• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
But like... the irrevelant Irrelucina X Irrelutena ship though.

EDIT: TFW broken :4link:. Should work now.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
TFW your main is :4zelda:. TFW she's your best character by a long shot.

TFW your secondaries are:4falco::4ganondorf::4wiifit::4morton:. And really, Falco is the only one that at best is mid tier. TFW mid-low-bottom tier warrior. :///

But am learning Zero Skill Spamus and Seaweetena smh me I should be ashamed.
actually wft Is high at best and mid at worst. She's really underrated since there aren't many wii fits. She's has projectiles, mobility, kill power, and good MUs. Shes a solid character

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
As for tournaments, I'd probably always go Zelda or Robin, just because they're my best two. I have a lot of secondaries though like Zero Suit Spamus, Sakuritana, and Mopcina. I might use Marth or Zero Suit Spamus in a tournament, I don't know. (If I could actually find one, mfw Indiana)

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I kid, I kid. We have a chunk of female gamers actually. Guys tend to be more mature around them irl compared to the internet.

And yeah, pretty much almost any character other than MK was more interesting to watch in Brawl. You know... I liked MK when Brawl first came out. I had even considered maining him. This was before I even got into the competitive scene too. His overusage started to turn me off, but in some ways, I think that was a shame, on my part.

I would like to think that if I liked a character enough in Smash 4, that I would use them, even if they were at the top of the tier list. I don't want to avoid a character because they are 'too good'. If I enjoy them, I want to get in the habit of using them, and not letting other people make the decision for me.
I've noticed that a lot of women on here don't want others to know their gender, though I myself don't mind being visible. I definitely understand the whole IRL > internet maturity, since I've witnessed some situations myself, so to each their own.

It definitely wasn't the most fun thing when nearly every single person seemed to have a "pocket MK" (not) on Basic Brawl when someone else happened to kick them around a bit. Became tasteless pretty quickly to me, even without being involved in the competitive scene in any way. It's a shame when noobs with literally no skill could spam MK and win, just due to being him.

I'm of the same sentiment; when Smash 4 first came out, I didn't think I'd love Rosie as much as I do now. In fact, I still have a file saved of my initial predicted main/sub list, and she wasn't on it. Now she gets so much grief since people don't always know how to deal with her yet, but I still use her since she's just a fun character to me. Literally I only picked Zelda up in Melee because I liked the way she looked, then continued using her in Brawl, and Rosie is the same way. I played their respective games soon afterwards, of course. :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I kid, I kid. We have a chunk of female gamers actually. Guys tend to be more mature around them irl compared to the internet.

And yeah, pretty much almost any character other than MK was more interesting to watch in Brawl. You know... I liked MK when Brawl first came out. I had even considered maining him. This was before I even got into the competitive scene too. His overusage started to turn me off, but in some ways, I think that was a shame, on my part.

I would like to think that if I liked a character enough in Smash 4, that I would use them, even if they were at the top of the tier list. I don't want to avoid a character because they are 'too good'. If I enjoy them, I want to get in the habit of using them, and not letting other people make the decision for me.
Overusage is why I'm starting to shy away from Link
It's frustrating because For Glory Links give Link mains a bad name

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I've noticed that a lot of women on here don't want others to know their gender, though I myself don't mind being visible. I definitely understand the whole IRL > internet maturity, since I've witnessed some situations myself, so to each their own.

It definitely wasn't the most fun thing when nearly every single person seemed to have a "pocket MK" (not) on Basic Brawl when someone else happened to kick them around a bit. Became tasteless pretty quickly to me, even without being involved in the competitive scene in any way. It's a shame when noobs with literally no skill could spam MK and win, just due to being him.

I'm of the same sentiment; when Smash 4 first came out, I didn't think I'd love Rosie as much as I do now. In fact, I still have a file saved of my initial predicted main/sub list, and she wasn't on it. Now she gets so much grief since people don't always know how to deal with her yet, but I still use her since she's just a fun character to me. Literally I only picked Zelda up in Melee because I liked the way she looked, then continued using her in Brawl, and Rosie is the same way. I played their respective games soon afterwards, of course. :p
Did not know you were a fellow sis, my bad :p I myself have not experienced any immaturity from guys irl. They've been pretty chill to me, and I've loved the offline scene so far.

And props to you for sticking with Rosie. Yeah, don't let other people tell you what you can and can't use. Top tier characters will always get haters, so it's inevitable. Rosie is also one of those chars I would like to understand more, but she definitely has a bit of a learning curve. I feel like she has a lot to be discovered in her meta.

