• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Add me @ wedl#1327 if you wanna play sometime I guess.
Gorl I've had yew added since JUNE and we haven't played a single game together
Well I've had Machi on my Wii U friendlist since June last year and I never played any games with ha but that's besides the point

add me too :D

dimmadome#11177

i haven't leveled up to 25 yet on this account but i'm on vacation atm so i got the time to do it then play my placement matches

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Puddin and I were hunting Sombra achievements today. Puddin got Hack the Planet but had to succumb to lowly methods to get it but I got both on my own (and then I almost got Rapid Discord somehow eeeee)
Only 2% of players have Hack the Planet; it's the rarest achievement right now. So I'm basically saying Puddin and I should be at Masters or Grandmasters since we're clearly at the top 2%.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Managed to get to cleaning my room and just had my breakfast as well. Plus my sister and her boyfriend will be visiting for Christmas which is nice. I'll also be trying to do some work today as well, since I want to get as much done.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Puddin and I were hunting Sombra achievements today.
I got the Power Outage one like 2 days ago. The easiest way to get it is on KotH maps, especially on the smaller ones like Nepal Village or maybe the Ilios Ruins one

It basically comes down to luck since a 6-man ult is like the only way you're getting the achievement

edit: i just got the Hack the Planet achievement. it's not hard to get, but it does require you to play Sombra in a really weird way. Just hack a health pack, wait for you cooldowns to be all set, stealth in, hack someone, translocate out, and repeat until you get to 15. Your ult also helps out because it counts toward the number of people you've hacked

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I was checking the Vinesauce Fullsauce Channel on YouTube which is where they post full streams of Vinesauce members of the games they've played (Such as Vinny playing Pokemon Sun/Moon, GeePM playing Roblox and Joel playing Bootleg Games for example). And I heard of something interesting in regards to Guzma.

I'll leave it in a spoiler here.

Guzma was beaten with a set of golf clubs when he was younger. I feel more bad for Guzma, he's a badass character but also that is a very depressing backstory, suffered abuse too. It also makes me think that the purple tattoos he's got on his arms, what if they're actually bruises he got from getting beaten?

TL;DR, Guzma becomes both a more badass and sympathetic character.

Also, since I'll be checking out Toradora on Crunchyroll, what would you recommend I start with? Dub or Sub? Because either way, I'll eventually go with the other option.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
It's my Birthday!
I tried finding a Rosalina Squid cake picture but couldn't.

So Have a Snowman instead.

Also, since I'll be checking out Toradora on Crunchyroll, what would you recommend I start with? Dub or Sub? Because either way, I'll eventually go with the other option.
I watched it subbed. Though that was because a dub didn't exist at that time.

The main female lead is the same voice actress known for Louise of ZnT fame and the titular Shana from Shakugan no Shana, if that means anything.

Woohoo! Got Gekkan Shoujo in the mail today. Problem: manga research paper is due tomorrow. Finals week is not fun. :teeth:
Speaking of voice actresses, the dubbed voice for Chiyo is one of my favorite Vocaloid/anime cover youtubers, Jubyphonic.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I watched it subbed. Though that was because a dub didn't exist at that time.

The main female lead is the same voice actress known for Louise of ZnT fame and the titular Shana from Shakugan no Shana, if that means anything.
Thanks for the heads up. I do know that Taiga, Louise and Shana share the same VA (Rie Kugimiya), she is well known for voicing a lot of Tsunderes. Though I think her other popular role outside of Tsunderes is voicing Kagura from Gintama.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Finished my last exams yesterday! FINALLY F R E E for a few weeks that is

Goals right now are to get Pokemon Sun or Moon ASAP, grind hard in Smash and attend 2-3 tournaments over break hopefully, see if I can get good at Pokken, and work on developing games and honing my drawing and 3D modeling.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Finished my last exams yesterday! FINALLY F R E E for a few weeks that is

Goals right now are to get Pokemon Sun or Moon ASAP, grind hard in Smash and attend 2-3 tournaments over break hopefully, see if I can get good at Pokken, and work on developing games and honing my drawing and 3D modeling.
When I break up for a couple months after this course in June, I'm hoping to attend some tournament myself in Sm4sh. But I doubt that'll happen. :V

Also, I haven't seen that many tournaments for Pokken. Though it's probably because the only one I've seen was the EVO Tournament for Pokken, still remembering the hype that was Braixen.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Happy birthday.

To my knowledge your existence is net positive and I would not wish for you to be unborn if the opportunity were presented to me.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Happy birthday.

To my knowledge your existence is net positive and I would not wish for you to be unborn if the opportunity were presented to me.
"You're a good enough person, I suppose, such that I would not exert the effort it would take to cast your life into the void of non-existence if given the chance."

Literally Renning IRL:

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ok but what if him being born keeps you from unlimited wishes though?!

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Ok but what if him being born keeps you from unlimited wishes though?!
I mean, would you really trust someone with unlimited wishes?

At some point that person is going to mess up. They'll wish for something like "I wish for ALL the pizza!" and it starts raining pizza everywhere, destroying ecosystems or "I wish water was tapioca pudding" and we all just explode as all the water in our bodies transmutes into pudding.

RosalinA RosalinA may very well be the thing standing between life and dessert-fueled annihilation.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I mean of all of the apocalypses that could happen... is that so bad?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

At some point that person is going to mess up. They'll wish for something like "I wish for ALL the pizza!" and it starts raining pizza everywhere, destroying ecosystems or "I wish water was tapioca pudding" and we all just explode as all the water in our bodies transmutes into pudding.

