• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

shop's closed

really pissed

gonna go to sleep and when i wake up

im going to bouncing fish their ass for this eshop card bull****

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oh hey Fujin sis. I'm glad you joined the Indy smash group on Facebook. You hating on Zelda was hilarious.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
yea it's holding a during the infinite you coulld mash it but mayo doesn't do bullet arts for extra damage
Ah, that explains why she dealt extra damage randomly.

I like doing Dthrow to jab. Deal a bit over 20%. Then SideB, UpB, SideBx2, lingering Uair. It's a good way to get people who don't react properly/non floaties.

Bayo is so fun.

After getting some experience against him I have to say

I really, really hate fighting Cloud, no matter who I'm using lol.
Oddly enough, I feel slow MayoBayo wrecks him despite frame data. Cloud always goes on the offensive if approached/attacked enough.

The entire match is basically "o heavens luk @ the time! *hands on Witch Time*"

Cloud's still very annoying/flow charty tho.

n0000000000000000000000 muscles r n0t cUt3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
r u sur?

:066::067::068:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Ah, that explains why she dealt extra damage randomly.

I like doing Dthrow to jab. Deal a bit over 20%. Then SideB, UpB, SideBx2, lingering Uair. It's a good way to get people who don't react properly/non floaties.

Bayo is so fun.

Oddly enough, I feel slow MayoBayo wrecks him despite frame data. Cloud always goes on the offensive if approached/attacked enough.

The entire match is basically "o heavens luk @ the time! *hands on Witch Time*"

Cloud's still very annoying/flow charty tho.

r u sur?

:066::067::068:
eyeburn.jpg

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I don't think Bayo wrecks Cloud very hard cause he still has his stupid ass neutral game. That's kind of how he doesn't have a single matchup that I believe to be unwinnable like, at all. His neutral is just ridiculous. I think Bayo (and by extension ZSS) don't like what Cloud's kit does because it's....really annoying for characters that work the way they do. Not annoying enough to be a bad matchup for said characters but....annoying. He gets destroyed offstage but since that's not something exclusive or even at its worst in the Bayo MU, I don't really consider it worth mentioning more than once. That's just a Cloud thing (tm). He has the mobility to actually chase her down pretty decently (especially if he has Limit Break) so her great disadvantage is still great but manageable due to mobility. Most of what makes Cloud decent in the Bayo MU though is his startup times on his moves, which are thankfully good enough to work. Slower characters (i.e. bad frame data but no combos) I feel will fall prey to some of Bayo's stuff by virtue of that alone.

Still think his worst/most annoying are Sheik and Diddy. Still totally doable, but those stand out as the hardest.

FullMoon FullMoon aren't you glad he got one little expression change for his animations? =33333333

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I finally got all Mute City tracks in Sm4sh. :V

Ain't bothering with the other tracks from now on. Can't be bothered anyways, was only after some I liked. Such as Knight of the Wind, Mute City, all those other dope ones too. :secretkpop:

Gonna put more practice into using Corrin some more. Since Mayonetta ain't really for me. :V

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
I. Am. Back. Again. Wow, no one left for Bayonetta? Color me surprised.

Anyway, I got Corrin the other day. My thoughts on him/her? Two words: Kill moves. There's so many of them. F-smash, d-smash, Dragon Lunge, Dragon Fang Shot, bair, uair....I'm loving this character! Recovery is a bit meh to me though (unless you're on an omega stage or other similarly walled stage).

I also got Bayonetta too. Ooh, don't me started with this Umbra Witch! She combos for days, but are a bit tricky to execute. Once I got her down, death combos ensued. ZSS 2.0 maybe? Ehh, a bit of a stretch.
IMG_3699.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG
Ha! You think I would end the post without amiibo? Think again.

No, I have not gone off the deep end by purchasing Animal Crossing amiibo. I only got them for about 5 dollars each and it will stay that way for future AC amiibo I may get.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
After getting some experience against him I have to say

I really, really hate fighting Cloud, no matter who I'm using lol.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. People keep saying it's a good matchup for us, but I find it really difficult.

Also, how did istudying do?

:150:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think Zelda's only option against Bayo is to spam nair and wait for Lorde Lorde to kill himself. This data may not be applicable in all cases.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I like how people are adamant that certain localizations are bad when I'm fairly sure that's just because most of us can't understand Japanese and if we did we'd see that their versions would be just as campy and ridiculous.
Even if you don't speak a language, things like tone and emotional range still carry through just fine. With Japan being the leading producer of animated works in the world, it makes sense for them to also have better VAs on average.

