• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Random note but I miss @Indigo Jeans ;^;
You know, now that you've reminded me. I haven't seen him in months.
Also, from listening to the Ace Attorney Investigations music compared to the Dual Destinies and former OST from the previous games...
Is it me, or does AAI's music sound so... MIDI?
Especially this:
It has always sounded that way. At least to me.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Could you gorls give me thoughts and advice?
Use a better palette because red is trash tier.

Your nair spacing is probably the biggest thing you need to work on. Almost every time you naired his shield, he was able to grab/punish you. Nair has pretty decent range, so you can pull back near the end of the move and still hit with it.
I can remember if you got any grabs, but uthrow>utilt (at low percents) or uair (at higher percents, but it's not guaranteed) is your friend.

If you want to get fancy, you could try incorporating Lunar Landing into your gameplay. LL fair is quite easy to do and combos into uair until nearly 100%. LL bair is cool for covering your back. LL nair and dair have only 1 frame where you can do it without getting the landing lag, but they're both pretty useful. LL nair is probably the best one and you can do stuff like LL nair>roll behind them so they get hit with Luma's first kick>usmash (since Luma drags them into it). Dair is one of Luma's best kill moves, so being able to safely throw it out is really useful. LL is also very useful for covering landings (which is something Rosalinda tends to struggle with since she's so floaty).

All in all, gj sisT.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
You'd be surprised to find out how many people I've infracted because of "harassment".

The internet is a creepy place.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Use a better palette because red is trash tier.

Your nair spacing is probably the biggest thing you need to work on. Almost every time you naired his shield, he was able to grab/punish you. Nair has pretty decent range, so you can pull back near the end of the move and still hit with it.
I can remember if you got any grabs, but uthrow>utilt (at low percents) or uair (at higher percents, but it's not guaranteed) is your friend.

If you want to get fancy, you could try incorporating Lunar Landing into your gameplay. LL fair is quite easy to do and combos into uair until nearly 100%. LL bair is cool for covering your back. LL nair and dair have only 1 frame where you can do it without getting the landing lag, but they're both pretty useful. LL nair is probably the best one and you can do stuff like LL nair>roll behind them so they get hit with Luma's first kick>usmash (since Luma drags them into it). Dair is one of Luma's best kill moves, so being able to safely throw it out is really useful. LL is also very useful for covering landings (which is something Rosalinda tends to struggle with since she's so floaty).

All in all, gj sisT.
omg tysm sis, I think Rosalina might be my co-main for Zelda.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Well I just watched a video of a Muppet telling me about the most impolite bosses in Zelda. That was a great way to start a morning!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
What is love? What is loss? What is the meaning of love with loss? What is the meaning of love without loss? Why is the world's winds weary of those around it?

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
What is love? What is loss? What is the meaning of love with loss? What is the meaning of love without loss? Why is the world's winds weary of those around it?
Because sheik exists

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Can everyone stop making fun of our beloved character? We are the Sheik Social, how about being nice to the character we all love???
Mods please change the title the new one isn't new anymore can we be the Zelda Social again please?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I just uploaded my first Rosalina replay

Could you gorls give me thoughts and advice?
@ArcticWolf Lavani Lavani @Koiba @SuperRaccoonBL3
At lower percents, go with the gentleman instead of the rapid jab on non-fastfallers. Mario wasn't taking a ton from the rapid jab, gentleman would've done the same damage + true comboed into uair with Luma around for even more damage and positioning. It's also less leaky, Mario won't upB you out of it. I'd go for grab>uthrow more too for similar reasons, you want to put Mario above you so he has to try to land through halos.

I feel like sometimes you just press buttons for the sake of pressing buttons, though you didn't get punished for it much aside from a couple whiffed usmashes.

Approaching with nair like that isn't really safe especially against Mario, not sure if it was MU inexperience or lag preventing him from reacting to it but Mario can just upB or usmash punish that every time - and God help you if you run into a Mario that can perfect pivot shield into usmash. I mainly only use nair for stuffing approaches (sh nair to avoid and punish dash grab, etc) or approaching over fireballs in the MU.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Vanilla do you have WiiU Smash. I want to play thee, we've exchanged fun dialogue before and I'm always down for more sparring buddies! (Even though my free time is in the University vortex atm, I still have SOME)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Sorry, I do not. I don't even have access to the 3DS version anymore :drsad:

I probably won't be buying a Wii U at any point either since Sm4sh is literally the only thing I'd be buying it for.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Btw, anyone up for a few matches? I feel the need to practice/spar against someone.

I got a room up if anyone wants to have a few matches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom