tell I have bad experiences with Wizzrobes in the first Zelda" (Typos intentional)
I think disliking someone for their character or playstyle is stupid, but disliking someone for their name goes beyond stupid.
It can't even be described.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Gave up on trying to get the image here but I saw a comment on the Mew2King vs Wizzrobe video saying "KICK WIZZROBE'S *** JASON!!! i dont like wizzrobe if you cant tell I have bad experiences with Wizzrobes in the first Zelda" (Typos intentional)
I think disliking someone for their character or playstyle is stupid, but disliking someone for their name goes beyond stupid.
It can't even be described.
I can take a crack at describing it...

is it a joke?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i guess it's time for me to give up this whole "gay high school kid" pretense i've kept up since i joined the social

all of you deserve to know that i'm actually a conventionally-attractive white woman in her late teens to early twenties

i apologize to lying to all of you for so long

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
i guess it's time for me to give up this whole "gay high school kid" pretense i've kept up since i joined the social

all of you deserve to know that i'm actually a conventionally-attractive white woman in her late teens to early twenties

Wanna get married

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

SHOCKING TRUTH!

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

I don't even get the joke.
Whenever things like this happen it reminds me how new I am relative to the rest
evan isn't black though
How is that rela-
You'd probably be the first person to die in a horror movie.
oh.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Whenever things like this happen it reminds me how new I am relative to the rest
Our gorl Spritzee finally revealed ha idenTiTy and we all realised that he wasn't a gay highschooler after the 2ish years we've known ha ;000

Spritzee actually is a gay high school kid and not a conventionally-attractive white woman in her late teens to early twenties

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Spritz said he had "transcended beyond the mortal plane and became a being comprised solely of complaints, awful opinions, and the tears of [his] vicTims"

I posted a gif of such a creature wearing an obvious meat puppet and accidentally uncovered one of McKnightlight's fetishes.

Which is why he'd be the first to die in a horror movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom