• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
...wat?

I'd say that the majority have a personality.

As a huge Kirby fan, I can tell you both Kirby and King Dedede have a personality. All the main 4 does. Kirby's happy personality is charming, and King Dedede's anti-heroness and comedy is pretty great as well.

Why did you mentioned Duck Hunt? Most people remember Duck Hunt for his laugh, which is a part of his trollish personality.

Pokemon characters minimal personality is still a personality. Pikachu acts all adorable, but serious when need be, while charizard is more brutal.

Link, Mario, and G&W, I'll give you but even then, for G&W his random and out of this world personality does play a part into why people like him.

Also, ROB is kinda generic.

I mean overall, I feel it isn't fair to say "a lot" of smash characters lack personality.
I guess the mistake on my part is getting personality and depth mixed up. Kirby and co do have a personality, yes, but they're basically defined by one or two aspects of them (Kirby is a super-happy glutton, Dedede is a glutton with a big ego, etc).

Remember that I said personality is not their strong point, not that they don't have any personality, but it's just not their strongest attribute

The Pokemon invoke the anime pretty much by being the Pokemon...
... No? Unless it's directly stated a Pokémon is based on the anime you can't really claim that. Smash's Charizard belongs to Pokémon Trainer/Red, not Ash, so he hails from the games and not the anime. The only ones that are really a direct tie-in to the anime are Lucario and Mewtwo I think.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
... No? Unless it's directly stated a Pokémon is based on the anime you can't really claim that. Smash's Charizard belongs to Pokémon Trainer/Red, not Ash, so he hails from the games and not the anime. The only ones that are really a direct tie-in to the anime are Lucario and Mewtwo I think.
You're overthinking it... People who like Charizard in the show would like playing as him in Smash regardless of if he's owned by PT or not.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Zelda will have to turn into jank if she wants to viable in this meta with that terrible design :/

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Is a patch actually happening soon? I mean, the ballot is closing, but was one announced?
The one coming with the Mario Maker stage. No balancing has been announced though, but it could happen.
Wow I love this new highlight and quote thing Squidboards has

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
No, we didn't DC. I hopped out because I'm not in the mood to play Sm4sh like I thought I was.

I immediately started complaining about everything to myself. Sorry, I'll have to play you when I'm less groggy and grumpy lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
No, we didn't DC. I hopped out because I'm not in the mood to play Sm4sh like I thought I was.

I immediately started complaining about everything to myself. Sorry, I'll have to play you when I'm less groggy and grumpy lol
No problem. When I'm in a bad mood my game is s***.
GGs :)

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
BJN39 BJN39
Usually (in fighting games) when ANY DLC comes out, it is accompanied by a patch to support it (in case you buy it) along with balance, except in special cases. Games that undergo as many balance changes as this one are especially likely to follow this trend. We've gotten balance patches every time we get something new, and we're about to get the Mario Maker stage soon. I'm just using logic based on patterns here.

KarmaCastle KarmaCastle
Have you mained her since her debut in Melee? She was the first character I picked up, and I've yet to let go of her. Just saying.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I'm not in the mood to play Sm4sh like I thought I was.
Funnily enough I find myself with the same thoughts when my first game of the day is against a Sheik/Diddy/ZSS :secretkpop:

On the real though, I hate the feeling when you're like "I wanna play!" and you turn the station on (whatever it is) and then as you go to your character or selection screen you just kinda... Fade away, so to speak. I'm actually in that spot right now myself.

Have you mained her since her debut in Melee? She was the first character I picked up, and I've yet to let go of her. Just saying.
Yes and no. Yes I picked her up when I was, like, 6, but at that age I can hardly say I mained her. She was all I would play though, even at that age.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Well I'm ok with being bodied really, but as soon as I get mad at myself for dumb things I can't control I would rather just stop playing. I was getting mad for not perfect shielding some stuff instead of trying to have fun.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Zelda will have to turn into jank if she wants to viable in this meta with that terrible design :/
a bit more airspeed, improved Bthrow(increased growth)/Dthrow(decreased growth) and some actual ground moves for spacing (make ftilt a thing/improve uair hitbox) would be enough to call me happy for a long time. Safe sour spots on hit with kicks would be nice but not required

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I guess the mistake on my part is getting personality and depth mixed up. Kirby and co do have a personality, yes, but they're basically defined by one or two aspects of them (Kirby is a super-happy glutton, Dedede is a glutton with a big ego, etc).
Better, but still disagree in some areas, especially King Dedede.

King Dedede being an anti-hero already gives him a nice chunk of depth. King Dedede is selfish, a glutton, and greedy, and is a self-proclaimed King, but he also is willing to help save Dreamland if a monster comes to threaten his territory. He was even the guy who originally sealed Nightmare, (albeit the cost of no one being able to dream).

Speaking of self-proclaim King, that also helps to show how lazy and laid-back Dreamland is since they don't care about kings, which of course makes meta knight mad and then he decided to become the new ruler to stop their lazy lifestyle.

Speaking of Super Star, Super Star Ultra also provided more depth for King Dedede with his conversations with Bandana Dee. Like how King Dedede says Bandana Dee didn't have to fight Kirby after Bandana Dee said that he was too weak to showing how close they were. (And also adding more depth to Bandana Dee because he goes and fights Kirby anyway showing how loyal he is to his King).

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Man.

It's so messed up how enjoyable Sm4sh is for me when I go against 95% of the roster. I mean I LOVE the game and it feels like a game. I enjoy it.

