• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
This actually looks rly cool.

yas pls. Did you mod it?
yeahboi

2017 is Kirby's 25th anniversary so I want to celebrate the year by going full force with Kirby mods. I'm probably not gonna work on Dream Land 3 anymore for the time being, though. I just wanted to fix the terrible physics so I can actually enjoy replaying the game. I'm mainly gonna focus on Kirby's Adventure, Super Star Ultra and Return to Dream Land 'cause they're coolio Kirby games. Plus, SSU and RtDL are multiplayer so mods for them have more longevity.

oh, and there's this
coldsteelthekracko.png

edit: btw, idk if im allowed to post the patch file so i pm'd you :eyes:

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
As I'm continuing to play Sun, one feature I'm beginning to miss the Gen 6 PSS System. Trading and battling was so much easier when it was constantly on the bottom screen and connected to the internet rather than having to open a menu and reconnect everytime. Another thing miss about it is O-Powers, especially O-Hatching considering what a time saver it was. Why did they even downgrade the bottom to a glorifed Town Map anyway?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I've been saying Bayo has a high chance of getting herself banned for a while now. Has (basically) nothing to do with her new tech, I ain't expecting much out of it myself.

She just breaks too many of Smash's general design rules, clearly didn't spend enough time in development, with too high of reward for too little of risk. Yes Sheiks are figuring out more and more stuff, as are Diddy's. Bayo is at their level with a fraction of the invested time and total play time in tournaments due to being DLC + set of nerfs. Just, think about that for a moment. How many total man hours Sheik and Diddy have had invested into them: in tournaments, in friendlies, in the lab. Think about how little Bayo has in comparison. And then look at the fact you could very easily say those three are in a class of their own.

I'm certainly not saying she's about to get banned right now, she ain't even #1 atm. I'm saying at the rate things are going, I would completely expect her to get banned in the future unless the Switch version hits her with the nerf hammer again. Just needs the man hours put into her combined with breaking the character design mold.

g u f f a w i n g
nah she ain't getting banned ever. The only crime worthy of being ban worthy is being a mii.
unless
:secretkpop:
I ain't making a BAN*ZELDA joke
Wrys lol.png

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
star ocean anamnesis is really pretty

Ten years of people telling me to play star ocean and it took a mobile game for me to find out it's real-time combat and not turn-based. I should pick up SO3-5 at some point.

As I'm continuing to play Sun, one feature I'm beginning to miss the Gen 6 PSS System. Trading and battling was so much easier when it was constantly on the bottom screen and connected to the internet rather than having to open a menu and reconnect everytime. Another thing miss about it is O-Powers, especially O-Hatching considering what a time saver it was. Why did they even downgrade the bottom to a glorifed Town Map anyway?
Hardware. Even on N3DS the game forces wireless off to save power outside of Festival Plaza, considering that I think the game would just explode instantly if it had to load and update all the PSS stuff on the bottom screen while other things are going on up top.

Leaving O-Powers in would've been great though, I don't even have the Oval Charm and I'm still getting eggs faster than I can hatch them most of the time.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Ten years of people telling me to play star ocean and it took a mobile game for me to find out it's real-time combat and not turn-based. I should pick up SO3-5 at some point.

Hardware. Even on N3DS the game forces wireless off to save power outside of Festival Plaza, considering that I think the game would just explode instantly if it had to load and update all the PSS stuff on the bottom screen while other things are going on up top.

Leaving O-Powers in would've been great though, I don't even have the Oval Charm and I'm still getting eggs faster than I can hatch them most of the time.
A good solution could be to farm a whole box of eggs (since they can be sent directly to the PC when the party is full), and then go to somewhere like Heahea city and hatch them all at once
Also spares your circle pad so it doesn't snap off from running in circles forever

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Oh yeah, Star Ocean... As a kid, I always wanted to play Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. That cover art sold for me as a kid. And then there's the PS3 one and the one that I didn't know was on PS3, but is. Should probably pick up a Tales game.

