• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Jesus Christ. Pacman needs more killing options. His b-air should hit so much harder :/. My boyfriend is trying to main him but I find him increasingly disappointed at how I get to 180% and none of his attacks actually inflict considerable knockback.
Well he has the hydrant, key, smashes, Bthrow, and I think that's it.
fixed. Its not easy easy to kill as pacman but I mean you can get offstage kills and at 120 most characters can die from key

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The fire hydrant to Pacman is like Farore's Wind to Zelda, both have their metagame centered around one special move.

And that's incredibly unfortunate.

Latte

Smash Ace
I've recently been playing FG 2vs2 matches as Zelda, and oh my gosh, I can't believe how much I suck during 2vs2 matches. How are you even supposed to string attacks together in all of the chaos? The few kills I got were from blindly FWing into the fray, which isn't exactly a reliable way of killing people.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I've recently been playing FG 2vs2 matches as Zelda, and oh my gosh, I can't believe how much I suck during 2vs2 matches. How are you even supposed to string attacks together in all of the chaos? The few kills I got were from blindly FWing into the fray, which isn't exactly a reliable way of killing people.
Yeah, I can totally sympathize. It's been such a struggle using Zelda in 2v2s, even more than 1v1s (and that's saying something). But you're doing FG 2v2 with no team attack. If you play with team attack, I strongly advise you to teach your partner to get in the habit of shielding whenever he hears Zelda's Up B, no matter how far away she is. Things don't get pretty when they don't, even if the Zelda is trying to be careful not to hit her partner.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Yeah, I can totally sympathize. It's been such a struggle using Zelda in 2v2s, even more than 1v1s (and that's saying something). But you're doing FG 2v2 with no team attack. If you play with team attack, I strongly advise you to teach your partner to get in the habit of shielding whenever he hears Zelda's Up B, no matter how far away she is. Things don't get pretty when they don't, even if the Zelda is trying to be careful not to hit her partner.
When I play team with my friend on his Wii U, we both pick Dedede for lulz. Teh scrubs can't handle him. :p

But yeah, Zelda sucks 2v2. Or more so than everybody else. Strings are nearly impossibly yes, because the Ness' on there are too busy PK thundering themselves.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I went onto 1 v 1 today as Falcon.
The other started as another character but eventually we both were Falcon and we were just doing Falcon Punch matches the whole time.
Falcon dittos are the best.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Didn't we say like 100 pages ago (ie 2 weeks ago just because of how active we are lol) that Doubles Zelda is love and life though? :p

I do personally prefer 1v1 Zelda though.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I think in 2v2 we just should focus on single hits and waiting to Ferrari's wind into the fray to break up the fight and throw everybody off. stock tanking for Ferrari's Wind. even with team attack your partner can just shield.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I think in 2v2 we just should focus on single hits and waiting to Ferrari's wind into the fray to break up the fight and throw everybody off. stock tanking for Ferrari's Wind. even with team attack your partner can just shield.
Ferrari's wind though XD
I feel like this game is suited for dubs though, more chars are viable in dubs

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
This game definitely works better with Doubles (singles are for the MOST part playable barring some dumb too ez chars like Diddy who I think isn't overpowered but rather too rewarding for how little it takes). Like, beyond ez chars it's really not poorly balanced in the character strength subsets. Naturally chars are gonna be harder and/or easier but I feel like Diddy breaks all rules of logic. A character who's that efficient should be like, mid tier to offset how he's, well, IMO, a bit too easy.

Granted you can ascend to the next level of Diddy like ZeRo and actually go somewhere interesting with him, dunno.

Doubles are the **** tho and my middle tiered character becomes the king of Wombo Combos because Doc's D-Throw is weird in that I could never DI it when I tried testing in training (really good angle I GUESS)

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I neeed tips/practice for doubles. Me and my friend only get to fight level 9s online because no one else can. I usually use Zelda or Robin for doubles, but it's a struggle. Seaweed hair works too

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
ALSO main reason Doc's D-Throw is wombo in Doubles is because it has a godlike angle as I just found out. 80 Degrees. Guess what else had that angle.... bum bum bummm

NTSC Melee Sheik : O

D

Deleted member

You seem to have left out the small detail that you would troll me and take everything I held dear. Of course my Ike attacked, I was defending what you were going to push me away from whether I would have fought or not. Also you were the only one I would attack. :awesome:

Yes, grass and water phases of Pokémon Stadium 1 were my favorite parts of the stage back in Brawl, and I would be a happy Twi splashing gleefully in the water. And then Dan. I'm not sure exactly how it played out, but I distinctly remember there being a bait to the ledge, my Ike bthrowing his Peach, and then a well-aimed dair spike. I wasn't sure whether to be proud of my spike or reflect on fighting against my friend and not for my friend.

it was worth it though.
#Brawl Memories.
I'M YOUR FRIEND, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FIGHTING FOR ME. I was the playful little troll in the Brawl Online Social/Thing and I'd troll just about everyone and I'd get my ass kicked for it xD WHAT IF I WANTED TO SPLASH TOO? WE COULD HAVE HAD A POOL PARTY BUT NOOOOOOO YOU HAD TO SLAUGHTER ME.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
That'd be great honestly! A little experience is better then none. What do you have in mind? You can Pm more or whatever, if you want.
If you can find a partner then we can do some dubs and see what you need help with
Or I could be your partner and I'll ask my friends if they want to play
Or we can play against cpus if you want

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
If you can find a partner then we can do some dubs and see what you need help with
Or I could be your partner and I'll ask my friends if they want to play
Or we can play against cpus if you want
I have my friend as a partner so you can tell us how well we actually do together, but if you have two other people willing to work with each other then I would love to play as your partner some too, if that's okay? Just to pinpoint problems and things c:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Wolfie if you're on WiiU we can coordinate a teams night if you want me to team with you and show you Doc Wombo (if that's even possible on WITH FRIENDS)

NOTE: I HAVE ZERO DOUBLES EXPERIENCE BUT JUST TRUST ME I'M SECRETLY THE BEST

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Wolfie if you're on WiiU we can coordinate a teams night if you want me to team with you and show you Doc Wombo (if that's even possible on WITH FRIENDS)

NOTE: I HAVE ZERO DOUBLES EXPERIENCE BUT JUST TRUST ME I'M SECRETLY THE BEST
XD I'll add you then my NNID is wolfie9090
Show me the way of the wombo
I have my friend as a partner so you can tell us how well we actually do together, but if you have two other people willing to work with each other then I would love to play as your partner some too, if that's okay? Just to pinpoint problems and things c:
I'm sorry for the late response, I'll add you and just tell me whenever you want to play! Since you have a partner, I'll bring my trusted doubles partner. But she's never available during this time of day :3 We can do singles now if you want, or two-on-ones, or me and @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd can team up against your team. If you guys are still there ;;

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
PSAS was also best at teams cause singles could be really lame due to free characters and FFA was FFA lol. Maybe brawler titles work best in teams of 2

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I love my new sig.

Cause @ BJN39 BJN39 is awesome.
Lol I'm on my mobile (which doesn't show sigs.) so I had to jump to your profile to view it. (Since you can view FULL signatures there. #RelevantInformation)

Was not disappointed. <3

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
XD I'll add you then my NNID is wolfie9090
Show me the way of the wombo

I'm sorry for the late response, I'll add you and just tell me whenever you want to play! Since you have a partner, I'll bring my trusted doubles partner. But she's never available during this time of day :3 We can do singles now if you want, or two-on-ones, or me and @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd can team up against your team. If you guys are still there ;;
I would now, but time zones >.< I'll PM you when he and I are available though, is that okay? He's in school, and I'm supposed to be doing school too xD

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
*looks back at Mocha's profile again*

Now waiT,

Birthday: August 10?! That's just 2 days before my birthday! :D

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ Fireemblemfreak Fireemblemfreak
Don't worry, your time will come. And when it does, just be careful ok? Also, word of advice, if the man you like has a girlfriend and is in a happy relationship, don't mess with it ok? Having girls slobber all around you when you are in a relationship is absolutely no fun, at least in my experience. I hate it when girls try to make a move on me! I want to kill them!

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
@ Fireemblemfreak Fireemblemfreak
Don't worry, your time will come. And when it does, just be careful ok? Also, word of advice, if the man you like has a girlfriend and is in a happy relationship, don't mess with it ok? Having girls slobber all around you when you are in a relationship is absolutely no fun, at least in my experience. I hate it when girls try to make a move on me! I want to kill them!
Okay xD Thanks

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
B-boyfriend..? I want one of those..

Edit: OKAY I FOUND THIS WHEN LOOKING FOR SIMPLE AND CLEAN EARILER FOR THAT REFRENCE AND THE GIRL IS SO GOOD WHAT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5rIpOmuD7U
Utada Hikaru is bae. <3
Well damn. Now I know that I want to spend this day off playing Kingdom Hearts, but the question is.. do I finish playing KH: Re:Coded even though it's terrible so that I can get Dream Drop Distance eventually (finally) without breaking the chronology, or do I play KH HD 1.5 Final Mix for the PS3 that I recently got? Decisions...
I really want to get DreamDrop though....

I'M YOUR FRIEND, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FIGHTING FOR ME. I was the playful little troll in the Brawl Online Social/Thing and I'd troll just about everyone and I'd get my *** kicked for it xD WHAT IF I WANTED TO SPLASH TOO? WE COULD HAVE HAD A POOL PARTY BUT NOOOOOOO YOU HAD TO SLAUGHTER ME.

Don't give me that face. You weren't allowed because you would kick me out of it. If you had just asked nicely and splashed alongside me instead of trying to kill me, we wouldn't have had any problems.

Also, December birthday huuuhu.
Ice Queen status.. my friends have given it to me.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Was supposed to be an early December baby, but I decided to enter the world a few weeks early, and in November. ccc:

Top Bottom