• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm currently grinding for Rainbow Beans now, so I can easily speed up the Evelup and Mining Islands. Though if I can be bothered, I'll try and level up my Festival Plaza as much as I can. I've been neglecting that an awful lot lately.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mimikyu is a good choice. Just gotta beware of Heavy Slam Celesteela. I find it hilarious that Splash is now a viable option in competitive since you can use Normalium Z to get a +3 Attack Boost.
Sadly, SD+Life Orb is actually more powerful then Z-Splash, though I guess the latter option doesn't come with recoil.
I have tried running A-Ninetales; it's a decent Pokemon in VGC. I did see ShadyPenguinn run it on his VGC Series against CybertronProductions. Though I think Torkoal is going to be the most common weather user in this format, since it partners well with Lilligant along with being very useful in Trick Room as well. So hello Heat Wave/Eruption spam. :V
Ah yes, VGC. I usually think in terms of Smogon singles, but I think this might be the gen where I end up playing more VGC format once Pokebank opens up. If anything, Ninetales seems even better in VGC then singles. Screens are really powerful in doubles and Blizzard hits both opponents.
I have tried some other Pokes that aren't as used. Like Kommo-o (It's too frail against the Tapus; sure it can learn Flash Cannon, Flamethrower and Focus Blast; but when there's a Tapu or a Fairy on the field, that's GG). Tapu wise, I think at least three of them are going to be used the most (Koko, Lele and Bulu), Fini I can see being used a little bit; but not that much. Sure its ability can help with denying Sleep from Lilligant or Burn from Scald/Will-O-Wisp happy opponents; but in all honest, there do seem to be some Pokemon that can do its job better.
This is mostly true in Smogon singles as well. The sad part about Kommo-o is that it would of been absolutely incredible in Gen 5, but instead it had to be introduced in the same gen where fairies are completely dominating the field. Gamefreak really overkilled it with the legendary deities. Thanks to their abilities, Bulu and Lele hit so hard its just plain silly.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Ah yes, VGC. I usually think in terms of Smogon singles, but I think this might be the gen where I end up playing more VGC format once Pokebank opens up. If anything, Ninetales seems even better in VGC then singles. Screens are really powerful in doubles and Blizzard hits both opponents.
Definitely agree on that. Screens can be very useful, while I haven't seen Nihilego used as much; it can be a solid user for Reflect.

This is mostly true in Smogon singles as well. The sad part about Kommo-o is that it would of been absolutely incredible in Gen 5, but instead it had to be introduced in the same gen where fairies are completely dominating the field. Gamefreak really overkilled it with the legendary deities. Thanks to their abilities, Bulu and Lele hit so hard its just plain silly.
Yeah. It is a real shame. Though I do feel like the only kind of Pokemon that can counter Bulu and Lele are either themselves or Celesteela/Kartana. Lele can easily OHKO itself with a Life Orb/Specs Shadow Ball, whereas Celesteela can tank a hit and fight back with a STAB Heavy Slam which can OHKO almost all of the Tapus (Except Fini I think?). Same goes with Kartana and Smart Strike.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Competitively, Alalo Ninetails isn't even the worst thing that's happened to dragons this gen. It's got a solid niche as an Aurora Veil setter, but it isn't that great offensively or defensively so that's probably going to be the extent of it in OU. Yeah, it kills dragons, but that's not something a little Fire Punch couldn't fix.

The Tapus, on the other hand, are running around all over the place. Not to mention the surprisingly viable Mimikyu. Outrage and Draco Meteor spam have never been so unviable before. Now there is faries left right and sideways. It's a far cry from the old days of BW.
It's satire.

If anything, I'd actually expect A-Ninetales to pair well with most dragons, considering how many of them are setup sweepers and would appreciate the screens(+Encore/Safeguard) support...though in Dragonite's case, Hail and Multiscale don't always mix.

That all said I still haven't done any wifi/simulator play yet this gen, who knows if I'll still be using my Dragonite outside of Battle Tree lol. In addition to infinite viable fairies we've also got plenty of steel types running around, too.

@Komala

What's the nature? It has the proper hidden ability and egg moves, so it's almost perfect for competitive play. If you want, I can get it to level 100 and max it's IVs with Hyper Training. I have the whole Festival Plaza setup on my digital copy of Moon.
After how you reacted to shiny Vulpix before I feel like you're just going to release it :198:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Tourney tommorrow for Melee & Tr4sh. Got a good chance of making Top 3 in both. Don't know how much I will go Zelda tho in Tr4sh, might go Cloud all day if I play like I did today

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
The kind people at Spacebattles did me the favor of Christmas-tizing my avatar.

I added the candy cane myself, though.

What do you think, Lil Puddin Lil Puddin ?

Trust me, some of the series that some of the characters are from are pretty messed up.
I got that coupon too. I think I'll skip it. I've already got Fate/Extella pre-ordered for Vita, and as far as I'm aware Saber's the only character in that game I'd care about.

In other news, Super Mario Run will be dead upon arrival. Sega tried the whole "Requires Internet Connection to Play Runner" game idea before and it failed miserably.

I'm trying to think of good nicknames for my Moon game; @Virtue may be able to help me. So far my character's name is Faust and my Popplio, in honor of it's final evolution, is Leanansidhe.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Got to enter a tournament at my college since it's that period where exams are over a week away and I don't have any homework. Host decided to run single elimination for what I thought was questionable reasoning, but whatevs I guess. I ended up getting 3rd with :4greninja::4charizard: and losing to a Puff user of all things who really got in my head.

Decided to follow evmaxy54 evmaxy54 's advice and start a Smash journal and record what I got killed by and what I need to work on. I hope to enter a tournament or two in the winter should the parent allow it so I can get a bit more closure on where I stand. I really want to go to a Xeno in NY at some point.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i just found a shiny gumshoos and i caught a shiny alolan ratatta last week

why is this game insistent on giving me shinies of trash pokemon
Excuse me gorl?
raticate is my spirit animal
King Wrysticate.png

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up early. So I'm thinking of taking this time to work on my Detailed Design Brief. Hopefully I can get a good grasp of what to do.

I got that coupon too. I think I'll skip it. I've already got Fate/Extella pre-ordered for Vita, and as far as I'm aware Saber's the only character in that game I'd care about.
I don't blame you. Some of the characters are from obscurce series. The ones I recognise are Yuki from Gakkougurashi!, Saber from Fate/stay, Homura from Senran Kagura, Sonico from Super Sonico and Heart Aino and Saki Tsuzura from Arcana Heart.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Either of you gorls still around? I have work at 2PM and I'm trying to kill time, like, 1 hour maybe.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I don't know how long it's been since I've last been here, or if anyone still recognizes me (props if you do) but I hope you're all doing great. Haven't been on Smashboards much at all the last couple of months but I still do try to check in once and a while. Also, as late as I am with saying this, nice job on reaching 3000 pages, gurls.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm suddenly having the urge to try and use Palutena once again. :V

Been practicing some combos with her such as NAir > DJ Fair, DThrow > FAir/Turnaround BAir. But then I remember that I can't get use to her extended dash dancing and that her NAir, DAir and UAir are laggy after a SH. :V

It's like I'm trying to bring suffering to myself.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
I'm suddenly having the urge to try and use Palutena once again. :V

Been practicing some combos with her such as NAir > DJ Fair, DThrow > FAir/Turnaround BAir. But then I remember that I can't get use to her extended dash dancing and that her NAir, DAir and UAir are laggy after a SH. :V

It's like I'm trying to bring suffering to myself.
Palutena is just one of those characters you can just feel the mediocrity emanating off of when playing.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Palutena is just one of those characters you can just feel the mediocrity emanating off of when playing.
I'm pretty sure that is the full effect of her down B right? That's what it is used for iirc.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
tfw fighting a boss in Bravely Second while underleveled.
About 30 mins into the battle.
3/4 done.

The game freezes completely and I have to turn the system off.

fml and **** you geist

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
3/4 done.

fml and **** you geist
Geist is pure stall but he doesn't do much else. So he's not too bad if you're underleveled.

The next asterisk though... hahahaha, have fun.
:cheep:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Tekken World Cup was last night.

Watching Pools was kind of insane; the crew doing the stream only had one set up with four matches typically going on at once, so they'd just immediately go to another match whenever a round ended in the one we were watching. It was basically constant fighting for four hours.

One of my two choices to win ended up taking the tournament, so that was nice.

Only sort of annoying thing was instead of getting a release date, we got a kuma trailer, just like last year.

Excuse me gorl?
raticate is my spirit animal
View attachment 121822
Oddly enough, one of my favorite books is Ratking, by Michael Dibdin.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
3/4 done.

fml and **** you geist
Geist is a total WTF-fest. You should probably level tho before taking him on unless your goal is to beat the game without leveling that much.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm getting Bravely Second for Christmas and I'm hype
I've been meaning to get it forever
Magically I've avoided any and all spoilers

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'm getting Bravely Second for Christmas and I'm hype
I've been meaning to get it forever
Magically I've avoided any and all spoilers
The main character is the Bravely-World's version of Zelda so that means magic and stuff. Thankfully, the gorl has a team so it's a team fight and that's the only time Zelda is actually good. The gorl saves the world by fishing for FW2s and ignoring ha own opponent to make any fights on the stage a 2v1~4v1.
:secretkpop:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
One not-exactly a spoiler that you definitely should know before you start playing S/M

it's hard as hell to get basically any of the new Pokemon.

If you want Bruxish, Dhelmise, Comfey, Oricorio, Oranguru, Passiman, Mareanie, (oh, and Mimikyu) and/or a few others, you'll need to Internet search for answers or grind for a while looking basically. If you wanted Drampa/Turtunator, you basically can't get or use it until post-game.

Several evolutions are also rather obscure, IE you get Tsareena when Steenee learns Stomp iirc, and Crabrawler/Charjabug don't even get to evolve until you reach/pass the last island.

I've still never encountered a Komala outside of one trainer battle and have no idea where it is lmao. Though I can at least check the dex.

They basically shower you with especially underwhelming older gen Pokemon or their Alolan forms the entire game bar Youngoose and Pikipek.

Even some that aren't uniquely rare like Morelull and Dewpider have been a pain in the butt to locate more than a couple times.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Annnnd... my wallet cries even more.

Apparently, my gloves freaking suck outside of not fitting -- fingers fit, thumb doesn't, long fingers or I because chose medium instead of small for some reason. Hands get cold when wearing them and they're bulky and clumsy, so I have to take my hand out which means dealing with blasts of cold wind. Yay... Well, I decided on getting glomitts, glittens, convertible mittens, finger mittens, or whatever you want to call them. Funny, I remember owning a pair as a kid and they were the bomb in my kid eyes since fingerless gloves were cool to me. Now, they're hot because apparently, mittens are usually warmer than gloves. Wished I could have gotten a pair of leather gloves since driving without gloves or gloves without grippy surfaces in the winter suck major donkey ass. Problem is that leather gloves are apparently useless around and below 20F unless they're really expensive and/or bulky. I don't have money to be throwing out at stuff and there's also the fact it's holiday and winter season where stuff like this is in demand, so whateves. The glomitts have leather on the upper palm and thumb areas and I can deal with my fingers being cold as the car heats up, so that should be fine.

Didn't want to deal with paying for shipping, so I used that as an excuse to buy the first 3 volumes of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun which will probably end up being part of or the main focus of a paper I have to do for manga class. I say probably since I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with the project. Stuff that I thought of, including Gekkan Shoujo, were New Game! and Sahara the Flower Samurai and both of those I can't legally do as there aren't any official translations of them yet as far as I know -- Sahara in particular is just a short story. I don't remember what the professor said about legal and illegal use other than I think he said that since we're doing this for academic purposes, it might be okay... It's probably not. It's like emulators. Anyway, there's that. Also, maybe transnational stuff with Joe Madueira, but I have no idea how I'm going to get sources that truly say that other than "feels" of Joe Mad's work being manga influenced.

TL;DR: Hands freezing, need gloves, bought them, didn't want to pay shipping, paid more by buying manga, now owns or will own manga of SBphiloz4 reaction Paras girl pic... thing...

Edit: Kingdom Hearts 2.8's new trailer showing you can customize Aqua's outfit makes me wonder how far KH3 will implement that. Reminds me of Lightning Returns's customization. Also, this makes me wonder what Link's hero tunic will look like if he even has one in BotW. Having multiple versions would be cool like sort of in Hyrule Warriors where you had OoT, TP, SS, etc. outfits and palette swaps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom