• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Dark Pit is literally if Sakurai were an angsty middle schooler with a Deviantart account

I mean so is Wolf but that's someone else's deviantart OC

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Oh, actually @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd I do have a legitimate Doc question: Can Dr. Tornado do this?

Here I go using the Zelda social thread to ask questions about Dr. Mario
No it can not, but Luigi's can't kill the heaviest character in the game at sub 90% when used as an edgeguard if they don't go high ;).

Also Doc has a cape for icky gimping. Really tho Luigi is better than both Mario's and this is just more evidence as to why, really.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hey at least Wolf has an eye patch. Eye patches make everything cool. Or at least relatively salvageable.

What does Darkz Pit have? BLACK WINGS? Bish go back to Square Enix.

Hey at least Wolf has an eye patch. Eye patches make everything cool. Or at least relatively salvageable.

What does Darkz Pit have? BLACK WINGS? Bish go back to Square Enix.
He has the coolest lines

"Looks like I'm the last man standing! :^)"

"Where's your goddess now?"

I'm also a fan of "GRHH, ELECTROSHOCK"
"Nice try!"

Man why do all of the Kid Icarus characters have such QUALITY lines

I can't bring myself to play Palutena when she says things like "You shall be purified~"

Spirst

I love using the Bullet Bill as Dark Pit then when the stylish landing animation ends, I land and utaunt, "Who wants some?"

So much edge holy ****

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
As if that wasn't bad enough, Paulatuna's hair flip is just as useless as Zelda's.
Like what is the point even? YOU AREN'T ACCOMPLISHING ANYTHING, your hair is one big weave.

>Playing with items on

smh
>memearrows

I shiggy diggy doo in the year 2012 m80, toplel

no but seriously the only items that should be on ever are gust bellows, fans, beetles, and bumpers

As if that wasn't bad enough, Paulatuna's hair flip is just as useless as Zelda's.
Like what is the point even? YOU AREN'T ACCOMPLISHING ANYTHING, your hair is one big weave.
ratchet ass weave smh

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
More like you wish anything happened in the Falco boards amirite
Drownin' my sorrows, bub... If only things were different...

I love using the Bullet Bill as Dark Pit then when the stylish pinning animation ends, I land and utaunt, "Who wants some?"

So much edge holy ****
Falco's Side Taunt is now, "Get some." If you've played Jak X: Combat Racing, then you know why I don't like it. EVERYTIME SOMEONE DIED OR WHATEVER DURING THE RACES, EVERYONE WOULD SAY, "Get some!". It was so annoying and repetitive since everyone, EVERYONE, had the same damn line. Seriously, would it have killed them to give them different lines like, Sig could say, "Burn, chili pepper!", or something.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Omg I love you for posting a Carrotblanca gif.

Also, Palutena also says "Too bad for you" as a victory taunt. I mean what the hell, what are you thirteen?!

Edit: I didn't mean to offend our resident thirteen year olds :'D...

Last edited:
I just wish they had kept Fox and Falco's Brawl VAs

Falco sounds so uninterested in everything and I mean "get some" is a bad line

Fox sounds like Mandark wtf

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I like new Falco over nasaly Boston accent Falco. Although Old Brawl Fox was much better.

Best Falco = Melee, then 4, then Brawl
Best Fox = Melee, 64, Brawl, 4.

Just IMO. Although 4 Fox is godlike because he's so BAD it's GREAT

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Fox sounds like "that" kid who you'd always avoid sitting next to in the Middle School cafeteria.

Last edited:
But... hands off my bread was a goat line...

