• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
d Rizen fought already. I'm just going to leave it there for his sake.
Your lag is unplayable. You completely abuse it by rolling and spamming. What do you think everyone's been saying all this time:
@smokebomb12
WTF You play like your in FG. If you say your the best, play like it. Even though I beat you so many times, I just hate your For Glory Playstyle. Its annoying and bull S*****
You take advantage of lag and items and that all you do.
:facepalm:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
image.jpg

I forgot how broken my profile status was.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Your lag is unplayable. You completely abuse it by rolling and spamming. What do you think everyone's been saying all this time:

:facepalm:
Looks like someone is channeling their inner Link Main today :secretkpop:
You can channel more by throwing the kitchen sink
Shame I can't face your link tho.
everyone's throwing praises at your link.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Gorls. The fist of sass was merciless. I eliminated two friends who came together. Then watched them walk out together.

I'd feel bad but one was a Sheik main :secretkpop:

Still in progress. I'll post in once I've finished backhanding our foes <3. I'm already known as "the Zelda only" player. (I guess the other Gorl and Secondary Gorl change as soon as they lose a round.)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Looks like someone is channeling their inner Link Main today :secretkpop:
You can channel more by throwing the kitchen sink
Shame I can't face your link tho.
everyone's throwing praises at your link.
We're Sugar Free ;). No one takes wifi, especially bad connections seriously. People need to go play offline tourneys.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Good. I've just been wondering what Ganon was up to.
Hello! Haven't seen you here in a while.
I have been traveling, honing my own skills to supplement those I already have.
I have been drifting upon this harsh wind of the world, upon which this world will eventually crumble.

Now, I have a question for all of you.,
Are you guys hyped for Xenoblade X?
Well, you should be. I already have the Special Edition pre ordered and ready to go.

What about Triforce Heroes? What are your thoughts that we will be playing this game within a month?

What are your opinions of the delay of Star Fox?

I ask this as the world around us is bending to the inevitable end. For us anyway, we will be dead within 90 years of the very most. So we should enjoy it.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Well, you should be. I already have the Special Edition pre ordered and ready to go.
I'm kinda excited for it. It will be a new RPG series I can get into. Plus I need more RPGs for my Wii U.
What about Triforce Heroes? What are your thoughts that we will be playing this game within a month?
Probably will skip this. I'm not into the smaller spinoff Zelda games that much, and I don't have 2 other people to play it with either.
Disappointed, but if it means they can make it better, then go for it. At least it was only delayed to Q1 2016.
----
This new quote box feature is amazing.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I have been traveling, honing my own skills to supplement those I already have.
I have been drifting upon this harsh wind of the world, upon which this world will eventually crumble.

Now, I have a question for all of you.,

I ask this as the world around us is bending to the inevitable end. For us anyway, we will be dead within 90 years of the very most. So we should enjoy it.
For Xenoblade X, I would have preordered the collector's edition but its not up on Amazon Canada yet.

Triforce heroes? Not too excited plus I have other games I need to finish.

I'm not a big star fox fan and I think it was a good idea for them to delay it a bit since it was looking rough at e3.
Only problem with that is now Nintendo doesn't really have a big title to push during the holiday season (let's be honest, Xenoblade probably won't appeal to the casual audience Nintendo is usually going for).

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Greetings.
We meet again, King of Evil.
I'm disappointed as this means I gotta wait longer to play it. Hopefully this delay will put the game at Star Fox 64 levels of good.

For better or worse, I'm used to waiting at least.

Waiting 7 years for :linkmelee: is an incredible test of patience.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Any games going on~? I wouldn't mind some one on ones or something~

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Only problem with that is now Nintendo doesn't really have a big title to push during the holiday season (let's be honest, Xenoblade probably won't appeal to the casual audience Nintendo is usually going for).
I believe this is incorrect within itself. Instead of perhaps the casual audience, Nintendo can embrace the core gaming crowd with a correct marketing push.
This game largely is very made for a western market, with it's huge open world, mechs, use of guns, ect.
Yes it is an RPG which can be volatile for a western market, however, so was FF7.
If we had a huge marketing push for Xenoblade X like Splatoon had, and they aired commercials with a "hardcore" gamer in mind, Xenoblade could at least be a decent push for the holiday season.

I am very happy with the Star Fox delay though. It needs it. It really and truly needs it.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
WAIT

I JUST REALIZED

PROJECT X ZONE 2

HIGH QUALITY LUCINA CHROM AND FIORA SPRITES AAAAA

*dies*

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Lucina and Chrom, as well as Fiora, are confirmed to be showing up in the new Project X Zone

I still haven't finished the first one >_>
but why Fiora?
I mean there are other Pegasus knights that make way more sense like Ceada the original peg knight or Sumia/Cordelia/Cynthia Awakening's Pegasus knights
wait
NINTENDO CHARACTER IN PROJECT X ZONE?!

