• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay finally made a BAN•ZELDA level in Mario Maker I promise I'll stop sharing levels after this. ;_;
ID: 4797-0000-0058-A1B3
Have comments on to truly experience what it is like to play a character that should be banned.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
So this actually happened yesterday.

I remembered the guy who 2-0'd me was a maaaad good Dedede.

At one point he said, "Oh hey are you bugged or we gotta reset?"

Me: "What do you mean??"

Him: "You're glowing purple on your hand, I assumed it's a glitch."

Me: "...No... That just happens when you break my phantom..."

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Him: "Your glowing purple on your hand, I assumed it's a glitch."

I know that feel. A Dedede prevented me from winning my first offline tournament.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Him: "You're glowing purple on your hand, I assumed it's a glitch."

If you lived in Texas I would think that you went to the same local as me, lol. Like, your experience has been nearly identical to mine.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
At lower percents, go with the gentleman instead of the rapid jab on non-fastfallers. Mario wasn't taking a ton from the rapid jab, gentleman would've done the same damage + true comboed into uair with Luma around for even more damage and positioning. It's also less leaky, Mario won't upB you out of it. I'd go for grab>uthrow more too for similar reasons, you want to put Mario above you so he has to try to land through halos.

I feel like sometimes you just press buttons for the sake of pressing buttons, though you didn't get punished for it much aside from a couple whiffed usmashes.

Approaching with nair like that isn't really safe especially against Mario, not sure if it was MU inexperience or lag preventing him from reacting to it but Mario can just upB or usmash punish that every time - and God help you if you run into a Mario that can perfect pivot shield into usmash. I mainly only use nair for stuffing approaches (sh nair to avoid and punish dash grab, etc) or approaching over fireballs in the MU.
Ok, tysm for the advice
#coffeepals

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs Koiba Koiba .

Sorry for the sudden No Contests. >_>
Just that Dork Pit, Rosalimp Biskit and Pikachu are so annoying to play against. Still find Rosalostandfound to be stupid. :V
But I'm SLOWLY learning.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
For all my clumsy gorls who cracked their GamePad screen like me, here's a video that shows step-by-step how to replace it, with links to where to buy the screen and tools required.

I ordered the tools and the digitizer and, including shipping, it was only $25, so I think it's worth a shot. I'm a bit worried I might not be able to put it back together cause I suck with tools and technology, but I'm hoping for the best lol.

Saving $100+ is worth the risk in my opinion.

When the parts arrive and I've tried it, I'll let you know how it went.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>Posts: 3000
>Likes: 15400

I'm such a l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶*̶*̶*̶ popular gorl~

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
GGs Koiba Koiba .

Sorry for the sudden No Contests. >_>
Just that Dork Pit, Rosalimp Biskit and Pikachu are so annoying to play against. Still find Rosalostandfound to be stupid. :V
But I'm SLOWLY learning.
Yea ggs to you too~

I feel like I suck at smash now woo :drflip:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Yea ggs to you too~

I feel like I suck at smash now woo :drflip:
Still don't think you suck. The lag wasn't as bad this time which I'm happy for, but it was still kinda iffy a few times. But I did manage to figure out how to deal with Puff as Roy. Just got to space, play some mind games and all that.

I said that I'd do my assignments earlier instead of doing them the day before deadline

and here I am. About to finish them the day before deadline

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Macchiato Macchiato
Hmm. Well, one of my main thoughts was, "Ugh, Rosalina's Uair," but you did well. I think you could've done a slightly better job at spacing them since I was able to shield and punish with most of the characters I used. I think you could probably utilize a dispatched Luma more. It's not the safest idea, but it can pay off if you can shoot a Luma offstage, and have it Dair for a KO. Perhaps switch up with Bair and sometimes Fair, because I was able to beat out your Nair.

Also, GGs, they were very fun of courseeee. Do you have anything for me as well? Nice Peach btw.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
For glory player's can be the sweetest or the worst.

Sometimes they accidentally hit you while you're friendly taunting. Then they let you hit them back once. Of course they don't have to, but it's so polite and really helps lighten the atmosphere and create a friendly set of matches. Also accidentally SD'd with DINSFAILURE. Both in the same match, sweetheart Marth (usually the players to do such things) SD'd right beside me. It was kinda romantic...

Then there's the player that you 0-death and two stock who switches characters and manages to beat you with 98% on his last stock then say "Dunked" "Made" and quit the game before you can respond. I was gonna say "GGsClose" because his Yoshi was freaking ridiculous and I couldn't move an inch. But I didn't even have enough time to :drflip: :drohyou:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
You talking about FG reminded me of the time I unintentionally was a big **** to an FG player that didn't deserve it

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I said that I'd do my assignments earlier instead of doing them the day before deadline

and here I am. About to finish them the day before deadline
Berserker yew are a very, very, very bad gorl. Tsk tsk tsk momma must be so disappointed in yew.

... :secretkpop: don't worry I had a oral presentation to do for English first day back after holidays sometime this year and everyone was instructed to write and practice their speech over the 2 week holidays.

I wrote mine 6 hours before school started.

I got 18/20 marks.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
>Posts: 3000
>Likes: 15400

I'm such a l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶*̶*̶*̶ popular gorl~
Did you literally just brag about how many likes you get and get a ton of likes for it? What crazy bizarro universe did I just string theory myself to?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
For glory player's can be the sweetest or the worst.

Sometimes they accidentally hit you while you're friendly taunting. Then they let you hit them back once. Of course they don't have to, but it's so polite and really helps lighten the atmosphere and create a friendly set of matches. Also accidentally SD'd with DINSFAILURE. Both in the same match, sweetheart Marth (usually the players to do such things) SD'd right beside me. It was kinda romantic...

Then there's the player that you 0-death and two stock who switches characters and manages to beat you with 98% on his last stock then say "Dunked" "Made" and quit the game before you can respond. I was gonna say "GGsClose" because his Yoshi was freaking ridiculous and I couldn't move an inch. But I didn't even have enough time to :drflip: :drohyou:
Where are you playing online? When I friendly taunt, they continue to attack. When I accidently backslash off stage (which barley happens) they continue to fight. I got a message on FG one day that said "BLACK LIVES" and then another saying "DON'T MATTER" cause my mii is dark skinned. I ****ing hate that place.

The only fun part is when you find that player who knows what the hell there doing.

:link:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Where are you playing online? When I friendly taunt, they continue to attack. When I accidently backslash off stage (which barley happens) they continue to fight. I got a message on FG one day that said "BLACK LIVES" and then another saying "DON'T MATTER" cause my mii is dark skinned. I ****ing hate that place.

The only fun part is when you find that player who knows what the hell there doing.

I always find it disgusting how people can use tags to say such disgusting things and we are really not allowed to do anything about it

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Berserker yew are a very, very, very bad gorl. Tsk tsk tsk momma must be so disappointed in yew.

... :secretkpop: don't worry I had a oral presentation to do for English first day back after holidays sometime this year and everyone was instructed to write and practice their speech over the 2 week holidays.

I got 18/20 marks.
I found myself getting higher marks for bull****ting essays the night before than the ones I got really worked up about or could relate to that I spent hours on. I felt like my bull****ted essays or speeches were just run on sentences and random thoughts placed together. Never really focused on intro/body/conclusions

YET WHEN I GO ANAL ON PERFECTING MY DEBATE ABOUT VIOLENCE STEMMING FROM VIDEOGAMES I GOT A FULL LETTER GRADE BELOW. Bwughhh I hated generals.

And wow, youtube's video editor is actually really nice for casual uploads. I was scared to try it but I wanted to upload just the part of me 0-deathing that Dbag and it took me 5 seconds to just slide the "clip here" bar over.

Goddesses bless you.

I always find it disgusting how people can use tags to say such disgusting things and we are really not allowed to do anything about it
Watching Acestar's stream (he's one of my favorite Sm4shers because he's so light hearted about everything. Usually.) he got back to back racial slurs. Made me sick. It's hard to just report too, since they can always delete the names.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Macchiato Macchiato
Hmm. Well, one of my main thoughts was, "Ugh, Rosalina's Uair," but you did well. I think you could've done a slightly better job at spacing them since I was able to shield and punish with most of the characters I used. I think you could probably utilize a dispatched Luma more. It's not the safest idea, but it can pay off if you can shoot a Luma offstage, and have it Dair for a KO. Perhaps switch up with Bair and sometimes Fair, because I was able to beat out your Nair.

