• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
Evening~

My copy of Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies have finally arrived. I was waiting a couple months for it to arrive. Also, I'm going to be TOing a tourney at my house tomorrow. I'm expecting a lot more people to come than last time.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Oh god, your Villager.

The Dedede vs Villy MU is absolutely godawful, ughhhh
Pocketed Gordos are gr8 m8

Kind of felt bad that I picked Villager when you picked Dedede but what can you do?

You can just pick Cloud, that MU is 90% me getting bodied and 10% me trying to gimp you.

Fools, our God cannot be stopped. His dominance and influence transcends beyond the realm of smash.

Praise be to Mootoo, behold his power.

:150:
You dare tarnish the word of our goddess with your beliefs? Heretic!

Praise be to Space Elsa. May you forever let it go

D

Deleted member

Pocketed Gordos are gr8 m8

Kind of felt bad that I picked Villager when you picked Dedede but what can you do?

You can just pick Cloud, that MU is 90% me getting bodied and 10% me trying to gimp you.
>Killed at 60% by pocketed Gordo

IMG_20160408_091457.jpg

i foresee that d3 will get a buff next patch

alright, now imma wait for the next patch and see how wrong i am

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@Lord Renning Mocha Mocha you'll need an irl smash sidekick for results. o7

Basically the second person needs be at percents where FH NAir barely doesn't reach high/far enough. At these percents the Dthrow hit advantage will be at its "maximum," but still a relatively tight window. At this point us Zelda's still haven't researched how much we can do before a NAir that woud still be a guaranteed followup.

It probably should be tried with different characters, like Bowser vs Mario vs Peach, because they have differing weights/hurtboxes.

Basically the non-Zelda needs to just DI. What we'd be looking for is whether actually trying to DJ NAir and/or dashing backwards before the FH or DJ NAir can actually let Zelda catch people at later percents then a FH NAir does, and is still a true combo, or extremely close, also if it can help versus DI.

For testing to see if a DJ NAir can actually help, the target should be DIing inwards so thaat the foe flies slightly higher.

For testing the run in the opposite direction then FH or DJ NAir works, the target/sidekick should DI outwards, which we currently believe almost entirely neuters Dthrow followups.

For both of these, the person getting Dthrow'd should also be trying to buffer a jump or airdodge to escape, for best results on "true-ness" of the combo.

For now we basically want to find out if trying to sharpen or Dthrow reactions and continue scoring NAirs from Dthrow at later percents is worth it. Metagame optimization! Honestly Zelda's grab game gets a little stale once Dthrow doesn't follow up (Which isn't exactly an issue because our grab is pretty as it is.) but if we can make that stale period start later we'll take it!!

Please ask questions to clarify things because I may have been a bit messing w/ writing this. ^^'
One thing I need clear, sis. Did you want to test this online with me or not? You said 'irl smash buddy' but for that I would have to test out with someone in the next tourney I go to. Also would this be practiced in Training Room, or do you want to see how rage/stale moves would be factored in?

On the subject of FH Nair after D-throw, are you referring to her doing a full hop in the same position she's in, or full hop + drifting slightly forward?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Predictions for the next patch, if there's one.

No changes: :4jigglypuff:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I always forget Dedede got nerfed like, 3 times....LOL
It was more than that:

• Forward aerial deals 1% less damage: 13% → 12%.
  • Down throw's angle altered: 70° → 80°.
  • Down throw's knockback scaling increased: 60 → 82. This hampers its combo ability at higher percents.
  • All variations of Gordo Toss require 1% less damage to be reflected: 3% → 2%.
  • All variations of Gordo Toss have had their hitbox sizes decreased by 0.4 units.
  • Dedede Burst's hammer hits transition into each other faster.
    • Due to the above change and the lower knockback on each hit, characters can now air dodge out of and escape Dedede Burst.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Sup, guys! You rang?

Also, don't mind Y2Kay Y2Kay , he just embarrassed himself in a huge way and now he's salty. A new copypasta has been born! ;)
IDGAF about you or ur stupid memes.

But please, feel free to pretend to be a victim. It's not like you made unprovoked attacks against me or other people to make me want to post that in the first place.

