• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Can't. Currently compiling a video of a jab lock I found with Zelda that isn't a sourspot DAir. Just going to be editing it together in YouTube's Editor which will showcase which characters it will work against.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Happy New Years Zelda social!

The year number may have changed, but not everything has to change,
Or will ever change, like Zelda's tier position secretkpop
Let's make this year here lively like the last!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
bjn gorl,

you have to change the text color and THEN do the strikethrough. otherwise, it'll do what it did in your post and make the strike-through your default text color instead of the grey you want it to be

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My only New Years resolution is to finally learn to perfect pivot consistently.

Now watch as I don't do it becuase I'm lazy and just wanna play the game.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
bjn gorl,

you have to change the text color and THEN do the strikethrough. otherwise, it'll do what it did in your post and make the strike-through your default text color instead of the grey you want it to be
Are you sure that isn't what I wanted?

actually I didn't want that to happen, but what does it matter when yew are supposed to see the shade anyways?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Happy New Years goooorls
Just wanted to say my thoughts on Bravely Second so far
So last night I made it to the first(?) time jump, and I gotta say that I'm in love with this game. Basically everything from Default has been improved, and the experience so far has been really great. There were a lot of twists that I didn't expect. The music is absolutely amazing, definitely an improvement. Anne's battle theme and arena got me so giddy lmao. And that scene where Yew uses Bravely Second to bring his friends back and they all pose in front of the Kaiser and the music carries over to the chapter intro afdhdlflfl. I'm a sucker for dramatics sometimes lmao.
Anyways, I'm excited to keep playing :D

Last edited:

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I don't know why I failed to mention this before, but I have PS4 Overwatch (I don't have a PC) and if anyone wants to play with me, my PSN is ZeldaMain (I didn't want to put anything too cringy). I play mostly Zenyatta, but also Symmetra, Mercy, Mei, Dva, and Roadhog if needed.
Also, Happy New Years gorls!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So started on Pokemon Sun Korean ver.

Saying all the text in my broken Korean is great lolol. Named myself 'Sun' as the boy character, but realized I spelt Sun wrong in Korean 5 seconds later oops. But it's cool to see the similarities with the Eng. version.
Behold "Get in the bag"
1483303399757-278007146.jpg

Litten's Korean name is literally Nya-o fire directly translated, which I find super cute ; w ;
14833026286162130793273.jpg

Also from what I can tell, Cosmog is called Star Cloud as it's nickname. It still says "Pew". And Popplio literally has 'ball' as a part of its name. Tapu Koko is Kapu Kokokkok (That looks so weird, but idk how else to explain it). Lillie is the same but with an 'eh' at the end. All the other names so far are the same. Anyway, promised myself that'd I'd choose Popplio so keeping my word. Naming it Azura and making sure it's a gorl. Lol my ID is only 2 numbers
1483304994885-1832672593.jpg

If anyone is curious about anything, I can try to do it here I guess idk

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Genji is pretty fun, and suprisingly plays kinda like geninja(as much as an fps character can at least). Genji is a tough gig though, so I play Sombra and Zenyatta too
Meant to reply to this earlier, but I forgot

Genji is fun, but I'm awful with him (and in general tbh), so I usually end up dying a ton and not doing much. He was pretty ridiculous before the nerfs because he had a super easy ~170 damage combo grâce à animation cancels, and his ult lasted like 20 years. It's too bad you weren't around for the Summer Games because Nihon is his best skin ATM. Sparrow is an acceptable substitute, though.

Sombra is one of the coolest character personality-wise and lore-wise imo, but she's so bad. Basically everything she does, another character does better. The unique things she has (ult, hacking) aren't even good enough to set her apart. Like, hacking an enemy takes too long and is too easy to interrupt, hacking healthpacks doesn't really matter when the enemy has competent healers and her ult is extremely reliant on team coordination (which isn't a bad thing, but the ult itself doesn't have enough of an impact to help her case). She's supposed to be the answer to Reinhardt and hiding behind shields, but she's not really that good at countering that. I also like playing her a lot, but she needs buffs to be relevant. Virus and peppermint are her best skins btw.

