• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just learned that pachyderm isn't recognized as an official taxonomical term anymore, and elephants are more closely related to aardvarks then they are to rhinos and hippos. I love science.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm getting Bravely Second for Christmas and I'm hype
I've been meaning to get it forever
Magically I've avoided any and all spoilers
  • This game is harder than Default. I forgot where it was, but I found a comparison of the enemy stats between Default and Second. So Easy on Second is equal to Normal on Default, Normal on Second equals Hard on Default, and Hard on Second surpasses anything on Default. But stick with what you used in Default since you already have a basis on how to play the game so it shouldn't feel too much harder if you play on the same difficulty.
  • The job balance is much better. All of the OP stuff from the last game was for the most part removed or nerfed (including some not-OP stuff for some reason). All of the new jobs feel really solid but only 1 feels OP, and it's only because of 1 ability on it. Magic classes, especially Summoner, feel really good now. The only job I'd even consider bad is Templar, who was mostly unchanged.
  • You should be flexible with your jobs. You should probably change them more than you did in Default.
  • You can get every job eventually.
  • Yew has a friend named... I forgot. But you'll eventually reach a point where you'll have 0 guidance on where to go. Check with them. Oh and when you get to that point, you may also want to turn off enemy encounters. Or leave them on for a nice surprise. Your choice.
Overall it's much better imo than Default. I can friend you there if you'd like for Abililink. :]

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
The kind people at Spacebattles did me the favor of Christmas-tizing my avatar.

I added the candy cane myself, though.

What do you think, Lil Puddin Lil Puddin ?

I got that coupon too. I think I'll skip it. I've already got Fate/Extella pre-ordered for Vita, and as far as I'm aware Saber's the only character in that game I'd care about.

In other news, Super Mario Run will be dead upon arrival. Sega tried the whole "Requires Internet Connection to Play Runner" game idea before and it failed miserably.

I'm trying to think of good nicknames for my Moon game; Virtue Virtue may be able to help me. So far my character's name is Faust and my Popplio, in honor of it's final evolution, is Leanansidhe.
I'd be willing to help with names, just tell me whenever. Sorry for the late reply.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to have my breakfast and almost done with some current assessment activities too. Also, since UMvC3 is now on the PS4, I decided to look at some hype matches. And there's one of a player named Iheartjustice who mains Phoenix Wright/Captain America/Doctor Strange, and he's managed to beat FilipinoChamp twice. Both in Winners Bracket and in Losers Finals. It was hype.

Also, I might make a numbered list of the best/worst anime I've seen this year as well. :V

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I'm suddenly having the urge to try and use Palutena once again. :V

Been practicing some combos with her such as NAir > DJ Fair, DThrow > FAir/Turnaround BAir. But then I remember that I can't get use to her extended dash dancing and that her NAir, DAir and UAir are laggy after a SH. :V

It's like I'm trying to bring suffering to myself.
The problem with Palutena is that there are some moves that you just can't use.
Autoreticle, her tilts, down smash.
It's not as bad as Little Mac's aerials at least.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
hi gorls

I can't figure out if this is the best thing or the worst thing so I'll let you decide
Daisy's actually going out with Brawl Wario. Not Sm4sh Wario. :secretkpop:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
  • This game is harder than Default. I forgot where it was, but I found a comparison of the enemy stats between Default and Second. So Easy on Second is equal to Normal on Default, Normal on Second equals Hard on Default, and Hard on Second surpasses anything on Default. But stick with what you used in Default since you already have a basis on how to play the game so it shouldn't feel too much harder if you play on the same difficulty.
  • The job balance is much better. All of the OP stuff from the last game was for the most part removed or nerfed (including some not-OP stuff for some reason). All of the new jobs feel really solid but only 1 feels OP, and it's only because of 1 ability on it. Magic classes, especially Summoner, feel really good now. The only job I'd even consider bad is Templar, who was mostly unchanged.
  • You should be flexible with your jobs. You should probably change them more than you did in Default.
  • You can get every job eventually.
  • Yew has a friend named... I forgot. But you'll eventually reach a point where you'll have 0 guidance on where to go. Check with them. Oh and when you get to that point, you may also want to turn off enemy encounters. Or leave them on for a nice surprise. Your choice.
Overall it's much better imo than Default. I can friend you there if you'd like for Abililink. :]
I'm still upset that they put a cap on big pharma >:|

Is there an easier way to grind for money?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've now gotten around to getting Cosmog (I've given up on getting one with a good Nature).

But I plan on naming it "In the bag". :secretkpop:
Plus, when it evolves, I can trade it for a Lunala anyways.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm still upset that they put a cap on big pharma >:|

Is there an easier way to grind for money?
Uh... I usually just did exp grinding and got a good chunk of money from that. I just used the Fort Grotto method. I've heard stuff about Chompcraft but I felt like it took too long before you could actually make any money off of it.

Oh yeah Burgundy that's another thing, I felt like I needed to exp grind in this game more than Default.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Currently leveling up my Festival Plaza which I've named after the same title that I gave to My Castle in Fire Emblem Fates. :secretkpop:

Corrin and her wife Rhajat would be so proud of me. :V

(Also, my Plaza is now at Lv. 21, just a few more to go before I can enhance my stores at Lv. 30)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This is probably canon and also nsfw maybe.
oopsT - BJN

Lillie is too cheap to buy a pokeball. So just get in the damn bag, Nebby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Okay so I'm SOS chaining Ditto for good IVs right
And I'm like super tired so I end up closing my DS and napping
Then I wake up and just start continuing by clicking the last Ditto that was called
BUT I DIDNT NOTICE UNTIL AFTER I USED THE MOVE THAT IT WAS SHINY
AND IT DIED
SO APPARENTLY
I WAS SO DAMN TIRED THAT I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE A SHINY SHOW UP
imcryinggoodbyeeveryone

Yknow what **** IVs I'm finding it again and I'm gonna give it THE BEST BEANS

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I caught a shiny ditto the other day while trying to do the same thing.

It had limber and a lax nature, so it's not really worth much outside of its color. I wish there was an ability capsule for HAs.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
MFW Mama BJN hacks my post to ban an offensive video whoops my bad secret spoiling canon videos but I also don't have the perfect reaction gif to post in response.
Screenshot_2016-12-11-20-48-34.png

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
MFW Mama BJN hacks my post to ban an offensive video whoops my bad secret spoiling canon videos but I also don't have the perfect reaction gif to post in response.
View attachment 121931
MFW Mama BJN hacks my post to ban
Boop~

Also, it's funny that your booped message by BJN momma is "oopsT".
This is probably canon and also nsfw maybe.
oopsT - BJN

Lillie is too cheap to buy a pokeball. So just get in the damn bag, Nebby.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
If BJN had "boop" instead of oopsT I think I'd be super disappointed for some reason. Speaking of disappointment and things related to Overwatch, the Mercy Meta is something that let's me do my favorite thing to be actually effective at my job. Like, stare at virtual walls while not partaking in any actual gameplay for 10 seconds or so.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to get some more work out for myself and my TA to look through tomorrow morning. Plus along with some documents that I've done in regards to this week. Such as my User Persona and my Detailed Design Brief. Hopefully I've done them correctly.

Also, got my Plaza to Lv. 26. Going to be trying to get the highest ranked Bouncy Houses and hopefully the 5* Rare Kitchen.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Cloud is so much fun Jesus Christ LMAO

When he gets a knockdown or gets the opponent into the air, things just get so ugly really quickly. Plus footsies with him are great fun because hit movement & moves are bae <3

Also got 3rd in both Sm4sh & Melee, Sm4sh I went Cloud all day until Losers Finals Game 3 where I switched to Zelda & taking it to Game 5 against Falcon/DK. Also took Skarfelt to Game 5 with my Cloud so that was cool.

Melee was horrendous though, went to 3 Game 5 situations with players I normally 3-0 cleanly & my hands got numb again in Losers Finals against Baxon. My mentality for the game is complete ass atm so that's the most pressing issue I need to work on within the game.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Cloud is so much fun Jesus Christ LMAO

When he gets a knockdown or gets the opponent into the air, things just get so ugly really quickly. Plus footsies with him are great fun because hit movement & moves are bae <3

Also got 3rd in both Sm4sh & Melee, Sm4sh I went Cloud all day until Losers Finals Game 3 where I switched to Zelda & taking it to Game 5 against Falcon/DK. Also took Skarfelt to Game 5 with my Cloud so that was cool.

Melee was horrendous though, went to 3 Game 5 situations with players I normally 3-0 cleanly & my hands got numb again in Losers Finals against Baxon. My mentality for the game is complete *** atm so that's the most pressing issue I need to work on within the game.
Glad to hear you did make it to Top 3 though in both games. I still need to improve more on my Lucina, I might either switch back to Bowser as my secondary or just do what everyone is doing and pick up Cloud. :V

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just went into Training Mode to practice and get some rust off.

My Training Opponent was Luigi. And he went under Battlefield and ALMOST reached the ledge on the other side. I'm just baffled by that.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just went into Training Mode to practice and get some rust off.