RosalinA RosalinA may very well be the thing standing between life and dessert-fueled annihilation.
I mean, that latter part wouldn't make much of a difference to me. I'm probably already 1/8th tapioca anyway.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ok I don't like tapioca pudding but the thought of it mixed with any other kind of pudding is making me vomit.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Hold on now, there's pizza involved? I don't care about the consequences, this needs to happen.

I'm really sorry RosalinA, but if your nonexistence meant infinite pizza for everyone (even if that everyone is made up of roughly 60% tapioca), then it'd be for the greater good. Happy birthday though!

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Currently having today, tomorrow and the day after off. Since I want to relax and spend some time with my family. :yeahboi:

Edit: Hoping you all are having a great Christmas Eve today.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
If any of you girls care, Genesect is undergoing a suspect test for OU

GenKoko volt turn is soooo good. But a U turn Ash Greninja on your team along side it, and next to nobody in the tier can switch in safely.

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've now finished Izetta: The Last Witch. Might as well post my opinion and thoughts about the show as a whole. :V

I will have to say, it's an interesting premise. Set in a parallel world before World War II where Witches exist. The story follows the titular protagonist "Izetta", said to be... well, The Last Witch. Who helps defend the Country Elystadt from Germania after being rescued by her childhood friend Finé while being transported to Germania.

The story I do like but it's not a fresh premise that we've not seen before. This kind of story was also seen in Valkyria Chronicles as that was set in a parallel world before the war. Which I cannot debunk points for.

However, I can say that the story and plot for each episode felt formulaic and predictable including some very stereotypical issues such as "Let's talk quietly about a plan we did IN THE WIDE OPEN WHERE ANYONE CAN OVERHEAR US!" stereotype of story progression, plus hold many plotholes along the way too which I will provide in another spoiler as I go on.

The art and animation looks somewhat bright but also not too colourful too which I'm fine with. Though the animation does use a bunch of 3D Animation too with many of the vehicles and weaponry that Izetta controls during her dogfights and many of the artillery on the ground used by the Eylstadtian Soldiers and Germanian Soldiers. Which I'm not too keen on 3D Animation, but it had to be done since drawing it all by hand would've increased the budget by tenfold and would've been time constraining, but I will admit some of the fights involving the 3D Animation look both hilarious but also pretty cool to look at.

Character wise I feel like is its weakest point which also ties into the plot holes that this show has. While we do get a strong, independent princess which is cool. The main problem I have is with Izetta, Berkman and a few other characters. Izetta feels somewhat one dimensional, and she feels honor-bound to follow Finé's orders a lot of the times, there's times where she is just used for fanservice too, plus this show LOVES to yuri bait us with many scenes involving Izetta and Finé (You see a scene of them holding hands, looking into each other's eyes in one of the later episodes). My one main nitpick design wise has to be with Izetta again, it has to be those damn Naruto-like shoes; they're just so annoying to look at. Give Izetta some proper boots for god sake! Her toes must be cold!

And now onto some of the plot holes I have issues with in this show! :yeahboi:

My first question is how did they manage to capture Izetta in the first episode? It's never really explained on how they caught her, Finé just ends up finding her in the first episode on the train she is on with her bodyguards.

Second, how the HELL did Berkman manage to steal top secret information from the Germanian Army? He just somehow manages to get hold of some files when he migrates to the Elystadtian Army; the same could be said on how they managed to successfully clone Sophie: The White Witch? Did they find her grave, her remains or just got some birth certificate and just said "Yeah, this'll do. :V"

One more is some Deus Ex Machina bs that happens in one of the later episodes, where one of the characters somehow pulls out half of a magic stone that Sophie is using and gives it to Izetta. That is just really dumb!

Music I will admit is pretty catchy, uses a bunch of orchestral and dynamic music for each scenario. Though sadly I can't really say much since I feel like the many flaws of the shows have made it forgettable to me.

Though I will admit, despite a LOT of problems with this show, I did enjoy it. Though it'll most likely be for a "so bad, it's good" kind of thing. There are many MANY issues with this show. Plot holes, some boring and uninteresting characters, formulaic and rather uninteresting plot and very stereotypical ways of story progression, even some ridiculous plans somehow pull through too, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I had fun with this show, it's stupid but fun.

I wouldn't really recommend this show unless you want a time waster and I wouldn't really be watching this again.

Izetta: The Last Witch gets and overall 3 :4zelda:s out of 5.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641

I missed so much. What happened? Why am I finally important to this world?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

*cue Karin's laugh*

This could have been such a beautiful costume for Karin, but nope, fanservice... Still pretty, but the fanservice ruins it for me. Also, reading a physical copy of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun -- first 3 volumes -- is pretty rad.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Merry Christmas gorls~ Have a Zelda that I literally doodled in 15 minutes

blarp.png

Huh, that's a lot bigger than I though oops

And I completely forgot to say this, but Gladion is the best S/M character, followed by Lillie me being a Dark Pit main has nothing to do with this I swear. I just want to wrap him up in blankets and give him a big hug ; w ;

Favourite pokemon from gen 7 are Type: Null, Silvally, Rowlet line and Bewear.

Also thinking of playing through Sun in Korean to actually get better at my language. I guess if any of you gorls got any tips on learning languages, throw 'em at me. I'm planning to have a little notebook+Dictionary whenever I play, plus, I'm gonna practice my pronunciation through speaking out loud

Top Bottom