• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Still find it funny that our topic of the day is Classical Music and the anime ClassicaLoid (Which is about Classic Musicians in a modern time with magical powers) airs every episode on Saturday. Though I have to wait because of CR. :V

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just remembered this because of the classical music topic. Has anyone ever heard of or played Eternal Sonata for the PS3 or Xbox 360? It's basically a JRPG where you play as Chopin which the Japanese title Torasuti Beru ~Shopan no Yume~ (Trusty Bell: Chopin's Dream) hints at unlike the English one.

This also reminds me of that one anime where Mozart or someone else was a supporting character. And then there's the Jesus and Buddha anime.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Well I ran into nothing but trash on For Glory.

I had my ally disconnect on me on Team Battles. And on 1-on-1, first it was funny. I ran into a guy who used nothing but the DLC Characters. And pretty horribly too, he beat me about three times. I beat him more then triple that.

Then... oh boy, I ran into one and by god. He was the worst I've ever fought, first he went Wario which I thought was okay, he could've done better... but then he switched to ROB and oh boy. He did nothing but roll and spam Gyro, Laser and Grab. That was it, it was horrendous. I did manage to beat him and told him straight that he isn't good. Then he went Duck Hunt to spam even more. Basically, I beat him with Lucina. What makes it worse is it was lagging as well. So that's going onto YouTube.

I'll probably not go onto FG again after the crap that was that.

Last edited:

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Well I ran into nothing but trash on For Glory.

I had my ally disconnect on me on Team Battles. And on 1-on-1, first it was funny. I ran into a guy who used nothing but the DLC Characters. And pretty horribly too, he beat me about three times. I beat him more then triple that.

Then... oh boy, I ran into one and by god. He was the worst I've ever fought, first he went Wario which I thought was okay, he could've done better... but then he switched to ROB and oh boy. He did nothing but roll and spam Gyro, Laser and Grab. That was it, it was horrendous. I did manage to beat him and told him straight that he isn't good. Then he went Duck Hunt to spam even more. Basically, I beat him with Lucina. What makes it worse is it was lagging as well. So that's going onto YouTube.

I'll probably not go onto FG again after the crap that was that.
the best feeling is when you fight a good player who's fun to fight against and you stay and fight them for a long time.
For Glory has trash but it has good players too. I've fought AceStarthe3rd on FG before.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
the best feeling is when you fight a good player who's fun to fight against and you stay and fight them for a long time.
For Glory has trash but it has good players too. I've fought AceStarthe3rd on FG before.
Yeah, that's the best feeling out there. I did run into Cobanermani456 once back when I didn't have my LAN Adapter, it was very rough. I felt sorry for fighting him because of my lag. :c

I can agree with it having good but also horrible players. That one guy who played nothing but the DLC Characters (Well, most of them. Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta and Mewtwo and played Ike and Dark Pit once), it was pretty funny seeing what I could do against him. I only went onto FG so I could improve on my Mario. But I think that'll just give me a bad habit of just doing a jump in DAir, plus he was being rather predictable, such as doing a DAir with Corrin even when I was in shield, he would do DP's Side B when it's unsafe on block. And so on and so forth, I just ended up teasing him by going Cloud myself (To no one's surprise. I managed to body his Cloud, Corrin, Ike and Bayonetta with him). By the time he beat my Mewtwo with his, he left.

Though I still feel like that ROB/Duck Hunt player was just horrendously awful. He'd better fix his internet and actually learn his character(s) instead of just running away like a coward. :V

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Yeah, that's the best feeling out there. I did run into Cobanermani456 once back when I didn't have my LAN Adapter, it was very rough. I felt sorry for fighting him because of my lag. :c

Though I still feel like that ROB/Duck Hunt player was just horrendously awful. He'd better fix his internet and actually learn his character(s) instead of just running away like a coward. :V
We all get frustrated sometimes, but you have to realize that not every single person you encounter on FG will be trying to play competitively or are playing competitively. There are a lot of just casual players.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Any gorl wanna play Sm4sh? I kinda feel like playing horribly as Zeldoo and maybe Peach.

But I also don't wanna play on Roll Glory, so, yeah. I don't care if nobody approaches and I have to do all the approaching, but I sure as hell won't sit there and fight rollers. I mean, I usually win unless it's RollyMac, but it's still so incredibly unfun.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I actually found Narcissa on FG one night at like 5am

I was doing well but I screwed up my recovery and got stomped lol

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I don't know how to feel about the fact that the first thing I wrote this year was shipping fanfiction.
If it wasn't cutsie bara then you should feel bada.

Mercy X Genji isn't fiction, it's real dawg.

:150:
It's very likely, so it may as well be real. In Reflections, Genji writes to Angela and sends a feather. She is seen reading it and smiling at the end. I mean, it could be like "oh yay a friend wrote to me thing" but given the technology a call would've sufficed (Winston was able to use a super old calling device to contact her in the middle of nowhere) if they were just friends. He could've left the mountain to called her, it would've been faster than waiting for a letter to be delivered. He's also no stranger to the game, so he knows how to romance ladies for sure. Mercy's the kind of lady who'd like to read a letter vs getting a call.