Oh wait.

:150:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
One thing I need clear, sis. Did you want to test this online with me or not? You said 'irl smash buddy' but for that I would have to test out with someone in the next tourney I go to. Also would this be practiced in Training Room, or do you want to see how rage/stale moves would be factored in?

On the subject of FH Nair after D-throw, are you referring to her doing a full hop in the same position she's in, or full hop + drifting slightly forward?
I was thinking it would be best if it was tested offline for slightly more accurate results. But considering probably a huge majority of us don't have someone to test this with offline, then probably some online meetup could be considered.

For now I'm just thinking we'd "dip our toe in the water" to see if there's any merit to this, so training mode would work, and would be easier to set up.

As for FH NAir out of Dthrow, basically any type of J.NAir to follow up. It could be in place, drifting to a side to catch opponents, or it could be a super fast turnaround or dash backward J.NAir. Of course usage choice would vary with the test target's DI.

Random note: The partner/target would NOT need to be DIing randomly. Zelda and partner can both be on the same page about which DI is being used when.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh yeah I played against one of the Silas bots on Twitter a few days ago
HE WAS REALLY GOOD I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS Well I rarely play against Fox so any Fox looks like a good one tbh
All of our games were really fun, even one where we stalled each other out on Duck Hunt :upsidedown:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
he's never going to make one because people don't play wizzro

they just suffer when the game makes you pick him

he got a bit more tolerable for me when i learned C2 guard breaks and has really dumb range but he's still horrible to play

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
That said, where's the Wizzro video in your queue atm?

I have no idea how to play him, and there's no 2P mode in the 3DS version to let me bypass all of his missions.
low
very low
not Ruto low, but close

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I got ahold of some older patch versions

can now confirm that Zelda dthrow buff was in 1.0.4

low
very low
not Ruto low, but close
why is ruto so low

"C6" is like the easiest guide ever

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
why is ruto so low

"C6" is like the easiest guide ever
Because I need to "explain every move and their uses" and you know there's going to be a few people hugely offended if I say everything besides C6 is useless.
I've already had a few people get mad at me because I mentioned Ruto was bad once offhandedly in one video.

But I'm not afraid to call Young Link severely overrated, I may do him next week.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Since the place is dead right now, here's a "blog post" about a spider tormenting me, lol.

Today I realized that some spider was apparently living between the window in my bedroom. The problem was that I saw it...after I opened the window. So now it's out. Free. In my room. No big deal, right? So I go and get the fly swatter, ready to purge this evil from my house. Unfortunately I was really incompetent with the flyswatter and ended up missing (to be fair the angle was awkward and it was behind this thing on the wall...if that makes sense). It ended up crawling behind my bedside table where I can't reach or even see it.

This little **** is now probably gonna assassinate me in my sleep. It's been hours and I still can't find it. For now I have surrendered my room to the spider and moved into the spare bedroom. This is the only solution until it reveals itself.

I don't even know how it got in there. Just a week ago, the exact same kind of spider got in-between the window things, but I was able to quarantine it and safely dispatch it. I mean like...how did it get there? I can't see any holes anywhere. And what are the odds of the exact same breed of spider getting in the same spot? Are they phasing through walls now??

Tldr; I surrendered my room to a spider HeLp

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
UPDATE: I think I found where it is. There's this spot behind my bed where it meets the wall that you normally can't see into, because, well...it's up against the wall and it's blocked off and dark. But there's a little hole just big enough for a phone to slip through.
IMG_20160507_230058.jpg

CAN IT BE?
If that's really it then I have no chance of getting to it.

Rip my room

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Page 2768 was one of the best ones we've had in a while js

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
That doesn't make any sense.

They only press the button if they liked the song.

Obviously musical performance judgement and big red buttons are another of Space Elsa's only weaknesses.
NOTE:
This is a JOKE

joke

[johk]
noun

something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

something that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce:
Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter:
The loss was no joke.

DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY AND CRY TO A MODERATOR

Thank you for your time~​
Smashboards is sassier than I remember.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I've censor dodged twice iirc but I was never caughT either time.
Stop slacking off BJN!

Top Bottom