In terms of design, or voices? Cause if its designs its

Fox: Melee > 64 > Brawl = 4
Falco: Melee > Brawl = 4

Melee voices are like equal to Brawl, then 4 is just bottom of the barrel, get outta here with that daycare puppet show-tier voice acting

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Dark Pit needs to go back to Hot Topic (is that even what's edgy now? lmao idk) and buy a new moveset tbh

& Fox sounds like he's being AGGRESSIVELY assaulted by Dark Pit's edginess

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

Melee voices are like equal to Brawl, then 4 is just bottom of the barrel, get outta here with that daycare puppet show-tier voice acting
I guess you could say, shots have been FIREEE-d :troll:

I was going to say, it sounds more like someone is squeezing Fox's balls a little bit too hard and I think FIRE might be the designated safety word.
But hey that's just a theory, a game theory.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
To be fair, Falco is the kind of guy you'd imagine would sound uninterested with most things. I actually prefer his voice in this game than the one in Brawl.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I like new Falco over nasaly Boston accent Falco. Although Old Brawl Fox was much better.

Best Falco = Melee, then 4, then Brawl
Best Fox = Melee, 64, Brawl, 4.

Just IMO. Although 4 Fox is godlike because he's so BAD it's GREAT
The sad part is that Mike West sounded fine in Star Fox 64 and 64 3D, but sounds annoying in SSB4.

Listening to Mike Madeoy, I kind of wonder what if would been like if he voiced Falco in Brawl since Dex Manley voice Falco in Brawl instead of Madeoy. Madeoy doesn't sound like he's forcing the accent unlike Manley at times. Same with Wolf; Grant Goodeve voiced him in Assault while Jay Ward voiced him in Brawl. Have fun with your left ear.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

The weird thing is that aside from Adventures where he left Star Fox and in Assault where he grew to like, 6ft, became skinny, and wore red armor, Falco didn't really change that much. He had a "mohawk" in 64 (3D) and Melee, "slicked-back hair" starting in Adventures and onwards, slightly different sleeves in Brawl and SSB4, and extra details like a scouter and greaves on his boots. Otherwise, Falco's design pretty much stayed the same from 64.

Both the render and concept art of Falco are just updates of Falco's design in Star Fox 64.

I would have loved Falco's Adventures outfit to be an alt. Falco was part of a gang and it would have been cool to play as gangster Falco.

Personally, I like the cleaner, less armed and armored look in the Star Fox games. Sure, they should have things like their Reflectors and Blaster holsters on, but I don't think they need those scouters or greaves. It was said that they have cybernetic legs or they could integrate them more cleanly than having extra stuff on. It's weird since a lot of characters became truer to their designs like the Mario characters are more cartoony, Marth looks up to date, Ike is literally his updated Radiant Dawn design, Mega Man is Mega Man, and etc. unlike in Brawl where things took a grittier, edgy turn. I would have liked Fox and Falco to be less armored looking like Fox could just be either his Command look or his 64 look, but updated to have his Command facial structure or something. I guess I just like simple and clean looks instead of stuff like Cloud in Kingdom Hearts 1. Jaysus, those were a lot of belts and bandages.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Realistically when Zelda is falling the banner thing in the front of her dress should flap up and block Zelda's vision. It's why Zelda doesn't need good landing options.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
What is Fuujean tho? :upsidedown:
(I know about Fuujin and the snatching wigs stuff but I don't know much more)
probably the only beloved banned person that's a part of the forums
Oh, actually @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd I do have a legitimate Doc question: Can Dr. Tornado do this?

Here I go using the Zelda social thread to ask questions about Dr. Mario
Luigi's D special has auto link angles that cause that semi spike to happen (if he lands the last hit of it, it will send opponents up and out instead), the doc instead just has more hitboxes that aren't auto link. In other words it's easier to connect with doc off stage but it won't semi spike like that
"Nice try!"

Man why do all of the Kid Icarus characters have such QUALITY lines

I can't bring myself to play Palutena when she says things like "You shall be purified~"
you should here all the dumb names we've given her final smash among my friends. I think "watch this, mega gasm" is a personal favorite

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So this is how I'm currently playing smash. A Mario controller into a Luigi controller. Sorry for the accidental shipping.

Top Bottom