Zenyatta is cool. He's not "meta" anymore after Discord Orb was nerfed and Ana got buffed, but he's still useable. His personal HPS is kinda trash, but it's good in combination with another healer. His DPS and ult are his main attraction tbh. Nutcracker is amazing, but ascendant, Ra, and harmonious are also cool.

Have you tried out Ana? She's completely reliant on your ability to aim (more so than most other characters), but she's really rewarding to get good with. I think she's the most fun character in the game, but healer is my favorite role, so I get if that's not your thing. Turquoise is her best skin imo.

I didn't intend for this to become a huge wall of text, but whatever. I hope you're enjoying the game so far because it's one of my favorites.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I have no idea how to translate "rising rooster fist" into romaji to parody Shoryuken. Google Translate says "rooster" is "ondori". I guess Shondoriken? Whatever. Year of the Rooster, people. Baw-kah! Denjin Hadouken! *cue a ton of people being angry about Ryu's damage output in Smash 4 and Street Fighter V*

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
FullMoon FullMoon I played with your half-brother or something, they're a pretty good Mercy
View attachment 124404
Speaking of good Mercys! I am not one of them but I can pretend

I have no idea how to translate "rising rooster fist" into romaji to parody Shoryuken. Google Translate says "rooster" is "ondori". I guess Shondoriken? Whatever. Year of the Rooster, people. Baw-kah! Denjin Hadouken! *cue a ton of people being angry about Ryu's damage output in Smash 4 and Street Fighter V*
I think it translates to BS. Weird, I know, but the romaji is BS! I swear!

Tho Ryu's damage output isn't really OP or anything in Sm4sh. It's the fact True Shoryuken is absurd. It be chained from a few poking options or be used as a quick punishment option AND it fast start up AND has 6 frames of intangibility AND barely any landing lag. But hey. That's fine. It's not like Ryu has anything else going for him, amirite?

:secretkpop:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ryu? That avatar looks a lot more like Ryuster to me.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You could also use the word "Tori" (though it's more literally "bird").
It would be Shoutoriken, or, to make the pun better, Shoutori-u-ken.
:196:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think it translates to BS. Weird, I know, but the romaji is BS! I swear!

Tho Ryu's damage output isn't really OP or anything in Sm4sh. It's the fact True Shoryuken is absurd. It be chained from a few poking options or be used as a quick punishment option AND it fast start up AND has 6 frames of intangibility AND barely any landing lag. But hey. That's fine. It's not like Ryu has anything else going for him, amirite?

(Input) Shoryuken is a BS move when you think about it. :p

I find it funny how 2 shoto appearing as guests in recent fighting games were at some point actually or considered broken, overpowered, etc. Akuma was busted in earlier versions of Tekken 7 -- for a game where you can do massive damage in one combo, Akuma did even more apparently -- and Ryu was and is still considered busted in Smash 4. Imagine what would have happened if Ken was a guest. Blazblue: Central Ken, Dead or Ken 5: Last Ken, Guilty Ken Xrd: Revelations of Ken Players' Guilt, In-this-game-Ken-dishes-out-Justice 2, Ken Calibur VI: At Least It's Better than Pachislot, Ken Instinct, Ken: Mark of the Shoryuken 3 ft. Terry Bogard from the Fatal Fury series, Ken of Fighters XIV, Marvel vs. Ken: Infinite Shoryureppa, Mortal Ken X, Pokken ft. Ken as the Official Trainer of Blazi-Ken, Super Smash Ken 4 (with the cameo appearance of Ryu), Tek-Ken 7, Virtua Ken- ohh... and last, but not least: Ken Fighter V: Season Ken.

Related to Ken: apparently there was a leak aka speculah of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite's roster and it had both Dante and Sengoku Basara's Masamune Date listed. Both of them are voiced by Reuben Langon who also voices Ken. It would be interesting to have 2 characters sound exactly the same, but saying different moves. I'm not kidding; Dante, Ken, and Masamune's voices are indistinguishable since Reuben just uses his normal voice and the director probably didn't tell him to do anything special. That being said, in the anime of Sengoku Basara, Robert McCollum voiced Masamune for its 3? series -- Reuben only voiced Masamune in SB: Samurai Heroes --, so unless Capcom can't hire Robert for whatever reason, then it might be unlikely for 2 characters to share a voice and voice actor.

