• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

>Wear a snapback with jeans and a super tight shirt
>Make sure your jeans are pulled as high as possible
>Drive down to gym
>Go inside gym
>Find a girl with a 9/10 face and body on a treadmill
>Walk up to her in a way she knows you want to socially engage with her
>She takes out her ear plugs
>Say "sorry but you're not my type"
>Walk out of gym and stand by your car while flying a toy helicopter
>When she comes out make the helicopter chase her
>She runs away
>You go back into your car and drive home

#thuglife
shoutouts to one of my favorite posts of all time

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Joins Anther's for the first in months

Decides to go Bayonetta for game 1 and switch to Gren if I lose game 1

Somehow manages to get a good win streak with just Bayo

Win streak is broken

By another Bayonetta.

I really should just camp her with shurikens lol.
I keep taking unnecessay damage because I keep trying to combo her and get witch timed. it's so weird to play THAT lame.
you say it like it's actually difficult
:secretkpop:
It wasn't difficult. I 2-0'd all of them :secretkpop:

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I decided to play a bit more Bayonetta.

And Chapter 8 is probably my favourite out of them all as of now. <3
Love that the Motorcycle section parodies the HANG-ON logo if you check the controls. And that Afterburner (Infinity Climax remix). <3

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I actually really dislike fighting Bayonetta with Greninja... or Zelda. Every time I end up in the air, it's like trying to dodge around invisible mines floating in empty space.
Bayonetta's mobility is not the best so if you end up in the air, try to use Hydro Pump to mix up your landing, it works wonders for me.

And remember to use Shadow Sneak Hitstun Cancel on her combos because it's pretty easy to get out of them, it works on Afterburner Kick lol

Greninja is probably one of Bayo's worse MUs just because he's small (Neutral B is pretty much useless against him, you can literally run under the bullets and grab her) and he can camp her out really badly while also get away from her stuff.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I feel dirty and not in a good way.

On another topic, after seeing parts of the last CCI thread ZeRo gets a lot of hate from smashers. I don't know him very well but it seems unjustified.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I feel dirty and not in a good way.

On another topic, after seeing parts of the last CCI thread ZeRo gets a lot of hate from smashers. I don't know him very well but it seems unjustified.
only semi justified as far as i can tell. ZeRo has the ego fitting for the undisputed best smash 4 player. Combine that with the underdog mentality and the elitist things that come out of his mouth it's easy to see why he's so hated.

If it wasn't for the fact he's actually pretty nice when he isn't doing inflammatory things he would be the smash 4 villain

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
But no Bayonetta is ever going to try to force an approach with neutral b lol. Dtilt bullet arts do 10%, have good range, and hit close to the ground. Neutral b's best use imo is for stuffing opponents recovering high.

Definitely use the SS hitstun cancel intelligently, as it's a laggy move. If I were good, I'd bait out the hitstun cancel and punish you for doing it. I don't see how "escaping" combos with a laggy move is such a game-changer for the MU lol.

Also how is he going to outcamp Bayo lol? I don't see why she couldn't crouch under short hop shurikens. Bullet arts are decently spamable and are way more flexible than shurikens. I'd be interested in seeing how the range of bullet arts and shurikens compare, though.

Considering Bayonetta hasn't even been out for a week yet, I think it's a bit too early to say that Greninja is one of her toughest match-ups. Besides, you're severely underestimating all of her strengths.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
:4bayonetta2: oh hey bayo 1 smiley I'm trying to fing bayo 1 official artwork though

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Does my classic Bayo post background show up? I changed it yesterday, but I haven't seen if it works.

One of the gorls in the Bayo social posted the official artwork. Give me a minute and I'll edit into this post.

Edit: here it is. The pose is kinda awkward, and I'm not the biggest fan of it tbh.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
So I decided to go back and play two of the most precious games I remember playing before.

I love the little heart on the letter O for the second one. Truly nostalgic. We could've had SOOS in Smash, man....

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I decided to go back and play two of the most precious games I remember playing before.

I love the little heart on the letter O for the second one. Truly nostalgic. We could've had SOOS in Smash, man....
... And still, he has one eye with two pupils...

Edit: Also, people complaining about Bayonetta's Dair... Why am I back in the CCI thread again, TTTTTsd?

