• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Listening to the harp cover, reminded me of music, which reminded me of this:
Alright. Thanks to Lavani for posting. Now I can avoid the double post.

First listen to this to understand where the singing starts, etc. etc (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM3MzWYa_-Y)

Alright, once you've listened. Play this then sing the lyrics inside my post's spoiler (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPIICfBo_Z4)

There lyrics were kinda half ***** and honestly, I don't think it's good at all. I kinda rushed this **** so yeah. Some **** doesn't even rhyme but whatever:
[Diddy Kong]
One day more
Another day, another Diddy Kong
This never-ending road to true balance
These men who seem to know my jank
Will surely cry for some more nerfs
One day more

[New Diddy Kong main]
I did not win until today
How can I live when you are nerf'd hard

[Diddy Kong main]
One day more

[New Diddy Kong main]
Tomorrow, you'll be patched away
Yet with you, my career has started

[Wii Fit Trainer]
One more day, I'm low tier

[New Diddy Kong main]
Will I ever win again

[Zelda]
Zero point seven buffs let's go

[New Didd Kong main]
I was born to play to win

[Dedede]
Can I get my chain grab back?

[New Diddy Kong]
What the hell do I do now?!

[Lucina]
Marth invalidated me!

[Link]
One more day before I spam

[New Diddy Kong]
Do I tier ***** or not?

[Shulk]
At the chance of better frame speed

[New Diddy Kong]
Should I pick a fair fighter?

[Mario]
When our primate overlord

[New Diddy Kong]
Do I switch; and do I quit?

[Mario]
has fallen from dominance!

[everyone else]
The time is now, Diddy Kong falls!

[Diddy Kong]
One day more!

[Sakurai]
One day more to patch release day
We will buff the top tiers
We'll be ready for these whiners
They'll shower themselves with salt

[Diddy Kong]
One day more!

[Sheik]
Watch them as they cry
F-air them as they jump
Never know your luck
When Diddy Kong is there
Here's a little 'hoo'
There a little 'hah'
Most of them are goners
So they'll get u-air'd

[group 1 and group 2]
1: One day to a new metagame
2: Raise the flag of Sakurai

1: Every man is viable
2: Every man is viable

1: There's a new world for low tiers
2: There's a new world to be won

[everyone else]
Do you feel the hype right now?

[New Diddy Kong main]
Screw Diddy Kong, I'll join with you!

[Diddy Kong]
One day more!

[Swordfighter]
No one knows I even exist

[Fox]
I'm the new god of this game

[Swordfighter]
Might as well replace me with a mage

[Sakurai (overlapping)]
We'll show these competitives
We will crush their hope and dreams
We will buff Diddy Kong and Sheik
And also the blue hedgehog

[Diddy Kong]
One day more!

[Zelda]
Does my n-air I get less landing lag?

[Ness]
Can you buff by b-throw please?

[Snake]
Hey am I going to return yet?

[Sakurai]
One day more to patch release day
We will buff the top tiers
We'll be ready for these whiners

[Sheik]
Watch them as they cry
F-air them as they jump
Never know your luck
When Diddy Kong is there

[Diddy Kong]
Tomorrow I'm gonna get nerf'd
Tomorrow is the day of truth

[ALL]
Tomorrow we'll discover
What Sakurai has in store!
One more dawn!
One more day!
ONE DAY MORE!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4
EODM07 EODM07

thoughts?
This is stupidly accurate haha. And Robin is definitely Chris too.

I'll add a few more.
:4sonic: = Strider Hiryu
:4shulk: = Ghost Rider
:4bowserjr: = Tron Bonne
:4bowser: = Haggar
:4diddy: = Firebrand
:4pacman: = Rocket Raccoon
:4metaknight: = Dr. Strange
:4pit:/:4darkpit: = Taskmaster?
:4ryu: = Wesker (ironically lol)
:4palutena: = Hsien-Ko
:4zelda: = She-hulk (lmaoooo)
:4jigglypuff: = Phoenix Wright

He added more

What I think:
Peach = Storm (p. accurate)
Greninja = Spider-Man (accurate af)
Meta Knight = Firebrand (switch to diddy kong)
Sonic = Felicia (accurate af)
samus = tron (switch to bowser jr)
diddy = rocket raccoon (switch to ...?)
ganon = haggar (switch to bowser)
gw = shuma (accurate af)
nemesis = bowser (switch to ganondorf)
link = chris (switch to robin)
mewtwo = wesker (accurate af)
robin = dr. strange (switch to palutena)
wii fit = jill (p. accurate)
ike = spencer (accurate?)
luigi = skrull (accurate?)
ryu = ryu (duh)

SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

you're on point with shulk = ghost rider

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think I have a curse. Every character I want to main is destined to be bad. It even happened to me in Soku. Sakuya was considered bottom 5 and after I switch mains to Sanae, she raises up to best character in the entire game. I never thought Sakuya was bottom 5 anyways, but I mean you gotta be kidding me.
Was she really that low at one point? I don't remember that at all. I do remember being kind of unimpressed with her early in the game's life because she had some major proration compared to IaMP, but I didn't understand fighting games back then and totally overlooked her neutral and gdlk oki.

Sanae was fun but she had to work so hard. She did a good job of feeling like a ghetto Rachel Alucard though, which was pretty much good enough for me.

if you don't maind me asking What's soku? googling it gave me 100000000000 OCs
the bad version of Immaterial and Missing Power

---

Re: Comeback mechanics, it depends a lot on how they're designed and what sort of game they're in. As far as fighting games go, I don't really like comeback mechanics that go further than Blazblue's "Overdrive lasts longer when your HP is lower". For other genres (especially single player games), "low hp = more damage" mechanics can be really fun to play around with, especially for speedrunning.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I remember for a while people in America saying Soku Sakuya was absolute garbage, (long time ago) but then I looked again and she was unarguably at the top of all lists in America. Iirc Japan always thought she was broken and then they converTed the US player base.

Also Sheik = Sakuya

...and Aya tbh

Maybe Bayonetta would be Sakuya and Sheik would be Aya now.

Crossup Magic is BL Witch Twist.
...Their ranges are at least the same :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I always find it funny when people say that because I can't for the life of me play IaMP and it just feels super awkward and unintuitive to play
IaMP feels more like a standard fighting game, but with a lot of unique and fun mechanics (projectile normals, guard crush, declaring for health regen + supers instead of having access to supers the whole match which also sacrificed all your momentum, etc)

Soku slowed the game down a lot, added autocombos, massively toned down the reward on guard crush by only making it take off a single orb temporarily instead of all their spirit (I think IaMP had longer crush stagger+didn't prorate massively off a crush either), stripped bombs (Soku bombs do not count as bombs), added decks which turned what you could spend meter on into RNG (whyyyyyyyy), and in the original SWR there were even godawful mechanics compounding that (WRONGBLOCKING BEING SAFER THAN BLOCKING CORRECTLY LOL)

As a game Soku's a lot more straightforward to grasp, but IaMP was designed much much better imo. It just had more of a learning curve to it. But even if they were mechanically similar games I'd like IaMP a lot more just because Patchouli feels a lot clunkier in Soku to the point where I couldn't even stand playing her in it.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
IaMP feels more like a standard fighting game, but with a lot of unique and fun mechanics (projectile normals, guard crush, declaring for health regen + supers instead of having access to supers the whole match which also sacrificed all your momentum, etc)

Soku slowed the game down a lot, added autocombos, massively toned down the reward on guard crush by only making it take off a single orb temporarily instead of all their spirit (I think IaMP had longer crush stagger+didn't prorate massively off a crush either), stripped bombs (Soku bombs do not count as bombs), added decks which turned what you could spend meter on into RNG (whyyyyyyyy), and in the original SWR there were even godawful mechanics compounding that (WRONGBLOCKING BEING SAFER THAN BLOCKING CORRECTLY LOL)

As a game Soku's a lot more straightforward to grasp, but IaMP was designed much much better imo. It just had more of a learning curve to it. But even if they were mechanically similar games I'd like IaMP a lot more just because Patchouli feels a lot clunkier in Soku to the point where I couldn't even stand playing her in it.
I never really played Soku on a more technical level so I can see why it could be a worse game on that regard but IaMP just felt clunky to me

When I played it I just did Patchouli's story mode and spammed Royal Flare on everything lol

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There is a lot of lowkey romance in this thread, but you need to pay attention to subtle details.

Also, it's not "PhilxBerserker", it's "PhilxBerserker'sfeet"

:196:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
After trying them both, I just feel they appeal to different people. I like Soku a lot more because of the heavy movement emphasis. It really speaks to me as a Smash player having all these options, with deck customization being like custom movesets except actually legal. I don't particularly like weather, but at least it has a set pattern and generally isn't overly intrusive. Except Typhoon and River Mist. No one likes those.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay

I'm actually intrigued by this new Godzilla movie.

Toho is making this one. Godzilla is in a rubber suit as usual, but they do touch up the Big G with some CGI, instead of full cgi like in the American one.

Godzilla design this time is actually pretty unique. His body is covered in radiation burns, to make reference to the WWII. It's caused ...... some controversy but I still think it's creative.

It could be good, but we have no clues about the acting or story, so fingers crossed! :3

Oh yeah........ You girls didn't no I liked monster movies? :p well now you know

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just saw Episode 4 of Netoge.

It was alright, they threw in the obvious girl who is trying to steal the Male Protagonist's love from the Main Girl. Still a bit unconvinced by the romance, maybe that's how it's meant to be? Who knows. :V

Now to watch KonoSuba more. :yeahboi:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
About Zelda.

Her results are better than a lot of people make them out to be IMO.

I've already gone into to detail about this, and don't feel like repeating myself all over again, but here goes. People can dismiss Europe all they want, but Las Vegas, UAE, and For Glory are all of the world's best regions, and there's a high level Zelda in all of them. Ven is #7 on the LV PR. Fairess is on the top of UAE but that is way outdated. Macchiato dominates For Glory and online with Zelda, but sometimes doesn't use her all the time. Some has been on Hiatus too, but during all this, Zelda was the #16 most used character on For Glory, being used by players like Kuroganehammer (best Zelda in Australia/New Zealand), BJN39, SBphiloz4, Nairo, and Rickster. These results I think are definitely notable, and shouldn't be dismissed so soon.

But then again, gathering this information was some what tedious, so I'm not surprised more people don't know this.

The most optimistic I hear Zelda mains saying is that Zelda is top 15 material. That really isn't a hyperbole. Stating that Zelda has potential isn't really that bad and is something several other mid/high tier communities say the same thing too.

No notable or respectable members of the Zelda community, to my knowledge, have stated that Zelda is some sacred and hidden top tier. Most Zelda mains have accepted the fact that ~13th is probably the highest we can peak, but that's perfectly okay with most of us. We just believe our character can compete well on a national level. And Zelda mains, for the most part, need improvement in results, especially in easier regions outside of For Glory.

If Zelda mains do talk about Zelda a lot, it's because a lot of people don't understand Zelda at all. People still say stuff like: "She's basically a poor man's Sheik" ( oh man this one triggers me so much ), they do display ignorance about her, because the characters don't play hardly anything alike. Zelda does have plenty of attributes.

Even if she did emulate Sheik's play style, she does have merits over her, like slightly better sass, bigger Jigglypuffs, better kill power, better range on projectile (Din's Fire <3 ), higher weight (thank you based chest), bigger grab range, and etc... Zelda being a down grade isn't an honest evaluation of her.

Me and Gardevoir where not giving ESAM a hard time about putting Zelda so low. We just stated our criticism and opinions on the matter, as Zelda mains, and we did so in a completely respectable tone. For the most part I'm only qualified to talk about Zelda, and why she's the best. So to limit my chances of looking like a fool, I limit a lot of my discussion to her (because god forbid we spend our time only talking about stuff we're most qualified to talk about). Acting like we where gonna burn CCI to the ground if ESAM didn't move Zelda up a tier on his tier list (that ultimately doesn't matter at the end of the day) isn't a fair portrayal of what was happening in that thread.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
About Zelda.

I've already gone into to detail about this, and don't feel like repeating myself all over again, but here goes. People can dismiss Europe all they want, but Las Vegas, UAE, and For Glory are all of the world's best regions, and there's a high level Zelda in all of them. Ven is #7 on the LV PR. Fairess is on the top of UAE but that is way outdated. Macchiato dominates For Glory and online with Zelda, but sometimes doesn't use her all the time. Some has been on Hiatus too, but during all this, Zelda was the #16 most used character on For Glory, being used by players like Kuroganehammer (best Zelda in Australia/New Zealand), BJN39, SBphiloz4, Nairo, and Rickster. These results I think are definitely notable, and shouldn't be dismissed so soon.

But then again, gathering this information was some what tedious, so I'm not surprised more people don't know this.

The most optimistic I hear Zelda mains saying is that Zelda is top 15 material. That really isn't a hyperbole. Stating that Zelda has potential isn't really that bad and is something several other mid/high tier communities say the same thing too.

No notable or respectable members of the Zelda community, to my knowledge, have stated that Zelda is some sacred and hidden top tier. Most Zelda mains have accepted the fact that ~13th is probably the highest we can peak, but that's perfectly okay with most of us. We just believe our character can compete well on a national level. And Zelda mains, for the most part, need improvement in results, especially in easier regions outside of For Glory.