EDIT:Just realized that Fiora is the Xenoblade character not FE 7's Pegasus Knight Didn't feel that

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
sprites are the best

Not to say that every game should be sprite-based, but I appreciate the artistic stylings of sprites a lot more than 3D models. Especially since models still tend to have awkward animations and clipping issues galore to this day.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I know there's a thread for these but I have to bc I'm so excited and it's my first tourney. Forgive me.

It's nothing to be proud of, but. Boop. ZelDUH. Also I found out their usual tourneys are 5-20 people TOPS. Like the last 15 weeks. This week there were 45? Dang. http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/09_19_15_Sm4sh_Singles

I ended up beating my goal and winning 2 brackets. Got to loser's 2nd bracket. I ended up going against the guy who got to grand finals in doubles (I had to wait nearly an hour between my loser's 1st and next match) and then proceeded to trump everyone after me. So I feel less bad about that.

He had a crazy peach. I wrecked his first game and two stocked him, then he got me the second round. After that I discovered too late that he learned how to get past my phantom/NL wall. He's SH right in front of me, air dodge and then fair/bair. If I found that out before my last stock at 100% I think I had a good shot. But it was a matter of him adapting to me and me not recognizing it until too late.

2-1 against a Sheik (friend of the ness I got rid of). She had a 100% lead on my second stock but I played SUPER safe and campy and got a sick off stage lightning kick.

0-2 against i don't remember but 3/4 of my deaths were SDs >.>.. Not even DI or weird FW either. I wasn't used to non-omega stages so when I went for the snipe I whiffed and stopped trying for them after that. I really think I coulda gone higher in the winners bracket because I had big leads on him otherwise.

2-0 against a ness (friend of sheik I got rid of). Landed so many lightning kicks, killed with elevators and a dair. I love Ness' recovery :^) people are so scared of getting hit by it, but that's nonsense. He's so defenseless I can't resist. Also got the final kill because he let me Fsmash and tilt his shield to the point of breaking and I read he'd roll back

1-2 against grand finals double guy who also ended up going on to finals of singles. So at least I lost to the best guy! If I recognized his adaptation to me with the SH Airdodges I could have easily beaten him with an Elevator but it's a good lesson to learn because I never make it a priority to actively be adapting. Just kinda passively, but now i know sometimes that's too late.

Overwall given my first tournament and the first time I've played against non-cpus without WiFi and learning to use a new controller on the spot (changing Y to attack helped; I kept hitting it to tilt/jab because of the button placement on the Wii U pad) I am proud and okay with these results. Now I want to find people in my area (the tourney's a good 35-40 miles away) to practice with in person. Plus I just moved to Oregon recently, so having these "friend" things would be cool, especially if they're semi-competitive sm4shers. You guys know how to find people like that? I know there's a board but even narrowing it down to Pacific Northwest the odds of finding someone local posting on a specific day I look is gonna be a challenge ><.

Bonus details, there was a twin brother duo whose actual names were Timmy and Tommy. I laughed out loud in my loner goth corner when I heard that.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
so since they decided to break smashboards mobile, while saying they were fixing smashboards mobile i might be around here less until they finally get it right since the mobile site no longer works on my phone now :v

auntie Rion Rion better not start appearing more when i'm here less :v

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Here, have a sprite of a character's idle animation.

Guilty Gear is weird... Dude looks like a total bishonen, but happens to be possessed by several ghosts and ends up with that animation.
While I didn't really like Zappa, I tried learning him at one point because one of those ghosts in particular is really awesome

Unfortunately I couldn't really get into Guilty Gear at all because none of the characters clicked for/appealed to me. Dizzy's the closest to the sort of character archetype I tend to like but I both didn't enjoy playing her and was awful at her, so I defaulted to Ky (who I also sucked at).

EDIT: I just noticed the forum doesn't allow for consecutive spaces so all spaces after a period are single spaces and this is going to rustle me every time I read a post now.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
so since they decided to break smashboards mobile, while saying they were fixing smashboards mobile i might be around here less until they finally get it right since the mobile site no longer works on my phone now :v

auntie Rion Rion better not start appearing more when i'm here less :v
yeah it broke for my phone two for about 3 hours

3 hours of not being able to BAN*ZELDA is too much for me so i was dying

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Who cares about Chrom and Lucina in PXZ when we have ****ING SEGATA SANSHIRO!

SEGATA! Seriously, it's about time he shows up in a video game, especially a fanservice-happy one.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
sprites are the best

Not to say that every game should be sprite-based, but I appreciate the artistic stylings of sprites a lot more than 3D models. Especially since models still tend to have awkward animations and clipping issues galore to this day.
Sprites are so legit. I'm actually pretty sad they're falling out of style against 3D models.

Plus I can actually sort of make sprites, makes me appreciate them a lot more lol

Top Bottom