• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
oop misread that have a villager pic instead
That's not Villager that's an animu

i know my former main isn't that great so i try (keyword: try) my best not to talk about him. lol
So
legit question
I don't blame you for switching from Shulk since Corrin is clearly the better character. But the way you talk about Shulk makes it seem like you completely left him behind. You've invested countless hours in him and it seems a shame to not play with him occasionally. Is this a correct assessment? I just can't see using a character for such a prolonged period of time then to just ignore him when you find another, better character you enjoy using more.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Wario is one of my favorite characters in this game, but it's really hard to deal with his complete inability to kill outside of Waft. You either go for a hard read Fsmash (and its so slow 9/10 times it will fail and get you punished), go for a slightly less slow upsmash(despite the fact that his upsmash barely kills past 110 its really laggy), go for a Ftilt or Bair that only really kills lighter characters near the edge, or get your enemy to 140 so you can fthrow kill them at the edge. And then I see characters like Cloud or Mario or DK just throwing out much better kill moves without worrying about being punished. Pretty de-motivating.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
That's how I feel with Roy sometimes. But every other character feels like booty compared to him. His moveset and mobility specs feel so good, but undertuned. At least I have Blazer, but missing that hurts hard.

So
legit question
I don't blame you for switching from Shulk since Corrin is clearly the better character. But the way you talk about Shulk makes it seem like you completely left him behind. You've invested countless hours in him and it seems a shame to not play with him occasionally. Is this a correct assessment? I just can't see using a character for such a prolonged period of time then to just ignore him when you find another, better character you enjoy using more.
i play him in friendlies but only sometimes. he's still a fun character and as i said before, i do feel bad that i dropped him just like that but there's a pretty slight chance that i'll use him instead of corrin in sword matches or against luigi

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Playing Zelda for so long has completely spoiled me with KO power. Almost every character feels really weak in comparison now, lol.

It's also made me see a bunch of characters' run speeds as "fast" even if they're only average.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Playing Zelda for so long has completely spoiled me with KO power. Almost every character feels really weak in comparison now, lol.

It's also made me see a bunch of characters' run speeds as "fast" even if they're only average.
It's also made you see a bunch of characters as the best characters in the game with absolutely no flaws even if they're olny average.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think I have a curse. Every character I want to main is destined to be bad. It even happened to me in Soku. Sakuya was considered bottom 5 and after I switch mains to Sanae, she raises up to best character in the entire game. I never thought Sakuya was bottom 5 anyways, but I mean you gotta be kidding me.
I don't even know the tier list of Hisoutensoku but I just know I always played Alice in it.

Alice had such a fun gimmick

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

@SBphiloz4
EODM07 EODM07

thoughts?
Wait, so I should be hating on Lucario instead? :secretkpop: (I hate Phoenix in UMvC3. She is pretty much toxic imo. :V)

Anyway, just about to do some Uni work, and gonna watch the remainder of VGBC's Sm4sh Stream.

Villager=Phoenix Wright, IMO.
:196:
Really? :o

I actually thought the analogy to Viewtiful Joe was fairly accurate
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Wait, so I should be hating on Lucario instead? :secretkpop: (I hate Phoenix in UMvC3. She is pretty much toxic imo. :V)

Anyway, just about to do some Uni work, and gonna watch the remainder of VGBC's Sm4sh Stream.

It's safe to say that the design behind both Phoenix and Lucario is stupid and toxic

Well, X-factor is stupid too. Actually, come back mechanics are ****ing stupid. Lol

Hating on Lucario would seem unjustified at the moment

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I don't know how to feel about comeback mechanics. On one hand, I always try to build for it in single player games. A last ditch effort, exploding with passion to achieve victory with my last breath. But then those comeback mechanics bite me in the butt when someone uses one of those types of characters against me. And I can only say one thing. Wow, I'm a jerk.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Really? :o

I actually thought the analogy to Viewtiful Joe was fairly accurate

It's safe to say that the design behind both Phoenix and Lucario are stupid and toxic

Well, X-factor is stupid too. Actually, come back mechanics are ****ing stupid. Lol

Hating on Lucario would seem unjustified at the moment
He also forgot that Bowser = Hulk, Robin = Iron Man and Zelda/Palutena = Hsien-Ko. :secretkpop:

Furret24

Smash Master
hidden08_080310e-l (1).jpg
Personally, I'm a real fan of comeback mechanics. :D
I actually hate most of them.
:162:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I think I have a curse. Every character I want to main is destined to be bad. It even happened to me in Soku. Sakuya was considered bottom 5 and after I switch mains to Sanae, she raises up to best character in the entire game. I never thought Sakuya was bottom 5 anyways, but I mean you gotta be kidding me.
That's what you get for not picking a genius like Cirno, I guess.

thoughts?
Largely inaccurate.