Funny thing is that Masamune Date was considered for MvC3 -- or was it TvC? --, but dropped since the developers of Sengoku Basara thought MvC was too western or something. Read about it recently, but I don't remember the source, so there's goes any credibility. Anyway, if he actually is in MvC:I, then that would be cool since he's a badass and that he went from being considered to being in the game.

Also if you go with the whole the actor is the character or the character is the actor thing, then Dante, Ken, and Masamune Date having the same voice, similar personalities, fighting styles, techniques, and even looks works. You could even extend this to Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield; Leon's hair and face resembles Dante while Chris's motion capture actor was Reuben Langdon. I don't know if there's a term for this, but it's a thing that happens in film and comics. One example that comes to mind since the instructor mentioned it was Osamu Tezuka's characters appearing in his manga, but sometimes as themselves or as different characters. In a way, they're like actors who act in a different way for plot reasons or whatever. In terms of films, maybe Akira Kurosawa's films? I'm probably remembering wrong and I don't know much about his films, but Alfred Hitchcock might be another example.

Ryu? That avatar looks a lot more like Ryuster to me.
At least it's not a Chic-Ken. :p

You could also use the word "Tori" (though it's more literally "bird").
It would be Shoutoriken, or, to make the pun better, Shoutori-u-ken.
:196:
Huh, I wonder what the "Ko" in "Kotori" means now. I wanted to use "rooster" because of the avatar and because it's the year of the rooster, so Rising Rooster Fist. Rising Bird Fist could work too. Oh well.

That reminds me, I kind of wanted to learn Japanese. Why? Don't know other than I probably should major in something for college. Life of a clueless junior who upon finding out there was a games department and courses on game design also found out that the department was going through some reorganizing as 2 of the instructors were leaving this year. Meh.

Edit: Oh, and one of Tekken 7's tracks is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPEbIk51lDI. It appears on a volcano stage, but it sounds so hopelessly serene like something you'd hear on an ice level. Someone in the comments said that it was a remix of Morning Field which is apparently Jun Kazama's theme.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Meant to reply to this earlier, but I forgot

Genji is fun, but I'm awful with him (and in general tbh), so I usually end up dying a ton and not doing much. He was pretty ridiculous before the nerfs because he had a super easy ~170 damage combo grâce à animation cancels, and his ult lasted like 20 years. It's too bad you weren't around for the Summer Games because Nihon is his best skin ATM. Sparrow is an acceptable substitute, though.

Sombra is one of the coolest character personality-wise and lore-wise imo, but she's so bad. Basically everything she does, another character does better. The unique things she has (ult, hacking) aren't even good enough to set her apart. Like, hacking an enemy takes too long and is too easy to interrupt, hacking healthpacks doesn't really matter when the enemy has competent healers and her ult is extremely reliant on team coordination (which isn't a bad thing, but the ult itself doesn't have enough of an impact to help her case). She's supposed to be the answer to Reinhardt and hiding behind shields, but she's not really that good at countering that. I also like playing her a lot, but she needs buffs to be relevant. Virus and peppermint are her best skins btw.

Zenyatta is cool. He's not "meta" anymore after Discord Orb was nerfed and Ana got buffed, but he's still useable. His personal HPS is kinda trash, but it's good in combination with another healer. His DPS and ult are his main attraction tbh. Nutcracker is amazing, but ascendant, Ra, and harmonious are also cool.

Have you tried out Ana? She's completely reliant on your ability to aim (more so than most other characters), but she's really rewarding to get good with. I think she's the most fun character in the game, but healer is my favorite role, so I get if that's not your thing. Turquoise is her best skin imo.

I didn't intend for this to become a huge wall of text, but whatever. I hope you're enjoying the game so far because it's one of my favorites.
I was originally struggling hard with Genji but I've been doing better. I got my first POTG today with him, with a 28 player kill streak. I had 21 player kill streak afterward, but it was mostly becuz I took advantage of their disorganization though; I haven't quite hit competitive.

Yeah I've been distancing myself from Sombra. She's really squishy and her offensive prescience is way too passive to be worth it. Hacking isn't that great, I agree.

Zen is pretty cool to play, but my team often depends on me for their main source of healing, which Zen isn't good at. I can juggle around the harmony orb pretty well, but not well enough to solo heal.

I dabbled around with Ana in Skirmishes, and I'm working on her. ;)

About 12 of the 72 hours I've had I've spent grinding quick play, so yeah, you could say I'm enjoying myself!

:150:

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I had enough stamina to do top 50 at least.
So yeah I really like Minior. At one point it ended up as "choose which of these 4 colors of Minior you like the most." Pretty accurate, but I'd put Mega Heracross right under regular Hera, swap Mega Gardevoir for regular Gardevoir (no idea where it ended up), and put rainy Castform next to Snowy.

Also they have pictures for every form change EXCEPT EAST SEA SHELLOS AND GASTRODON I NEED TO SLAP SOMEONE. (If you highlight over Gastrodon and Shellos they even say "East _____" but use the West forms. I don't need that pink and brown messT.)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Playing some more P&DZ on the side whilst thinking of which University piece to work on. Either more of my User work or onto Assessment Activities 3.1 - 3.4. But either way, hopefully I'll be able to get it all done before the Holidays are over. Since I got about a Month left to get everything done. Fingers crossed.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Btw, how much progress have you made so far in Puzzles & Dragon Z Antonykun Antonykun ? I'm still on Special World 4 in the Mario Edition and currently doing the post game third world in the original.

It's still annoying that Europe got the shaft when it came to the Codes for P&DZ. But at least the Mario Edition got everything worldwide. :V

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Great find Koiba Koiba ! Loved going through it as stressful as it was.

Here's my top 20 so far: https://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite-list?favorites=658,151,657,448,254,395,006-mega-x,497,724,492-sky,492,253,006,495,503,730,245,493-grass,009,306

Lots of Water and Grass...

EDIT: Got top 50 now, realizing that this is mostly just starters and legendaries lol.

EDIT2: And top 100! Things got a bit messy once they started bringing up Pokemon I hadn't picked before. Popplio would have been here over Rowlet if it showed up. Also missed Zygarde 10%, which should have been above Zygarde 50%.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp gorls. I finally got Discord (Well, I got it on my Browser).

If any of you gorls wanna add it. Please PM me.

Also, currently doing the final dungeon again to see if I can get any of the Dragon Stones too. Completely forgot that the final stage of the main game had Dragon Stones. I thought you couldn't even get them at all. :V

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pfft, I don't need some website to tell me that my favorite pokemon is actually Absol good ol' Zard.

Don't tell anyone but I actually picked Bulbasaur as my starter,

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Pfft, I don't need some website to tell me that my favorite pokemon is actually Absol good ol' Zard.

Don't tell anyone but I actually picked Bulbasaur as my starter,
What's funny is I checked the Pokemon of The Week section on Serebii and they were talking about Ash-Greninja.

This was one of its Negatives and Counters:

- It can't beat Mega Charizard X... in the anime

Countering Ash-Greninja:

Wanna beat Ash-Greninja? Just use Mega Charizard X.

*cough*

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Btw, how much progress have you made so far in Puzzles & Dragon Z Antonykun Antonykun ? I'm still on Special World 4 in the Mario Edition and currently doing the third post game world in the original.

It's still annoying that Europe got the shaft when it came to the Codes for P&DZ. But at least the Mario Edition got everything worldwide. :V
You know it has been an injoke with my friends about how hard I John about puzzle and mario like sweet Jesus after world 4 boo brothers felt like a must-have and the enemies have scaled appropriately to not get 1-shotted half the time but be able to delete me faster than ZSS deletes ROB.

Also im too sick to do anything otjer than video games, perfect for getting oni genji

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
You know it has been an injoke with my friends about how hard I John about puzzle and mario like sweet Jesus after world 4 boo brothers felt like a must-have and the enemies have scaled appropriately to not get 1-shotted half the time but be able to delete me faster than ZSS deletes ROB.

Also im too sick to do anything otjer than video games, perfect for getting oni genji
Get well soon! And I do agree, the difficulty really spikes up when you're playing the SMB Edition of P&DZ. Heck, I'm still at Special World 4 and at one course with a bunch of Wood Monsters in my team, and I still get destroyed by the Cheep Cheeps and Bloopers. smh

Whereas the original I feel is much easier. While it is (In my opinion) somewhat more difficult to get certain items you need to evolve your monsters in the original compared to the Mario Edition.

Top Bottom