• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Speaking of Pokemon. I really need to think of a team to counter some of the major threats in the current VGC Meta. :V

So far the main ones I know of are Celesteela, Arcanine, Gastrodon, either Garchomp or Salamance, a weather user and a Tapu.

I do think I got some ideas of what to run, but I am concerned. What kind of Pokemon would you all use in the format and against a ton of threats roaming around in the meta?

Also, saw Episode 11 of Sound! Euphonium 2. Such a nice episode, and then final episode next week. :yeahboi:
Looking forward to that.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. Time to check out the pilot of Toradora. In either sub or dub. :yeahboi:

Also, I got an idea of the first two Pokemon I want to use on my VGC Team! Just need your thoughts on each and if it'll be good enough or not. :V

Tapu Fini
Nature: Calm/Bold/Modest
EVs:
Ability: Misty Surge
Item: Leftovers/Misty Seed
Nature's Madness
Muddy Water/Scald
Protect
Ice Beam

Fini will be my wall breaker. Since I originally ran a test team which had an Alola-Raticate on it. However, despite it being able to break walls like Porygon2, Gastrodon, Oranguru and Celesteela. I felt like I needed a much faster Pokemon which is also bulky. It was either Koko or Fini, but pretty much they'll be fast enough to break through said Pokemon's defenses and have the partner Pokemon finish it off. If Fini ends up becoming not too good, I'll swap it out for Tapu Koko since I caught one that is Timid Natured.

I do not know what would be the best EV spread for Tapu Fini, so I do apologize for no spreads for her.

Incineroar
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef
Ability: Blaze (Intimidate when its available)
Item: Incinium Z
Fake Out
Darkest Lariat
Flare Blitz
Protect

Incineroar will be the hard hitter for the team, when combined with a Pokemon that has Super Fang/Nature's Madness. It can easily finish off those weakened Pokemon. Such as Celesteela, which will not survive a STAB Flare Blitz from 50%, Porygon2 and Gastrodon will easily go down to a Malicious Moonsault and Oranguru will not want to take a STAB Darkest Lariat. Just got to hope that your other Pokemon is faster than Incineroar in order to take them out more efficiently. It also makes a great check on Tapu Lele who run Psychic.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Not surprised since some poor shelteted souls need a very straight and very basic safe place - but now Overwatch can't be a safe place for them! cricricri pls donate to help them

But a homosexual female as the cover character for a huge game is somewhat of a big deal... Despite not being anything outlandish or GASP!SHOCKING!!!
Yes but, no one will really find out. It's confirmed in a comic and will only be mentioned in the trivia section of a wiki page.

It's not like Tracer will zip by and say "move, I'm gay"

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yes but, no one will really find out. It's confirmed in a comic and will only be mentioned in the trivia section of a wiki page.

It's not like Tracer will zip by and say "move, I'm gay"
Don't you worry, her 2017 Gay Pride Dasher skin will say that and things that are even gayer than that.

My favorite response to Tracer's not-a-big-deal-reveal is "I'm not a homophobe or anything, but I just don't think Tracer being a lesbian fits her character."

Like. Because gay people aren't diverse or anything. It's. Like. Homo only. Rainbows on. Gay Bar Destination. And she doesn't even have rainbows or mentions going to SUPER gay places. So. OK. OMG. So right. She doesn't seem like a lezzbo at all!!!

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Like. Because gay people aren't diverse or anything. It's. Like. Homo only. Rainbows on. Gay Bar Destination. And she doesn't even have rainbows or mentions going to SUPER gay places. So. OK. OMG. So right. She doesn't seem like a lezzbo at all!!!
You know there's a problem when someone says something that sounds even remotely like "I'm not racist but...".
It's sort of important to point out that it's isn't necessarily homophobes with a problem with it; we saw the same thing in the Harry Potter fandom when Rowling said Dumbledore was gay.

The majority of the backlash IIRC was from the LGBT community, in that he wasn't gay enough. Or rather, he couldn't be an "icon" (i.e. Dumbles is a wrinkly old man that they can't draw smut of on tumblr), and therefore doesn't count. Nevermind that that one actually had plot significance, but I digress.

If it turned out to be, say, Zarya, it's quite possible you'd be hearing a different tune from a good amount of those people.

Why are some people acting like Tracer being gay will have some kind of impact on the game itself lol
A significant amount of the Overwatch fandom has always been dedicated entirely to some character's perceived orientation and corresponding sexlives with other members of the cast.

Like, look at the sheer quantity of the reactions from the "Huzzah!" side, too. That single panel is the only thing anyone has been talking about or care about from the Christmas comic, for or against.

Last edited:
It'd be more interesting if they implied that Tracer was gay rather than being explicit about it (like what greening said) but ah well

All this talk reminds me of this video

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Going to be changing my bed in a bit and trying to think of what to use in VGC. Also I'll be going through a print out I got from my tutor yesterday, see what I have to do and what I can do during the Christmas Holidays.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
If you ever feel like a bad player in Overwatch, don't worry, McCreamy will make you feel even worse. We are all scrubs now, gorls. @Cress! r_greening1 r_greening1 @FullMoon Lord Renning Lord Renning

I want to be half as good as that Widow. At least for defense or something. I'm actually not TOO bad, but, like, I don't hit those headshots a lot.
I'm probably going to play Widowmaker a lot because I'm always a sniper. The female version of The End who can heal with friendly fire is kind of fun too.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Don't you worry, her 2017 Gay Pride Dasher skin will say that and things that are even gayer than that.

My favorite response to Tracer's not-a-big-deal-reveal is "I'm not a homophobe or anything, but I just don't think Tracer being a lesbian fits her character."

If they don't think it fits her character, tell them to google "soft butch".

Also there's a line where Tracer calls Mccree her wingman so the both of them probably go to gay bars together.

The female version of The End who can heal with friendly fire is kind of fun too.
You mean Ana? :p

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

With Smissmas finally releasing yesterday, I thought I'd at least show you gorls this beautiful piece of work. :secretkpop:

31 Bots in TF2 all doing the same action at the same time. You may want to turn down your volume at some parts. :V

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's sort of important to point out that it's isn't necessarily homophobes with a problem with it; we saw the same thing in the Harry Potter fandom when Rowling said Dumbledore was gay.
In my head I wasn't accusing that stranger I never met of being homophobic so much as I was calling them out on enforcing stereotypes (which it was in the case of homosexuality "not fitting her character").

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Woohoo! Got Gekkan Shoujo in the mail today. Problem: manga research paper is due tomorrow. Finals week is not fun. :teeth:

SFV season 2 patch looks cool -- typo that said M. Bison's stun meter would go from 900 to 100 was funny. Rashid looks awesome and Juri is getting better. Speculah BS being speculah BS has lead to someone coming up with a crackpot theory that one of the new, (paraphrasing) never been in Street Fighter character for season 2 is Iori Yagami.

The big counter to the theory is the character's build. You could argue it's just Street Fighter's art style, but Dhalsim, FANG, Rashid, and Birdie have different builds instead of usual buff, muscular guys like Balrog, Ken, and Vega. Also, leg belt's missing.

Iori being in SFV would be cool. Perhaps his inclusion could hint to a future, maybe Capcom vs. SNK game. Go crazy and maybe a "DoA X KoF X SF X Tekken" since all of those games had guest characters crossing over from one or the other recently. I would have liked Terry because it's Terry, but Iori, Kyo, Angel, Leona, and Geese would have been better choices since they would have offered different gameplay. Terry can be different, but the rundown is that he's just another motion character in a game with a ton of motion characters, some charge, and some hybrid characters. Of the rekka variety, it's basically Karin; technically Juri too if you consider canceling her Fuharenkyaku. So, Iori and Kyo would add to rekka-based characters with Iori being a jack of all trades who has everything else and Kyo being more primarily rekka-focused; Angel would be a totally different beast considering her command normals, Leona would be another hybrid character who would also add to the few characters with aerial combos, and Geese would be the only counter character if he was in SFV -- you can parry and stuff, but there's no straight-up counters like in the previous SF with Juri's Kasatushi.