Also, GGs, they were very fun of courseeee. Do you have anything for me as well? Nice Peach btw.
Falco - Use Illusion less, I punished many. Lasers are bad so don't use them. Still your best imo.

Peach - You could've pressured better. Also use Bair oos more.

Zelda - You missed a lot of elevator opportunities.

Marth - Could work on spacing a bit.

Duck Hunt - I really don't know anything about Duck Hunt sooooo

All in all, you did good. Imo your Falco and Marth are above the rest of your secondaries.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Macchiato Macchiato
Thank youuuu.
Lasers are actually good to use at a distance. I've gotten jab lock (by laser) combos on stages with platforms before for some pretty heavy damage. Sometimes I'd use it on accident though. I do need to use Illusion better, but anything is better than that terrible Up B.
Peach is a work in progress. I need to lab with her and figure out combos more with her. I haven't really looked at pro play or guides either, which would probably help as she's so complex. Haven't been using her nearly as long as the others.
Marth, yeah, I'm normally better with spacing, but when you're fighting Rosie, you just want to attack her before the Luma attacks you. That one shield break onto the top platform I didn't bother to space though because I didn't feel like it. I actually expected you to fall back down to the middle. It caught me off guard.
Duck Hunt is Duck Hunt.
My Zelda does need help in that department. I just feel that I can only do it out of perfect shield, which I don't think I ever really perfect shielded a lot of attacks to begin with. There's also the fact that some attacks can push her too far away on shield for FW1 to even hit, or have too little end lag, so I didn't bother with it. There was one instance where I meant to dash and do Elevator because I had the chance, but for some odd reason it didn't register, so I just dashed towards you and stopped. The same thing happens when I try to Rest with Jiggles sometimes (but that can be fixed by jumping into Rest, Elevator can't).

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Macchiato Macchiato
Thank youuuu.
Lasers are actually good to use at a distance. I've gotten jab lock (by laser) combos on stages with platforms before for some pretty heavy damage. Sometimes I'd use it on accident though. I do need to use Illusion better, but anything is better than that terrible Up B.
Peach is a work in progress. I need to lab with her and figure out combos more with her. I haven't really looked at pro play or guides either, which would probably help as she's so complex. Haven't been using her nearly as long as the others.
Marth, yeah, I'm normally better with spacing, but when you're fighting Rosie, you just want to attack her before the Luma attacks you. That one shield break onto the top platform I didn't bother to space though because I didn't feel like it. I actually expected you to fall back down to the middle. It caught me off guard.
Duck Hunt is Duck Hunt.
My Zelda does need help in that department. I just feel that I can only do it out of perfect shield, which I don't think I ever really perfect shielded a lot of attacks to begin with. There's also the fact that some attacks can push her too far away on shield for FW1 to even hit, or have too little end lag, so I didn't bother with it. There was one instance where I meant to dash and do Elevator because I had the chance, but for some odd reason it didn't register, so I just dashed towards you and stopped. The same thing happens when I try to Rest with Jiggles sometimes (but that can be fixed by jumping into Rest, Elevator can't).
PEACH HELP? READ MY GUIDE

http://peachsmash4.weebly.com

#ShamelessSelfAdvertising

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My only Peach advice is to make sure your spacing is perfect because Peach really needs it, and not to rely too heavily on dair. It's a good move, but you shouldn't be using it all the time.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

I got 18/20 marks.

Reminds me of this 1 history project in 7th Grade where I did the exact same thing.
And got 99%.
And why I didn't get 100% was because I had too much information.
What.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Reminds me of this 1 history project in 7th Grade where I did the exact same thing.
And got 99%.
And why I didn't get 100% was because I had too much information.
What.
99/100 too much information PK21's 7th grade teacher, former employee of IGN

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla

Racism on Smash ( a game whose primary audience is 6-12 year olds, no less) is just plain disgusting.

To all the people who think it's funny to use racial slurs on For Glory, take a moment to consider this:

Top Bottom