• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Get back to me when your jab doesn't act as a hit and kill confirm for your opponent.
Falco's is worse but my jab could stand to be tightened up a little, too. Characters can sometimes escape between the initial jab and the rapid portion.
Yo gorls I got some good news!

I completely wrecked the ACT today!

I had gotten a cold literally yesterday night, but I was still able to do good, I'm glad!

On another note, I competely wrecked a Zelda on smashladder just now! :p

Kofu Kofu yeah let's totally play!

:150:
K give me a second to add you.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
tfw trashcan Samus is better than Zelda
tfw waifucina is better than Zelda
tfw SoloRosalina is better than Zelda
tfw Robin without Levin Sword or any tomes is better than Zelda
At least she's better than :substitute:......maybe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Gorl
get out of here with that Smash 3ds release week Zelda tech
Meanwhile, Lucina... Yep, still Side Smash the Character. On another note, anyone kind of wished the moves characters used in the trailers like these were actually usable? Mario with a flaming Fair would be the bomb.

But nope. It would have justified Captain Falcon's Side Smash range if he used a straight and Up Smash's horizontal disjoint if he used a front kick... Not to mention how Samus was able to "crawl" during Little Mac's trailer... Seriously, she needs her Prime dash dodges for her roll or her ledge roll as her roll and her current roll should be her crawl.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
your friend was too trashy for waifucina anyways :4wiifit:
What happened to maining Rosa Macchiato? :p

anywho Bayonetta is really fun and i'm actually learning some combo's with her. Corrin is...not really my thing. Also they're the worst thing to fight. I hate fighting Corrin's. Fun to watch though.

Zelda is still bad and that makes me sad. One day though. hopefully.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
What happened to maining Rosa Macchiato? :p

anywho Bayonetta is really fun and i'm actually learning some combo's with her. Corrin is...not really my thing. Also they're the worst thing to fight. I hate fighting Corrin's. Fun to watch though.

Zelda is still bad and that makes me sad. One day though. hopefully.
Lucina's buffs made her the character I wanted. She has good damage output, good kill options, range, grab combos, and I just really like her now. I'm so happy that her buffs made her this way and she's definitely out of bottom tier now.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I dislike how limited Sakurai makes himself be with veteran fighters. No one is going to complain if you replace Ganondorf's Up tilt with anything else.
except FG "disrespect" lords but who cares

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Lucina's buffs made her the character I wanted. She has good damage output, good kill options, range, grab combos, and I just really like her now. I'm so happy that her buffs made her this way and she's definitely out of bottom tier now.
In all seriousness. Where do you think Lucina would place in the Tier List due to these buffs she and Marth got?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Meanwhile, Lucina... Yep, still Side Smash the Character.
Actually it took those poor mops months to realize their TRUE potential aka Fsmash. :secretkpop:

Apparently though 1.1.4 Lucina is a walking 1.1.3 Marth tipper

Seriously though can Sakurai stop having such a hard on for Marth buffs.

Let's recap:
• All aerials landing lag reduced
• All aerials damage increased
• 4-6 different moves received actually significant range increases
• 4-6 different moves received FAF improvements
• Side B got like, 3 different adjustments to improve it
• Up B got a KB increase

Literally 1.1.4 Marth is an entirely different and 80% buffed character from 1.0.0 Marth.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I see more GG there. :3

Have some Bedman.

(Only time I'll get GGXrd is if Robo Ky get announced. :V)
enjoy some haiku's?
So fascinating
Sorry, it's via e-mail
Now, he drinks alone
- Slayer​
I dislike how limited Sakurai makes himself be with veteran fighters. No one is going to complain if you replace Ganondorf's Up tilt with anything else.
I'm more disappointed by the fact he gives every old character like 1 new thing then calls it a day
Let's recap:
• All aerials landing lag reduced
• All aerials damage increased
• 4-6 different moves received actually significant range increases
• 4-6 different moves received FAF improvements
• Side B got like, 3 different adjustments to improve it
• Up B got a KB increase

Literally 1.1.4 Marth is an entirely different and 80% buffed character from 1.0.0 Marth.
I'm not knocking it

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
speaking of marth buffs

I "like" how people discover marth's dthrow>uair every single patch

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
speaking of marth buffs

I "like" how people discover marth's dthrow>uair every single patch
well now it lasts for a long percent range due to the buffed range of uair to the point where its a kill confirm for some specific characters but it's always been around since 1.0.0.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
uair's range wasn't buffed

it still combos at kill percent on zss even in 1.0.0

same for dthrow>bair

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
except FG "disrespect" lords but who cares
I hope Smash 5 makes use of Bayonetta and Ryu's different button presses to affect moves, like Ike could rise with his Utilt or something for an air setup like in Bayonetta, DMC, and even God of War where Kratos just jumps up and doesn't actually do a rising attack while Ganondorf keeps his Utilt, but if tapped, he does a quick axe kick while holding it makes him charge (and gain access to) his Volcano Kick.

Also, meanwhile, Falco. Apparently, some people in the Fox boards are confused why Falco's Up Smash is almost as strong as theirs and that Falco is / the developers are almost ignoring the whole, Fox kills vertically while Falco kills horizontally. In Smash 4, Falco stole a bunch of characters' moves through patches or otherwise: Zelda's Nair, ZSS's Uair, Pikachu's Fair, Fox or Captain Falcon's Up Smash - strong, invincible Up Smash or strong, two-hit Up Smash that can hit below the ledge -, Wolf's Bair kick animation, and Fox's 64 Blaster. None of those characters were compensated at all with the except of Zelda, but she still has 19 frames of landing lag to Falco's 15 and Pikachu's Fair which was affected by a universal shield stun change and not actually improving on Pikachu's Fair. Falco's a criminal and canonically in Star Fox, he is a one, a former gangster. It's not surprising he's stealing moves left and right. Anyway, even in Melee, Falco killed vertically too, but mostly downwards. Now? He kills pretty much anywhere from on-stage, off-stage, vertically, and horizontally. Also, with their complaint... Fox (and others) did get something better over Falco who never got compensated for: an actual zoning tool. Hello, Fox Blaster and customs total frame reductions, thanks for making Burst Blaster obsolete and Impact Blaster better than Falco's default Blaster in every way, but some range and the ability to fire continually. We've still got Explosive Blaster, but that's still crappier than Sheik's Burst Grenade... Patches are making people self-entitled to stuff... -__-

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Kofu Kofu I think I'm all out of pride to be beaten out of me for today. Never play smash with a cold I guess

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Kofu Kofu I think I'm all out of pride to be beaten out of me for today. Never play smash with a cold I guess

Nah man, GGs! I've actually got a bit of a cold myself, haha. I find that TV and video games help me to take my mind off it. Hope you learned some stuff! I felt kind of bad about that bowling ball from Duck Hunt's tree, I think you were confused and then BAM :c

I think you have the basics down for your characters, you just need to work on figuring out how to make them flow. BAir chains are a relatively recent thing for me with Game & Watch but they're quite fun. If you ever want to play again once you're feeling better, just hit me up!

I hope Smash 5 makes use of Bayonetta and Ryu's different button presses to affect moves, like Ike could rise with his Utilt or something for an air setup like in Bayonetta, DMC, and even God of War where Kratos just jumps up and doesn't actually do a rising attack while Ganondorf keeps his Utilt, but if tapped, he does a quick axe kick while holding it makes him charge (and gain access to) his Volcano Kick.

Also, meanwhile, Falco. Apparently, some people in the Fox boards are confused why Falco's Up Smash is almost as strong as theirs and that Falco is / the developers are almost ignoring the whole, Fox kills vertically while Falco kills horizontally. In Smash 4, Falco stole a bunch of characters' moves through patches or otherwise: Zelda's Nair, ZSS's Uair, Pikachu's Fair, Fox or Captain Falcon's Up Smash - strong, invincible Up Smash or strong, two-hit Up Smash that can hit below the ledge -, Wolf's Bair kick animation, and Fox's 64 Blaster. None of those characters were compensated at all with the except of Zelda, but she still has 19 frames of landing lag to Falco's 15 and Pikachu's Fair which was affected by a universal shield stun change and not actually improving on Pikachu's Fair. Falco's a criminal and canonically in Star Fox, he is a one, a former gangster. It's not surprising he's stealing moves left and right. Anyway, even in Melee, Falco killed vertically too, but mostly downwards. Now? He kills pretty much anywhere from on-stage, off-stage, vertically, and horizontally. Also, with their complaint... Fox (and others) did get something better over Falco who never got compensated for: an actual zoning tool. Hello, Fox Blaster and customs total frame reductions, thanks for making Burst Blaster obsolete and Impact Blaster better than Falco's default Blaster in every way, but some range and the ability to fire continually. We've still got Explosive Blaster, but that's still crappier than Sheik's Burst Grenade... Patches are making people self-entitled to stuff... -__-
Falco mainly just needs a slightly better air speed.

And at least Explosive Blaster doesn't put the bird into freefall, that's a plus

EDIT: sorry BJN39, wasn't thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Nah man, GGs! I've actually got a bit of a cold myself, haha. I find that TV and video games help me to take my mind off it. Hope you learned some stuff! I felt kind of bad about that bowling ball from Duck Hunt's tree, I think you were confused and then BAM :c

I think you have the basics down for your characters, you just need to work on figuring out how to make them flow. BAir chains are a relatively recent thing for me with Game & Watch but they're quite fun. If you ever want to play again once you're feeling better, just hit me up!
Yeah I've been devoting a HUGE amount of time to studying for the ACT. I haven't played much at all. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sometimes people really aggravate me. There are narcissistic people who act like they're better than everyone and people follow them. It's like 'why? Why do people worship those who spit in their face?' Sorry, I just had to rant for a minute. I just DON'T get people. ugh.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco mainly just needs a slightly better air speed.

