• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
He ends every sentence with "Mewtwo", possibly even in real life.

It may have had something to do with that.

The question isn't about "what" was said, but about how "accurate" it was.
I'm not saying the kid is right, but he may have more insight into the situation than any of us do. I'm just trying to help mew2chainz out.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Does any Zelda wanna help me and test something? I was thinking about the frame advantage after Dthrow for NAir (which is far larger than for UAir) and then what kind of following was possible to connect the NAir.

Now obviously the advantage is good enough where Zelda can start a dash behind her so that she can move behind her far enough to catch good, outward DI and still get NAir at low percents.

By the time NAir is "hard" to land, I believe opponents will be receiving "maximum" hitstun possible from Dthrow. (iirc you can air dodge cancel hitstun after 40F of hitstun) The maximum advantage after Dthrow would then be ~22F (which is a jumpsquatc, NAir and 10 extra frames)

1/6 of a second.

In 10 frames, Zelda could get a DJ in, or position better vs good DI. I'm mostly wondering if this is enough time for Zelda to be able to effectively move outwards more, and or, gain improved height, that would allow her to Dthrow > NAir for longer/vs good DI longer than we would consider.

I don't have a second person irl to help me test that, but if anyone can do so with a buddy off of wifi, I'd super appreciate it. For science!
I would be willing to help you out. Just tell me what you need me to do. If there's a discord or skype you'd like to use, you can bark more accurate orders at me.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Lord Renning Lord Renning @Mocha you'll need an irl smash sidekick for results. o7

Basically the second person needs be at percents where FH NAir barely doesn't reach high/far enough. At these percents the Dthrow hit advantage will be at its "maximum," but still a relatively tight window. At this point us Zelda's still haven't researched how much we can do before a NAir that woud still be a guaranteed followup.

It probably should be tried with different characters, like Bowser vs Mario vs Peach, because they have differing weights/hurtboxes.

Basically the non-Zelda needs to just DI. What we'd be looking for is whether actually trying to DJ NAir and/or dashing backwards before the FH or DJ NAir can actually let Zelda catch people at later percents then a FH NAir does, and is still a true combo, or extremely close, also if it can help versus DI.

For testing to see if a DJ NAir can actually help, the target should be DIing inwards so thaat the foe flies slightly higher.

For testing the run in the opposite direction then FH or DJ NAir works, the target/sidekick should DI outwards, which we currently believe almost entirely neuters Dthrow followups.

For both of these, the person getting Dthrow'd should also be trying to buffer a jump or airdodge to escape, for best results on "true-ness" of the combo.

For now we basically want to find out if trying to sharpen or Dthrow reactions and continue scoring NAirs from Dthrow at later percents is worth it. Metagame optimization! Honestly Zelda's grab game gets a little stale once Dthrow doesn't follow up (Which isn't exactly an issue because our grab is pretty as it is.) but if we can make that stale period start later we'll take it!!

Please ask questions to clarify things because I may have been a bit messing w/ writing this. ^^'

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
LOL the kid was not saying there was something wrong with my life.

So basically I was just chilling and watching my little bros play basketball with their "friends"

And the kid in question put my brother in a choke hold trying to play "defense"

I shut that mess down real quick and telll him that's not allowed here.

And in response , this five foot nothin' six grader straight cusses me out. BJN39 BJN39 would probs not approve of me posting what he said here.

I'm just wonderin' whats wrong with children these days lol

:150:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
all yew gorls talking about overwatch and i'm here with my heroes of the storm

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Have fun with mediocrity, I guess

also Y2Kay Y2Kay are you talking about xander? because you can substitute him for pre-teen asshole pretty easily.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Have fun with mediocrity, I guess

also Y2Kay Y2Kay are you talking about xander? because you can substitute him for pre-teen ******* pretty easily.
Naw the kid I'm talkin' about at least wasn't a punk and said it to me within punching distance of me.

Xander is a troll that hides behind his computer hurling weak ass insults from the safety of his mom's basement.

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Ven will be competing tomorrow at 2GGT, which has amassed over 200 entrants now. Good luck Ven. This should be Ven's biggest showing since Zero named him as best Zelda, so let's hope he can show her off!

Edit: Soooooo apparently someone told me some misinformation because Ven was not there. It was someone else using Ven as the nametag. :facepalm: Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I'm conflicted. I like Nohr more, but no Oboro. Why would you do that to me video game?

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Do you g0rls think there will really be a patch on the 10th because of the Nintendo Server Maintenance?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
This really made my day :):):)
(Don't follow me I barely tweet cuz I'm lame. Unless it's on my Oboro account.)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Having a snack right now, since I'm feeling hungry, and I took some photos during my round for University, just so I can at least note down what I took out of the five problems I'm gonna think of.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'm just wonderin' whats wrong with children these days lol
Have you considered duct taping him to a wheeled chair and pushing it down a hillside?

That seems to work out well for teaching youngin' how the world works.

Ven will be competing tomorrow at 2GGT, which has amassed over 200 entrants now. Good luck Ven. This should be Ven's biggest showing since Zero named him as best Zelda, so let's hope he can show her off!
Good luck to Ven, but it's worrying how much emphasis is being put on that video series.

D

Deleted member

HERE COME DAT BOI FOR DLC

I'd legit main him so hard. I've always wanted a meme in Smash

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Gorls I'm just so happy I can play bad pirated Mario games on the SEGA Classics on Steam! It's quite a miracle to behold, to be honest with y'all. What a magical thing SEGA has enabled.

Also good luck Ven! I'd root for you more if you used Dr. Mario but Zelda will have to do ; ).

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Gorls I'm just so happy I can play bad pirated Mario games on the SEGA Classics on Steam! It's quite a miracle to behold, to be honest with y'all. What a magical thing SEGA has enabled.

Also good luck Ven! I'd root for you more if you used Dr. Mario but Zelda will have to do ; ).
But will we be able to play GRAND DAD on SEGA Classics? :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just saw Episode 4 of Sakamoto Desu Ga? and Episode 6 of Ace Attorney.

Still freaking hilarious! They showed three chapters instead of two. First one of Sakamoto's Teacher trying to catch him breaking one of the school rules. Next one being Sakamoto rescuing Acchan from a school fire that happened in the Science Room. And finally, Acchan and his friends try looking for Sakamoto as he falls down a pitfall, where he disappeared.

The Disappearance of Sakamoto-kun when? :secretkpop:

This episode I noticed a lot of changes from the original game. But it's still a good episode.
Here are some of the changes I noticed:
- Cody is questioned outside of Court instead of in Court. (They also added in Steel Samurai doing the Evil Magistrate's pose in the anime)
- Wright & Maya do not get the Five Year Old Photo and do not question Wendy Oldbag at all about Jack Hammer disguising himself as the Steel Samurai.
- Sal Manella isn't questioned in Court either.
- Wright & Maya do not get Cody's Trading Cards and do not talk to Penny about the Trading Cards.
- Wright marathons the Steel Samurai series to look for a hint for a turnabout.
- Vaquez is going to be in Court to testify during the 2nd Day of the Trial. Not 3rd.
- Detective Gumshoe doesn't fight off the thugs to let Wright & Maya escape.

Overall. Still liking Ace Attorney which I'd give about...
:4zelda::4zelda::4zelda: out of 5.

As for Sakamoto...
:4bayonetta: (I mean, Sakamoto looks like Bayonetta. :secretkpop:)

Last edited:
Fools, our goddess cannot be stopped. Her dominance and influence transcends beyond the realm of Smash

Praise be to Space Elsa. May you forever let it go

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Lord Renning Lord Renning @Mocha you'll need an irl smash sidekick for results. o7

Basically the second person needs be at percents where FH NAir barely doesn't reach high/far enough. At these percents the Dthrow hit advantage will be at its "maximum," but still a relatively tight window. At this point us Zelda's still haven't researched how much we can do before a NAir that woud still be a guaranteed followup.

It probably should be tried with different characters, like Bowser vs Mario vs Peach, because they have differing weights/hurtboxes.

Basically the non-Zelda needs to just DI. What we'd be looking for is whether actually trying to DJ NAir and/or dashing backwards before the FH or DJ NAir can actually let Zelda catch people at later percents then a FH NAir does, and is still a true combo, or extremely close, also if it can help versus DI.

For testing to see if a DJ NAir can actually help, the target should be DIing inwards so thaat the foe flies slightly higher.

For testing the run in the opposite direction then FH or DJ NAir works, the target/sidekick should DI outwards, which we currently believe almost entirely neuters Dthrow followups.

For both of these, the person getting Dthrow'd should also be trying to buffer a jump or airdodge to escape, for best results on "true-ness" of the combo.

For now we basically want to find out if trying to sharpen or Dthrow reactions and continue scoring NAirs from Dthrow at later percents is worth it. Metagame optimization! Honestly Zelda's grab game gets a little stale once Dthrow doesn't follow up (Which isn't exactly an issue because our grab is pretty as it is.) but if we can make that stale period start later we'll take it!!

Please ask questions to clarify things because I may have been a bit messing w/ writing this. ^^'
I was so eager to be helpful I forgot to properly read or apply common sense. I literally use Zelda's down throw combos to test latency online.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Fools, our God cannot be stopped. His dominance and influence transcends beyond the realm of smash.

Praise be to Mootoo, behold his power.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Lemme tell ya, I'm really glad SEGA's new thing with their classic games platform worked out so nicely. I can finally experience true nostalgia with one of the best classics of all time.

God bless Steam. Seeing this on a TV is making me so happy

Last edited:
Top Bottom