My Training Opponent is Luigi. And he went under Battlefield and ALMOST reached ledge on the other side. I'm just baffled by that.
The AI is what happens when For Fun tactics are used to program characters, but also there's perfect blocking and dodging timing(s).

BTW, has this meme fusion been posted here yet? I imagine it has and I missed it, cuz it's Pyre Emblim and Pogeymans.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The ultimate starter!
All that fabulousness is required to actually fight the most fabulous and toughest person in this game...
Lusadoggo.jpg

I chose Litten, so I will probably die and so will my team. Pls gorls, pray for me and my pogeymons.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to go and have my meeting with my support today and going to check through the workload I have to do this week. Shouldn't be too bad this week.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
The AI is what happens when For Fun tactics are used to program characters, but also there's perfect blocking and dodging timing(s).

BTW, has this meme fusion been posted here yet? I imagine it has and I missed it, cuz it's Pyre Emblim and Pogeymans.

Lariats of increasing discomfort

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just found the PV Trailer for the second season of KonoSuba. I'm looking forward to seeing that air next month. :yeahboi:

Also, I've managed to get the Rare Kitchen (Max Stars) and two of the Bouncy Houses too. I just need the last one them I'm set.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I've been saying Bayo has a high chance of getting herself banned for a while now. Has (basically) nothing to do with her new tech, I ain't expecting much out of it myself.

She just breaks too many of Smash's general design rules, clearly didn't spend enough time in development, with too high of reward for too little of risk. Yes Sheiks are figuring out more and more stuff, as are Diddy's. Bayo is at their level with a fraction of the invested time and total play time in tournaments due to being DLC + set of nerfs. Just, think about that for a moment. How many total man hours Sheik and Diddy have had invested into them: in tournaments, in friendlies, in the lab. Think about how little Bayo has in comparison. And then look at the fact you could very easily say those three are in a class of their own.

I'm certainly not saying she's about to get banned right now, she ain't even #1 atm. I'm saying at the rate things are going, I would completely expect her to get banned in the future unless the Switch version hits her with the nerf hammer again. Just needs the man hours put into her combined with breaking the character design mold.

g u f f a w i n g

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I haven't payed attention to Smash since like June but there's still Bayo discourse?? I thought we'd be over it by now.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I haven't payed attention to Smash since like June but there's still Bayo discourse?? I thought we'd be over it by now.
You underestimate the McCarthyism that video game theorycrafters are capable of

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
You thought the complaints of Bayonetta are over? You'd be heavily disappointed. People think she carries players, like Salem.
Yeah, Salem. You know.
The Apex 2013 Brawl Champion.
Who won the tournament without using MK ICs, Olimar, Marth, Diddy, Snake or Falco.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
One thing you ought to remember in the case of a character like Bayonetta is that, while people haven't had a lot of time to figure out how to use her, people have only had the same amount of time to figure out how to fight her. Characters don't always go up in the tier list the more they're figured out, sometimes new counter strategies or metagame trends can cause them to drop. There's still some room for her to go up as time goes on, but there's a lot of room for her to go down, to.

As long as no character is overcentralizing, we shouldn't be too hasty on calling for bans. If you're having issues with them, ask about the match up - I'm sure Bayo mains could go on and on about her weaknesses, as any good player can about their main.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't know how many people care about this, but it's now possible to play Kirby's Dream Land 3 without wanting to kill yourself. For those who don't know, the physics in Dream Land 3 are incredibly sluggish, especially compared to other titles in the series. One of the biggest problems is that the air speed of Kirby in DL3 is the same as the Smash titles; absolute, utter ****.

However, finally, it's fixed! Kirby's momentum now properly carries between different states (ground to air, air to ground, hover, etc.), just like other games. Here's a comparison, for those interested.

If anybody actually wants this, I can PM you the patch file.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I don't know how many people care about this, but it's now possible to play Kirby's Dream Land 3 without wanting to kill yourself. For those who don't know, the physics in Dream Land 3 are incredibly sluggish, especially compared to other titles in the series. One of the biggest problems is that the air speed of Kirby in DL3 is the same as the Smash titles; absolute, utter ****.

However, finally, it's fixed! Kirby's momentum now properly carries between different states (ground to air, air to ground, hover, etc.), just like other games. Here's a comparison, for those interested.

This actually looks rly cool.

yas pls. Did you mod it?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I swear I really need to stick to one secondary. Since I seem to be leaning back towards Bowser, but then again. I wanna try and use Bayonetta again. It feels like I'm in a constant loop with this. :V

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Ah man I really gotta play through that game for once. I have it on the 20th anniversary disc but I've never got around to playing it cause I'm not much of a console player
Speaking of Kirby, 25th anniversary hype!

Top Bottom