If Zelda mains do talk about Zelda a lot, it's because a lot of people don't understand Zelda at all. People still say stuff like: "She's basically a poor man's Sheik" ( oh man this one triggers me so much ), they do display ignorance about her, because the characters don't play hardly anything alike. Zelda does have plenty of attributes.

Even if she did emulate Sheik's play style, she does have merits over her, like slightly better sass, bigger Jigglypuffs, better kill power, better range on projectile (Din's Fire <3 ), higher weight (thank you based chest), bigger grab range, and etc... Zelda being a down grade isn't an honest evaluation of her.

Me and Gardevoir where not giving ESAM a hard time about putting Zelda so low. We just stated our criticism and opinions on the matter, as Zelda mains, and we did so in a completely respectable tone. For the most part I'm only qualified to talk about Zelda, and why she's the best. So to limit my chances of looking like a fool, I limit a lot of my discussion to her (because god forbid we spend our time only talking about stuff we're most qualified to talk about). Acting like we where gonna burn CCI to the ground if ESAM didn't move Zelda up a tier on his tier list (that ultimately doesn't matter at the end of the day) isn't a fair portrayal of what was happening in that thread.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
About Zelda.

SMH.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Lol Zelda Social ships

All of y'all are single lol

This is what happens when you main a basic ***** like Zeldawful lmao

Excuse me gorls of mains from all over, may I have your attention?

Are you tired of seeing lines of text like:
Most Greninja mains can't ****ing shut up about him, even though he's not especially relevant or good
and not being able to do anything about it?
Are you tired of living under the fear of being the next victim of shading?

Well fear not!!

After days of extracting a chemical, sassotonium, known to only exist in Lorde Lorde 's posts, our scientists here @KuroganeHammer .com have successfully reconstituted the fiery substance.
With this product you can truly fight FIRE WITH FIRE for only $13.99
BUT WAIT!
Call within the next 10 minutes and you'll get your very own @TTTTTsd at NO additional cost!!
(and remember folks, 1 like= 1 second SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 has with Berserker. Berserker. 's foot)

Why stop there?
Flame your friends,
Flame your pets,
Flame your spouse,
Flame your mother,
or I'll chi-blast your grandma down the stairs
and remember as famous, 13 time Emmy award winner and lover BJN39 BJN39 said,
"All's fair in love and war :secretkpop:"​

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Well fear not!!

After days of extracting a chemical, sassotonium, known to only exist in Lorde Lorde 's posts, our scientists here @KuroganeHammer .com have successfully reconstituted the fiery substance.
BUT WAIT!
Call within the next 10 minutes and you'll get your very own @TTTTTsd at NO additional cost!!
(and remember folks, 1 like= 1 second SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 has with Berserker. Berserker. 's foot)

Why stop there?
Flame your friends,
Flame your pets,
Flame your spouse,
Flame your mother,
holly schist i need 50 of those btw how much of sasstonium does Lorde Lorde 's acid contain?

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Well fear not!!

BUT WAIT!

Why stop there?
Flame your friends,
Flame your pets,
Flame your spouse,
Flame your mother,
Can my TTTTTsd do fancy tricks like brew Sass Tea? :secretkpop:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Zelda social: With illegal advertising

But, y'know, all's fair in love and war :secretkpop:

Btw 13 is also the number of Zelda's amiibo

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I made a tier list on voice acting.

No bias :secretkpop:

upload_2016-4-28_18-27-14.png

Tier F has no voice actors. Tier list in order.

SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 oh how you mock me . . . .

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
What's weird is, Zelda isn't a discount Sheik but Sheik can be used as a discount Zelda. Like when "Zelda" is supposed to appear at the mall during the festivus season so kids can sit on her lap and ask for presents like pendulums and amiibos as rewards for being sassy all year. But instead Sheik is there. And the manager tells the kids "it's Zelda in her Sheik persona" but all the adults are thinking "pttthh they just hired some skinny-*** white boy to wear the costume".

Remember kids, accept no substitutes :4zelda:.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
If this across all media or just Smash Brothers?

Cause if we're talking DAN GREEN BLESSED as Mewtwo, I don't actually mind him being first.
Bruh, I put Mewtwo first because for some reason he only talks in the japanese version

But wholly crap is his Japanese voice awesome ! ! !

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lmao I think that gorl ignored me

Whatever; it's ha loss

Last edited:
Top Bottom