Anyway, Chugga's playthrough of Splatoon convinced me that I need to play Splatoon. I love being late to the party! Welp, will need to invest in a Wii U and a Switch. I say this since I'm getting the feeling that Splatoon tease on the Switch might end up being a sequel. At the very least, they could port over the first game before the sequel is released.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

@SBphiloz4 what're you doing gorl? Don't humiliate yourself in front of Berserker's foot. :secretkpop:

Woohoo! Got Gekkan Shoujo in the mail today. Problem: manga research paper is due tomorrow. Finals week is not fun. :teeth:

SFV season 2 patch looks cool -- typo that said M. Bison's stun meter would go from 900 to 100 was funny. Rashid looks awesome and Juri is getting better. Speculah BS being speculah BS has lead to someone coming up a crackpot theory that one of the new, (paraphrasing) never been in Street Fighter character for season 2 is Iori Yagami.

The big counter to the theory is the character's build. You could argue it's just Street Fighter's art style, but Dhalsim, FANG, Rashid, and Birdie have different builds instead of usual buff, muscular guys like Balrog, Ken, and Vega. Also, leg belt's missing.

Iori being in SFV would be cool. Perhaps his inclusion could hint to a future, maybe Capcom vs. SNK game. Go crazy and maybe a "DoA X KoF X SF X Tekken" since all of those games had guest characters crossing over from one or the other recently. I would have liked Terry because it's Terry, but Iori, Kyo, Angel, Leona, and Geese would have been better choices since they would have offered different gameplay. Terry can be different, but the rundown is that he's just another motion character in a game with a ton of motion characters, some charge, and some hybrid characters. Of the rekka variety, it's basically Karin; technically Juri too if you consider canceling her Fuharenkyaku. So, Iori and Kyo would add to rekka-based characters with Iori being a jack of all trades who has everything else and Kyo being more primarily rekka-focused; Angel would be a totally different beast considering her command normals, Leona would be another hybrid character who would also add to the few characters with aerial combos, and Geese would be the only counter character if he was in SFV -- you can parry and stuff, but there's no straight-up counters like in the previous SF with Juri's Kasatushi.

Anyway, Chugga's playthrough of Splatoon convinced me that I need to play Splatoon. I love being late to the party! Welp, will need to invest in a Wii U and a Switch. I say this since I'm getting the feeling that Splatoon tease on the Switch might end up being a sequel. At the very least, they could port over the first game before the sequel is released.
That would be pretty cool if they did bring an SNK character into Street Fighter and like you mentioned, could spark interest into Capcom vs. SNK again since the most popular was CvS2, shame that Blanka, Sagat, Vega and Bison were the only extremely good characters since all you needed was their great normals and then you were good at the game. I just want to see Rock Howard again in either KoF or CvS, he's my favourite out of the Garou cast. Also, glad to hear you got Gekkan Shoujo, I might try and get the DVD if I can. Such a funny series right up there with D-Frag!.

Splatoon is pretty fun too, I tried getting back into it. But it felt uncomfortable using the Gamepad with my hands; I'm more use to using a standard controller like the Pro Controller that I use for Sm4sh. I'll probably wait for the Switch version before I jump back in, since I think I'll be able to handle the Switch Controller/Joy Cons more easily than using the tablet.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So do you ever have that fear that you'll suddenly lose all of your precious data in some capacity?

Today my phone accidentally hit a max-out on data space, and my notes app is just like:

It legit deleted a couple years of data and writings I kept on my phone. That includes calculations and over-time data for a couple of games, some stories, and prized made up Pokemon I'd done recently. Completely unsalvageable since it never backed that up.