Speaking of old games, went to a local used games, videos, etc. store wondering if they had a copy of GitS: Standalone Complex for the PS2 because of indecisive, feeling I'm going the wrong direction by being blinded and tunneled into a topic for Gekkan Shoujo, so GitS back-up research paper reasons. Fun fact: it was developed by Cavia. Yep. Dystopian futuristic world is totally something Cavia would do or want to develop for. I would actually want to see a game like that not based on GitS by Cavia or what's left of Cavia. Oh, and they made Bullet Witch which I really want to play for some reason that I don't remember anymore. Anyway, I digress. Because it's the holidays, the store had a bargain bin. Guess what was in it? Modern Warfare 2. Finally, it's at its proper price after being MSRP or barely discounted for 7 years. I understand why Activision can get away with doing stuff like that, but it's just... gross. At some point, y'know, when a game is old as that, it shouldn't be MSRP, but nope. I remember going to stores and seeing 3 generations of CoD at full price and it's just... ugh.

So, how's everyone doing? Apparently Shenmue 3 is almost golden: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/1...-development-pc-pre-orders-start-december-15/. Has anyone here actually played a Shenmue game?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So I was at school and I met a gorl who has the same type of pinky finger as me (my pinky finger is abnormally small, it's a REALLY rare case apparently. I kinda forgot, but I think it was like 1 in a billion??? Not too sure. Also not too sure of the name either.)

IMG_20161213_122547872.jpg

This is her hand.

IMG_20161213_122542711.jpg

And my thick thumb. I don't know if I talked about this in my last post about my weird pinky, but if I do a fist, I'll have a little crater where the pinky joint is supposed to be. It's actually kind of cute. :,D. So technically, I'm missing a joint

So we just talked about the struggles of our pinkies in things like piano and grasping stuff haha

Oh and at my smash club people call me god so like ok

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
So I was at school and I met a gorl who has the same type of pinky finger as me (my pinky finger is abnormally small, it's a REALLY rare case apparently. I kinda forgot, but I think it was like 1 in a billion??? Not too sure. Also not too sure of the name either.)

View attachment 122075
This is her hand.

View attachment 122076
And my thick thumb. I don't know if I talked about this in my last post about my weird pinky, but if I do a fist, I'll have a little crater where the pinky joint is supposed to be. It's actually kind of cute. :,D. So technically, I'm missing a joint

So we just talked about the struggles of our pinkies in things like piano and grasping stuff haha

Oh and at my smash club people call me god so like ok
Oh gorl, I know that feel.

There was this other Greninja player at the club, and taught him some stuff about the character. we did double greninja together and destroyed everyone. Now the whole club is convinced that the double greninja is a broken strat, and won't let us be on the team.

One time, I was juggling a guy with up air. The dude had no idea how to land properly, but he kept accusing me of being "a spammer".

The jimm-ishness of the guys in my club can be highly annoying, but it's funny to beat up on uch trash players.

:150:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The trailer was super QTmaximum Overdrive, why wasn't it posted? Widowmaker is me IRL 4 sur.

what do you think about the symmetra rework?
Basically like making Brawl Zelda into Sm4sh Zelda. Sure she's more viable, but the core issues still exist. She just has better QoL changes and slightly more useful variations to her kit.

Photon Barrier is too inflexible. I hope it gets changed. It's a good step in the right direction. They really should have given her a passive to throw her a bone. One that maybe alludes to the fact that she's basically Vishkar's top secret agent and architect. (Higher/faster jumps, quieter footsteps, easier to hear enemy footsteps/movement abilities, etc.)

Her current/old core problems:
1) She has 0 ranged viable means of attacking or scaring people away unless it's in a hallway. Every hero, even super-short-ranged Roadhog/Rein have a very formidable way of scaring people away. As an attack oriented support character she should be good at shaking enemies off of nearby teammates. She can't do that unless she's within 7m range... Fantastic! It'd be more practical to rely on the ally Mercy to help kill someone instead of Symmetra unless she's 7m away. like ok then

2) Her most active form of support is from her sentry turrets. Despite the faster output and higher storage, she still takes over 1.5 second (and slows down moving) to install one. That's not good for this kind of fast paced environment, especially since their HP is .1 and will get destroyed super quickly. She is a very fast-paced character, quick thinking and quick moving to actually be useful and keep turrets up at all times. If she had a movement skill or speed increase the 1.5 second build time could be over-looked.

Her solved core problems:
1) Her Ultimate is easier to protect and heals itself when successfully protected after an assault.

2) Her other Ultimate makes up for Teleporter's super-meh performance on Defense point B/Attack point A.

3) Less panic when setting up.

4) Less panic when deciding the best course of action for using the 12 second cooldown/3 storage max little sentry turrets.

So she feels a lot better, but is just a few QoL changes shy of actually feeling like a not-wasted-slot. She would be a good satellite for Rein since her barrier can take off some pressure and she can microwave people who come close to Rein. I'm sure with the right synergy she can skip her shortcomings. She's a clinger attack support so she should never be alone unless she's locking down a flank or setting up. She should also be with her team and get ready to throw out barriers to buy them some time as they run towards you/safety/the point.

I swear I really need to stick to one secondary. Since I seem to be leaning back towards Bowser, but then again. I wanna try and use Bayonetta again. It feels like I'm in a constant loop with this. :V
Did you try Peach? She's a delight and is good overall. I can't perform the FFNairs and float cancels too accurately online, but I still do very well with her regardless. Bowser isn't too bad, but heavies have it bad in this game since there's so many spoonfed combo4days characters. I tend to have a lot of characters I use for my secondary, but Peach would probably be my true secondary if I had to choose one.

Just stay away from the likes of Cloud or Yoshi. They'll cause you to have bad habits in the long run since they are rewarded for a lot of the things they do. Even after panic-mashing when things get crazy (mostly Online, anyway).

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Someone accused me of aimbotting in the Mei snowball fight mode thing
I'm still a scrub using an Xbox controller on PC Overwatch

rip other Mei

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
One of Mei's voice lines in the snowball fight mode is "I'm putting a rock in this one" and I've been snickering for the fast five minutes.

Also I've already gotten the Santa Mei outfit so thank you random number gods

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've got a lot of silly Charizard clips sitting in my replays. I think I might actually have enough to make a goofy little montage. I wish my computer wasn't broken, and that I owned a good video editor, but oh well.

In the meantime, watch this riveting battle. You know its gonna be good when there's an uncharged rollout in the thumbnail.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So uh, I'm a wanted man in Mei's Murderous Snowball fight.
So I was playing with a team of 5 and we did well and they wanted me on their team and I declined. Next game I was paired up against them and...
CRESS HUNT.png
Too bad we won and I got potg that match oopsT again.
I actually wanted to join their group after this, it was a joke. :p

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
So my friend told me to play this mobile game called My Horse Prince

This is probably the most surreal game I've ever played my god

It's not even a proper centaur I'm crying

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So uh, I'm a wanted man in Mei's Murderous Snowball fight.
So I was playing with a team of 5 and we did well and they wanted me on their team and I declined. Next game I was paired up against them and...
View attachment 122092
Too bad we won and I got potg that match oopsT again.
I actually wanted to join their group after this, it was a joke. :p
IDK why those people would want a vile hacker gorl on their team. Like, there's no way to get 20% accuracy without hacking. That's just impossible! GET OUT OF OUR FAIR AND BALANCED GAME, SOMBRA!!!

BTW~ Wildfire is good TY for the recomendation. It's enough to make me forgive your hacking ways.

Excuse me. I must suit up with my most powerful gear and destroy that game before it is too late.
Reapernetta.png

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to read through one of the books for this week's assignment, and currently Wonder Trading all of these hatched Pokemon I don't need. Also, I need help with evolving my Boldore. Since it has Weak Armor as its ability, once it becomes Gigalith; it'll become Sand Stream, so if anyone could help me with that. That'd be great.

Did you try Peach? She's a delight and is good overall. I can't perform the FFNairs and float cancels too accurately online, but I still do very well with her regardless. Bowser isn't too bad, but heavies have it bad in this game since there's so many spoonfed combo4days characters. I tend to have a lot of characters I use for my secondary, but Peach would probably be my true secondary if I had to choose one.

Just stay away from the likes of Cloud or Yoshi. They'll cause you to have bad habits in the long run since they are rewarded for a lot of the things they do. Even after panic-mashing when things get crazy (mostly Online, anyway).
Suggesting Peach again I see? :secretkpop:
I am still worried that I may not get all of the tech down such as the instant float and Float Cancelling again. But I may give her a shot again.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

have i mentioned that my gimp should be taken away from me?
Wrys Horse.png

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Gorl you gotta stop horsing around. :secretkpop:

Also, went onto Team Battle on FG. By god it was dope. Managed to beat a Bayonetta player multiple times with Lucina (I did try to go Peach. It felt rather awkward to me, I did manage to do Instant Float DAir and even Turnip Throw > FAir. But I may need to take some time to get the hang of her.)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
What do you mean?!?! When I fought her and Nammy and greening maybe? Who was it? In a 1v3 I WON!! And I was Little Mac sooooooooooo
Omg how do you still remember that match.