And at least Explosive Blaster doesn't put the bird into freefall, that's a plus

EDIT: sorry BJN39, wasn't thinking.
I'd take really high air acceleration instead just to mix things up. Falco with average to high air speed and average air acceleration might be a no-no since he'd be Greninja and ZSS if they had faster aerials with higher active frames. Falco's Uair basically being Rosalina's, but with worse hit angles for vertical kills would also be pretty bad if he could jump that high, move quickly in the air, and then slap you into the blast zone. There's the also the implications of what would happen with good air speed and his Nair and Fair. Say hello to Jigglypuff as a pheasant... Yeah... Ike and Roy have high air speeds, but low air acceleration - not as low as Little Mac or Ryu's -, but damn, once they go in, they're in.

For the sake of everyone's sanity, I'd rather see Falco with an air acceleration of 0.1 or 0.09 like Palutena and Pikachu from his 0.7... I just realized that means Fox, 0.8 air acceleration, also beats him in air acceleration... anyway, instead of having an air speed of even 1 from his 0.893. I bring up Pally and Pikachu since their air speeds are low, 0.91 for Pally and 0.9118 for Pikachu, but their air accelerations are high. It would also make sense for Falco to have high air acceleration, high air control since he's an ace pilot to Fox's good pilot, good driver, and good infantry a.k.a. jack of all trades like Fox was in Assault. If we want to be even more "canonical", then Falco's air speed and air acceleration should be top notch, but that would probably break the game if he had the best air everything.

Also, higher gravity, higher fast fall speed, and/or higher fast fall percentage increase would be neat. Divebombs, man. Oh, and his run speed should totally be 1.5 since 1.472 run speed is stupid.

Sometimes people really aggravate me. There are narcissistic people who act like they're better than everyone and people follow them. It's like 'why? Why do people worship those who spit in their face?' Sorry, I just had to rant for a minute. I just DON'T get people. ugh.
Does this involve Donald Trump? Also, if he becomes president of the USA which means the USA is ******, can I move in with any of you who live outside of the states? :p

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
All these campy Corrins and Bayonettas... Like. Stop playing to win (they lose against me anyway bcuz grabs) and play to fight/increase da fun value. Fighting in a fighting game? Like whaaaaaaat so crazy! How dare I expect that.
:secretkpop:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
All these campy Corrins and Bayonettas... Like. Stop playing to win (they lose against me anyway bcuz grabs) and play to fight/increase da fun value. Fighting in a fighting game? Like whaaaaaaat so crazy! How dare I expect that.
:secretkpop:
as someone who has pretty much only played mayonetta on FG corrin is slowly becoming a trigger for me

Rizen

Smash Legend
Does this involve Donald Trump? Also, if he becomes president of the USA which means the USA is ******, can I move in with any of you who live outside of the states? :p
Yes but it's not exclusive to him. I'm kind of POed at someone on another forum.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sorry to burst your bubble, but a defensive/bait and punish play style is optimal for most of the cast in this game.

Few characters can successfully rush down.

Regardless, "lame" play styles are prevalent in almost all competitive fighting games.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Random notes of the day: one, Cammy's (Epic Rock Cover) theme is awesome and two, Cammy's outfit is stupid. Please, please put on some pants. Also, I have no idea what's she's doing here, but it looks like she's switching to a Philly shell stance. Weird way to transition to it, though...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but Bayo can down ABK>dair and kill at like 65% lol

sometimes the simple combos are the best

People generally respond positively to confidence, for better or for worse.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Do you use that gif to respond to everything?
times used: 2
number of posts: over 3000
guess not :secretkpop:
Cammy's outfit is stupid
always has been always will be
I'd take really high air acceleration instead just to mix things up. Falco with average to high air speed and average air acceleration might be a no-no since he'd be Greninja and ZSS if they had faster aerials with higher active frames
:4dedede:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
always has been always will be
They could have at least given us something different... with pants. She has a leaked alt and it's a military outfit... without any pants. Could you imagine what Big Boss would look like without any pants? It would be hilariously stupid. There is no way you can take him seriously just as you can't take Cammy seriously. And then there's this... once again, seriously, why the no pants? Also, I can't believe I didn't realize this one looks so similar to Jak's outfit in Jak 2... Proper Jak & Daxter sequel, please.

Kids these days with their darn emotes. :4pacman:

Top Bottom