As soon as you throw a diddy/sheik/falcon in there it feels more like a chore than a game. I'll lose to a dedede, link, mewtwo, any FireEmblem character, literally anyone else (Rosalina is borderline) and still have a good time. Even projectile spammers. It's a game to get around them. Seriously I love Marth/Lucina/Ike/KindaRoy.

But as soon as one of those three rush down guys appears on screen I groan and roll my eyes.

It's not even a matter of tier lists. It's just characters that can rush down and spam grabs with consistent true combos. As Zelda there's just so little to do. Even if you make space with NL/SH Nair/Dtilt they move and recover so quickly it just adds a few grains of sand into what feels like an inescapable hourglass.

*fetal position and ponders the meaning in all things*

Rizen

Smash Legend
I just played vs a villager/Toon Link using Link, Ganon and Zelda. As Ganon, projectiles are annoying but landing that read is the most satisfying feel in the world.
*fetal position and ponders the meaning in all things*

/jk

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Just made another new Mario Maker stage!
Robin has nothing to fear!

729F-0000-0055-2251

Based around choosing to either fight your way through (the left path), or solve puzzles to pass (the right path). It's medium difficulty I think, but it could be hard since I know the puzzles. Or easy. Not sure. Just try it for yourself!
(I wanted to name it "A good tactician has nothing to fear!", but there wasn't enough room.)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
boredom sux

Got myself a Chronicle Sword and Secret Armlet around the same time I finished the Sun & Moon Temple in Dark Cloud, a friend said "You basically beat the game already." Then I understood what he meant when I saw the damage I was doing after obtaining them.

Not sure what game I'm going to play after I'm done with this, might check out the PC version of Gunvolt since Speedrun mode changed things about the game in a way that makes it more appealing to me (I loved the 3DS version too, but I'd be lying if I said the scoring system wasn't awful, and I hated the existence of prevasion). Had some RPGs in mind too but I'm not in the mood for anything turn-based right now.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So what if Zelda was buffed like this?

Make all her strings into actual inescapable combos. That means stuff like Nair>Bair would be guaranteed at low to mid %, falling Nair stuff will always work, Uthrow>Uair becomes true at mid %, Dtilt stuff always works, etc. It would be achieved with some simple FAF changes on some moves. I think it's a good way to buff her since she won't become ridiculous or anything like that. It will still take skill to get these combos so FG spammers can't infect her as bad. It won't break her in FFAs either. Not to mention these powerful combos will fit with her "precision glass cannon" style. It would also become even more fun to play as her and do all this stuff knowing it will nearly always connect.

Real talk though: I'm just hoping for a Dtilt FAF decrease like Utilt got.

I mean IMO Zelda feels good, she just needs a tiny bit less lag all around.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Went out on a hiking trip today. The weather was just lovely.

Also went kayaking on a nearby river. Ah, the advantages of staying in a rural area.

And also this pretty much sums up my initial impressions of FE: if.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
So what if Zelda was buffed like this?

Make all her strings into actual inescapable combos. That means stuff like Nair>Bair would be guaranteed at low to mid %, falling Nair stuff will always work, Uthrow>Uair becomes true at mid %, Dtilt stuff always works, etc. It would be achieved with some simple FAF changes on some moves. I think it's a good way to buff her since she won't become ridiculous or anything like that. It will still take skill to get these combos so FG spammers can't infect her as bad. It won't break her in FFAs either. Not to mention these powerful combos will fit with her "precision glass cannon" style. It would also become even more fun to play as her and do all this stuff knowing it will nearly always connect.

Real talk though: I'm just hoping for a Dtilt FAF decrease like Utilt got.

I mean IMO Zelda feels good, she just needs a tiny bit less lag all around.
Zelda would have guaranteed combos but she would still be bad because she would still have these weaknesses.

Unable to approach
Unable to force approach
Disjoints still cause her grief
Rushdown hurts

When you land a grab or something she'd become a ToD type character but you'd still have to aggressively turtle around to get the combos started and she probably would end up camped out harder when people realize she has Luigi buttons off combo starters lol.

A FAF decrease on Dtilt to make it more safeish would be good because it is her jab. I just want the ability to make people approach me and make grab like frame 6 or 7.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Been playing some more Dual Destinies, managed to beat Episode 2 of the game. I never realized till looking on VGFacts...

That the Wrestling show Phineas Filch is watching is referencing Twilight with the Wrestler named "Sparkling Wolf" and "Pretty boy Vampire". When asked how it went he replies with "It was a total disaster."

And I've played a bit more of Project Mirai DX. Cute stuff is cute. Might try and get the AR Codes from the blog they've posted. :V

And it seems I'm late for the sprite and PXZ2 party. You want an animated sprite? Here~

:3

And one thing I'm worried about Project X Zone 2 are that the characters may end up being OOC (Out of character), since it was very apparent with a lot of the characters in the first Project X Zone game. Example? Frank West was a pervert who wanted to take photos of a lot of the female cast. Hsien-Ko would complain a bit on being a Jiangshi/Zombie, and Juri was always putting peer pressure on every single pair she allied with and she was VERY annoying. :V
Funny that Dante was left perfectly in tact, he had his cool, awesome, personality. But everyone else? They messed up. :V

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Also, from listening to the Ace Attorney Investigations music compared to the Dual Destinies and former OST from the previous games...

Is it me, or does AAI's music sound so... MIDI?
Especially this:

Top Bottom