• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
There's only one way out for you now.

This puzzle isn't even solvable, there's 2 2's in the middle row.
How is the guy even dead if he didn't Sudoku correctly wtf is this witchery

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I have to watch people's ads for student office.

Someone did a face swap with dollar bills

Everyone is doing a dab

So many Memes

So much random humor

So much bad editing

Please end my suffering

:150:
This is the one we made in high school.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I don't even like the fps genre but TF2 was by far the most addicting game I've ever played, both casually and competitively. Put over 3000(!) hours into it, don't remember why I quit (probably because friends quit, though I kind of disliked some of the newer weapons).

I haven't been following Overwatch at all but "better than TF2" sounds like something of interest to me.

Too bad I've been having computer problems...haven't been able to play Blazblue in a month either because of that aaaaaaaaaa
I'm not sure if I'd say that Overwatch is better than TF2 in its heyday but it's certainly more enjoyable than the bizarro world that TF2 is now, where Heavy gets nerfed and Sticky changes get reverted in weeks.

I'm not too keen on the gameplay myself either and I'm not too interested in it either. Funny that this is coming from someone who plays TF2.
I guess it's because it... doesn't feel like an FPS to me, it looks more like a mixture of different things. And that I feel like there may be too many heroes/classes to choose from. So that is probably what is also turning me away from it too.
Game is a huge combination of FPS tropes. All of the characters are different takes on pre-existing things (Hanzo is a Huntsman Sniper but he has dragon powers, Soldier: 76 is a modern military FPS soldier, Mercy is the Medic with a revive and a low CD dash, etc) while keeping true to the sort of arena-shooter pacing TF2 has. The variety of all the classes keeps the game varied and fresh, and further develops the loadout strategy stuff that TF2 sort of has. It's a smorgisboard of fun stuff and it's really well refined.

If you're still skeptical about the game you should try it out, it's ****ing awesome.

Also Lucio is amazing and if you like supports you will love him.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
This puzzle isn't even solvable, there's 2 2's in the middle row.
How is the guy even dead if he didn't Sudoku correctly wtf is this witchery
There were too many twos to live.

Such is the reality of committing sudoku. A single mistake will bring shame down on you and your family, costing you your life.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Game is a huge combination of FPS tropes. All of the characters are different takes on pre-existing things (Hanzo is a Huntsman Sniper but he has dragon powers, Soldier: 76 is a modern military FPS soldier, Mercy is the Medic with a revive and a low CD dash, etc) while keeping true to the sort of arena-shooter pacing TF2 has. The variety of all the classes keeps the game varied and fresh, and further develops the loadout strategy stuff that TF2 sort of has. It's a smorgisboard of fun stuff and it's really well refined.

If you're still skeptical about the game you should try it out, it's ****ing awesome.

Also Lucio is amazing and if you like supports you will love him.
Eh. Still not sold on it, I've seen footage of the game. And I'm still gonna pass on it. I'd get the beta, but again; I'll pass on that too. :V (Plus, the only other game I've played that was by Blizzard was World of Warcraft for about 30 minutes. I got bored of it really quick, and I think I may get bored of Overwatch real quick as well.)

I'll stick with my 8 year old online shooter and go DemoKnighting. :yeahboi:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
How've all you gorls been? Can't wait for summer to come around so I can go to tournaments with adequate sleep and actually do well. If bracket starts around 7 (after I've been awake for 13 hours) and won't be over until around midnight and then I have to get up early again the next day, clearly there are some issues with me going most the time.

In the meantime, I'm trying to save up my money for KOF XIV and FFXV (RIP wallet). Been playing a lot of Just Cause 3 to get by until then, because that game is massive and relaxing. Probably a game I would play again. Would recommend.

Also I've been playing almost nothing but :4zelda:lately, so the rest of my characters have accumulated some hardcore rust. If any of you would like to help me derust tonight after my sister's graduation, I'd be glad.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Nice signature Mocha Mocha
Thanks, the whole sig-making thing is kinda gimmicky to me, since I'm pretty limited in my options. One of these days I'm gonna sit down and read through a Photoshop/Gimp guide. With a massive mug of coffee to keep my sanity in check.

I can also not stress enough how hard it is to find good male Corrin art. Female Corrin forever the waifu.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Sure, we should play sometime this week. Do you use the Zelda Skype group btw?
I may only be available at terrible hours. Like midnight EST.

I have a Skype, but don'T associateT with that filthy Skype grewpT ;)) :secretkpop:

Eh. Still not sold on it, I've seen footage of the game. And I'm still gonna pass on it. I'd get the beta, but again; I'll pass on that too. :V (Plus, the only other game I've played that was by Blizzard was World of Warcraft for about 30 minutes. I got bored of it really quick, and I think I may get bored of Overwatch real quick as well.)

I'll stick with my 8 year old online shooter and go DemoKnighting. :yeahboi:
Seeing footage of a game =/= experiencing the game

You shouldn't judge a game solely based on footage you've seen, because after all video games are an interactive media, not a movie.

Plus you know, the beta is free so there's no reason for you to judge it without playing it.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ok, here's the important question

who's the Scout in Overwatch?

i just checked and my graphics card doesn't meet minimum requirements oops

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Man everyone is talking about Overwatch and I still can't play it cuz weak PC and no money.
Feel kinda left out lol.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Seeing footage of a game =/= experiencing the game

You shouldn't judge a game solely based on footage you've seen, because after all video games are an interactive media, not a movie.

Plus you know, the beta is free so there's no reason for you to judge it without playing it.
I definitely agree with that. Since that is pretty much not giving the game a fair chance.

Guess the reason I'm judging it is probably because I tried out World of Warcraft years ago (The 30 Day Trial version). And I got bored of it pretty quickly, so I just stopped playing WoW and jumped back to TF2. So maybe that's why I'm being skeptical about Overwatch, since I'm concerned that I'll get bored of it really quickly.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
There's no reason not to try it, considering it's free for the entire weekend.

ok, here's the important question

who's the Scout in Overwatch?

i just checked and my graphics card doesn't meet minimum requirements oops
Tracer is pretty close.

Assassin/high mobility/fragile.

Although lazer pistols aren't really that similar to the scattergun they function with a really similar gameplan.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Does any Zelda wanna help me and test something? I was thinking about the frame advantage after Dthrow for NAir (which is far larger than for UAir) and then what kind of following was possible to connect the NAir.

Now obviously the advantage is good enough where Zelda can start a dash behind her so that she can move behind her far enough to catch good, outward DI and still get NAir at low percents.

By the time NAir is "hard" to land, I believe opponents will be receiving "maximum" hitstun possible from Dthrow. (iirc you can air dodge cancel hitstun after 40F of hitstun) The maximum advantage after Dthrow would then be ~22F (which is a jumpsquatc, NAir and 10 extra frames)

1/6 of a second.

In 10 frames, Zelda could get a DJ in, or position better vs good DI. I'm mostly wondering if this is enough time for Zelda to be able to effectively move outwards more, and or, gain improved height, that would allow her to Dthrow > NAir for longer/vs good DI longer than we would consider.

I don't have a second person irl to help me test that, but if anyone can do so with a buddy off of wifi, I'd super appreciate it. For science!

Does any Zelda wanna help me and test something? I was thinking about the frame advantage after Dthrow for NAir (which is far larger than for UAir) and then what kind of following was possible to connect the NAir.

Now obviously the advantage is good enough where Zelda can start a dash behind her so that she can move behind her far enough to catch good, outward DI and still get NAir at low percents.

By the time NAir is "hard" to land, I believe opponents will be receiving "maximum" hitstun possible from Dthrow. (iirc you can air dodge cancel hitstun after 40F of hitstun) The maximum advantage after Dthrow would then be ~22F (which is a jumpsquatc, NAir and 10 extra frames)

1/6 of a second.

In 10 frames, Zelda could get a DJ in, or position better vs good DI. I'm mostly wondering if this is enough time for Zelda to be able to effectively move outwards more, and or, gain improved height, that would allow her to Dthrow > NAir for longer/vs good DI longer than we would consider.

I don't have a second person irl to help me test that, but if anyone can do so with a buddy off of wifi, I'd super appreciate it. For science!
We could've tested this months ago, you know, when I asked you ;~;

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
So I'm doing that kind of old nostalgic internet browsing (everyone's done it a few times right?) and I'm finding newgrounds videos that I remember seeing when I was younger. Needless to say, a lot of the stuff I found entertaining back then is incredibly cringeworthy now.

Anyone remember this one? I cringed all over.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
confirmed my graphics card sucks too much for overwatch

rip me

have been watching some videos of it though, I'll probably grab it when/if I get a better computer (no immediate plans for this though). Tracer, D.Va, Lucio, and somewhat Mercy look cool. While Mercy reminds me of TF2 medic, the lack of overheal/ubercharge are a real turnoff (also her voice is annoying as **** imo), but maybe I'd still like her.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
confirmed my graphics card sucks too much for overwatch

rip me

have been watching some videos of it though, I'll probably grab it when/if I get a better computer (no immediate plans for this though). Tracer, D.Va, Lucio, and somewhat Mercy look cool. While Mercy reminds me of TF2 medic, the lack of overheal/ubercharge are a real turnoff (also her voice is annoying as **** imo), but maybe I'd still like her.
On the plus side. The whole VAC Ban wave happened on TF2 about a week ago.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Objective fun tier list

Most fun: Lucio, Mercy, Roadhog, Bastion

Really enjoyable: D.va, Zenyatta, Reinhardt

Cool dudes: Zarya, Junkrat, Reaper, Tracer, Old Boy 76

Haven't really touched: Pharrah, McCree, Winston, Mei, Symmetra

Boring: Widowmaker, Hanzo, Genji, Torjborn

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Objective fun tier list

Most fun: Lucio, Mercy, Roadhog, Bastion

Really enjoyable: D.va, Zenyatta, Reinhardt

Cool dudes: Zarya, Junkrat, Reaper, Tracer, Old Boy 76

Haven't really touched: Pharrah, McCree, Winston, Mei, Symmetra

Boring: Widowmaker, Hanzo, Genji, Torjborn
Which one is the pink evangelion suit girl with the mecha she tosses around and explodes for massive KO points?

As someone whose only really ever liked rail shooters, Golden Eye for the N64, and Splatoon, is this a game you'd still be able to recommend for someone like me?

Much like EODM07 EODM07 , one of my problems would also be I'm incredibly apathetic to all things Blizzard.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

1/6 of a second.

I'm not entirely sure what you would need me to do, but I'm down to help if I can.

Top Bottom