Last edited:

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Any gorl wanna play Sm4sh? I kinda feel like playing horribly as Zeldoo and maybe Peach.

But I also don't wanna play on Roll Glory, so, yeah. I don't care if nobody approaches and I have to do all the approaching, but I sure as hell won't sit there and fight rollers. I mean, I usually win unless it's RollyMac, but it's still so incredibly unfun.
I'm down to play.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
If it wasn't bara then you should feel bada.

It's very likely, so it may as well be real. In Reflections, Genji writes to Angela and sends a feather. She is seen reading it and smiling at the end. I mean, it could be like "oh yay a friend wrote to me thing" but given the technology a call would've sufficed (Winston was able to use a super old calling device to contact her in the middle of nowhere) if they were just friends. He could've left the mountain to called her, it would've been faster than waiting for a letter to be delivered. He's also no stranger to the game, so he knows how to romance ladies for sure. Mercy's the kind of lady who'd like to read a letter vs getting a call.
It's hard for me to imagine Genji as grade-A balla / lady's man, but I guess nearly being beaten to death by your own brother humbles you I guess.

I kind of assumed he's writing the letter because he's in a temple without even working electricity it seems. The fact that they made it obvious it's a letter for specifically Mercy, instead of just writing for writing's sake adds fuel to the shipping fire for sure.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
It's hard for me to imagine Genji as grade-A balla / lady's man, but I guess nearly being beaten to death by your own brother humbles you I guess.

I kind of assumed he's writing the letter because he's in a temple without even working electricity it seems. The fact that they made it obvious it's a letter for specifically Mercy, instead of just writing for writing's sake adds fuel to the shipping fire for sure.
Well being almost murdered by your brother sure plays a part on it, as does the fact that he spent who knows how long being mentored by a robot monk plus the fact that, while Genji is at peace with who he is currently, he still feels like he doesn't belong anywhere but Nepal, so that's another thing that gets in the way.

I do kinda wish using the Young Genji skins would give him some voicelines that reflect his earlier hedonist self just because I think it would be a good source of humor.

It's kinda cool to know that Mercy can read Japanese though, I wonder if she learned some of it from Genji.

I have an embarrassing amount of headcanons for Genji and Mercy as a couple don't let me start

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'm down to play.
Goooorl, that was over an hour agooooo.

And yea, Genji had to be taken down because he was dishonoring his clan's name by being an irresponsible playboy and all around punk (prolly like saying "YOU KNOW WHO I AM???" and dumb things like that). The Shimadas were essentially Yukuza, but with powerful magic (or hard light-technology on steroids) noodle dragons at their disposal. Being a careless playboy would lead to catastrophic events. So when he was almost murdered and brought from the brink of death, I'm sure that made him somewhat humble. Though I'm sure him despising his cyborg body made it impossible for him to even think about "loving" anybody else. I'm sure being riddled with scars and barely any flesh wouldn't help him either, as he would be hated by racist humans and omnics alike. Based on some interactions and the fact he's a traditional cyborg (not a robot or android), it can be assumed he still has a human head/torso/organs. He just requires a metallic casing because his actual flesh is either severely weakened/useless or messed up OOOOR gone entirely. He definitely doesn't have limbs anymore, or maybe he just has stumps that connect to his synthetic limbs.

He could still have all his organic nerves and junk but just have mostly metal skin now too.

Cyborgs are weird.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Today I got a play of the game by repeatedly slashing at a wall because my mouse is being super wonky and refuses to let me turn around properly sometimes lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Today I got a play of the game by repeatedly slashing at a wall because my mouse is being super wonky and refuses to let me turn around properly sometimes lol
So, something like this? :p

The German -- I think they're German -- subtitles brought up a funny and gross idea. So, Raiden is a cyborg ninja like Genji. Raiden's current body during Revengeance was made by a German scientist named Wilhem Voigt or "Doktor" -- reminds me of Mercy who is Swiss, a doctor, and who made Genji's body. First, random thought was it would be funny if Raiden's HUD displayed stuff in German with some Japanese characters from time to time despite Raiden probably not understanding German... Next thought was Genji x Mercy which lead to remembering that Doktor talked with Raiden that if he were made into a cyborg, he would want a full body replacement making him a young woman. Now I'm imagining a Raiden x Doktor, but Doktor as a blue-eyed, blonde bombshell... I need brain bleach... Doktor's voice, but from a Mercy-like body...

Last edited:
just curious but for those who play overwatch on pc, what's your mouse sensitivity?

mine is set at 5.80 specifically for mccree, reaper, ana and widow but for the rest, it's 9.50

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
just curious but for those who play overwatch on pc, what's your mouse sensitivity?

mine is set at 5.80 specifically for mccree, reaper, ana and widow but for the rest, it's 9.50
Mine is 6.20 and the scope sens is 50. Allows for smoother accuracy with wrist movement but doesn't make it impossible for me to turn around fast.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Had a bit of trouble sleeping last night, since I spilt tea over my bed, so I had to change it before I went to sleep. But at least it's changed. And I'm almost done with Season 1 of Oregairu (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU). Will most definitely continue on with Cowboy Bebop as well.