Rosalina would be Doom for one thing, and a lot of them are just because he must find them to be the closest characters visually (else I have no idea how Pikachu = Amaterasu or ZSS = C.Viper, same with DDD and Villager)

I agree with ROB, DK and to some extent Corrin and Cloud; just don't know where to fit Taskmaster with them taken for now.

As for the come back mechanic speak, it's all good. Adds an extra layer of strategy, and it's not like it wasn't typically in games before being brought to the forefront.

Last edited:
mario is kinda like dr. doom if you think about it. easy to pick up, all around good at everything, you can literally spam one move (dive kick for doom, u-smash for mario) and still win. rosalina is p.accurate with morrigan. campy af, similar to morrigan. the rest are actually surprisingly accurate though except maybe corrin-dante

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The only time I was happy with X-Factor, was when I had a Lv. 3 X-Factor comeback with Hsien-Ko against a Team Trenchcoat (Dante, Wesker, Vergil). Who was a 5th Lord, I was maybe either a 5th or 4th Lord.

Dante and Wesker managing to defeat both Hulk and Iron Man. Leaving just Hsien-Ko, and I managed to make a huge comeback with her. Including use of Gold Armour as well, and I managed to win; I did send him a message on "That was an amazing comeback! Good game!". He replied with "GGs too. I don't know how to fight Hsien-Ko."

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Dante and Wesker managing to defeat both Hulk and Iron Man. Leaving just Hsien-Ko, and I managed to make a huge comeback with her. Including use of Gold Armour as well, and I managed to win; I did send him a message on "That was an amazing comeback! Good game!". He replied with "GGs too. I don't know how to fight Hsien-Ko."
The most surprising part of this story is that there's actually another Hsien-Ko player in the world that isn't me. (Hsien-Ko / Frank West / Tron Bonne)

mario is kinda like dr. doom if you think about it. easy to pick up, all around good at everything, you can literally spam one move (dive kick for doom, u-smash for mario) and still win. rosalina is p.accurate with morrigan. campy af, similar to morrigan. the rest are actually surprisingly accurate though except maybe corrin-dante
Doom is campy as **** too, though. Half of a defensive doom match is just him in the air spamming his plasma beams and you aren't even on the screen, and that and his missle attack are a lot closer to Luma spamming or the keep-away-when-Luma-Is-Missing strat than Mario's "U-smash in place five times in a row".

It's not a matter of if them zone or spam a move (It's marvel, that's what the game is built around), but how they go about it. In that way, I'd put Villager as the closer character to Morrigan based on how he throws out so many zoning moves at once at you and never stops doing it.

Last edited:
The only time I was happy with X-Factor, was when I had a Lv. 3 X-Factor comeback with Hsien-Ko against a Team Trenchcoat (Dante, Wesker, Vergil). Who was a 5th Lord, I was maybe either a 5th or 4th Lord.

The only time I'm pretty cool with X-factor is when I use it to get a "happy birthday"

That's about it. Lol. I remember back when I took UMvC3 seriously, Phoenix was a legit road block for me. I literally could not do much about the character but that could be credited to my character selection (Chris/Frank/Strider). Idk
Doom is campy as **** too, though. Half of a defensive doom match is just him in the air spamming his plasma beams and you aren't even on the screen, and that and his missle attack are a lot closer to Luma spamming or the keep-away-when-Luma-Is-Missing strat than Mario's "U-smash in place five times in a row".

It's not a matter of if them zone or spam a move (It's marvel, that's what the game is built around), but how they go about it. In that way, I'd put Villager as the closer character to Morrigan based on how he throws out so many zoning moves at once at you and never stops doing it.
Ah I see

Point taken~

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The most surprising part of this story is that there's actually another Hsien-Ko player in the world that isn't me. (Hsien-Ko / Frank West / Tron Bonne)
Funny thing is Hsien-Ko is usually my lead character.

