• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I swear I'm enjoying more and more of KonoSuba the more I watch it. Already up to Episode 7. The ED theme of the show is just... so peaceful, I love it. <3

I just got some other shows to wait to air, so at least KonoSuba keeps me occupied since it's already finished, with Season 2 coming soon. Shows I'm watching are pretty much Netoge every Thursday, Ace Attorney & Sakamoto every Saturday and My Hero Academia on Sunday. At least they keep me occupied when I got nothing else to do. And let the rust build up more from not playing Sm4sh and getting more tr4sh with Lucina. :secretkpop:

I find it pretty funny that a water type Pokémon has generated such a heated discussion

Oh well Water types do learn Scald.
Funny thing is in almost every generation, I have used Water Starters. Squirtle, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawatt and Froakie. Only time I didn't was in Gen 2 when I went with Cyndaquil, because Cyndaquil is CUTE! <3

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just want to make it clear that I have nothing against Greninja the character.

It's ha mains that I have a problem with.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
you need to play it

the story is decent and the cel shading is adorable

also it'll make you become a supporter of tetra for smash

i've played like 6 or 7 zelda games and WWHD is my favorite one

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I have had WW HD on my shelf for years and I never even removed the plastic from the case.

I probably should feel bad for this lol
That makes two of us. I bet that same thing would happen if I bought TP HD.

Anyway, df is going on here? Lorde Lorde your ignorance has caused me to lose some respect for you. I'm sorry if you liked me before, but you won't like me now. It's over, gurl.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have played a bit of WW on Dolphin before thanks to my uncle, I think I got up to the 2nd dungeon and stopped because of emulator problems

Amusingly since my uncle had already beaten the game once, when I started playing I ended up playing with Link on his pajamas and I remember finding the scene where you get the "clothes" to be the most hilarious thing

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I respect nearly everyone here. It tends to take a lot for it to be otherwise.

And I have now and then, but probably not the 'things' you have in mind. /shrug
l'll tell you that that wasn't my first rant and I'll leave it at that

I just reread that post, and honestly, I don't understand why you thought that post was so awful and stuff. Like, I get that it was rude and that you're a Greninja main. I mean, all it boiled down to was that Greninja mains are like Rosalinda cultists and that he's not as relevant as Greninja mains like to think.

And I feel that I need to address the fact that I didn't write that post because of Dabooze's post in the CCI thread. I had been feeling frustrated with the (imo baseless) Greninja optimism for a few months now. I didn't post that because I thought it was cool or that I'd be like Dabooze or whatever.

Anyway, you can have whatever opinion you want about me since I probably deserve it. I mean, I definitely haven't been the nicest person here.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
RE: Zelda Wii U/NX

Sigh... I'm not even worried or disappointed that the new Zelda is being delayed yet again. I was kind of expecting it to be honest. (I know Nintendo is going to reveal more stuff during E3 this year but at this point I'm just happy to know that they're still working on it at least.)

But this... I'm also not surprised that the game is also coming to NX. That said, I was really hoping it wouldn't happen. I really was.

In other news, I just streetpassed a Sheik mii that told me to eat vegan.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
l'll tell you that that wasn't my first rant and I'll leave it at that

I just reread that post, and honestly, I don't understand why you thought that post was so awful and stuff. Like, I get that it was rude and that you're a Greninja main. I mean, all it boiled down to was that Greninja mains are like Rosalinda cultists and that he's not as relevant as Greninja mains like to think.

And I feel that I need to address the fact that I didn't write that post because of Dabooze's post in the CCI thread. I had been feeling frustrated with the (imo baseless) Greninja optimism for a few months now. I didn't post that because I thought it was cool or that I'd be like Dabooze or whatever.

Anyway, you can have whatever opinion you want about me since I probably deserve it. I mean, I definitely haven't been the nicest person here.
Can already feel a migraine coming.

"Awful" is exaggerating, it's more like yawning and shaking my head. The whole 'Sheik is a better Greninja' is about as old as comparing Zelda to Sheik since Melee. The two have nothing in common other than a ninja complex. Sheik is better than most of the cast, so all you're doing is saying something redundant and ignorant.

I don't care if x person thinks he's x tier or not. There's a fine line between optimism and hopeful. If x player wins a huge tournament with some underused character, it's pretty logical to expect mains of that character to start feeling some hope. If people are getting overly optimistic, let them learn the hard way that it's not all butterflies and rainbows. And if the optimism pays off, let them enjoy it while it lasts. You can't hold their hand and tell them how they should/shouldn't be acting.

Anyway BJN39 BJN39 if ya need us to take this to PMs, let me know, sis.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
What I will say in regards to the Greninja thing is that while being passionate about a character is nice and all, I do think it's been a little much. I get that there's a lot of frustration with dumb memes and just people generally making fun of the character just because of what happened in a single patch but going too far on the other side is not really gonna make things any better.

Greninja does have a lack of representation and results. Most Greninja mains don't attend to supermajors and when iStudying went to Pound he underperformed which doesn't help matters. Greninja does have good theory but that theory hasn't really be put in practice yet. All we know is that Greninja has been having good results against Diddy and Fox but that's it.

I do think though that the "Sheik is a better Greninja" thing is a little unfair when you can make similar statements about basically every non top tier (Cloud is a better every other sword character for instance) but for some reason Greninja gets singled out for this even though he doesn't even play the same way as Sheik.

I'm optimist about Greninja, I don't see much point about being negative about the character you play because that just leads to a defeatist atittude that doesn't really do you any good, but I can still recognize that Greninja isn't a very consistent character in the meta yet. That might change in the future, who knows, but for the current meta Greninja's results aren't matching the theory.

I would love to be able to contribute to the Greninja meta and help him get more exposure, but I live in a irrelevant country and I'm not even that good so I was doomed from the start but that's just how it goes.

This took way longer to type than it had any right to.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Straight up, Sheik isn't really a ninja. She's really more of a medieval assassin.

Think of her more as like Altair from Assasin's Creed than like an actual ninja.

:150:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Like yew haven't posted here a thousand times and like farmed this place for triple thaT. :secretkpop:
Yew caughT me. :secretkpop:
But at least I'm not like SBlike***** and I didn't post thaT Zelda hair flip gif.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
About Greninja.

His results are better than a lot of people make them out to be IMO.

I've already gone into to detail about this, and don't feel like repeating myself all over again, but here goes. People can dismiss Europe all they want, but The Netherlands, France, and Germany are all of Europe's best regions, and there's a high level greninja in all of them. Istudying and Elexiao are both PR'ed #3 in the Netherlands and France, respectively. Eddy is #5 on the German PR, but that one I found is WAAY outdated. Venia's greninja has also beaten nearly half of the NY PR too, but retired from smash about a month ago. Some has been on Hiatus too, but during his hayday, he was #16 in the Japanese PR and had wins over players like Shuton, Motsunabe, KEN, Earth, and Shogun. These results I think are definitely notable, and shouldn't be dismissed so soon.

But then again, gathering this information was some what tedious, so I'm not surprised more people don't know this.

The most optimistic I hear Greninja mains saying is that Greninja is top 15 material. That really isn't a hyperbole. Stating that greninja has potential isn't really that bad and is something several other mid tier communities say the same thing too.

No notable or respectable members of the greninja community, to my knowledge, have stated that greninja is some sacred and hidden top tier. Most greninja mains have accepted the fact that ~13th is probably the highest we can peak, but that's perfectly okay with most of us. We just believe our character can compete well on a national level. And Greninja mains have, for the most part, his results are in need of improvement, especially in the US.

If Greninja mains do talk about Greninja a lot, it's because a lot of people don't understand greninja at all. People still say stuff like: "He's basically a poor man's Sheik" ( oh man this one triggers me so much ), they do display ignorance about him, because the characters don't play hardly anything a like. Greninja does have plenty of attributes

Even if he did emulate Sheik's play style, he does have merits over her, like slightly better mobility, bigger disjoints, better kill power, better range on projectile, higher weight, bigger grab range, and etc. Greninja being a down grade isn't an honest evaluation of him.

Me and bc1910 where not giving Dabuz a hard time about putting greninja so low. We just stated our criticism and opinions on the matter, as greninja mains, and we did so in a completely respectable tone. For the most part I'm only qualified to talk about Greninja, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Pit. So to limit my chances of looking like a fool, I limit a lot of my discussion to those four characters (because god forbid we spend our time only talking about stuff we're most qualified to talk about). Acting like we where gonna burn CCI to the ground if Dabuz didn't move Greninja up a tier on his tier list (that ultimately doesn't matter at the end of the day) isn't a fair portrayal of what was happening in that thread.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay

...then why are you? Especially here, after what just happened? Spritzee triggered you with an overgeneralization of Greninja and now you're just walking his stereotype for Greninjas.
TBH i just copy pasted a bunch of old stuff I said lol.

And all the other greninja mains in the Zelda Social chimed in, so I felt obligated to do so as well.

And what Gardevoir described isn't even a generalization of Greninja mains, it's more of like a memefication of Greninja's. I can kinda tell what he was hinting at, but what he was saying was basically a massive hyperbole of an actual greninja main.

So I calmly and maturely dissected every point he made about Greninja mains being "literal AIDS"

I was kinda burnt out yesterday. I was frustrated with CCI, and came here to chill out some. So imagine how I felt when the first thing I saw was Gardevoir's post. And I did take it personally at the time.

So I was kinda trying just to redeem myself from that.

Spirst

I'm just wondering why this even matters enough to warrant lasting any longer than like 2 posts. I like Greninja and think he's pretty good but I couldn't give two ****s about getting involved in any conflict over him since it's ultimately dumb and not worth it. People on the internet have varying opinions, sometimes radical ones. Perhaps I'm just desensitized to online stuff but this is one of the more ridiculous Zelda social "dramas".

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Let's just chill and stop talking about Greninja because even I am getting tired of talking about him and that's saying something.

Whether or not people say stuff about him without having a clue about the character, if he's top 15 or mid tier, none of it really matters. If Greninja is that good or not only time will tell, until then just play the game.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
you know sometimes i think about chesnaught being in smash then i realize he would be trash :c

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
you know sometimes i think about chesnaught being in smash then i realize he would be trash :c
Considering everyone uses it very defensively online I don't think he would make for a very interesting character in Smash... but the thought of leech seed being implemented horribly in Smash the way Cloud's Limit is makes me chuckle

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
C'mon guys I was just trying to clarify on how I felt on the whole thing. I understand it doesn't matter that much, and I'm not posting about it anymore.

Everyone else post their closing statement, so I made one too

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
oop misread that have a villager pic instead

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I think I have a curse. Every character I want to main is destined to be bad. It even happened to me in Soku. Sakuya was considered bottom 5 and after I switch mains to Sanae, she raises up to best character in the entire game. I never thought Sakuya was bottom 5 anyways, but I mean you gotta be kidding me.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I think I have a curse. Every character I want to main is destined to be bad. It even happened to me in Soku. Sakuya was considered bottom 5 and after I switch mains to Sanae, she raises up to best character in the entire game. I never thought Sakuya was bottom 5 anyways, but I mean you gotta be kidding me.
if you don't maind me asking What's soku? googling it gave me 100000000000 OCs

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Touhou Hisoutensoku, Touhou fighter where you fly around and stuff. It's really neat but kinda weird since it has a higher emphasis on projectile play. Also, some characters have really ridiculous gimmicks.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Poor heavies :/. Ches would be just like Bowser, but slower and with grassy...things and stuff. I'd imagine that Spiky Shield would be an interesting gimmick though.

I wish that my mindset let me not care about my characters' misinformation so much. I really wanted to post a rant or something here or in Competitive Impressions, but I resisted my urges...so far at least.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
honestly be realistic but also don't care about what people have to say too much

people here say zeldas **** all the time, but idgaf. do i think she's a good character? no, but i still try to advance her so yeah, do whatever but don't be insane and say stuff like "zelda is mid tier because she can kill" for example.

tl;dr you do you.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Poor heavies :/. Ches would be just like Bowser, but slower and with grassy...things and stuff. I'd imagine that Spiky Shield would be an interesting gimmick though.

I wish that I didn't have to care about my characters' misinformation so much. I really wanted to post a rant or something here or in Competitive Impressions, but I resisted my urges...so far at least.
I was thinking whenever you pefect shield the enemy takes half damage if they are at a certain range

Top Bottom