• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
My father's cousin's brother's former roommate works at Nintendo and can confirm Zelda's weight gain.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
gorls, patch 1.1.6 notes were leaked...

a japanese smasher datamined and found notes for zelda, and this was translated from him:

This is fake.

Zelda got rid of that extra baggage. (:4sheik:)

Also, I'm still going through some characters to sub just in case... And I'm actually leaning towards Mario now. I do need to practice more with him, but I do have a little bit of knowledge of using him in the past. Since I was going through that phase where I wanted to choose between :4drmario: and :4mario: several months ago.

But I'll have to wait and see who I do better with. :4bowser:, :4mario: or :4corrinf:.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

Thoughts on the Zelda vs Bayo MU????
Never found a competent Bayo yet with Zelda, so most of my opinions are theorycraft. It might be a blessing that my region has like no Bayos at all, haha

Basically this MU looks to be utter trash because I think Zelda's figure is perfect for Bayo's combos. Floaty and tall makes her much more susceptible to her UpB, SideB and Fair aerial combos, especially with their janky hitboxes. Doesn't help that Dtilt and UpB shut down our approach options quite well. Punishing grounded SideB is difficult because of the 50/50 she has in either she will follow up or not. Probably the best option is to powershield and Dtilt/Utilt immediately. If you do that a few times it will discourage the Bayo to really do it, which alleviates things but it's probably stupidly hard to do.

Our best part is offstage game but it really doesn't matter because Bayo's recovery is nuts. Only best thing is to punish a random Side B here and there. Meanwhile, she can edgeguard us really easy. UpB can probably 2-frame us quite well, and if you didn't refresh your edge invincibility, that's a free Dsmash or Dair on us. I feel this may be one of the few MUs where you actually have to recovery high or onstage sometimes and pray you don't eat a huge punish for it. Finally, Witch Time seems annoying but I think that if you are patient enough, and use your multi-hit moves to your advantage it actually won't be that bad. It actually shouldn't be too much of a factor in this MU because Bayos should know we get a lot of mileage off of grabs. Bait them out to alleviate another problem. It's too bad Zelda's grab itself is really slow so it's hard to rely on it to punish WT on whiff. And Zelda's frame data really makes it difficult to punish Bayo even with immense landing lag. Just have to be patient I guess. Throw some Din's and Phantom's to trigger them here and there (Bayo can't do much to zoning even if it's terrible zoning options, just don't do it in the range of her QCF SideB) and really just try and go for the early rage kills with throw combos and FW.

Verdict: -3

SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4
Help! I don't know what to do in the Zelda vs Zelda matchup!
whoever does the UpB -> SideB true combo to SD first is the winner because it frees that player from any emotional trauma they would have faced obvsly

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Can confirm with my own eyes through . . . . "scientific observation" that her "weight" increased.

For real tho, sheik and zelda used to be the same weight but now sheik is a lot lighter (thanks nerfs)

:150:

Never found a competent Bayo yet with Zelda, so most of my opinions are theorycraft. It might be a blessing that my region has like no Bayos at all, haha

Basically this MU looks to be utter trash because I think Zelda's figure is perfect for Bayo's combos. Floaty and tall makes her much more susceptible to her UpB, SideB and Fair aerial combos, especially with their janky hitboxes. Doesn't help that Dtilt and UpB shut down our approach options quite well. Punishing grounded SideB is difficult because of the 50/50 she has in either she will follow up or not. Probably the best option is to powershield and Dtilt/Utilt immediately. If you do that a few times it will discourage the Bayo to really do it, which alleviates things but it's probably stupidly hard to do.

Our best part is offstage game but it really doesn't matter because Bayo's recovery is nuts. Only best thing is to punish a random Side B here and there. Meanwhile, she can edgeguard us really easy. UpB can probably 2-frame us quite well, and if you didn't refresh your edge invincibility, that's a free Dsmash or Dair on us. I feel this may be one of the few MUs where you actually have to recovery high or onstage sometimes and pray you don't eat a huge punish for it. Finally, Witch Time seems annoying but I think that if you are patient enough, and use your multi-hit moves to your advantage it actually won't be that bad. It actually shouldn't be too much of a factor in this MU because Bayos should know we get a lot of mileage off of grabs. Bait them out to alleviate another problem. It's too bad Zelda's grab itself is really slow so it's hard to rely on it to punish WT on whiff. And Zelda's frame data really makes it difficult to punish Bayo even with immense landing lag. Just have to be patient I guess. Throw some Din's and Phantom's to trigger them here and there (Bayo can't do much to zoning even if it's terrible zoning options, just don't do it in the range of her QCF SideB) and really just try and go for the early rage kills with throw combos and FW.

Verdict: -3
Thanks a ton Phil~

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Street fighter 5 is entertaining. It's a lot faster than SF4. Honestly I like the pacing of 4 better, but I'm weird.

But it's still really good at the top level. Goo Infiltration.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
gorls, patch 1.1.6 notes were leaked...

a japanese smasher datamined and found notes for zelda, and this was translated from him:

Source plox

This is also the exact number I thought of for Zeldawful weight buffs...though, not because of breast size increases.

Real talk they probably added 3F of endlag to jab because of the extra weight she'd have to lug around smh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Source plox

This is also the exact number I thought of for Zeldawful weight buffs...though, not because of breast size increases.

Real talk they probably added 3F of endlag to jab because of the extra weight she'd have to lug around smh.
add me on Discord and I can show ya the source, if you use it anyway

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I was gonna ask if anyone would be down for some matches today.

BUUUUT I don't feel that motivated on sparring today in Sm4sh. :V
I'm gonna be a lazy schmuck and probably marathon KonoSuba and Gochiusa S2.

:yeahboi:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Moving away from the political talk to go back to the former discussion about Zelda's MUs. Here are my two cents about some common MUs that are considered "good" for Zelda.

:4jigglypuff: - Arguably our best MU, but I still think it's even at best. Zelda can kill Jiggs at very low %, but Zelda's awful frame data makes her subject to Rest. Jiggs does well to control air space, but Zelda can control the ground game decently. Both have eh neutrals.
I have lots of insight in this MU. I can confidently say that Zelda does not win. All that Zelda has in this MU is very early kills and more range. Jigglypuff will only be punished if we space horribly. Our B-air, F-air, and N-air are safe on shield. It will be very rarely we get caught by an elevator. It is also known that Zelda shields a lot which is very bad in this MU. One N-air/B-air will be enough for Pound to break a shield, so Zelda will have to be careful. Puff can punish most things out of shield from Zelda, here's a list: U-smash, D-smash, Falling N-air, Whiffed Grab, Dash Attack, U-tilt, and Badly Spaced F-tilt. It's also known that Zelda's moves whiff a crouching opponent, so we can Crouch to Rest Punish. If that's not enough, F-air to Rest is a fairly easy kill confirm to land and D-air to Rest works too. Gimping is what would seem easy for Zelda but it's really not. Yes, you could footstool or maybe just D-air, but a smart Puff would recovery far by the blastzone and maybe above the ledge. Same goes for Zelda, we could just twoframe with N-air everytime, but you can mix it up by holding down so it hits Puff instead. Puff's neutral isn't that best, but it is better than Zelda's. Zelda's neutral is considered one of the worst neutrals in the whole game. I say it's either even or a -1 for Zelda.

I think we solidly beat :4jigglypuff:. On neutral, our nair is actually a great tool to beat out her aerials. If we trade with our sweetspot fair/bair, we will benefit from the trade. :4jigglypuff: will beat us in the aerial game and we bother us airborne. On the ground :4zelda: wins due to more range, speed, and disjoints. We can combo her, but the percents are much more strict than with other characters. Any bad punishable move like a bad din's or phantom will get :4jigglypuff: a rest off. We can also use the Elevator which kills as early as rest so she must be cautious on spacing and can't throw out bad moves on shield. Generally, we have a advantage on killing. Our Uair is great at killing and getting her in the air. Usmash is very good at being an anti-air and kills early as well. Lightning Kicks can be used, but can only really be landed by aerial trades or if :4jigglypuff: missed a rest. :4jigglypuff: really just has bair and rest. Bair is safe but is punishable on whiff and hard to hit. Rest is kinda self explainable. Edgeguarding game is something both are great at. :4zelda: can mess with the low jumps that :4jigglypuff: contains. We can nair, footstool, dair, etc. :4zelda: is forced to recover on to the stage or from above. She can also hold down to hit :4jigglypuff:. :4jigglypuff:'s nair is great at covering the 2frame thing and limiting a recovery option is something good.

imo
:4zelda:60:40:4jigglypuff:
That's certainly a change of heart Macchi

btw how've you been @Seagull Joe ? It's been a while

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Shielding against Puff is a non-issue because Pound can't break a full shield and shields regain health stupidly quickly in this game. Her grab game is one of the least threatening in the game, since she gets nothing from throws aside from damage/positioning.

I forgot that Jigglypuff cultists exist lmao

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shielding against Puff is a non-issue because Pound can't break a full shield and shields regain health stupidly quickly in this game. Her grab game is one of the least threatening in the game, since she gets nothing from throws aside from damage/positioning.

"p-puff beats ZSS because she can totally crouch under most of her moveset!!!"

D

Deleted member

KIRBY BEAT PRE-PATCH SHEIK!!1!111
kirby probably has the most annoying community of any character in smash 4, real talk

go into the kirby discord and you'll see what i mean. for people who main a pink puffball they sure are a bunch of assholes

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
kirby probably has the most annoying community of any character in smash 4, real talk

go into the kirby discord and you'll see what i mean. for people who main a pink puffball they sure are a bunch of ********
This one Kirby player at my locals gets hyped up whenever he lands a dtilt trip into fsmash kill (guaranteed combo and just two inputs). If all Kirbys are like that, it's no wonder the character doesn't get too much attention.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
LOL, I don't know why Kirby mains think they auto win against fastfallers

Greninja definitely wins that match up, there isn't much to discuss about it.

:150:

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
If there is one thing to credit Kirby with, it's that he's probably the best anti-Falcon character there is.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I don't think any of those are as troublesome to Falcon as Kirby is. Kirby can duck under the majority of falcon's moves the same way G&W can, but Kirby also spikes Falcon super easily because of the lack of his hitbox on upB. He combos him really hard too, and Falcon can't get too many combos on him because of how floaty/light Kirby is.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
"p-puff beats ZSS because she can totally crouch under most of her moveset!!!"
Maybe, if Puff could ever approach, get throw her range, or land, sure. As of now, no Puff loses.

Well beating Zelda isn't really an accomplishment, Puff still loses to like half of the roster and beats like 7... at most.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Way to talk behind peoples back.....see what happens if you were to say it in their boards directly...and not centralise them all.

Top Bottom