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Wii Fit is low-key one of my favorite characters to style with because once you like, land their hitboxes and use their bizarre coverage to your advantage....

you feel like you're on this ascended plane of awareness.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
But no Bayonetta is ever going to try to force an approach with neutral b lol. Dtilt bullet arts do 10%, have good range, and hit close to the ground. Neutral b's best use imo is for stuffing opponents recovering high.

Definitely use the SS hitstun cancel intelligently, as it's a laggy move. If I were good, I'd bait out the hitstun cancel and punish you for doing it. I don't see how "escaping" combos with a laggy move is such a game-changer for the MU lol.

Also how is he going to outcamp Bayo lol? I don't see why she couldn't crouch under short hop shurikens. Bullet arts are decently spamable and are way more flexible than shurikens. I'd be interested in seeing how the range of bullet arts and shurikens compare, though.

Considering Bayonetta hasn't even been out for a week yet, I think it's a bit too early to say that Greninja is one of her toughest match-ups. Besides, you're severely underestimating all of her strengths.
Wait why do we need to short-hop shuriken in the first place? Just doing it on the ground there isn't much to worry about other than a drop kick but if Greninja is at ideal range for shuriken zoning it shouldn't be very hard to see those coming and shield in time. We would only use short-hop shuriken in case Bayonetta is jumping around at which point crouch isn't an option for her.

From my experience there isn't much Bayonetta can do to punish SSHC used on Afterburner Kick since when using it Greninja moves up and away from Bayo, which takes him out of range of pretty much everything, or it trades with Shadow Sneak

Also bullet arts and shuriken seem to have the exact same range from experimenting right now.

That said I know Bayo's been out for a short time, this is just my first impression on the MU as someone who plays both characters.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lucina... Lucina Side Smash... What's the freaking point if Falco's? Or even Ike's?

Luci's Side Smash is naturally disjointed because of Parallel Falchion, it does 15%, 65 base, 80 growth, and launches at a 361 / Sakurai angle. It's frame 10, has 4 active frames, and 39 recovery frames. Falco's clean Side Smash does 15%, 42 base, 90, 93, or 96 growth, and launches at a 361 degree angle. Late, it does 10%, 30 base, and 90 growth. It's frame 17 clean, frame 20 late, and has 29 recovery frames. Oh, and it's transcendent, but that means jack at times when you're swinging regular hitboxes and not a disjoint. Lucina's only really loses in recovery and growth, but has a safer and longer-ranged Side Smash that's 7 frames faster. I'd rather lose transcendence for a frame 13, 14% or lower knockback Side Smash. It'd basically be Melee Falco Side Smash, but using the late hit's damage for the clean hit. Fox keeps his frame 8 Up Smash of doom, but Brawl and Smash 4 upped Falco's Side Smash of doom from frame 13 to 16 and then 17... Oh, wait, I can't complain now since -Falco's 1.1.4 Up Smash kills ~10% to ~20% instead of ~20% to ~3of later than Fox's.

Edit: Hit the post reply button on mobile by accident. Expect rant to be edited in.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Rant coming in hot.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i find it infinitely amusing that people are already saying Bayo is OP tbh

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wii Fit is low-key one of my favorite characters to style with because once you like, land their hitboxes and use their bizarre coverage to your advantage....

you feel like you're on this ascended plane of awareness.
I still think Wii Fit Trainer is overly underrated. She doesn't have much problems other than range and netting a kill. She has ways around range so it's not a terrible problem like Jigglypuff due to projectiles. Killing can be a struggle because her main killing tool F-Tilt kills at like 130%. B-Air is a good OOS option and is strong. There's also N-Air to U-Smash and she can easily edgeguard others.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I still think Wii Fit Trainer is overly underrated. She doesn't have much problems other than range and netting a kill. She has ways around range so it's not a terrible problem like Jigglypuff due to projectiles. Killing can be a struggle because her main killing tool F-Tilt kills at like 130%. B-Air is a good OOS option and is strong. There's also N-Air to U-Smash and she can easily edgeguard others.
I'm not a Wii Fit main so I'm not warranted to say anything about like, where they're at or what I think but....
the character's fun when you make it work. One million Nairs later.

I just like the zany hitbox coverage. Oh I mistimed an FSmash but you rolled in? Good, I get that anyways. HAH!

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Since TTTTTsd TTTTTsd still mains Ryu (I think?).

I found this Ryu tech video for you. :yeahboi:

Until they change Ryu's special move system (A button should NOT be usable in input stuff) then I can't play Ryu based on how I do aerials.

If they ever change this or make it optional I will gladly go back to him. I'm still a Ryu enthusiast though!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
i find it infinitely amusing that people are already saying Bayo is OP tbh
They said that for Cloud, Roy, and Ryu and they're saying it now for Bayonetta and Corrin. Seriously: http://smashboards.com/threads/corrins-counter-is-undeniably-broken.430387/.

Corrin's Counter Surge holds the distinction of being the only counter to strictly send people up... at 90 degrees or 80 degrees. Thanks, Lavani Lavani ! It's actually the same / similar power-wise as other counters, but because it sends you up, prepare to get wrecked. Is it strong? Yes. Is it too strong? Maybe, but that's like saying Rosalina's Uair is too strong just because it has a purely vertical hit angle while Falco's similarly tuned Uair doesn't. They could easily re-tune Counter Surge to launch at say, 80 degrees and 70 degrees to keep its vertical distinction, but also not severely mess it up or let it "be too strong".

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Why do I main Wii Fit Trainer? Oh, this is why. Also, Header spikes.
Until they change Ryu's special move system (A button should NOT be usable in input stuff) then I can't play Ryu based on how I do aerials.

If they ever change this or make it optional I will gladly go back to him. I'm still a Ryu enthusiast though!
So much this. The multiple times I try to do a bair and Tatsumaki my way off the stage instead....other than that, Ryu's pretty solid.
They said that for Cloud, Roy, and Ryu and they're saying it now for Bayonetta and Corrin. Seriously: http://smashboards.com/threads/corrins-counter-is-undeniably-broken.430387/.

Corrin's Counter Surge holds the distinction of being the only counter to strictly send people up... at 90 degrees or 80 degrees. Thanks, Lavani Lavani ! It's actually the same / similar power-wise as other counters, but because it sends you up, prepare to get wrecked. Is it strong? Yes. Is it too strong? Maybe, but that's like saying Rosalina's Uair is too strong just because it has a purely vertical hit angle while Falco's similarly tuned Uair doesn't. They could easily re-tune Counter Surge to launch at say, 80 degrees and 70 degrees to keep its vertical distinction, but also not severely mess it up or let it "be too strong".
People be complaining for the sake of complaining. Maybe this is just me, but I try to adapt to "OP" moves or strategies. Even with polarizing tactics like pre-patch Diddy combos, I blame the losses on myself, not my opponent.

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Used Corrin at my local today. Got 4th lul. Tried to go Zelda but she was rusty af. I did use her in doubles though for a couple games... Yup.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Used Corrin at my local today. Got 4th lul. Tried to go Zelda but she was rusty af. I did use her in doubles though for a couple games... Yup.
Does this mean the Zeldream is over? :secretkpop:

Also, guess you're going to be using Corrin? Or are you still going to stick with Cloud?

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Does this mean the Zeldream is over? :secretkpop:

Also, guess you're going to be using Corrin? Or are you still going to stick with Cloud?
I'll use zelda still I guess to cover some matches I feel confident using with her. Cloud is another secondary. Maybe will use him just for dubz. Zelda and Corrin will be my mains.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'll use zelda still I guess to cover some matches I feel confident using with her. Cloud is another secondary. Maybe will use him just for dubz. Zelda and Corrin will be my mains.
Let's be the best Zelda/Corrin dual princess mains of USA and Canada ;)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Does that mean FullMoon can fly then :DDDDDDDDDDDDD
I still wonder what would have happened if Froakie's third evolution was Water/Flying instead of Water/Dark. A literal Fuujin like in Wind Waker.

Also, today I learned that Zelda runs slower than Triple D... Meanwhile, also in a dress, Peach with her 1.4175 run speed faster than 1.3 Zelda... Zelda should really have a run speed of 1.4.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Also, today I learned that Zelda runs slower than Triple D... Meanwhile, also in a dress, Peach with her 1.4175 run speed faster than 1.3 Zelda... Zelda should really have a run speed of 1.4.
better foxtrot (speed) would be nicer then better dash speed as zelda

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I think killing a Falco at 60% at the ledge while having minimal rage with electroshock is completely acceptable for this game. :secretkpop:

Top Bottom