• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wanted to avoid recommending Corrin because s/he's outclasses Lucy as midrange zoning by, like, a lot. Lucy does have the advantage of a better approach, which is kind of big, but overall I worry that Corrin is the sort of character who'd outclass Lucy in most matchups. If anything, Lucy would be a better secondary for a Corn main, since she could do Corrin-ish stuff in a matchup Corrin might hate thanks to her awesome walking speed.

And I wanted to avoid recommending Cloud purely out of bias. I'm sick of Cloud. The world needs more Roys and Palutenas running around, not Clouds.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just want to clarify that Bayonetta's frame data is not bad as a whole: it's her start-up that's bad. Most of her moves actually have pretty low endlag

And please don't approach with Heel Slide. It's super easy to react to and to punish

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I just want to clarify that Bayonetta's frame data is not bad as a whole: it's her start-up that's bad. Most of her moves actually have pretty low endlag

And please don't approach with Heel Slide. It's super easy to react to and to punish
This is online tho, gorl.

You can approach with FW2 online.

:secretkpop:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
luma dies instantly from dair and then rosa gets comboed infinitely because she's too big to escape anything reliably

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Well, my PSAT scores came in this week.

PSAT.PNG

I met the threshold to apply for National Merits Scholarships. Let's hope this work pays off.

:150:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

stuff

I met the threshold to apply for National Merits Scholarships. Let's hope this work pays off.

you probably should edit out your full name in the bottom right

but gj on the scores

i got a 1370 on the sat the one time i took it, but i know i could do better if i had better prepared myself

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
They didn't even spell it right lmao, but I'll go ahead and do it.

But how could anyone misspell "Charlie McFrog"? I have no idea what your name is

I...honestly can't remember my SAT / PSAT scores...or the vast majority of High School, come to think of it. I know it was over 2100 so I was a shoo in for the college I went to when everything else was accounted for, but I don't remember getting that silly yellow rope during graduation that the Merit kids got, so you must have done better than me.

Good Work!

When do you start writing college applications?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
luma dies instantly from dair and then rosa gets comboed infinitely because she's too big to escape anything reliably
The proper reaction when a character wrecks Rosalina, Yoshi, or Cloud:
NLMO.png

But how could anyone misspell "Charlie McFrog"? I have no idea what your name is
Ha name is Greninja, silly. Tho the gorl's nickname is apparently Chainz.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Good job with your PSAT, Chainz.! Seriously, doing well in high school will pay off in college. If not because of the information your learn, but because of the confidence and work ethic you build up along the way.

I remember I did really well on the PSAT myself. I can't remember the exact score, just that it was really good as well. Unfortunately my parents never got around to arranging for me to take an SAT and just ended up deciding I should attend community college without ever actually talking to me about it first. :/

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I just got Overwatch.

Tell me who to main.

I trust you guys with character selection.

EODM07 EODM07 The best secondary for Lucina is Marth.
I use Link with her myself.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I just got Overwatch.

Tell me who to main.

Widowmaker.

Because her horrible Anterior Pelvic Tilt or whatever is going on with her means she's incapable of carrying the team on her back and you can rest easy just striving to be merely adequate.

Like, seriously, how is she not in constant pain with her spine like that?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I just got Overwatch.

Tell me who to main.

Mein evri chareactur
It doesn't really matter tho, just play who you want the first 30-50 levels. I'd say Mercy is good since her playstyle is just following people, so you can see how they use characters, what does and doesn't work, etc. Also if the enemy team is even semi-decent they'll be hunting you down endlessly so you learn how to position and just survive in general better.

If it's PC u should play with Puddin and I. And also FullMoon whenever that gorl's online.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
stardavid.png
crowneddavid.png

flowerdavid.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I just got Overwatch.

Tell me who to main.

EODM07 EODM07 The best secondary for Lucina is Marth.
I use Link with her myself.
I would say start with the basics and practice with the characters that interest you the most on the Training Bots.

My favorite characters tho:
Ice Gorl
Mama Mercy
Sassmetra
Sassbra
McCowboy
Radhog
Hunkrat
Nana

ScottFalco has a kinda-sorta-guide-series of lulz for certain characters up so far. NSFW language but not visually NSFW I guess.
Hiker David was almost as hot as the Trial Captain.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Feel a bit bloated today, so I've just had my breakfast. Going to work on more of my stuff and hopefully get it all done by this week. Fingers crossed. Also glad to see how everyone has been helpful on suggesting some alternat characters to use. Thanks! <3

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Went to a Dublin Melee weekly yesterday with Mint, hot off playing like **** on Saturday, but I've managed to get the break I've been looking for for a while by double eliminating Baxon in WS & LFs 3-2 & 3-1 respectfully. Got bodied by Mint in WFs & GFs mind but he's a much better player than I am. Looking hopeful for 2017 for me & Mint for Smash & the ROI Melee scene since a few are on the come up (Leck & Lupin especially).

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Went to a Dublin Melee weekly yesterday with Mint, hot off playing like **** on Saturday, but I've managed to get the break I've been looking for for a while by double eliminating Baxon in WS & LFs 3-2 & 3-1 respectfully. Got bodied by Mint in WFs & GFs mind but he's a much better player than I am. Looking hopeful for 2017 for me & Mint for Smash & the ROI Melee scene since a few are on the come up (Leck & Lupin especially).
Best of luck.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Dunno why. But I've been thinking of this concept for a VGC Team. Dunno whether it'll be useful or not, but thought I'd just ask for your opinions on it. :V

Aerodactyl
Sitrus Berry/Rockinium Z
Pressure
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SDef
Tailwind
Sky Drop
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Protect

Araquanid
Mystic Water/Insect Plate
Water Bubble
Adamant/Brave
252 Atk/200 HP/56 Def
Wide Guard
Lunge/Leech Life
Liquidation
Protect

Salazzle
Focus Sash
Corrosion
Timid
252 SAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
Toxic
Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
Flamethrower
Protect

Mimikyu
Leftovers
Disguise
Adamant
252 Atk/128 Spe/100 Def/28 HP
Trick Room
Play Rough
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance/Protect

Arcanine
Firium Z/Electrium Z
Intimidate
Impish/Careful
(Bold) : 252 HP/56 Def/200 SDef (Careful) : 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Snarl
Burn Up/Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Protect

For alternate choices I got the following in my mind:

Tapu Fini
Misty Seed
Misty Surge
Impish/Modest/Calm

Substitute
Soak
Scald
Moonblast

Tapu Bulu
Life Orb
Grassy Surge
Adamant/Impish
(Adamant) 252 Atk/252 HP/4 SDef (Impish) 200 Def/252 HP/56 Atk
Protect
Horn Leech
Wood Hammer
Stone Edge

Nihilego
Weakness Policy
Beast Boost
Timid
252 SAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
Reflect
Power Gem
Sludge Bomb
Protect

Muk (Alola)
Figy Berry
Gluttony/Power of Alchemy
Adamant
252 Atk/200 Def/28 HP/28 SDef
Knock Off
Poison Jab
Protect
Rock Slide

Thoughts gorls?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
if you're gonna run salazzle in VGC, might as well make it run poison gas.

no

First of all posion gas is too weak to use on a frail pokemon like salazzle second of all if you are going to break walls you might as well abuse that speed stat and give her taunt so she can make good use of stopping things like ouranguru teams that rely on trick room

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
no

First of all poison gas is too weak to use on a frail pokemon like salazzle second of all if you are going to break walls you might as well abuse that speed stat and give her taunt so she can make good use of stopping things like ouranguru teams that rely on trick room
I did check and there are some Orangurus that run Mental Herb to prevent from getting Taunted. Which is why I have Aerodactyl with Sky Drop there, so I can prevent them from setting up too. Or does the opponent have to be lighter than Aerodactyl for it to work properly?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I did check and there are some Orangurus that run Mental Herb to prevent from getting Taunted. Which is why I have Aerodactyl with Sky Drop there, so I can prevent them from setting up too. Or does the opponent have to be lighter than Aerodactyl for it to work properly?
well the thing with sky drop is that why even run it when you can disable a pokemon or just kill it however with mental herb i just do not know how the timing of that item works. Sky drop only gives you one turn of stalling for only 60 bp on a mon without technician.

