• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Don't forget the Monado

Alsooo who's ready for more sparkles

Yes I totally traded a Love Ball from my Sun copy just for her
Neutral nature! She's so cute. Named her Pookie cause of this cute comic
And she has a Hidden Ability too!
Forgot to count how many it took but I estimate it was around 110-115 SOS Calls
Now I can enjoy the game until I beat Mallows trial, then I gotta get both Morelull and Comfey :D
Glad you have good taste in nicknames, sis. Dat dude is me as a Team Skull member f'real tho.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Anyone else still keeping a New Year's resolution going?
My resolution for this year was to get an actual secondary that I could play decently well.

Then I quit Smash.

That's how you quit a resolution right

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
My resolution for this year was to get an actual secondary that I could play decently well.

Then I quit Smash.

That's how you quit a resolution right
Your secondary is Overwatch. Das how it works, rite?

Just get a walking main. That's all Zelda's good for, and she can't even beat Bayo there. :secretkpop:
Bayo loses the moment she awkwardly turns around. Zelda is SSS Tier in walking, which is why it's only fair to have her be not-SSS for everything else.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
But then that would mean I succeeded at doing my NY resolution. And everyone knows you aren't supposed to ACTUALLY do it!
Make your New Year's Resolution to get rekt by Ana, so it doesn't happen. ;)
rood gorl.jpg

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
did yew think that EODM07 EODM07 was the only gorl with Puzzles and Marios? ha. I just got a copy for Christmas. I'm on the 6th world rn and like the game has the weirdest difficulty curve.

it's tutorial easy for the first few levels in world 1, boom boom in world 1 tower will usually take a life and then the game spikes in difficulty around the time you meet Larry.

The game doesn't stop being so difficult until world 4 (past Lemmy and Morton) tower where you get the boo brothers which snap the game's difficulty in two. Mooks that used to face-tank anything that isn't a Bayonetta style combo go down in simple 3-4 hit combos and Wendy went down without taking a single life, which was something every koopaling was able to do to me up to this point.

I heard that there are special worlds that are much harder than normal stages so maybe those will break my usual strategy of pick boo brothers and my strongest dudes.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

did yew think that EODM07 EODM07 was the only gorl with Puzzles and Marios? ha. I just got a copy for Christmas. I'm on the 6th world rn and like the game has the weirdest difficulty curve.

it's tutorial easy for the first few levels in world 1, boom boom in world 1 tower will usually take a life and then the game spikes in difficulty around the time you meet Larry.

The game doesn't stop being so difficult until world 4 (past Lemmy and Morton) tower where you get the boo brothers which snap the game's difficulty in two. Mooks that used to face-tank anything that isn't a Bayonetta style combo go down in simple 3-4 hit combos and Wendy went down without taking a single life, which was something every koopaling was able to do to me up to this point.

I heard that there are special worlds that are much harder than normal stages so maybe those will break my usual strategy of pick boo brothers and my strongest dudes.
Oh trust me, when you get to the later worlds and then the Special Worlds. That's when you'll be praying for RNG, I managed to beat Special World 3 all because of RNG, but I managed to recruit Morton, onto S-World 4 to try and get Wendy and maybe some more Magikoopas! It is way more difficult then the normal Puzzles & Dragons Z, since while I am struggling in the Extra Worlds in P&DZ, I am still enjoying myself. Even though Nintendo and GungHo did a really AWFUL job with the DLC and Codes for the EU version of P&DZ smh

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Sun/Moon post here. So I got 2 hours past the whole "Poni Trial" nonsense and then what followed that, and forgot to save. So I got to see the events a second time. I noticed something...
Lusamine's fake act aside when you first meet her, she's actually very blunt and doesn't ignore a question. It's like she'll take a chance to stab at anyone she deems unworthy of her love (Lillie, Gladion, you, etc). Almost as if that makes it's a round-about way of saying she only loves Ultra Beasts. Which of course she also directly says a lot. So ye. We get it gorl. You liek dem Ultraz.

Kinda makes me wonder if she only wants the Ultra Beasts because her hubby found them and then left her. Or maybe she was obsessed from the get-go and wanted them because they'd be totally unique "Pokemon" from another world that only she could love and be loved by.

Anyway, when she finally gets to the Ultra Zone with Guzma, she manages to snag an Ultra Beast. Guzma gets REALLY messed with to the point of being mentally shaken. The Ultra Zone itself is hardly habitable by humans (they mention it being very hard to breathe there and it seemed rather barren). Lusamine would've been fine thanks to her weird Ultra Lusa nonsense. But Guzma probably would've died from the environment or Ultra Beasts.

When asked "What about Mr. Guzma?" She paused briefly. If she didn't deem him worthy of her love/attention she would've burned the hell out of him with USELESS THIS and UGLY THAT and OHOHOHOHO JUST MY PAWN. Instead she stopped her wicked-fast responses so she could pause briefly and think about that question. But of course she's cray-cray so she falls back on her obsession. Almost as if she were saying "Well that'd suck, but I got my baby here soooooo I'll trade 1 for 1." Even in her cray-cray obsessed state she paused to think about someone. She didn't even give Gladion or Lillie a quick one-way trip on her train of thought.

I guess they're legit OTP and she wasn't just using him.

But that also means Guzma can't be a waifu, just like Kuikui can't be a waifu. GameFreak why???

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Welp Puddin and I played OW with the possibly worst Zenyatta player ever.
He was on a 12 loss streak and kept blaming his team for everything even though he was garbo himself.
So yeah Zen. I was Zarya most of the time. I never was healed by him much, if at all (even though I'm a tank and you should focus on healing tanks!!!!!!!!!) and discord was scarcely on enemies. He usually used his ultimate after 1 or 2 people already died.
The worst was how on Eichen defense. We were defending the first point. He kept yelling at me to use my ult even though I was the only one on the point and there wasn't even anything or anyone to combo with. Even at max charge, Zarya can't solo wipe gorl.
Anyways just a few reminders to all of you. This isn't even Overwatch specific.
  1. If you have lost 12 games in a row, YOU NEED TO TAKE A BREAK. Really you should stop after 4 or 5 losses but if you somehow let it get up to 12, just stop.
  2. If it is a team game and you've lost that many games, you can't blame your team at that point. It's your fault. Accept it.
  3. He was also masochistic and kept telling us we were going to lose no matter what. Don't do that. Don't ruin it for others. Don't.
Okay that's it happy New Year's Eve don't be salty and don't make people hate you bye.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Gonna be posting some of the stuff I've done for University today. And I'll be taking today off, since it's my Dad's birthday as well as the end of the Year too. :yeahboi:

I was also thinking of how quiet many of the socials have been, but then I remembered that a bunch of us had gone to spend the Holidays and maybe New Year with family.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Sun/Moon post here. So I got 2 hours past the whole "Poni Trial" nonsense and then what followed that, and forgot to save. So I got to see the events a second time. I noticed something...
Lusamine's fake act aside when you first meet her, she's actually very blunt and doesn't ignore a question. It's like she'll take a chance to stab at anyone she deems unworthy of her love (Lillie, Gladion, you, etc). Almost as if that makes it's a round-about way of saying she only loves Ultra Beasts. Which of course she also directly says a lot. So ye. We get it gorl. You liek dem Ultraz.

Kinda makes me wonder if she only wants the Ultra Beasts because her hubby found them and then left her. Or maybe she was obsessed from the get-go and wanted them because they'd be totally unique "Pokemon" from another world that only she could love and be loved by.

Anyway, when she finally gets to the Ultra Zone with Guzma, she manages to snag an Ultra Beast. Guzma gets REALLY messed with to the point of being mentally shaken. The Ultra Zone itself is hardly habitable by humans (they mention it being very hard to breathe there and it seemed rather barren). Lusamine would've been fine thanks to her weird Ultra Lusa nonsense. But Guzma probably would've died from the environment or Ultra Beasts.

When asked "What about Mr. Guzma?" She paused briefly. If she didn't deem him worthy of her love/attention she would've burned the hell out of him with USELESS THIS and UGLY THAT and OHOHOHOHO JUST MY PAWN. Instead she stopped her wicked-fast responses so she could pause briefly and think about that question. But of course she's cray-cray so she falls back on her obsession. Almost as if she were saying "Well that'd suck, but I got my baby here soooooo I'll trade 1 for 1." Even in her cray-cray obsessed state she paused to think about someone. She didn't even give Gladion or Lillie a quick one-way trip on her train of thought.

I guess they're legit OTP and she wasn't just using him.

But that also means Guzma can't be a waifu, just like Kuikui can't be a waifu. GameFreak why???
for the record she's obsessed because of nihilego's poison nice catch however maybe it's because guzma was 100% loyal to her as opposed to her children who "betrayed" her so that little part of her that is still a caring mother may have popped up

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I will admit.

I love Mother Beast Lusamine's design. It's both creepy but also very cool looking too.

Also, I guess the reasoning why she sees Guzma as that is probably due to the crap he had to go through when he was younger. Got into a fight with his family, with those golf clubs showing the kind of relationship he had including those dusty trophies too.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
It's the end of the year and neither Pokemon Sun nor Moon are in my possession? Why even live? ;_;

Oh well, at least I finally have Pokken. Only got to play it for around 45 minutes so far, which was just me doing tutorials. Gotta grind that Sceptile before school starts again. (5 A's and one B this semester btw :))

Also for you iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad-owning gorls, Bastion and all the Final Fantasies are on sale on the App store for probably another 6 days I'd guess. Get them if you have moneys on your account!

Music-wise, The Day is My Enemy by the Prodigy and Drones by Muse are on sale on iTunes.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
It seems so surreal it's less than 24 hours to the new year no matter where you live at this point. 2016 was a great year personally, albeit not so much for the rest of the world.
I'll most likely know 2016 for discovering the Zelda social (and Smashboards, actually).
What was most memorable for you all in 2016?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
For me, it's probably either that Corrin and Bayonetta got added into Smash. Ace Attorney 6 being released or me getting two Waluigi Amiibos for Christmas. :V

Anime wise, it'll be either ReLIFE, Sound! Euphonium 2 or New Game for being the most memorable to me when I look back at 2016 for anime.

Edit:

HAPPY NEW YEAR GORLS!
HERE'S TO 2017! LET US SHOW THE WORLD HOW SASSY ZELDA IS!

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Hey gorls. Had to go to the state of the city meeting today. The mayor is starting a Talented 10th program, and I got picked for it. He actually called my out by name, so I had to stand on the stage next to him on local television while he talks about my accomplishments and stuff. I was sooo embarassed! >__<

I'm super pooped, so I'm gonna get a power nap. A couple hours from now, I'll be ready to play some more OW with you gorls.

:150:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
it still makes me cri that i'm a console pleb and can't play overwatch with you pc gorls :'(

considering you're a greninja main, you probably are a filthy genji main in overwatch, right?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
What was most memorable for you all in 2016?
Having to apply for and pay for Health Insurance. For something that's legally required (resulting in a fine w/o Health Insurance), they sure make it super difficult. Instead of getting drunk...

EDIT: OH LOOK THE WEBSITE IS WORKING AAAAAAAAA

But it's so slow. Took me 15 minutes total to get things to where I needed it to be. But at least it's done. Adulting A+.

it still makes me cri that i'm a console pleb and can't play overwatch with you pc gorls :'(

considering you're a greninja main, you probably are a filthy genji main in overwatch, right?
To be fair, Genji as a Hero is filthy, but he is a little cinnamon bun otherwise.

F'real tho, his holiday voice lines are easily the most adorable. BTW I will refer to the Shimada Dragons as Noodle Dragons from now on.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Genji is pretty fun, and suprisingly plays kinda like geninja(as much as an fps character can at least). Genji is a tough gig though, so I play Sombra and Zenyatta too.

I slept a little longer than I thought I would, but I'm ready now.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hate Spheda. I hate the dungeons that Spheda is played in Dark Cloud 2. Screw you, sewer system, hallways, random forest stuff, and probably screw you other environmental bullcrap in the later dungeons of the game.

For those of you who don't know what Spheda is or never played Dark Cloud 2, Spheda is basically golf which would be fine, except you play them in the freaking dungeons where all the levels are randomly generated. You have to beat 10 of them to recruit a character. You get rewards, but holy hell, it's so goddamn infuriating to play. It reminds me of Blitzball in Final Fantasy X.

Listening to The Completionist while fishing and repeatedly finishing levels to try completing Spheda challenges reminds me that as a kid, I always wanted to play Wild Arms 3 and the series in general. Never got a chance since I don't think I ever found a copy as a kid. First time I saw it was maybe on one of the PS2 demo discs that you could get back then.

Also, I find it hilarious how the characters I want to play for KoF XIV: Alice, King, and Nelson, is basically the Women Fighter Team, but without Mai. That being said, since you're supposed to know how to play multiple characters in KoF games, I could just swap Mai back in. Then again, thought of playing Leona, Luong, Mature, Terry, and if they ever come back: Oswald and Vanessa. Blue Mary too. Fun fact: Blue Mary was based on Android 18. Maybe Tina Armstrong too from DoA. Seriously, look.

They probably wouldn't do this, but while I like Kyo and Iori, I like their XII and XIII selves which for Kyo is his '98? self. Then again, they could just bring back Kyo's dad and maybe have another Yagami fill in for "Fireball" Kyo and Claw Iori.

Welp, it's 2017... Need to change avatar... So much closer to AMD Ryzen, BotW, Nier: Automata, a bunch of other games and stuff I don't remember, and maybe Tekken 7's release. Also, wasn't there a rumor of a patch for Smash 4? Eh.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Happy New Year all!

Can you believe it's been 2 years since we raided those Lucina boards?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Hoping you'll are having a good New Year so far. Also, I've started to research something in regards to Zelda and her jab. I've posted a small bit of this information to Berserker. Berserker. via PM. But I'm going to be posting a video on Zelda's Jab and that it is capable of Jab Locking some characters. It could probably work decently in Doubles, but in Singles I don't think it'll be used. Since it requires your opponent to miss their tech and you to Perfect Pivot the Jab so the first hit only connects.

So far, it only works on :4bowser:, :4bowserjr:, :4dk:, :4dedede:, :4charizard: and :4lucario:. Though the timing on Zard and Lucario is more strict then compared to the others. Going to be doing more research on different characters that can be Jab Locked by this. (Also, :4yoshi: and :4diddy: can be hit by the first hit of Jab too. But there hitboxes will cause it to have too much knockback to even lock them).

Update: It works on :4rob: and actually works on :4yoshi: and :4diddy:, you just need to be closer to them for it to actually lock them.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Happy New Years everyone.

Having to apply for and pay for Health Insurance. For something that's legally required (resulting in a fine w/o Health Insurance), they sure make it super difficult.
Just wait for next year when they send you a "sign here renew your plan" letter, only it's for an entirely different plan. That's super fun.

Blue Mary too. Fun fact: Blue Mary was based on Android 18. Maybe Tina Armstrong too from DoA. Seriously, look.
From the moment it was announced, my criteria for getting the latest KOF were two things:
1) PC release
2) Blue Mary

Oh I forgot to say, New Years is my birthday too.

It feels like just yesterday you were a defenseless little mutant kitten, getting stuck in boxes and kidnapping nurses. And look at you now, a disco ninja frog nearly fully grown.

*sighs*

They grow up so fast.

Anyone else still keeping a New Year's resolution going?
My New Years resolution this year was to learn more programming.

It was successful in breadth (python, C#, Matlab, some vb), but I'm not really sure how much depth I went besides what I needed to do my projects. But eh, it's enough to throw on the CV.

This year's resolution will be to cook / have more homecooking and figuring out what I'm going to be doing in 2018.

Last edited:
Top Bottom