There are still duds in both languages though. JP Sm4sh Pit immediately comes to mind.

Semi-related I'd be okay if Rie Tanaka voiced every character in everything ever.

Unrelated I'm eating a mango for the first time in years and I missed these so much

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
hunTy,

It was literally hours after Bayo's release when we played. Learning to up b before double jumping is a difficult habit to break ok.

Now I only kill myself like 7 out 10 times I'm offstage, so I have come a long way. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I still need to get use to using Corrin. Since I'm so use to using Lucina. :V

Also, "improved range on most moves." I'm sensing false hope SSBWiki. :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Marth and Lucina did get a range buff on most of their moves ._.
Wait, what? I checked the Wiki, I thought they were spreading false info. :V

Huh. Guess I was wrong on that then. I did check briefly on some of her moves, I did notice it the most on her Neutral B. Maybe a little bit on her FTilt.

I wonder if these Range Buffs will be good enough to make them move up the tier list. Since that 1.1.3 one was just... well, useless. :V

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm just gonna take a guess that the range buffs were just mostly the angles from Marth's moves, just minus the Tipper and Sourspot. :V

I checked, and it's true. I'm such a dummy. :secretkpop:

I'd also ask if anyone is down for some matches today, but I just can't be bothered to boot up my Wii U. :V

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ugh... Every time I see a Luigi or Yoshi, they look like Spam Moves the Characters. So little recovery, good auto-cancels, and/or low landing lag. It's so freaking obnoxious.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Ugh... Every time I see a Luigi or Yoshi, they look like Spam Moves the Characters. So little recovery, good auto-cancels, and/or low landing lag. It's so freaking obnoxious.
I think you pretty much summed up Sheik as well. :secretkpop:

Minus the little recovery.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Even if you don't speak a language, things like tone and emotional range still carry through just fine. With Japan being the leading producer of animated works in the world, it makes sense for them to also have better VAs on average.

There are still duds in both languages though. JP Sm4sh Pit immediately comes to mind.

Semi-related I'd be okay if Rie Tanaka voiced every character in everything ever.

Unrelated I'm eating a mango for the first time in years and I missed these so much
You have a point. But from the video you posted I'm not sure if there's any way to make that line better delivered, lol. I just don't like people automatically dismissing dubs, seems... I dunno, elitist or something? Not sure what word I'm looking for here. :/

Mangos aren't that great by themselves but they're amazing with other fruits IMO. But they're a complete pain to cut.

Any 3DS Warriors out there?

What you mean? You mean 3DS players? If you're looking for some matches I can play, especially since you contacted me about the Pit/G&W matchup a while ago.

Yoshi generally has good recovery, not so much startup. Also, get back to me when none of your aerials autocancel. Then you can complain.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think you pretty much summed up Sheik as well. :secretkpop:

Minus the little recovery.
But Sheik does so little damage compared to Luigi and Yoshi. Oh, and what about Zelda?

Yoshi generally has good recovery, not so much startup. Also, get back to me when none of your aerials autocancel. Then you can complain.
Get back to me when your jab doesn't act as a hit and kill confirm for your opponent.

Also, someone made this in the Corrin social... I didn't know granny Zelda was in Fire Emblem. :p

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Yo gorls I got some good news!

I completely wrecked the ACT today!

I had gotten a cold literally yesterday night, but I was still able to do good, I'm glad!

On another note, I competely wrecked a Zelda on smashladder just now! :p

Kofu Kofu yeah let's totally play!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It may have been discovered the first week of tr4sh's release, but Farore's spam is still Zelda's most viable strategy. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wait, what? I checked the Wiki, I thought they were spreading false info. :V

Huh. Guess I was wrong on that then. I did check briefly on some of her moves, I did notice it the most on her Neutral B. Maybe a little bit on her FTilt.

I wonder if these Range Buffs will be good enough to make them move up the tier list. Since that 1.1.3 one was just... well, useless. :V
only real lucina mains would've noticed :secretkpop:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
tfw trashcan Samus is better than Zelda
tfw waifucina is better than Zelda
tfw SoloRosalina is better than Zelda
tfw Robin without Levin Sword or any tomes is better than Zelda

Top Bottom