• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I believe it is hard-wired into our system since Brawl. We are used to having to work hard to outplay our opponent. Though some people I play offline, who I will not name, refuses to accept that Zelda is low tier, even when I tell them that 'insert move here' is punishable in this way or that.
I know that feel. I knew someone who thought she was op. (Let that settle in. Zelda. O. P.) Then, they played her. They retracted their complaint.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
My life.

Play Zelda against those com sci people, and they really aren't that good. Then they go batsh*t crazy about Zelda saying she's very good in this game just because I always win with her.

Then I'm just lol she's the worst character in the game other than :4miisword: and they don't believe me. :///
I kind of find it funny when people you fight online lose to a Zelda main, pick Zelda thinking she is some kind of hidden gem (idk) and instantly gets 2 stocked.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
My life.

Playing Zelda against those com sci people I mentioned earlier, and they really aren't that good. Then they go batsh*t crazy about Zelda saying she's very good in this game just because I always win with her.

Then I'm just like lol she's the worst character in the game other than :4miisword: and they don't believe me. :///
well she isn't the worst character or second, I mean she's bad, but she could be worse off like :4drmario: or :4lucina:
I mean she's bad, but we aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel here (we are close though)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Do we know a well-known player who does well in big name places with Zelda OTHER than Nairo? XD

IMO Doc is not too hot in this game, but he isn't worse off than Zelda. At least he does have some combos, a great punish game, and lol dat Tornado. Solid low tier, but not a basement dweller for now.

And if your base character is Marf, I wouldn't think Mopcina would be that much worse, so she's also at least a few spots higher than characters who are noticeably flawed such as Mii Sword, Charizard, Wii Fit, and of course Zelda.

And dare I say.... Marf and Mopcina have sass? D:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Do we know a well-known player who does well in big name places with Zelda OTHER than Nairo? XD

IMO Doc is not too hot in this game, but he isn't worse off than Zelda. At least he does have some combos, a great punish game, and lol dat Tornado. Solid low tier, but not a basement dweller for now.

And if your base character is Marf, I wouldn't think Mopcina would be that much worse, so she's also at least a few spots higher than characters who are noticeably flawed such as Mii Sword, Charizard, Wii Fit, and of course Zelda.

I play Marf and Mopcina. Yeah, they do, especially Mopcina, but they have their own kind of sass. Marfs is more timid at first, but then you get his tip. And it stings.

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
@ Milky. Milky. I found only 3 videos so far, but when I watched the 3rd one, "how not to kill your partner in doubles', I couldn't contain myself in the 2v1 part. I have tears in my eyes from laughing. BAD idea to watch this at work, though it was during my break. The phone conveniently rang next to me too, so when I answered, it was such a struggle to talk without giggling.
Lmaooo! I'm so sorry xD Made my day

EDIT: Imagine how I felt while playing! I'm pretty sure you can tell from how I started to play, I couldn't stop laughing through the whole match

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296

Yeahh Mopcina's a sassy mop, and Marth has always had his own sass, but our queen is still the sassiest. ;)

Edit: Also, it's finally snowing :'DDD
Time to just sit and watch the wonder.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Lmaooo! I'm so sorry xD Made my day

EDIT: Imagine how I felt while playing! I'm pretty sure you can tell from how I started to play, I couldn't stop laughing through the whole match
I am now under complete confidence that you intentionally go a similar Zelda color to mine in doubles to make me do something silly xD

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
CONTROVERSY TIME. Personal MUs for Zelda. The further down the list the character is, and the more spaced out he or she is from the others in the same list, the more the MU leans to the MU numbers below (ie IMO Zelda vs Bowser is 50:50, but it leans a little bit towards 45:55).

60:40
ARE YOU REALLY EXPECTING A MU HERE?

55:45
:4samus::4dk: . :4charizard: ..... :4ganondorf:

50:50
:4dedede: :4pacman: :4drmario: :4rob: .. :4wiifit: ...... :4bowser: ....... :4villager:

45:55
:4duckhunt::4luigi::4miisword::4bowserjr: .. :4wario: ... :4palutena: :4kirby:.... :4falco: :4darkpit: .... :4jigglypuff:

40:60
:4lucina::4link::4gaw::4olimar::4metaknight::4myfriends::4miigun::4mario::4greninja::4robinm::4diddy::4tlink::4shulk::rosalina::4megaman:.. :4pit:.. :4peach: .... :4pikachu:

35:65
:4miibrawl::4lucario::4falcon: :4fox:......:4marth:..... :4zss: ....... :4littlemac:........ :4sonic:.......:4ness:

30:70
:4yoshi::4sheik:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Disagreeing with DDD, and R.O.B. being 50/50.
Yeah, Dedede I'm still not sure if it's even or in Dedede's favour slightly. Have to face a good Dedede and see.

And oh boy, I feel like I'm going to be TOTALLY S**T'D on for saying that ZeldavsROB is 50:50. XDDDD

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Yeah, Dedede I'm still not sure if it's even or in Dedede's favour slightly. Have to face a good Dedede and see.

And oh boy, I feel like I'm going to be TOTALLY S**T'D on for saying that ZeldavsROB is 50:50. XDDDD
Rob can completely shut down every thing Zelda has besides Nayru's Love which isn't that great of a option

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Rob can completely shut down every thing Zelda has besides Nayru's Love which isn't that great of a option
On paper, this is very true, but for some reason, I have personal bias, and I don't have too much problems against the MU. Faced a few ROB players but had no trouble whatsoever. ._.

I NEED A COMPETENT ROB MAIN TO WRECK ME.

Latte

Smash Ace
I always lose against the Robs I face.

I haven't faced an Olimar yet, but shouldn't that MU be in Zelda's favor? Nayru's can reflect like half of his attacks.

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
I always lose against the Robs I face.

I haven't faced an Olimar yet, but shouldn't that MU be in Zelda's favor? Nayru's can reflect like half of his attacks.
Don't know, I'm still in denial from the Brawl Zelda vs Olimar MU ;-;

Lightning kicks.
If you're lucky enough to manage to get that close to him, yes. good R.O.B.'s don't make it that easy :(

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I'm an idiot. I made up a snow song to the tune of Let it Go.
Though anyone who knows me can't say they didn't see it coming.

/deardiary

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Don't know, I'm still in denial from the Brawl Zelda vs Olimar MU ;-;
Basically me.

At the same time, Olimar just zones her out like crazy. It's incredibly frustrating to simply go full ham with Nayru's and not get anything out of it. It might be a 45:55 at the very best for Zelda, but once people start getting competent with Olimar, it will be very tough, even if we can reflect his smashes against him.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Barf and mopcina
CONTROVERSY TIME. Personal MUs for Zelda. The further down the list the character is, and the more spaced out he or she is from the others in the same list, the more the MU leans to the MU numbers below (ie IMO Zelda vs Bowser is 50:50, but it leans a little bit towards 45:55).

60:40
ARE YOU REALLY EXPECTING A MU HERE?

55:45
:4samus::4dk: . :4charizard: ..... :4ganondorf:

50:50
:4dedede: :4pacman: :4drmario: :4rob: .. :4wiifit: ...... :4bowser: ....... :4villager:

45:55
:4duckhunt::4luigi::4miisword::4bowserjr: .. :4wario: ... :4palutena: :4kirby:.... :4falco: :4darkpit: .... :4jigglypuff:

40:60
:4lucina::4link::4gaw::4olimar::4metaknight::4myfriends::4miigun::4mario::4greninja::4robinm::4diddy::4tlink::4shulk::rosalina::4megaman:.. :4pit:.. :4peach: .... :4pikachu:

35:65
:4miibrawl::4lucario::4falcon: :4fox:......:4marth:..... :4zss: ....... :4littlemac:........ :4sonic:.......:4ness:

30:70
:4yoshi::4sheik:
I feel like Shulk should be a tier lower but i pretty much agree with this list.

Latte

Smash Ace
Well, his smash attacks are now projectiles. I imagine that helps the MU immensely.

Wait, were Olimar's smash attacks projectiles in Brawl too? I never played as or against Olimar in Brawl, so I don't remember.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Wait, were Olimar's smash attacks in Brawl projectiles too? I never played as or against Olimar in Brawl, so I don't remember.
They were not considered projectiles in Brawl. So can't reflect them. Contributes to the 15:85 MU (or something along those lines) we had with him back then.

Being able to reflect his Smash attacks is partially a reason why the MU is better than it was from Brawl. But otherwise it's mostly similar. Olimar shuts Zelda's gameplan down in her attempts to grab momentum and stage control.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
They were not considered projectiles in Brawl. So can't reflect them. Contributes to the 15:85 MU (or something along those lines) we had with him back then.

Being able to reflect his Smash attacks is partially a reason why the MU is better than it was from Brawl. But otherwise it's mostly similar. Olimar shuts Zelda's gameplan down in her attempts to grab momentum and stage control.
We can kill electric pikmin with our magic attacks now too, right? I could'a sworn so.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Ed and Riot said Rob wasn't bad for Zelda in Brawl and Rob is still a big target, the only thing is now he can kill so i still feel it could be evenish he is still very kickable and if you get a hold of his top you have LK safety with it.

I also think Shulk and Mega could move closer to evenish but that may just be me.

I hope Diddy gets nerfed like Sackboy did in PSASBR.

Edit: For those who don't get that, Sackboy was a really easy character, very broken early on because of his level 3 special.
Rather than balance him correctly, they decided instead to nerf literally every aspect of him until he wasn't playable.
Every, single, f'in patch they did nothing to balance it was just like, no
This patch we're lowering all your damage (AP gain)
This patch we're ruining your projectile game
This patch we're ruining your cute lil niche abilities and unique tricks
This patch we're ruining your combo game (What little one you had)
This patch we're ruining anything else we forgot to ruin.

He literally became nonexistent imagine a character worse than Zelda.

That is what I wish upon Diddy biytch ***
Fat Princess is worse, at Least Sackboy's lvl3 can still net a few kills fat princess only gained nerfs from release till now and the only buff she got is her lvl 3 has a 80% chance of scoring at least 1 kill.

PSAS patch game ruined the game so in a way i'm kind of glad Sakurai isn't planning patch feast all day long

Latte

Smash Ace

Alright, that's what I thought.

Perhaps I just need to face a decent Olimar, then. Smash attacks are basically Olimar's only KO options aside from bair and ftilt at very high %s (I think one of his throws can KO too, though I don't remember which one), so I still feel like the MU is either equal to or in Zelda's favor.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
We can kill electric pikmin now too, right? I could'a sworn so.
You mean with her sparkle sparkles? Hmm, I'll have to test that.

Usually in that MU, I just kill any pikmin latched onto me with Nayru's, so I don't really know, haha. Against Olimar and Villager, Nayru's Love is... love. Nayru's Life is life.

One day, I'll fight Myran and see just how bad the ZeldavsOlimar MU is.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Ed and Riot said Rob wasn't bad for Zelda in Brawl and Rob is still a big target, the only thing is now he can kill so i still feel it could be evenish he is still very kickable and if you get a hold of his top you have LK safety with it.

I also think Shulk and Mega could move closer to evenish but that may just be me.

Fat Princess is worse, at Least Sackboy's lvl3 can still net a few kills fat princess only gained nerfs from release till now and the only buff she got is her lvl 3 has a 80% chance of scoring at least 1 kill.

PSAS patch game ruined the game so in a way i'm kind of glad Sakurai isn't planning patch feast all day long
I wish they could do something like UMVC3 or Blazblue Extend where they add more content (Hilda skin) and patch things up a bit.

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I think it's an exaggeration to say she's the worst in the game besides :4miisword: . I mean come on, she's bad, but not that bad. She's gotten improvements, even though they are little and come with cons. Maybe the 5th worst though. I've never seen a decent Charizard unless I'm just missing something

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Charizard may be bad too but he has two things Zelda lacks. Weight and super armor. 3 moves have armor and even though Flare blitz comes with lol damage and rebound on block or ledge bump i think a move like that is Golden especially since you can recover and kill with it. (Dair doesn't stop Flare blitz)

i think we don't see too much Charizard because he's like the old bowser kinda slow kinda turtleish and bowsers now part of that new age "fast fat kid" now.

Medium mii swordfighter is ok but honestly i feel like even if forced to use 1111 it still holds up at least as on par with Zelda if not better. swordfighter has jab shenanigans.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
My life.

Playing Zelda against those com sci people I mentioned earlier, and they really aren't that good. Then they go batsh*t crazy about Zelda saying she's very good in this game just because I always win with her.

Then I'm just like lol she's the worst character in the game other than :4miisword: and they don't believe me. :///
Hmm maybe because that isnt true......IDK JUST SOME THOUGHTS! lolol

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Hmm maybe because that isnt true......IDK JUST SOME THOUGHTS! lolol
Wait a second.

You're telling me that Zelda is actually... *GASP*.... good!?

*contemplates life*

Top Bottom