• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
He also has bottom 5 air acceleration.

:p
I was waiting for someone to bring that up

Congratulations, you were petty enough to do it :secrettrashpop:

Also that trashy ffamran emoji will never fail to make me feel uncomfortable

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Speaking of air acceleration, does having good air deceleration actually help at all? It only feels noticeable on Game and Watch.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Choose Ryu

Jump forwards and then hold the stick in the opposite direction

You tell me if air deceleration matters :^)

But yeah, good air deceleration means that jumps are less of a commitment

It's still not that important, though

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Threw up in public today. How am I going to live this down? I really don't need more things to randomly cringe about.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yeah it didn't lol.

I think some of it might be because people here at home are using the internet as well and my dad most likely is using Netflix as well.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The only time I've been koo-pa'd was on a platform when he had 120 rage and I was at 50. If you di directly above him he can't connect it at regular kill percents cus lovely floaty property.
Your matchup knowledge, (or lack thereof) is showing.

Uthrow uair is a TRUE COMBO. You CANNOT DI it. It kills and TRUE COMBOS Zelda at 80-100% with no rage and 60% with max rage.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
This is what I see as Zelda's potential winning MUs:
  • :4duckhunt:- Trouble killing, not particularly effective at walling Zelda out thanks to Naryu's (though Naryu's can also be baited out and punished, especially with Can), Zelda outdamages and kills earlier and more reliably, harassable recovery
  • :4miigun:- Similar to Duck Hunt, though Gunner's projectiles are more difficult to deal with since there's so many of them and they are quicker. Better recovery than dog as well. Still seems advantaged though and I think that san. put it as in Zelda's favor or even. Haven't played this matchup much at all though so what do I know.
  • :4samus: - Large stature and floatiness allows for easy Lightning Kicks and combos (Jab -> LK works best on her out of all characters for instance), same general anti-zoner perks shared with the above two characters.
  • :4ganondorf: - Slightly worse CCC than Zelda, much worse long range game, easily gimped, slower in both movement and attacking, combo food
  • :4robinf: - Slower than Zelda, can't abuse her projectiles to get in thanks to Naryu's, about equal in ko power, easily gimped, even in CCC
  • :4rob: - Can pressure Zelda, but is combo/LK food, needs to be careful of reflector when using Gyro/Robo Beam, exploitable recovery, his d-throw -> u-air is about as dangerous as Zelda's in the matchup.
  • :4jigglypuff: - Close to even since she can abuse her fair superior air speed, her b-air and Rest a good amount in this matchup, but Zelda's ko power, better overall range and CCC edge out the matchup in Zelda's favor
I would post my matchup chart, but I would probably get eaten alive by the penissism

And we definitely lose to Bowser. They big body perks are nice and all, but his jab, tilts and grab range totally beat out Zelda's CCC and mid range and he kills Zelda earlier on average than Zelda kills, which is awful for a character who relies on her ko power so much.

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Choose Ryu

Jump forwards and then hold the stick in the opposite direction

You tell me if air deceleration matters :^)

But yeah, good air deceleration means that jumps are less of a commitment

It's still not that important, though
That's the thing, apparently Ryu's air deceleration is the same as everyone else's. Roy's is higher than most characters and it still feels like nothing.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My MU chart from just over a month ago. I never played Miis before so you can kinda disregard them.

I'd definitely consider moving Mewtwo and Samus, but can't be bothered. Probably Lucina too.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So who are you guys voting for?

I'm not voting for anyone because Democracy is an illusion.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Could see this conversation going south, but I'll bite. Probably Sanders. I used to be for Hilary, but then she just kept lying and lying and now I find it difficult to take her seriously. Should she get the nomination for Democratic nominee, I'll probably vote for her for the sake of not having Trump or Cruz as president.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
D3 is a really annoying char for Zelda. I'm probably biased since I have a really good one locally not that he even uses D3 for locals too often...

D

Deleted member

D3 is a really annoying char for Zelda. I'm probably biased since I have a really good one locally not that he even uses D3 for locals too often...
Just play lame and don't commit to anything. Dedede can't do much lol

Take this from somebody who mained Dedede since launch until I dropped him a couple months ago. An important thing to do in the Dedede MU is to truly know the character's tricks. Dedede falls apart to very patient or lame play.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice

Take this from somebody who mained Dedede since launch until I dropped him a couple months ago. An important thing to do in the Dedede MU is to truly know the character's tricks. Dedede falls apart to very patient or lame play.
Can't Zelda kill D3 super easily off the top though

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

Except the D3 in my area has faced me/my Zelda since Brawl and knows everything about me and Zelda. Doesn't help he's also the top D3.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Can't Zelda kill D3 super easily off the top though
Huh? Not even close. DDD has overall the best survivability in the game, despite having a lower weight value than Bowser.

Usmash won't even kill until like 130% lol

Elevator isn't much better, and you won't be getting many OoS ones unless you perfect shield something.

D

Deleted member

i know how to buff zelda

put :zelda: in the game, with Sm4sh utilt, Farore's and not being able to fall out of smashes

voila, zelda goes from terrible to less terrible

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I personally prefer brawl utilt

Sm4sh utilt is probs the better move, tho

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I prefer the new one since it gives us a combo starter and a move that can be used in the neutral without a ton of risk. It would really be great if they gave it the range and disjoint of the old one though.

It would be cool if the beginning of Utilt had KO power and it steadily weakened towards the end if the move. That way it would double as a combo move from the back and a kill move from the front. The back is way better for combos (currently) anyway.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Could see this conversation going south, but I'll bite. Probably Sanders. I used to be for Hilary, but then she just kept lying and lying and now I find it difficult to take her seriously. Should she get the nomination for Democratic nominee, I'll probably vote for her for the sake of not having Trump or Cruz as president.
Nah I don't really care, I hope none of them become president. I hope Zombie George Washington takes the office, I want him in that position because he didn't want to be in that position, he is a great example.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Who isn't curious as to how Trump would run the country though?

Either way I can't vote in the US.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Who isn't curious as to how Trump would run the country though?

Either way I can't vote in the US.
I think people would go crazy and riot and think that it's justified.

I wish to secede from the union.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
So today I had to go up against one of the best dks in the region (thank God we are immune to the ding dong KO) and I came back on smashville from 139% to his 40% by shield dropping dair sweet spot followed by up taunt that I proceded to enact in real life.

Sass levels off the charts rn.

Top Bottom