• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
So this has officially been the WORST patch I've seen in any game. I've played other games where we've gotten questionable (and I mean very questionable) changes, but get things in return. This patch didn't really give us anything to undo its ridiculousness did it?
I wouldn't go that far man. It's not great but it's not the worst. Honestly the shield stun is one of many changes this patch (we got an AMAZING Ganon Nair that is really a good move ) among a few other things. I'm sure the shield stun is experimental.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Okay, I made a room. My mii is MiniMii. GL HF :)

Edit EODM07 EODM07 did we DC? I can play more or GGs if you're done :) The stuttery lag was hard to play in.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Okay, I made a room. My mii is MiniMii. GL HF :)

Edit EODM07 EODM07 did we DC? I can play more or GGs if you're done :)
I completely forgot how much of a chore it is fighting you. Your Link zoning is an obstacle course for one.

It never really felt fun. Sure I was learning a few things, but the moment I saw you go Ganon and G&W. I was thinking "Okay. He's probably going to be messing with me AGAIN. >_>"

Ain't fun.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I completely forgot how much of a chore it is fighting you. Your Link zoning is an obstacle course for one.

It never really felt fun. Sure I was learning a few things, but the moment I saw you go Ganon and G&W. I was thinking "Okay. He's probably going to be messing with me AGAIN. >_>"

Ain't fun.
Sorry :ohwell: I just know how to zone you well. The lag did get in the way too. Tell me if you want any tips. GGs.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sorry :ohwell: I just know how to zone you well. The lag did get in the way too. Tell me if you want any tips. GGs.
Still, GGs. I just struggle immensely against Link and zoners. Your G&W and Ganon felt like as if you were just messing with me, which weren't that engaging or helpful. And when you went G&W, I just gave up.

And I didn't even get the RED Combo off. :c (Falling UAir > Jumping Side B > UAir > Jump > FAir > Up B)

I will say, I think I did better with Roy. Since I was preventing you from zoning me, but after I took the first stock; I just forgot and it went downhill.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

Ain't fun.
Rizen Rizen Link is a ***** but if he's not making you tear your hair out then he's not doing it right. i consider it satisfactory Link practice despite how much i would like to choke Rizen Rizen personally as he runs and tosses **** at me lol.

Does omega Pirate ship seem small to anyone else? like smaller than normal Omega? the stage also hates Zelda's recovery so beware ladies.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Still, GGs. I just struggle immensely against Link and zoners. Your G&W and Ganon felt like as if you were just messing with me, which weren't that engaging or helpful. And when you went G&W, I just gave up.

And I didn't even get the RED Combo off. :c (Falling UAir > Jumping Side B > UAir > Jump > FAir > Up B)
Ganon is my 2nd best character. I wasn't trying to mess with you; a lot of people really hate Link (not that I blame them, lag abusing Link is stupid) so I 2nd a character who has to approach. G&W's one of my other secondaries with Zelda, Charizard, Bowser and Ike. I just thought you might like some character variety :c

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Rizen Rizen Link is a ***** but if he's not making you tear your hair out then he's not doing it right. i consider it satisfactory Link practice despite how much i would like to choke Rizen Rizen personally as he runs and tosses **** at me lol.

Does omega Pirate ship seem small to anyone else? like smaller than normal Omega? the stage also hates Zelda's recovery so beware ladies.
Yeah. Funny enough, I'd rather face his Link.

Ganon is my 2nd best character. I wasn't trying to mess with you; a lot of people really hate Link (not that I blame them, lag abusing Link is stupid) so I 2nd a character who has to approach. G&W's one of my other secondaries with Zelda, Charizard, Bowser and Ike. I just thought you might like some character variety :c
Ah okay. That makes more sense, sorry if I was thinking of you sandbagging/messing with me.

Also, I dunno about Omega Pirate Ship. I only went there for two things. To record Charizard's Jab Walking and to try and do RED's combo.

And shoutout to @Kumaru for helping me confirm about Jab Walking:
This tech actually hurts charizard in some matchups.

It's infuriating against fox, since jab 1 pulls fox behind charizard if he's close enough. It's is pretty much a free punish for him. I've also noticed this happening with Kirby.
Hope this gets fixed soon. I've already died twice because of it
Thanks for the help. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I keep hearing how this patch is like a major step forward for Smash 4 with the shield stun mechanic.

I'm just going to nod my head and say "Yes," and pretend I understand what people are talking about.

Also, made my Viridi mii fighter. THAT HAIR! <3 Why couldn't the inkling costume have that physics for hair? ;_; Because they will be playable.

Anyway, anyone up for casual smashing (Any stage)? Been waiting until the update came out so I could play on Mario Maker.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can't play Smeej brothers until Saturday!

I'm a sad and beautiful boy rn.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I keep hearing how this patch is like a major step forward for Smash 4 with the shield stun mechanic.

I'm just going to nod my head and say "Yes," and pretend I understand what people are talking about.

Also, made my Viridi mii fighter. THAT HAIR! <3 Why couldn't the inkling costume have that physics for hair? ;_; Because they will be playable.

Anyway, anyone up for casual smashing (Any stage)? Been waiting until the update came out so I could play on Mario Maker.
I'll play you~

I'll probably just fool around with stuff most of the time so yeah

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Be me
Went on FG for the first time in while
Played a guy
Beat him twice with Zelder
"SPAMMER!!"
I replied: "GIT•GUD" & "TEEHEE"
Switched to Ganon
SD'd first stock at the very start
Win
Save Replay
"SHUTUP!!!"
"BYE!!"

"TEEHEE"

image.jpg

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I was asking a friend for some advice on what anime to watch. And I suddenly remember that the Digimon Adventure Tri anime will be airing in two months time.

I cannot contain the hype! ;w;

I cannot contain the hype for it.

Also, I remember back in Middle/Secondary School, I would get bullied just because I liked this along with Pokemon... Man, Middle/Secondary School sucked. But at least I had a blast with College.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Will now expect a flood of "Pikachu mains" riding on that bandwagon from this moment onward, if the increased shieldstun makes its moves safer on shield.
But hey Sheik exists. Sonic exists. Increased shieldstun with Sonic in the game is kill
I fail to see how this improves sonic

means more moves are safer on shield

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
IDK if I can actually play the new patch seriously gorls. My smart shielding practice is completely dumpstered and IDK if I can do it for srs anymore. Only friendlies now....shields are just baddd now. Like really bad against most good chars. Hit R and then give your friend the controller to walk off for you =V

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Nah we just gotta adjust to the change

Really no reason to stop playing seriously tbh imo

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Nah we just gotta adjust to the change

Really no reason to stop playing seriously tbh imo
I would adjust but it's probably going to be reverted cause of how busted it is. It doesn't even affect my chars a lot but it's really dumb how it works and how it was implemented. It's just....ugh. Good thing TBH5 is using the proper version =V.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
IDK if I can actually play the new patch seriously gorls. My smart shielding practice is completely dumpstered and IDK if I can do it for srs anymore. Only friendlies now....shields are just baddd now. Like really bad against most good chars. Hit R and then give your friend the controller to walk off for you =V
It's just like a habit, you'll need to grow out of it. Play enough it shouldn't be a problem
I would adjust but it's probably going to be reverted cause of how busted it is. It doesn't even affect my chars a lot but it's really dumb how it works and how it was implemented. It's just....ugh. Good thing TBH5 is using the proper version =V.
only thing dumb is nintendo not telling us **** per usual

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Well, the change will certainly breathe some life into the competitive scene. We have a lot of new stuff to learn now.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'll keep playing until they erase dunks. I'm starting a dunk list. Fight me if you wanna be on it.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Koiba Koiba Very GGs. Lots of great matches! :3

Lots of lag and pauses in the beginning, but it eventually all went well.
Yeah ggs to you too~

Those were fun~ :happysheep:

Lag was disappointing meh :/

And Nammy says ggs too~

Nway I'm still up for some games soooo~

And my avi's transparent now yay

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well, the change will certainly breathe some life into the competitive scene. We have a lot of new stuff to learn now.
I know right

I'm crunching numbers right now and laughing at how Rosalina got guaranteed Luma>grab stuff on shield

Pikachu's numbers are horrifying too

just thought id share how your posts look like on my screen
not as horrifying as how blind I just became though

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I know right

I'm crunching numbers right now and laughing at how Rosalina got guaranteed Luma>grab stuff on shield

Pikachu's numbers are horrifying too

not as horrifying as how blind I just became though
:[

And I already hated the MU.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Welp I found an app for my phone to edit pictures and 5 minutes later I created my masterpiece avatar. Try not to tremble too much, I don't want there to be earthquakes.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
HAI GORLS

What's this I'm hearing about shield-stun increase? What's that anyway, the amount of frames you can't act after an attack hits your shield?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
HAI GORLS
HI

What's this I'm hearing about shield-stun increase? What's that anyway, the amount of frames you can't act after an attack hits your shield?
Yep. Hitlag (the freeze before stun when hitting with an attack) is the same between attackers and defenders now too.

The new formula gave Sm4sh even more shieldstun than Melee, it allows for some pretty stupid things to happen on shield now.

Top Bottom