• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Tekken at evo? I should sign up for that. First I need money. OMG but yeah I'm gonna go to medical school and become a pediatrician. Life goals.
So that's why you main Doc? *clap clap*

#DEEP

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh yeah, remember that friend that I mentioned before that picked up Zelda because of my Farore's Wind usage? Well, we were at the CS part of campus at school (surprise), and played some 8-player Smash. And of course he uses Zelda, and really, he isn't that good at the game. But....

First match, got NINE KO's AND 3rd place of the 8 players. JUST BY MAINLY USING FARORE'S WIND OMG.

Imagine if Zelda had Brawl's smash attacks. SHE'D LITERALLY BE THE GO TO CHARACTER FOR NO0BS TO SPAM C-STICK AND UP B.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
8 player Smash is lit Zelda's bread and butter, hahaha. You can just FW anywhere and you'll kill someone.

Also @ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 you're missing out, lady.

Edit: Aww the end is chopped :(

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
YESH! Another person posted in the Falco social thread! We are (very, extremely, sluggishly, centennially, leisurely) slowly growing! :seuss:

Spirst

That reminds me, I should watch Scrubs.
I love Scrubs. I've seen all 8 seasons. Yes, I know there's technically 9 but I like to pretend the last 1 doesn't exist. It's not awful but they really should've stopped at the finale of 8.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I love Scrubs. I've seen all 8 seasons. Yes, I know there's technically 9 but I like to pretend the last 1 doesn't exist. It's not awful but they really should've stopped at the finale of 8.
Why does your age keep changing? Last time I checked, you were 104 years-old and now, you're 4. I thought only admins could change ages.

Spirst

Why does your age keep changing? Last time I checked, you were 104 years-old and now, you're 4. I thought only admins could change ages.
Xiivi likes to pick on me and has a twisted sense of humor.

I'm infracting people and I'm not even in kindergarten yet.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I did something gross.

Also I wish at least one of these were a palette for Rosalina:

I'm really good at using this thread to talk about everything but Zelda.
/deardiary
I really like the purple and black one. 100x better than the Barney purple one she has right now. Why Sakurai? Where are da cool colors? Sometimes he makes me

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh right, I can totally mess around with the shade of purple on the purple palette for hours too.

Thanks for giving me something else to do tonight.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Aye I got uploaded! This was my first week with the game so it was probably some where back in November so bare with me!!

But let me tell you guys something it's the most hilarious dubs I've ever played in cause the Rosalina at the second last match starts team attacking thinking it was me but it was her partner xD MAKE SURE WATCH ALL OF IT! http://youtu.be/09bSaBeO96g

I'm the one using the tag(s): Milky (obviously) and Laiteux
That second to last match was one of the best things I've seen so far. I cracked up laughing every time they'd go after their own partner, and especially when you'd stand right next to them without being attacked. The legit color confusion, amazing.

Also Ike bringing the win back solo for hype.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Aye I got uploaded! This was my first week with the game so it was probably some where back in November so bare with me!!

But let me tell you guys something it's the most hilarious dubs I've ever played in cause the Rosalina at the second last match starts team attacking thinking it was me but it was her partner xD MAKE SURE WATCH ALL OF IT! http://youtu.be/09bSaBeO96g

I'm the one using the tag(s): Milky (obviously) and Laiteux
It's so sparkly, shiny, and there's so many glimmery sounds! Y'know, this makes me wonder about people not knowing how to deal with a bad character. Yay, MU unfamiliarity!

Thanks @ Twili Twili , I kind of glanced over the posts today, so I missed this!

Last edited:
I heard some talk about UMvC 3 and ****. Tatsunoko is waaaay better than UMvC 3. Combos were not ridiculously easy to execute and they felt more rewarding (because they're harder to extend in TvC). Also, the presence of Morri/Doom/Vergil with crappily designed characters like Hsien-Ko and Phoenix Wright dilutes the game to the max. I still have some bursts of fun from time to time when I don't touch Phoenix Wright, at least. Or when I don't face off against Morri/Doom/Vergil

In Tatsunoko, Zero was really good but not teeth grindingly annoying to go against. In UMvC 3, I'm legitimately pissed when I go against him.

Did I mention Morrigan+Doom missiles? Yeah, **** that too. Vergil? F his loops

Chris is really fun to use at least. Chip damage, gun 'em up, fire in the holes all day

Last edited:
So um... Diddy did really well in a lot of events recently.

BEAST 5 had 3 Diddy's in the top 4
Zer0 won Final Battle
M2K won in Paragon
IIRC, Ally also used Diddy
There were many other Diddys I could name that won some tournaments at the same week or maybe around that

Time to wait for APEX.... And see the results..... >_>

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Zer0 won Final Battle
M2K won in Paragon
There were many other Diddys I could name that won some tournaments at the same week or maybe around that

That's cringeworthy, I have a question for those that played Melee competitively. Was it the same with Fox?
I assume the answer is yes, and Fox was everywhere

Er... I'm not sure. I think it's more distributed between Fox, Sheik, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, etc. but Fox definitely won more but it wasn't THAT focused on Fox unlike in Smash 4 where no one can't deny that Diddy has been dominating

Eeeeh... We'll see where this goes?

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

Zer0 won Final Battle
M2K won in Paragon

At least a Luigi won Beast ;)

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Goodness I haven't posted in a long time xOx
am back for sure this time sistas, I played Bayonetta 2 sooo much I got kind of sick of it and I think Imma finally play Sm4sh a lil more. I've been making some fabulous smash memes lately actually.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@Milky. I found only 3 videos so far, but when I watched the 3rd one, "how not to kill your partner in doubles', I couldn't contain myself in the 2v1 part. I have tears in my eyes from laughing. BAD idea to watch this at work, though it was during my break. The phone conveniently rang next to me too, so when I answered, it was such a struggle to talk without giggling.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I hope the war on Lucina is still on cuz..

Is never gonna be over for me. Ever e3e

But srsly what has been up with you all? I'd read the last 75 pages but by then, you guys will be near 400 so Idk math hurts my head

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I hope the war on Lucina is still on cuz..

Is never gonna be over for me. Ever e3e

But srsly what has been up with you all? I'd read the last 75 pages but by then, you guys will be near 400 so Idk math hurts my head
Eatin a papple

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Zer0 won Final Battle
M2K won in Paragon

That's cringeworthy, I have a question for those that played Melee competitively. Was it the same with Fox?
I assume the answer is yes, and Fox was everywhere
Er... I'm not sure. I think it's more distributed between Fox, Sheik, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, etc. but Fox definitely won more but it wasn't THAT focused on Fox unlike in Smash 4 where no one can't deny that Diddy has been dominating

Eeeeh... We'll see where this goes?
At least a Luigi won Beast ;)
Seeing 3 Diddy's below though is awfully depressing but yeah, hooray to the green Mario
Really you could take 4 seconds too look at the free tournament stats on this site, now I have to do a nerd statistics rant THANKS A LOT ;
Fox wins twice as many tournaments then other characters in melee, where as his play rate is only 25% above falco, currently Diddy is sitting on similar stats winning twice as many tournaments as the next popular character and having a 30% play rate above sheik. Of course the sample size is smaller due to less tournaments obviously as a result these numbers are probably skewed by better players and as far as the highest ranked players go. Here is the list of the top ranked players

Melee top 5 player
Mango - fox, falco
M2K - marth, sheik, fox
armada - peach, fox, Youth link
Sad, Mad, Hungrybox - Jiggles, fox
Dr. PP - Falco, marth

Wii U top 5 players
Nakat - Ness, Fox, Diddy
ChileZero - Diddy, Sheik
Boss8 - Weegee
False - Sheik, Weegee
-6WX- - Sanic

However, I don't think/know if Apex will solve the Diddy problems, he's just such an easy character. The actual concerning part is that every character seems to be trailing behind both Sheik and Diddy. C Falcon despite his great play rate at tournaments is not winning them, several characters have 1/4 of diddy's tournament win rates where as in melee there are at least three characters that have close to 1/2 of fox's win rate

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I hope Diddy gets nerfed like Sackboy did in PSASBR.

Edit: For those who don't get that, Sackboy was a really easy character, very broken early on because of his level 3 special.
Rather than balance him correctly, they decided instead to nerf literally every aspect of him until he wasn't playable.
Every, single, f'in patch they did nothing to balance it was just like, no
This patch we're lowering all your damage (AP gain)
This patch we're ruining your projectile game
This patch we're ruining your cute lil niche abilities and unique tricks
This patch we're ruining your combo game (What little one you had)
This patch we're ruining anything else we forgot to ruin.

He literally became nonexistent imagine a character worse than Zelda.

That is what I wish upon Diddy biytch ass

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Zelda mains are so competent that people actually think she is a good character.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Zelda mains are so competent that people actually think she is a good character.
I believe it is hard-wired into our system since Brawl. We are used to having to work hard to outplay our opponent. Though some people I play offline, who I will not name, refuses to accept that Zelda is low tier, even when I tell them that 'insert move here' is punishable in this way or that.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
My life.

Playing Zelda against those com sci people I mentioned earlier, and they really aren't that good. Then they go batsh*t crazy about Zelda saying she's very good in this game just because I always win with her.

Then I'm just like lol she's the worst character in the game other than :4miisword: and they don't believe me. :///

Last edited:
Top Bottom