on unrelated note Alolan Muk and Togedemaru are actually pretty viable in vgc due to their ability to be a disruptor

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
well the thing with sky drop is that why even run it when you can disable a pokemon or just kill it however with mental herb i just do not know how the timing of that item works. Sky drop only gives you one turn of stalling for only 60 bp on a mon without technician.

on unrelated note Alolan Muk and Togedemaru are actually pretty viable in vgc due to their ability to be a disruptor
True. I do have Mimikyu there to act as a way to stop Trick Room. Since from what I remember, most Orangurus always set up TR. So having Mimikyu set it up first would seem to be good, but then probably predictable.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know I'm one of few, but I'm really disappointed there's no Rotation Battles in S/M. It was actually my favorite format. I need to fill the void by making a super, super gimmicky doubles team after Pokebank opens up. Maybe...

Eevee @ Evium Z or whatever its called
252 HP / 252 Speed
Jolly / Adaptability
- Last Resort (Extreme Evo Boost)
- Baton Pass
- Baby Doll Eyes
- Quick Attack

Metagross @ Megagrossium or whatever its called
Whatever EVs / Nature
- Psych Up
- Stab
- Coverage
- Coverage

Pachirisu, Destroyer of VGC @ Whatever item
Whatever EVs / Nature
- Follow Me
- Super Fang
- Nuzzle
- Helping Hand

*Insert Baton Pass Receiver of some sort here, probably a legendary like Tapu Bulu or something*

Pachirisu diverts the attention, Eevee sets up, then baton passes. Mega Metagross, when it comes out, can then copy the receiver's stats with Psych Up and get +2/+2/+2/+2/+2 as well.

It's extremely stupid and I don't see it working that reliably, but hey, it'll be really fun when it does.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ok GORLS it's time.

I'm about to beat on the 8th gym leader in the Kanto region.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
no

First of all posion gas is too weak to use on a frail pokemon like salazzle second of all if you are going to break walls you might as well abuse that speed stat and give her taunt so she can make good use of stopping things like ouranguru teams that rely on trick room
The gorl was already running toxic on ha, and posioning half the team in one term regardless of type is pretty sweet deal to me. It's not like Salazzle has any good coverage moves to run.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
The 8th gym was super easy, no deaths.

I have to train my Pokemon 30 more levels to be able to compete with Red... So it might be a while.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
HOLY MAGIKARP I JUST REALIZED HOW CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS IT IS

Like I knew it was December this whole time and I was seeing Christmas stuff and whatnot but I was so caught up in finals and whatnot that it never really hit me until just now.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hate this weather. It's so cold.

'N, I don't remember if I ever watched 101 Dalmatians. I remember watching the cartoon series, though.

Apparently, BotW will be showing its world until the game's released which is cool, but also not. Personally, I'd like to be surprised, however, if the game is as big as they say it is, then maybe what they tease will be a fraction of what's in the game. Edit: I have no idea where I read about that and it's kind of being done already. Oh, and speaking of cold places and BotW, I wonder if there will be snow boots or cleats you can wear to increase your traction while walking on ice.

Also, SFV's season 2's beta was accidentally released on Steam. Hooray, early access to Akuma and seeing changes to the game.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
ok so im 202/302 in the Alolan Pokedex. Filling the pokedex is always the most fun part of the game after completing the story. anyways i think i'll be brainstorming some ideas for a vgc2017 team to work on after i complete the pokedex. I'm already thinking of a Muk/Togedemaru/Tapu Bulu Core that has that sweet anti meta of the first two while still letting the two survive earthquakes with grassy terrain

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to post some work that I've done onto the University and then probably read through the rest of Book 3 out of the 6. Also working on that VGC Team I mentioned on Showdown!, trying to think of a 6th member to add as well.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
If u need to purify your soul from any negativity watch this:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Currently practicing Mario right now. Since if I'm going to have a secondary, might as well go with one that is beginner friendly.

Also, I've decided to check the winning team of VGC 2017 that happened at the London Internationals.
And it seems the winning team was Tapu Koko, Celesteela, Gigalith, Garchomp, Gastrodon and Arcanine.

Top Bottom