She's my lead character when I go Hsien/Hulk/IronMan. And is my second when I go Frank/Hsien/IronMan.

Lead so I can get a full meter from a combo involving Hulk's Alpha assist, do Tenrai Ha, instantly DHC after the weight hits into Gamma Quake. Iron Man is so I can have a projectile assist to deal with rushdown heavy characters like Wolverine. And he can be used as a combo extender for Hulk.

As for the second team. She's the combo extender for Frank. And I begin my combos with either of the following:
qcb.L or jS, L, M, cM into the following:
c.H, S, jM, jM, jH, jqcf.L, jM, jS, Iron Man Assist (Unibeam), jqcf.H, cH, S, jM, jM, jH, jS, Hsien-Ko Assist (Senpu Bu), qcf.S, dp.M, qcf.S, qcb.L+M. And if I have enough meter, DHC into Hsien-Ko's dp.L+M, Hard Tag in Frank, qcf.S. Instant Lv. 5. :yeahboi:

And for Iron Man. He's my anchor and I actually use some Flight combos with Iron Man, just that I never see anyone use them at all.
(cL cM H qcbS L M H uH S cM H S jM jH jdH S Hsien-Ko Assist (Senpu Bu) dpL qcbL > H dpL qcfL+M)

Last edited:

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
Zelda is the 3rd most popular amiibo, take note Sakurai. BAN*ZELDA before she becomes too powerful for anyone to control

well i got a semi-serious answer

Back then, you actually learned a lot of cool new things about certain characters in this thread. That's due to how everyone here mains different characters. You have the Zelda mains, Link main, Shulk mains, Greninja mains, Rosalina mains, etc. It also helps that Vanilla (Lavani) shows an amusing GIF of why this game is ******** every now and then, then Aero/Kurogane Hammer usually posted a lot of numbers, data and some interesting facts (I still remember when he told us about Greninja's up B being able to send Zelda's phantom flying lol). So yeah, this thread sort of functioned as a guide. Hell, people compare tier lists here every now and then (much frequently before) and talk about characters. This place was even a warzone for customs vs non-customs at times

a non-serious answer, this thread teaches you have to have sass to the 99th power

could be the other way around tho

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Zelda is the 3rd most popular amiibo, take note Sakurai. BAN*ZELDA before she becomes too powerful for anyone to control
Her fabulousness has already reached the four corners of the earth, it cannot be stopped. She is the hero we deserve.

Can't wait for joke responses :\

That taste...is of a liar, Y2Kay Y2Kay !

You know you love the ****posts just as much as the informative ones.

Is that joke response enough?

Furret24

Smash Master
The Zelda Social is probably the best guide on Smashboards to be honest. I've learned so much from it.
:162:

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
This guide is also the only one to encompass so many genres/categories in one bundle. It has drama, comedy, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, mystery, tragedy, horror, action, adventure, political, religion, sass and more.

I have yet to see romance though.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Check out my new sig:

So a tourney Link player walks into a For Glory bar and the bar tender says "sorry we only serve for glory players here". So the Link player leaves.
The next day he disguises himself as a Captain Falcon player and walks into the FG bar. The bar tender says "I told you yesterday we only serve FG players here!" So the tourney player leaves.
The next day he disguises himself as a Marth player and walks into the bar. The bar tender says "I told you twice we only serve FG players here!" So the tourney player leaves.
The next day he disguises himself as a Cloud player and walks into the bar. The bar tender says "I keep telling you we only serve FG players here!" The tourney player finally asks "how did you know it was me?". The bar tender responds "you keep walking instead of spamming rolls in here."

:laugh:

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
This guide is also the only one to encompass so many genres/categories in one bundle. It has drama, comedy, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, mystery, tragedy, horror, action, adventure, political, religion, sass and more.

I have yet to see romance though.
Have you forgotten Philoz x Beserker?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
@SBphiloz4
EODM07 EODM07

thoughts?
Greninja being Spider-Man in another one of those, it would explain a lot about why I like the character so much lol

there's romance in this thread. it's just implied tho, not explicit

jk, phil is way too obvs ;^)

Last edited:
Top Bottom