I remember Nammy killed me by """"""accident"""""" iirc

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Now that's a horse-husbando worth fighting for.

Gorl you gotta stop horsing around. :secretkpop:

Also, went onto Team Battle on FG. By god it was dope. Managed to beat a Bayonetta player multiple times with Lucina (I did try to go Peach. It felt rather awkward to me, I did manage to do Instant Float DAir and even Turnip Throw > FAir. But I may need to take some time to get the hang of her.)
Peach CAN be fancy, but does not require constant teching. She's neutral heavy, so any advanced techs are for especially tenacious opponents who aren't afraid of vegetables. She can play a close quarters hit and run decently if the opponent has no long ranged pokes.

Did you give Mewtwo a try? His floaty nature seems to "work" with Peach-paced fighting styles... Except he's basically better in every way soooooooo. Bayo is fun, but she's almost as crutchy as Cloud or Yoshi. I say ALMOST 'cause her frame data says she can't be a panic masher or camper.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Peach CAN be fancy, but does not require constant teching. She's neutral heavy, so any advanced techs are for especially tenacious opponents who aren't afraid of vegetables. She can play a close quarters hit and run decently if the opponent has no long ranged pokes.

Did you give Mewtwo a try? His floaty nature seems to "work" with Peach-paced fighting styles... Except he's basically better in every way soooooooo. Bayo is fun, but she's almost as crutchy as Cloud or Yoshi. I say ALMOST 'cause her frame data says she can't be a panic masher or camper.
I did try Mewtwo before. Back when I fought Koiba Koiba (This was a while ago), and I did manage to beat her a few times with Mewtwo. Even KO'd Jigglypuff at 68% with USmash on the platform of Smashville, first I was laughing and thinking "I think I found my secondary~!", but then trying him out again; I realize that Mewtwo is too risky for me to use but with such great reward. I just need to space properly with Mewtwo and get its jumping and all down correct. Only time I think I did okay with Mewtwo was back on that "For Glory At Times... 2" video I did and worst was when I took Mewtwo on FG and fought against you lot before when I was hunting for a secondary ages ago.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I did try Mewtwo before. Back when I fought Koiba Koiba (This was a while ago), and I did manage to beat her a few times with Mewtwo. Even KO'd Jigglypuff at 68% with USmash on the platform of Smashville, first I was laughing and thinking "I think I found my secondary~!", but then trying him out again; I realize that Mewtwo is too risky for me to use but with such great reward. I just need to space properly with Mewtwo and get its jumping and all down correct. Only time I think I did okay with Mewtwo was back on that "For Glory At Times... 2" video I did and worst was when I took Mewtwo on FG and fought against you lot before when I was hunting for a secondary ages ago.
Why do you want a secondary, and why are you looking for one? The way you're leaning towards Bowser and Cloud, and away from Mewtwo and Peach makes me think you want one that's relatively easy to use. Or are you looking to cover Lucina's weaknesses, or just trying to find a character you like?

Just use Marth as your secondary so you won't have to practice him ever.

You know what? You should drop Lucina altogether and just main Charizard. He's awesome.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Why do you want a secondary, and why are you looking for one? The way you're leaning towards Bowser and Cloud, and away from Mewtwo and Peach makes me think you want one that's relatively easy to use. Or are you looking to cover Lucina's weaknesses, or just trying to find a character you like?

Just use Marth as your secondary so you won't have to practice him ever.

You know what? You should drop Lucina altogether and just main Charizard. He's awesome.
It's kinda funny, while Bowser is easy to use for me. I also find him fun to play as well, though I do feel like he doesn't really help cover some of Lucina's weaknesses. And speaking of characters I like, I do like some of these characters but I'm not that good with most of them:

Bowser, Little Mac, Zelda, Ganondorf, Samus, Palutena, Ike, Robin, Charizard (Have I made you proud? <3), Villager, Shulk, Dr. Mario, Pac-Man, Roy, Corrin and Bayonetta.

However, I seriously only want to find one character that'll cover Lucina's weaknesses and/or be relatively easy to use as well.

Shame is I don't find him as fun as Lucina. However, I do play Marth once in a while though. secretkpop

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Omg how do you still remember that match.

I remember Nammy killed me by """"""accident"""""" iirc
I feel like someone's shield was broken and then you rested Nammy and then I kill ed you while you slept with a KO punch.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
However, I seriously only want to find one character that'll cover Lucina's weaknesses and/or be relatively easy to use as well.
Now that I think about it, Lucina doesn't have a lot of glaring weaknesses, does she? Solid disjoints for defensive, good walk speed for calculated offense, decent enough kill power...

What do you usually struggle with? If it's wracking up damage and getting kills, I'd lean towards Roy or Little Mac for rush down. If it's projectile spammers and zoners that laugh at Lucy's disjoints, I'd lean more towards Villager to beat them at their own game.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Now that I think about it, Lucina doesn't have a lot of glaring weaknesses, does she? Solid disjoints for defensive, good walk speed for calculated offense, decent enough kill power...

What do you usually struggle with? If it's wracking up damage and getting kills, I'd lean towards Roy or Little Mac for rush down. If it's projectile spammers and zoners that laugh at Lucy's disjoints, I'd lean more towards Villager to beat them at their own game.
With not many weaknesses, I do think she is rather underrated imo. But that's because not that many main her and since Marth has better results than her. Though I am one of the few that thinks she has some hidden potential, just like how I see Zelda having hidden potential too.

There are times I do struggle with kills, but it doesn't happen too often. But alas, I might give Roy or Villager a shot. Our boyo might be coming back to being my secondary (Unless the same that happened to me during Roy dittos against @TTTTTsd occurs again. :V)

If I do start playing Roy again, I'll be definitely checking out Izaw's guide on Roy once more. As for Villager, just probably watch many of Ranai's matches with Villager.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

My problem with Lucina is predictable recovery while also having to deal with the only average damage output.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You do need a not-Lucina kind of character to cover her weaknesses. That would be Mewtwo, but that would be plenty more characters too. The problem with Sm4sh is that there's so many fun choices that are MOSTLY different so choosing the 2 you like the most may be hard.

Lucina is already a think-heavy and still space-heavy character. Though she's basically a melee ranged character with a butterknife for disjointed pokes.

Corrin might work well, since they're space heavy but actually way more forgiving with the disjoints since they're larger or cover a wide area (dat Nair tho), better recovery, projectile capable of mixups with two different charging phases, and a slightly harder to gimp recovery. It'd be a way to stick with Lucina's general playstyle of chaining aerials as an approach and playing with specials for mix ups/combos.

Mario is also another option. He's mostly melee as well, but he's pretty much Forgiving: The Rebalanced Character™~ Yoshi is the original Forgiving: The Character™ tho. But then they decided to make Forgiving: The Character Let's Break It Now™ with Cloud. So many tools at his disposal meaning more ways to protect yourself and also gimp people. He has one of the better projectiles in the game too, considering it's bouncy nature that always changes depending on height (unlike Pika's jolt). Anti-air upsmash, great aerials, decent ground game with not-so-much downtime, and all his specials have some sort of ACTUAL use.

WFT might also be fun. So much to do with the character, but the smashes feel awfully inflexible (not as bad as Zelda or Bayonetta, but stiiiiiil).

If you're looking for an easier pocket character like how most competitive smashers have, then you're probably going to want Cloud. Or Bayonetta, Shiek, ZSS, Diddy, Fox, or Falcon. Bayonetta is very good for low-thought processing. Not in a brain dead way, but because you can stall with extended aerials to buy yourself some space AND deal a little chip damage. That's why I like Bayonetta, since it lets me gauge my opponents without committing but still deal damage.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
sheik is one of the most difficult characters to play, and if you're going to invest the time to get good with her, you might as well main her

pocket sheik isn't a great idea tbh

just pocket/secondary cloud and live the easy life

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
You do need a not-Lucina kind of character to cover her weaknesses. That would be Mewtwo, but that would be plenty more characters too. The problem with Sm4sh is that there's so many fun choices that are MOSTLY different so choosing the 2 you like the most may be hard.

Lucina is already a think-heavy and still space-heavy character. Though she's basically a melee ranged character with a butterknife for disjointed pokes.

Corrin might work well, since they're space heavy but actually way more forgiving with the disjoints since they're larger or cover a wide area (dat Nair tho), better recovery, projectile capable of mixups with two different charging phases, and a slightly harder to gimp recovery. It'd be a way to stick with Lucina's general playstyle of chaining aerials as an approach and playing with specials for mix ups/combos.

Mario is also another option. He's mostly melee as well, but he's pretty much Forgiving: The Rebalanced Character™~ Yoshi is the original Forgiving: The Character™ tho. But then they decided to make Forgiving: The Character Let's Break It Now™ with Cloud. So many tools at his disposal meaning more ways to protect yourself and also gimp people. He has one of the better projectiles in the game too, considering it's bouncy nature that always changes depending on height (unlike Pika's jolt). Anti-air upsmash, great aerials, decent ground game with not-so-much downtime, and all his specials have some sort of ACTUAL use.

WFT might also be fun. So much to do with the character, but the smashes feel awfully inflexible (not as bad as Zelda or Bayonetta, but stiiiiiil).

If you're looking for an easier pocket character like how most competitive smashers have, then you're probably going to want Cloud. Or Bayonetta, Shiek, ZSS, Diddy, Fox, or Falcon. Bayonetta is very good for low-thought processing. Not in a brain dead way, but because you can stall with extended aerials to buy yourself some space AND deal a little chip damage. That's why I like Bayonetta, since it lets me gauge my opponents without committing but still deal damage.
It's rather funny that Corrin was one of those characters I was suggested to try out earlier this year as a secondary. Didn't go so well for me, plus I did end up tunnel visioning by using Side B for about 70 - 80% of the time I used her.

I did try Fox as well a while ago too. Though that was just in friendlies against Koiba, Diddy is probably my worst character out of the bunch of Top Tiers you've mentioned. ZSS I did only play in Training though, since I wanted to just mess around and see how I could deal with her sometimes. Sheik... well, we know how I am towards Sheik. :secretkpop:

Cloud I think we can easily say that a lot of people have a pocket Cloud, plus I am concerned that with so many Clouds out there; the meta could be evolving on countering him much more easily. Bayonetta while I have tried using her again recently, I am worried of myself relying too hard on Side B and just sticking with the one B&B combo for her too. Mario I don't play too much and I only played Yoshi once. Haven't played Wii Feet since I think one time against Macchiato I think, or it was Cress!. :V

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The fun thing about Cloud is that even with the proper counters he still has a shot for a mostly even match. He just needs to hold on to his charge for recovering purposes (the defense/speed buff helps too) and rely on Uair, Dair, Fair, Fsmash, Dsmash by the ledgelololol, or even a properly timed Usmash to land a killing blow. I know. There are so little options, but I'm sure Cloud will somehow manage with such an inflexible set up~~~
:secretkpop:

And yea Shiek probably ISN'T a good pocket at this point. Maybe once upon a time because she could just harass someone for days even if they have disjoints and was impossible to kill offstage without a spike because most moves send people upwards at a diagonal angle instead of directly sideways or downward.

Relying on Mayo-spread isn't that bad. Just slide your Mayo-self right across that stage with that butterknife-kick-flip thing of yours, gorl. She has plenty of fun tools and can combo, but her frame data is iffy. Her aerials are her saving grace. Also DAir and Downward ABK are great for slamming back to the ground as quickly as possible. Just don't spam too many aerial specials when on stage so you don't have any punishable landing lag.

Corrin's SideB is somewhat safe. Just flip yourself the opposite way if you keep going in the wrong direction. Corrin flies pretty fast when finishing SideB and there's not too much downtime. Only a fast character could actually punish you unless you fling yourself into their shield. You can also just drop the SideB on the spot. I would say it's just as spam-safe as Bayonetta's SideB, which to say is it could work to catch someone who's in a far but punishable position. Can be used to KINDA approach or run away. But is never good against a suspecting/still opponent.

If you want to just get better with the game and not get too serious with secondaries, you could give Zelda a try. She has some interesting match ups, especially against people who are impatient and don't know how to apply pressure too well. It pretty much forces you to get good at mind-reading and spacing, as well as learning to be calmer so you don't panic-attack and get punished during the down-time. Principals that translate well to any character. If you can be a sass master with Zelda's constricting and punishable kit, you can probably make any character work unless you rely solely on Elevator or FW2 cheesy spam to secure all kills. Besides, her walk animation is OP and so are her sparkles. Charizard, Mayonetta, and Peach also have OP walking animations so maybe you can just pick them to dive deep into the walk-meta.

Top Bottom