And I'll be progressing on with my Uni work today, gotta get as much done. Also will be practicing on Sm4sh more, but I'll be avoiding FG again. :V

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Cheers, girls:
IMG_1397.JPG

In just yesterday evening, I:

• Got a French Ditto (GTS. Apparently the best bet for an easy foreign trade is to go in looking for players looking for Ditto. Or Porygon2/Z lmao)

• Paired that Ditto with an already prepared calm + everstone Morelull

• Got a calm shiny Morelull in only 84 eggs! My Bounsweet was 252 eggs, so this was surprisingly quick

Needless to say I'm super happy since Shiinotic is probably my favorite gen 7 Pokemon, and now I have one that I can prepare for being useable in a competitive battle! (Since it's my first time going for competitive usability, I went with the "I'll make it 'have' good IVs via bottle caps and call it a day.)

Next stop: Shiny morelull with Leech Seed, and hopefully rain dish / effect spore!
All of its abilities are kind of bad tbh, but effect spore or rain dish would've been my go to.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
bjn, you can use an ability capsule on your morelull to change its ability to effect spore

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
bjn, you can use an ability capsule on your morelull to change its ability to effect spore
Oh yeah.

BlessT you for reminding me.

I'll try for a leech seed on later anyways since it didn't take a horrifying amount of time to get the first. But hew else should I try to breed a shiny of? I always wanted my own shiny Chansey...

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
You can't get the seismic toss egg move on Chansey until Pokémon bank is compatible with Sun and Moon, so it's probs best to wait until then to breed a shiny one

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Cheers, girls:

In just yesterday evening, I:

• Got a French Ditto (GTS. Apparently the best bet for an easy foreign trade is to go in looking for players looking for Ditto. Or Porygon2/Z lmao)

• Paired that Ditto with an already prepared calm + everstone Morelull

• Got a calm shiny Morelull in only 84 eggs! My Bounsweet was 252 eggs, so this was surprisingly quick

Needless to say I'm super happy since Shiinotic is probably my favorite gen 7 Pokemon, and now I have one that I can prepare for being useable in a competitive battle! (Since it's my first time going for competitive usability, I went with the "I'll make it 'have' good IVs via bottle caps and call it a day.)

Next stop: Shiny morelull with Leech Seed, and hopefully rain dish / effect spore!
All of its abilities are kind of bad tbh, but effect spore or rain dish would've been my go to.
Ahh dang, Morelull was my next hunt for my Shiny Moon playthrough. I was too busy playing Bravely Default to even start yet D:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
You can't get the seismic toss egg move on Chansey until Pokémon bank is compatible with Sun and Moon, so it's probs best to wait until then to breed a shiny one
Well, I was thinking I'd go for the Aromatherapy and do a passive set if I did it before Pokebank comes out, since I'm cool with making a toxic only set.

Also I'm working at that leech seed shiny morelull. I passed the move to a calm morelull after hatching a male Comfey, and now I'm on the grind. :^)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Well, I was thinking I'd go for the Aromatherapy and do a passive set if I did it before Pokebank comes out, since I'm cool with making a toxic only set.
You do whatever you want, but just running toxic would make you complete set-up fodder to poison types and anything with substitute, not to mention you'd be extremely vulnerable to taunt

there's a reason that people always run at least an attacking move on defensive pokemon

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
You do whatever you want, but just running toxic would make you complete set-up fodder to poison types and anything with substitute, not to mention you'd be extremely vulnerable to taunt

there's a reason that people always run at least an attacking move on defensive pokemon
Oh this I know. And sometimes one can take that risk. Admittedly, though, it slipped my mind that poison types would make Chansey free, (if only been thinking of taunt) so I'll do that.

If pokebank isn't far off, then it'll be easy to wait for seismic toss mawile. As it is, I can just try my hand at other pokes in the meantime.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
But my Oblivious Slowbro with 4 status moves
It's the perfect doubles partner with pretty much anything as long as Slack Off and Heal Pulse are 2 of its moves.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
But my Oblivious Slowbro with 4 status moves
It's the perfect doubles partner with pretty much anything as long as Slack Off and Heal Pulse are 2 of its moves.
oblivious is like the only exception i can think of

even then, not running an attacking move isn't something i would really ever recommend

why not run scald for the burn chance like nearly every other water type does?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
oblivious is like the only exception i can think of

even then, not running an attacking move isn't something i would really ever recommend

why not run scald for the burn chance like nearly every other water type does?
I guess because Tapu Fini exists right now. And Arquanid can't be burned.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
That seems to be a problem in VGC. The only common mons you'll ever see that are Flying/Levitating are Celesteela and Pelipper to either be a complete bore and chore to kill or to just set up the Rain and have Golduck sweep.

Plus Pokemon like Gastrodon can just ruin your day too.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
When I signed up for my job, I was told I'd be working 3-day weeks, but it turns out I'm actually working 5-day weeks. It all adds up to 35 hours, which is the absolute maximum amount of time a part-timer can work. Ugh. I should of seen this coming, but I'm going to be both really busy and really stressed when my classes start up.

At least I'm going to be payed more for it.

Top Bottom