• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What's your major?
I'm falling back on computer science, so technically, I'm undecided.

Too bad dair was nerfed, or that pun could've been both witty and truthful.
Well, if I never dared to use Falco, then I would have never won. See, I'm a mod for Falco, I learned about data-mining, I learned about Falco's moveset from a more detailed perspective, learned a bit of the competitive scene of SSB, and well, I'm overall a better player who thinks about what moves he should use rather than spamming Smashes and whatever move while desperately hoping to land a hit.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Computer science is a great industry to get into. Took me years to find a major I enjoyed.

Spirst

Computer science is a great industry to get into. Took me years to find a major I enjoyed.
What was your major?
I'm currently a Biology major wanting to either get into Vertebrate Paleontology or Astrobiology. For the former, it's a pretty niche science and can be hard to find job openings in the field. For the latter, it's a relatively underdeveloped field at the moment but will no doubt see a rise in popularity in the upcoming years once space sciences are brought more to the forefront.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Former biology major to accounting. After I graduate this semester I would like to branch into tax.

Astronomy is very interesting to me and astrology is always a viable subject in some countries. Kinda interested in what a doctoral thesis in astrology would be about.

Last edited:

Spirst

I too am interested in what a doctoral thesis in astrology would be about. It's a pseudo science I don't attach much scientific validity to but from a cultural perspective, it's an interesting study.

I'm happy with the biology major as is. From what I've seen so far, a lot of biology majors are looking to get into the medical field which is fine too but very saturated. I've always been huge on the sciences and don't have too much of an interest in another career choice.

What made you switch to accounting? Seems like a big difference between the two other than both being technical fields.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I too am interested in what a doctoral thesis in astrology would be about. It's a pseudo science I don't attach much scientific validity to but from a cultural perspective, it's an interesting study.

I'm happy with the biology major as is. From what I've seen so far, a lot of biology majors are looking to get into the medical field which is fine too but very saturated. I've always been huge on the sciences and don't have too much of an interest in another career choice.

What made you switch to accounting? Seems like a big difference between the two other than both being technical fields.
Well I'm Asian so biology was kinda a default. Took some business courses 3rd year and loved it. I'm a stereotypical stingy Asian (@micstar615) and love stretching a dollar so accounting seemed a natural pick. Got some experience in tax and love the planning aspect of it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I dislike MvC for a number of reasons, combos are ridiculously easy to perform, matches last like 30 seconds, stuff fly across the screen all the time, there are flashes and explosions everywhere, and the sum of all of that just makes the game feel pretentious IMO.
And with @ ぱみゅ ぱみゅ 's avi change, all of the gaycat avatars have been reverted. (For now.)

I suppose this means we'll plan the next raid soon? Lol.
I wanted to change it for a while now, but I take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time deciding on my avatars.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Persona's whatever to me. I haven't actually seen anything of Xrd yet though, so that'll be new and interesting at least.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Persona is solid, Xrd is new and refreshing, Killer Instinct (I'm assuming KI3) is fairly new and changing as well.
But
I feel SF4, MK and Tekken are all linear and simple to enjoy watching them.

Sure, they all are great for play and compete, but not something I'd sit through and watch hours of streaming.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
UMvC3 was sooo hype in the beginning, people were finding out so many cool and flashy combos, it was fun!

Then Morrigan appeared.
And then Vergil.
And then Doctor Doom.

And pretty much EVERY team had either Vergil, Dr. Doom, or both in them. And you see the saaaame ol' Sword Loop combos and Doom infinites. Over and over again. It got boring now. ; w ;

SF4 is pretty cool to watch, I find. But Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is where is at, gorls!

This is the part where you ask what the hell is a Tatsunoko.

Top Bottom