• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Big Boss would look like without any pants? It would be hilariously stupid.
but isn't that the point of metal gear?
I could be wrong i don't play metal gear

I'll always admit cammy looks dumb though
Kids these days with their darn emotes. :4pacman:
my b i meant
:4dedede:
air speed - 0.658 [55th]
Air Acceleration - 0.04

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
but isn't that the point of metal gear?
I could be wrong i don't play metal gear

I'll always admit cammy looks dumb though
It is, but when Big Boss was wearing his military officer outfit, it was a time of sadness and seriousness, so seeing Cammy wear that without any pants looks really stupid.

my b i meant
:4dedede:
air speed - 0.658 [55th]
Air Acceleration - 0.04
Meanwhile, :4ganondorf:.
Air speed - 0.79 (54th).
Air acceleration - 0.03 (50-53rd)

He's got only one, low jump and a vertical recovery move that's exploitable. Triple D's at least got multiple jumps and armor and hitbox on his Super Dedede Jump.

Edit: Watching videos of Bayonetta... Bullet Climax can be shield canceled, charged to kill off-stage, fires like a machine gun, looks like it has low recovery, does hit stun, and only has slightly less range compared to Falco's Blaster... Melee Falco Blaster with no auto-cancel, when? ;_;

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Meanwhile, :4ganondorf:.
Air speed - 0.79 (54th).
Air acceleration - 0.03 (50-53rd)

He's got only one, low jump and a vertical recovery move that's exploitable. Triple D's at least got multiple jumps and armor and hitbox on his Super Dedede Jump.
  1. it's not as much as it is about recovery as it is about getting out of air traps
  2. having to compare to ganon only really improves a man's case

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Holy Sakurai, I forgot how much I hate fighting FG Falcons. What do you do when he can react to 99% of actions with a dash grab then fish for kills with Side-B?

Particularly for Antonykun Antonykun , my Villager was getting destroyed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
  1. it's not as much as it is about recovery as it is about getting out of air traps
  2. having to compare to ganon only really improves a man's case
I'm pointing out how Ganondorf's got it worse. Triple D can still move about instead of just committing to one direction. Should Triple D's air speed be a bit better? Or perhaps his multi-jump cover a bit more distance? Sure, but even then, Ganondorf's got it much worse and Ganondorf in general has it worse movement-wise compared to everyone else in the entire game. Also, unlike Triple D, Ganondorf didn't go from bad air speed in Melee (0.78) to below average in Brawl (0.846) and then bad again in Smash 4. Triple D was always Triple D. In general, everyone with below-average movement speed really has it bad. In my opinion, no character should have a run speed below 1.4. Air speed should also not be below 0.7 or maybe 0.8... It's not going to murder everyone if Triple D's air speed was 0.7 and not 0.658.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Holy Sakurai, I forgot how much I hate fighting FG Falcons. What do you do when he can react to 99% of actions with a dash grab then fish for kills with Side-B?

Particularly for Antonykun Antonykun , my Villager was getting destroyed.
N-air, n-air the Falcon
Gently off FD
Merrily, Merrily, Merrily
Then you edgegaurd him

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Sorry to burst your bubble, but a defensive/bait and punish play style is optimal for most of the cast in this game.

Few characters can successfully rush down.

Regardless, "lame" play styles are prevalent in almost all competitive fighting games.
No bubbles burst, sis.

Of course. But they at least stay active and use good bait; the OK to good players I mean. Mixing up bait and whatnot. Study the opponent. Test things out.

But... Spam projectiles. Wait and shield. Rooooooll. In that order forever, regardless of it working or not. It's basically auto-pilot mode. None are effective against decent players when used the same way. Maybe excluding Fox/ZSS/Shiek using that tactic bcuz what is being punished?

It just makes me lol - briefly. Then when I win lots of times, I get called names (more lol). I enjoy making flow charty play2win people feel bad if they refuse to learn, buuuut 4-5 minute matches are far from fun back to back.

Welp, at least I make em saltier than a can of condensed soup, I guess.
:secretkpop:

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
N-air, n-air the Falcon
Gently off FD
Merrily, Merrily, Merrily
Then you edgegaurd him
I tried but he kept grabbing me :mad:

I blame lag/I suck. I mean, then I lost with G&W too, but then he decided that I wasn't worth my time and left. I think I had lost 3 times or so already? The funny thing was his little icon was Kirby, and I had only beaten it once with Lucario by clutching it out. Then he switched to Falcon which kind of upset me. Kirby is another annoyance altogether.

Nice song, though. I sang it aloud :dr^_^:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I tried but he kept grabbing me :mad:

I blame lag/I suck. I mean, then I lost with G&W too, but then he decided that I wasn't worth my time and left. I think I had lost 3 times or so already? The funny thing was his little icon was Kirby, and I had only beaten it once with Lucario by clutching it out. Then he switched to Falcon which kind of upset me. Kirby is another annoyance altogether.

Nice song, though. I sang it aloud :dr^_^:
honestly FD lag makes characters low skill floor characters get away with stupid things sometimes i win by doing my own stupid things

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
My favourite part of the patch is when Jigglypuff got buffed

View attachment 95582
How you gonna buff her to make her viable? People always complain that Puff doesn't get any buffs but I don't see a reasonable way of doing that. Main options:

• Give her a combo throw. This would probably make landing Rest easier which they don't want to do.
  • Give her a kill throw. Probably the most reasonable option but it doesn't help with her worst matchups.
  • Make jab slightly more functional.
  • Make her unique and let her bypass the airdodge landing lag.
  • Give her asinine disjoints on her ground game (bigger DSmash lol)
  • Revert Pound to Brawl's functionality.
They could do a few of these things but she'd still be bad. She's right between a joke character and a lethal joke character. Still lethal if you let her play her game but most characters can just ignore that.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I got the DLC
Bayonetta is sassier than Zelda, as expected
So this means Zelda drops to a secondary for me because of Robin and Slayonetta taking her spot as my mains
inb4 I go back to Zelda anyway because I'm a Zeldawful masochist :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Random notes of the day: one, Cammy's (Epic Rock Cover) theme is awesome and two, Cammy's outfit is stupid. Please, please put on some pants. Also, I have no idea what's she's doing here, but it looks like she's switching to a Philly shell stance. Weird way to transition to it, though...
Her outfit looks perefectly fine to me I don't now what you're talkin about ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

:150:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm surprised no one has complained about Bayonetta's Dair yet.

If you recover low and don't have a teleport she can bascially spike you for free/gimp you then recover ezpz. Not to mention it can combo into a footstool...

It's like they combined Sonic's and ZSS's but gave it less lag all around.

It also kills really well if you get the landing hit onstage.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
@Metal Sign gorl you better not be reading all the pages of this social
Jigglypuff
jigglypuff is in this game? :secretkpop:
I never knew there were any Golden Gorls fans here. Then again, should I be surprised?
in this social expect anything and nothing at the same time, just don't read all the pages
I'm surprised no one has complained about Bayonetta's Dair yet.

If you recover low and don't have a teleport she can bascially spike you for free/gimp you then recover ezpz. Not to mention it can combo into a footstool...

It's like they combined Sonic's and ZSS's but gave it less lag all around.

It also kills really well if you get the landing hit onstage.
my only complaint is you can't miss it
hit box the size of Russia

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Why the hell are people firing firworks in the neighbourhood at pretty much 4 AM

I'm hearing more fireworks now than I did at New Years wtf.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

im a lesbian but HNNNG

that is one good costume

laura 4 lyfe though (until Rose comes out)
Meanwhile, Ken's current only known alternate outfit... His eyebrows are weird and his hair really does look like banana peels for his SFV look... That shade of yellow...

Also, I like the stylization of the characters, but Chun Li's thighs are out of control and I feel like her head is a bit smaller and out of proportion.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Why the hell are people firing firworks in the neighbourhood at pretty much 4 AM

I'm hearing more fireworks now than I did at New Years wtf.
Monday, February 8
Chinese New Year 2016
Meanwhile, Ken's current only known alternate outfit... His eyebrows are weird and his hair really does look like banana peels for his SFV look... That shade of yellow...

Also, I like the stylization of the characters, but Chun Li's thighs are out of control and I feel like her head is a bit smaller and out of proportion.
clearly spaghetti bangs and not bananas locks

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Speak of the devil gorls. Had to kick another zelda's butt on smashladder. That makes three today

:150:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
clearly spaghetti bangs and not bananas locks
That's cause I posted his alternate outfit... Here's his default.

Here's a close up of his face.

Yeah... He looks really weird compared to everyone else.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

YES LIKE I SAID, Clearly spaghetti
he's practically papyrus' dream guy

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Joins Anther's for the first in months

Decides to go Bayonetta for game 1 and switch to Gren if I lose game 1

Somehow manages to get a good win streak with just Bayo

Win streak is broken

By another Bayonetta.

I really should just camp her with shurikens lol.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Now to be fair his face does look better in the later builds.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Now to be fair his face does look better in the later builds.
Yeah, guessing the top image was a later build... Still, it's kind of weird how it happened. I don't think any of the other characters had that problem, right?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yeah, guessing the top image was a later build... Still, it's kind of weird how it happened. I don't think any of the other characters had that problem, right?
Yeah a lot of the characters in 5 looked fine when the were first shown, like Cammy, Chun and Nash. 3D just hasn't been kind to Ken.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I'll be getting my hair done by my sister-in-law soon, and I had to walk through flood water today just to do some of my rounds, but I had a shower after that ordeal.. :V
Thank god that's all over with though. Heard it might get worse tomorrow, but we'll have to wait and see. :3

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Last edited:

frest123

Smash Cadet

Win streak is broken

By another Bayonetta.

I've actually noticed camping her is really effective. With Zelda, Phantom/Dins camping seems really good. Must be her bad roll and run speed?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

Win streak is broken

By another Bayonetta.

I actually really dislike fighting Bayonetta with Greninja... or Zelda. Every time I end up in the air, it's like trying to dodge around invisible mines floating in empty space.

Last edited:
Top Bottom