Overusage is why I'm starting to shy away from Link
It's frustrating because For Glory Links give Link mains a bad name
Wifi Brawl Zeldas did too. I feel ya

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
and here I though I was well behaved

Wifi Brawl Zeldas did too. I feel ya
didn't know that people played brawl online, from my what I heard from my friends, "it was an adventure I'd have to see for myself." I took that as bit of a sign

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
EDIT: Misread that, sorry I just woke up >_>

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
and here I though I was well behaved
If you're not a pathetic person like this, you should be fine.

didn't know that people played brawl online, from my what I heard from my friends, "it was an adventure I'd have to see for myself." I took that as bit of a sign

Wifi Brawl was atrocious, but yes, it was frequently played. Wifi Brawl Zelda consisted of the c-stick and Din's Fire. Course, the same can't be said for our current Zelda.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
As for tournaments, I'd probably always go Zelda or Robin, just because they're my best two. I have a lot of secondaries though like Zero Suit Spamus, Sakuritana, and Mopcina. I might use Marth or Zero Suit Spamus in a tournament, I don't know. (If I could actually find one, mfw Indiana)
Can I get a rough estimate of where you are in Indiana?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Well, it's probably not too bad, there's about 7,000 kms between us, I can play people from Perth, Australia with relatively no lag and that's 4,000 kms so

Add me or something

Can't play now tho since 11 pm and I've got a tournament tomorrow :x
I'd also like to play you sometime. If you have time to play anytime today tell me. I'll add you. I like in the eastern time zone

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I really hope this isn't popular belief of how men are. I'm already bad with women as it is
Thankfully, I don't think it is, though many people scowl down on the Smash community as being 'immature'. Honestly though? I've seen this same immaturity transcend to other competitive games too, not just Smash.

Spirst

Thankfully, I don't think it is, though many people scowl down on the Smash community as being 'immature'. Honestly though? I've seen this same immaturity transcend to other competitive games too, not just Smash.
Yeah, I can confirm its a thing in other competitive games as I've seen it myself. Internet 'anonymity' tends to bring out the worst in people and so we see things like sexism and discrimination skyrocket because "why the hell not? It's the Internet with no IRL consequences right?" Pretty stupid.

On a side note, insults via name tags on For Glory are the best. I've been called a limpdick, a no-life nerd, analbleach, a redneck, and a ******

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Pretty anything competitive can be immature and pretty much anyone can be immature. Baseball, racing, SSB, CoD, cooking, cars, etc., you name it and there are probably some unpleasant people making those look bad. Thankfully, that's some, but in games like League of Legends where millions? are playing it, some is still a large number.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Yeah, I can confirm its a thing in other competitive games as I've seen it myself. Internet 'anonymity' tends to bring out the worst in people and so we see things like sexism and discrimination skyrocket because "why the hell not? It's the Internet with no IRL consequences right?" Pretty stupid.

On a side note, insults via name tags on For Glory are the best. I've been called a limp****, a no-life nerd, analbleach, a redneck, and a ****er
Whenever people do that to me I respond with:
"--->FGT"

For Glory Troll :smirk:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

On a side note, insults via name tags on For Glory are the best. I've been called a limp****, a no-life nerd, analbleach, a redneck, and a ****er
The **** I've been called for using Link
The salt really flows when you catch a Kirbycide though
It's sad XD
Best thing to do though is just float on
"--->FGT"

Is it bad that I assumed it was ******

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Pretty anything competitive can be immature and pretty much anyone can be immature. Baseball, racing, SSB, CoD, cooking, cars, etc., you name it and there are probably some unpleasant people making those look bad. Thankfully, that's some, but in games like League of Legends where millions? are playing it, some is still a large number.
Oh, since you brought up baseball...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2llUpTmIkdc
Once you're mature, you do some really immature things.

Spirst

"--->FGT"

Or it can stand for...alright. I usually do "Me>You" then "lol gg ily"

The **** I've been called for using Link
The salt really flows when you catch a Kirbycide though
It's sad XD
Best thing to do though is just float on

Is it bad that I assumed it was ******
I use :4duckhunt: so imagine the **** I get after a number of games.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Or it can stand for...alright. I usually do "Me>You" then "lol gg ily"

I use :4duckhunt: so imagine the **** I get after a number of games.
There was this really persistent guy that found my NNID and sent me a request riddled with insults
Also, I haven't played you on the WiiU version yet.
Ima shoot you a request :3
Have you guys ever been insulted through the mic feature in Smash 4? I don't think I've ever heard anything beyond static grumbling.
I have a friend that likes to whisper "sweet nothings" when he gets his ass beat occasionally

Last edited:

Spirst

Have you guys ever been insulted through the mic feature in Smash 4? I don't think I've ever heard anything beyond static grumbling.
Nope, since it's only enabled with friends and not randoms. Less likely to get insulted in With Friends because I only accept requests from people I find worth it. Might add randoms just to hear that.

There was this really persistent guy that found my NNID and sent me a request riddled with insults
Also, I haven't played you on the WiiU version yet.
Ima shoot you a request :3

I have a friend that likes to whisper "sweet nothings" when he gets his *** beat occasionally
I want someone to find me on here and flame the **** out of me so I can lay down the mod law.

Yeah, we'll play. Won't be available until later tonight around 11 PM EST though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom