• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I am 99.9% certain I ran into SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 on For Glory a loooooooong time ago.

Their tag was "ZELDA" and played as a Zero Suit Samus w/ the white alternate costume.

I say this because I just got whooped today by a Zelda and I know with my luck it was one of you ppl. They were sassy as hell.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Whoa, I'm actually on the optimistic side for once. I feel dirty.
Well, I don't have play experience with the new patch, but I assume the new shieldstun mechanics mainly benefit high-damage attacks and multi-hit attacks. Your character has long-ranging, high-damaging attacks which help you to space better without getting punished (this was one of Link's weaknesses, yes?). There may also be some applications with slow-moving projectiles (Chef applications?) and sex kick aerials (wonder if the late hit of Villager's NAir can blockstring now HMM)

This will probably be a good change in the long run, for people to stop relying on shields and more on maneuverability and spacing, but it will take some adjusting. Heavies can better pressure shields now but they'll also have more trouble reacting to fast, mobile characters.

In other news, Rotor Arm might get more shieldbreaks now :4rob: :lick:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I am 99.9% certain I ran into SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 on For Glory a loooooooong time ago.

Their tag was "ZELDA" and played as a Zero Suit Samus w/ the white alternate costume.

I say this because I just got whooped today by a Zelda and I know with my luck it was one of you ppl. They were sassy as hell.
But the only tag I used was the ~WAIFU~ tag though. :^/

Only recently I have changed to the ~FRAUD~ tag. But yes, although I've converted to Red ZSS, I did use white ZSS back then. Pretty sure it wasn't me though because I didn't convert to Zero Skill Spamus fully until recently.

And I haven't played FG in a long while so I defz wasn't the Zelda either haha

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay it's October. Time to listen to this for every waking second to feel the spoopiness of Halloween. :3

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Jiggs... well, other than having much better Fair and Bair spacing, I don't see how Jiggs can really do anything in this patch. Pound doesn't break shields anymore, she has no multi-hit attacks to break shields. Literally everyone in the game has a way to break shields with attack strings, which means bye bye Jiggly. And you die early if you don't shield so it's super lose-lose.
Pound never EVER was a a reliable way to break shields even with its massive shield damage.
And you say that about everyone having a way to break shields, but then ok lets see it in a tourney. People already found a way to deal with Lucario's locking thing. The meta needs to develop first before anything else. If this really is such a massive change then people need to experiment more and look into what they can do now under the new system instead of theory crafting.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast, since I didn't get up till around near 11am. Guess I deserved the amount of sleep. :V
Hopefully we'll find something good from the new Shieldstun for the meta that could HOPEFULLY give Zelda mains something positive. :3 (Since it at least gave Charizard a safer Down B. :V)

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I just love this new update Smashboards just put out!!

It broke and it freaked me out LOL
I've had this happen to me a couple of times actually.

It's not offensive Rosalina so much as dumb bull****.

Which admittedly almost all characters have now.

Welcome to Sm4sh Minus.

(I also haven't seen anyone enthused with this patch anywhere, multiple friends dropped the game altogether after it hit)
Eh, it isn't as bad as Brawl Minus when it comes to shield stun.

I'm both dreading and exited of how this patch affects the metagame.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Where are these girls from? They are adorable. : O
Seems like they're from a card game called Aikatsu!, which ended up being an anime which is still going to this day. Been running for three years now. :V

Edit: Page steal~! <3

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I want to share with you a very deep concern I have about Sakurai. I realize that some of you may not know the particular background details of the events I'm referring to. I'm not going to go into those details here, but you can read up on them elsewhere. Come to think of it, where did he learn how to provide financial support to backwards banana republics and their loathsome dictators? At the intersection of Neopaganism Avenue and Privatism Lane? My point is that time cannot change Sakurai's behavior. Time merely enlarges the field in which Sakurai can, with ever-increasing intensity and thoroughness, spawn a society in which those with the most deviant lifestyle, revolting behavior, or personal failures are given the most by the government.

Sakurai's encomiasts have been staggering around like punch-drunk fighters hit too many times—stunned, confused, betrayed, and trying desperately to rationalize Sakurai's cheeky initiatives. It is not a pretty sight. Although Sakurai of course has a right to express his opinion, he undoubtedly doesn't like extending that right to people whose opinion is that Sakurai says that his apologues are good for the environment, human rights, and baby seals. At least we can't accuse him of hiding his prejudices, I suppose. Of course, it would nice if Sakurai were also to confess that it's best to ignore most of the quotes that he so frequently cites. Sakurai takes quotes out of context; uses misleading, irrelevant, and out-of-date quotes; and presents quotes from legitimate authorities used misleadingly to support contentions that they did not intend and that are not true. In short, every time he tells his faithfuls that children should get into cars with strangers who wave lots of yummy candy at them, their eyes roll into the backs of their heads as they become mindless receptacles of unsubstantiated information, which they accept without question.

Sakurai's communications have created a shameless universe devoid of logic and evidence. Only within this universe does it make sense to say that Sakurai's programs of Gleichschaltung can give us deeper insights into the nature of reality. Only within this universe does it make sense to impose a vast repressive apparatus of monolithic proportions on our daily lives. And, only if we reveal the constant tension between centripetal and centrifugal forces of dialogized heteroglossia resulting from his false-flag operations can we destroy this perfidious universe of his and challenge his outlandish premises and dubious motives. I contend I've now told you everything you need to know about Sakurai. I'll therefore end this letter with the supererogatory comment that Sakurai is living testimony to the alabandical attitudes that destabilize the already volatile social fabric that Sakurai purportedly aims to save.

Hai gorls, been a while since I've last been on Smashboards

just thought id share how your posts look like on my screen
Let me put on my sunglasses so I don't go blind

There, that's better

In regards to the recent patch, I think the reason Zelda wasn't buffed is because our BUFF•PRAYER•CIRCLE last patch was too stronk and therefore banneT for future patches

Anyway, here's another Zelda gif you gorls can use

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Hmm, which characters benefit and suffer due to the shield changes?

Benefits: :4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4pikachu::4lucario::4mario::4sonic::4yoshi::4greninja:

Hinders: :4zelda::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4palutena::4samus:

... See the problem with this patch?
Palutena probably isn't going to be affected too much by this, especially not compared to those characters. Our large, legitimately Sheik B-air-tier in safety F-air (Similar damage, same landing lag) and 12 damage invincible B-air have been buffed by this change, and they were safe when spaced already. Jab can be thrown out a bit more freely against some characters, too. And, unlike Zelda/Kirby/Samus, we have safe/actually good approach options (we don't rely on dash>shield to approach), we don't suffer from mobility issues, and we aren't forced to block as much due to our B-air and Dash Attack. Our grab game OoS took a bit of a hit but we can still shield grab most things and the indirect buffs we received help mitigate it somewhat.

Overall, if it does end up affecting her negatively, it'll probably only be a minor difference. I highly doubt it'll be anything major.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Palutena probably isn't going to be affected too much by this, especially not compared to those characters. Our large, legitimately Sheik B-air-tier in safety F-air (Similar damage, same landing lag) and 12 damage invincible B-air have been buffed by this change, and they were safe when spaced already. Jab can be thrown out a bit more freely against some characters, too. And, unlike Zelda/Kirby/Samus, we have safe/actually good approach options (we don't rely on dash>shield to approach), we don't suffer from mobility issues, and we aren't forced to block as much due to our B-air and Dash Attack. Our grab game OoS took a bit of a hit but we can still shield grab most things and the indirect buffs we received help mitigate it somewhat.

Overall, if it does end up affecting her negatively, it'll probably only be a minor difference. I highly doubt it'll be anything major.
I've heard otherwise about Palutena. On the one hand her shield grab game got hit pretty hard. On the other, I believe, it gives her safe on shield aerials (not incredibly familiar with the character so IDK which) and her Ftilt links both hits on shield properly. So it could be that she's the most changed out of any character.

Could be better, could be worse. I don't think you can say that it won't be a major change...

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I've heard otherwise about Palutena. On the one hand her shield grab game got hit pretty hard. On the other, I believe, it gives her safe on shield aerials (not incredibly familiar with the character so IDK which) and her Ftilt links both hits on shield properly. So it could be that she's the most changed out of any character.

Could be better, could be worse. I don't think you can say that it won't be a major change...
I meant major in the way she probably won't drop or anything. Like I said, F-air and B-air were already safe when spaced, they're just safer now. A lot of aerials are still shield-grabbable, so unless we're fighting Ryu or something there won't be much of a difference. I mean, I suppose shield-grabbing being weaker does hurt us a bit, but I don't think it's notably bad for us right now. I've noticed the positives far more than the negatives in the friendlies I've played so far.

Besides, shield-grabbing isn't our only to get grabs and grabs aren't our only way to rack damage; we get stuff off of N-air, F-air, B-air, D-air, and, of course, Jab.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just had a match on a King of the Hill map with a friend in TF2. It was so much fun.

In the end, he won though. His Demo is really good, managed to kill me a few times. I only killed him about three times as a DemoKnight. Still happy with the results. :yeahboi:

Also, I'm curious if Bowser will benefit a bit from the new Shield mechanics. But due to how slow most of his moves are, I doubt it'll happen.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If your character didn't have good OoS options then them getting worse for everyone should comparatively be a good thing.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh I forgot to put quotations around "Fun"

oh well it's too late now, I didn't save the .xcf for this

go away locke

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
YES

A PATCH IS NEEDED BECAUSE SOMEONE IS NOW BROKEN

FIX THIS DUMB SHIELD MECHANIC IN THE PROCESS YE

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
We could just fix Diddy and let the meta develop around the shield mechanic first before we say things like fix it. I like that idea more.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

yoshi why is your pupil winking

yoshi that's not how eyes work

yoshi stop

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Also, Jigglypuff can actually break shields now much more easily now with Pound, (and rest).

Funnily, this actually makes rest potentially more safer if you get the shield break with it. xD

Of course, she still suffers from the 1hit Ko from her own.

Top Bottom