• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Have a great Christmas gorls
jc3s5.gif

Also happy 3rd birthday to the social :happysheep:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A fat old Dede-Delibird just broke into my house and used Present on my Xurkitree. Then it ate all my Lava Cookies and rode off on a sleigh pulled by flying Sawsbuck.

I swear, this happens to me every frickin' year.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Happy Christmas Gorls! How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Managed to get quite a bunch of gifts from relatives and my family. Some are pretty funny too. Got myself TWO Waluigi Amiibos, which is just perfect. :yeahboi:

Double the WAA! I also got Mario Party: Star Rush, both seasons of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and Cowboy Bebop. I even got a bunch of Sonic stuff too. Specifically a sweater/jumper, Sonic socks and a Collector's Edition mug along with an 8-bit Mario shirt as well. Even got a Beginning Japanese Workbook, I'll definitely take the time to look through it and learn. <3

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate it as well!
A fat old Dede-Delibird just broke into my house and used Present on my Xurkitree. Then it ate all my Lava Cookies and rode off on a sleigh pulled by flying Sawsbuck.

I swear, this happens to me every frickin' year.
Same
Happy Christmas Gorls! How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Managed to get quite a bunch of gifts from relatives and my family. Some are pretty funny too. Got myself TWO Waluigi Amiibos, which is just perfect. :yeahboi:

Double the WAA! I also got Mario Party: Star Rush, both seasons of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and Cowboy Bebop. I even got a bunch of Sonic stuff too. Specifically a sweater/jumper, Sonic socks and a Collector's Edition mug along with an 8-bit Mario shirt as well. Even got a Beginning Japanese Workbook, I'll definitely take the time to look through it and learn. <3
Wow, that's an awesome collection of presents you got there.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
This could have been such a beautiful costume for Karin, but nope, fanservice... Still pretty, but the fanservice ruins it for me.
Eh, there's a line between tastefulness and gaudy when it comes to fanservice. Karin's costume is definitively in the former group, imo, and at the very least I think everyone would agree it's the furthest in that category compared to the other Capcom Christmas costumes.

Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate it as well!
Quick reminder if you celebrate Christmas, please help out with the Christmas dinner and clean up. Whichever person is in charge of cooking all of it will be grateful, even if they do force you out of their kitchen with a frying pan.

And if you're Jewish, please enjoy your Chinese food, as is tradition.

My gift was sleeping with three dogs on top of me. They seemed quite pleased with themselves.

I think my parents may have gotten me a new bathrobe, which would be nice; I've been using my mom's old college robe since I was 12 or so.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
TFW you've asked for a Wii U for Christmas for the past 3 years to no avail, but your brother gets a PS4.

Just kiddin'. These Beats by Dre (TM) are pretty nice too.

:150:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I didn't get a lot this Christmas, but my older sister did find the kung-fu furry and the edgy angle amiibos.

:4darkpit: is named Gladion.
:4lucario:'s name is still pending, but I'm leaning towards Skywalker. As in, Lucario Skywalker.

My younger sister also got me a rapid ramen noodle cooker, which is...nice?

My parents just stuffed some giant stockings this year, with no wrapped presents, but I'm cool with that because they're saving up for a family vacation they promised my younger sister and I'm getting a job soon anyway.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
When I get the chance, I'll probably either marathon Cowboy Bebop or watch a few episodes tomorrow, since I think my Dad will enjoy it.

Also, new JonTron gorls! :yeahboi:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Eh, there's a line between tastefulness and gaudy when it comes to fanservice. Karin's costume is definitively in the former group, imo, and at the very least I think everyone would agree it's the furthest in that category compared to the other Capcom Christmas costumes.
But Santa Zangief, though.

Out of the bunch, Karin and Zangief's are the better-looking ones for me. The others are meh; they're there and that's it which is funny since for Juri, I love all her costumes, but the holiday ones -- Halloween's kind okay. We do not speak of Ken's.

Welp, right now I am bored out of my mind. I miss having homework for uni because I would have had something to actually do instead of messing around on the internet.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So I just got this beauty from wonder trade

1482725878694-1752523713.jpg

If anyone can educate me how Ninetails work in battle, that'd be great

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I just got this beauty from wonder trade

If anyone can educate me how Ninetails work in battle, that'd be great
In competitive play, Ninetail's main niche is Aurora Veil, which halves all damage to your team for 5 turns (8 when used with a Light Clay). Essentially, neutral attacks become not-very-effective and super-effective attacks just become effective. This is really powerful, especially on offensive teams that really needs the extra bulk. If you're going to use it, use it mainly for that move first and worry about its other functions for the team later.

I know little about VGC, but you'll have to worry about other weather abilities (such as Drizzle Peliper) getting in your way. Since Ninetails is fast, it'll usually lose the weather war. Aurora Veil only works in Hail, so it'll be worthless if another weather effect is up. If you're worried about this, you could maybe pair it up with an even faster partner that learns the move Hail and guarantee that Aurora Veil gets set up even against other weather starters.

In singles, it's well suited for Hyper Offense. Glass canon set-up sweepers are no long made of glass, and bulky ones will have an easier time getting up multiple boost. Encore is especially useful here, making it even easier to support a teammate in setting up. Its rock-weakness requires Defog or Rapid Spin support in 6vs6 matches with a lot of switching, however.

Remember that Blizzard has 100% accuracy in hail. If you don't need Encore, I'd recommend slashing out that move. If you do run singles Hyper Offense and want to make use of it, however, swap out Freeze Dry instead.

Even though it brings hail, don't feel pressured to bring too many ice-types as partners, if any at all. They have a lot of weaknesses, and will probably just end up ruining team synergy. If you must, however, Sandlash is a good pick (at least in singles) for high attack, good secondary typing, Swords Dance and Slush Rush.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Well, I got this from wonder trade too 3 minutes later huh

1482728528965-2023944729.jpg

I guess this is my Christmas present

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Today I learned that when AMD installs new drivers, it disables the monitor for my laptop which disables the brightness setting. Apparently, this has been a problem since 2015 for probably any laptop user with an AMD GPU. That is so goddamn stupid. At first I thought it had something do with Intel's which didn't make sense, but worked last time, don't remember what happened before that. Anyway, quick search lead to a solution and apparently a reoccurring problem posted on their forums.

Welp, it's going to be 6 more days until 2017. So much closer to BotW's release.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Hope you all had a good Christmas/Hanukkah. I've just been out with my sister, her bf and her friend down to the coffee shop. Was nice and relaxing, plus I forgot to check on the Monster Hunter Generations DLC. Managed to get 2 Item Packs, new poses, titles and missions. Gonna be trying them out when I have the chance to. Just need to clear every other mission in the 4 Star Missions. :V

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
It's kind of funny. That We Are Number One, I can kind of see it used in a Wario Montage or in one with Mario or Luigi using their Waluigi alts.

Specifically the TLT remix.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just saw Moana in theaters a few hours ago. Great stuff, like most Disney movies. I like how they're selfaware about their tropes and poke fun at themselves - then again most of their new stuff is. The Rock pretty much won 2016's top husbando for sure.

Also just realized Roadhog, aka Mako, is kind of based off Maui. Except Roadie is ugly AF or Maui in whale form at an unrealistic level of beauty. blizz pls nerf plsss

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I hope you all had a great Christmas, I sure did.

Anyway, I finally finished watching all the ZeRo saga sets
Leo's 3-0 on ZeRo was probably the highlight of the event. Leo is definitely Top 5 at this point, I don't think ZeRo has ever gotten bodied so hard (Although Larry vs ZeRo at CEO was also pretty brutal

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Getting back to doing my University work and my sister and her bf went back home today. So I'm trying to take this time to work on my User persona and all of that stuff.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I made a thing
It's been a while since I've drawn anything, and her outfit is ridiculously complex so I tried to simplify it. I may or not ink it later.
:196:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
this thread title, lol. People are/were talking about Zelda again in the Smash interpretations thread but I think they have moved on again to relevant characters :secretkpop:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
It's funny that someone did a video on why Duck Hunt isn't a bad character. :secretkpop:

Shame is that the amount of Duck Hunt mains is nonexistent with the only well known ones Brood, You3 and Raito. :V
that's about as many mains as most non high tier characters have though, so its a good amount :secretkpop:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
10/10 best way to get a date and maybe go to jail but who can say no to someone who saves their life?

Ture that.

Here's the video. :yeahboi:

I think most people write off projectile heavy (with so-so or no-no approaches) because this game has many fast characters who can out-speed forms of zoning or can use various approaches to punish zoners during the downtime. The God/Goddess of projectile heavy characters is probably Villager because they have tools to keep you away, heavily punish you, get early kills, and have a few hard-to-punish means of shaking people off who actually manage to get in their space.

Ducky and Packy are pretty great when utilized and fancy as hell. Not as good as Villager, but not Zelda-bad at least.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think most people write off projectile heavy (with so-so or no-no approaches) because this game has many fast characters who can out-speed forms of zoning or can use various approaches to punish zoners during the downtime. The God/Goddess of projectile heavy characters is probably Villager because they have tools to keep you away, heavily punish you, get early kills, and have a few hard-to-punish means of shaking people off who actually manage to get in their space.

Ducky and Packy are pretty great when utilized and fancy as hell. Not as good as Villager, but not Zelda-bad at least.
Agreed. I mean looking at that Top 10 Pac-Man plays that Dragon Smash did shows exactly how creative Pac-Mains can truly be. Same with the Duck Hunt mains too. I'd love to see the best of those mains come out and prove how great Duck Hunt and Pac-Man truly are.

Also, I seriously feel the need to check out Three Leaves, Three Colors since Ffamran Ffamran mentioned it ages ago. The animation looks really nice.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Playing some Puzzles & Dragons Z: Mario Edition on the side while trying to do some University work. Going to be inking in my drawing now and see what I can do to improve on it too.

Top Bottom