Yup

Thankfully the data my favorite two made up Pokemon I've all-but restored from memory, and some other very important notes I had fresh in my mind and restored a fraction of.

Also then I updated Pokemon go and my app no longer opened, so I'm redownloading it now. Here's to hoping that doesn't somehow erase my pogo account :secretkpop: it's been a tough day for momma.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641

@SBphiloz4 what're you doing gorl? Don't humiliate yourself in front of Berserker's foot. :secretkpop:

That would be pretty cool if they did bring an SNK character into Street Fighter and like you mentioned, could spark interest into Capcom vs. SNK again since the most popular was CvS2, shame that Blanka, Sagat, Vega and Bison were the only extremely good characters since all you needed was their great normals and then you were good at the game. I just want to see Rock Howard again in either KoF or CvS, he's my favourite out of the Garou cast. Also, glad to hear you got Gekkan Shoujo, I might try and get the DVD if I can. Such a funny series right up there with D-Frag!.

Splatoon is pretty fun too, I tried getting back into it. But it felt uncomfortable using the Gamepad with my hands; I'm more use to using a standard controller like the Pro Controller that I use for Sm4sh. I'll probably wait for the Switch version before I jump back in, since I think I'll be able to handle the Switch Controller/Joy Cons more easily than using the tablet.
Reminder that even with a worse pre-patch Diddy down throw, she's still bottom 5.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So a plot twist on my last tragic post: I updated my phone to the next IOS (I'm lazy with doing that) and all of my notes are back!

Like, I legit have no idea why/how, but I'm super pleasT. My phone is suggesting that somehow my notes WERE saved to the cloud, despite that...not being hooked up...I thought.

Also my pogo redownloaded and nothing exploded, so I got to celebrate by powering up a couple level-maxed Pokémon now since I just hit level 27 earlier today. (Before this MESS broke loose) My preciousT Jynx is finally above 2000cp.

It's a chrisTmas miracle

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I thought Fujin was "jesus chrisT"

Isn't that why it's chrisTmas??

Don't we all get a Fujin alt under our trees??

Frosty the Snowman is lame anyways b y e

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Ayoooo Antonykun Antonykun you still have to tell me what time is good for you

Context: I need someone with Pokemon Sun to evolve my Rockruff to the midday form. I don't need an ice stone anymore

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Excewse yew!! Frosty's big thing is that he comes back every year to torment the police force. Doesn't that sound a little bit familiar to you?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Excewse yew!! Frosty's big thing is that he comes back every year to torment the police force. Doesn't that sound a little bit familiar to you?
Eaux

Well then FrosT the Sneauxman can be Fujin's other December-appearance-holiday-spectacle I guess. But I will get my Fujin alt for chrisTmas.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Well, my PSAT scores came in this week.

I met the threshold to apply for National Merits Scholarships. Let's hope this work pays off.

:150:
Are you applied automatically when you the threshold or do you still have to register after? I'm asking because I got a 1520 on mine so this would be really helpful to know lol

On another note, an online Fates tournament is coming up on the 7th and I'm so hyped, my scales have been itching to tip for ages without having to face full Kinshi teams, +7 weapons, and Nohrian Trust Midori

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Wait, does the ESRB of Aussieland really rate "online interaction"? What the heck?

Also, nice. Add me @ wedl#1327 if you wanna play sometime I guess.

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Idk if it's really a rating as much as it's just a label for online play, and they're just putting it under the rating for whatever reason. My copy of Pokemon Moon is rated PG and has "online interactivity" as well, but what do I know.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ayoooo Antonykun Antonykun you still have to tell me what time is good for you

Context: I need someone with Pokemon Sun to evolve my Rockruff to the midday form. I don't need an ice stone anymore
Opens up a prayer circle so yew can hear me
I'm free right now

Top Bottom