• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

Could you elaborate on this please?

On a different note
tfw killing with upsmash at ~80%

Given all of Links tools, Link can bomb jump, meaning he can do Up special, thrn the bomb blows up helping him gain more air mobility AND THEN he can use Up special again. Not to mention Links tether recovery. Link can also make the Hyrule jump and can make it around Final destination, Lylat cruise, Battlefield and Smashville and can make it back. Zelda has a better vertical, but thats it. When shes done, shes done.

So yeah, :4link: beats :4zelda:s recovery.

:4link:>:4zelda:.

Gorl you need to do your homework XD

:link:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Zelda has a very good vertical recovery, very good horizontal recovery, and very good diagonal recovery. She's invincible during almost all of her recovery so she can't be gimped. If she's coming down towards the stage against someone who doesn't edgeguard for some reason, she can also charge a Phantom for some extra damage. The only downfall of her recovery is that there's a few frames to hit it when snapping to the ledge. Link's recovery can be gimped very easily and even if he can make it go farther with a bomb you have to wait for the bomb to explode which isn't always practical

BAN•ZELDA

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Given all of Links tools, Link can bomb jump, meaning he can do Up special, thrn the bomb blows up helping him gain more air mobility AND THEN he can use Up special again. Not to mention Links tether recovery. Link can also make the Hyrule jump and can make it around Final destination, Lylat cruise, Battlefield and Smashville and can make it back. Zelda has a better vertical, but thats it. When shes done, shes done.

So yeah, :4link: beats :4zelda:s recovery.

:4link:>:4zelda:.

Gorl you need to do your homework XD

Zelda can also make it around BF, FD, and SV.

Link can be hit out if his Spin Attack and tether fairly easily...it's usually a spike since he's vulnerable from above. Zelda can only be hit in startup and when grabbing the ledge.

Bomb jumping won't help you fast enough when you really need it. The bomb takes time to explode, unlike Zelda's instant Teleport. It also damages you. I only see bombs being useful when Link is sent really far.

If you go after Zelda offstage, she can basically bypass you just by choosing to recover horizontally onto the stage. The edgeguard situation is then reversed. Link doesn't really have this option since his Spin Attack only goes up, and his tether only goes sideways.

Zelda is floaty with meh airspeed, so even if she loses her jump she'll probably still make it back. She's practically ungimpable. Link gets gimped...a lot.

Link has better offensive options recovering (like the boomerang, bow, and bombs), but Zelda far outclasses him in terms of versatility, distance, and edgeguard capability.

Not saying Link's recovery is trash, but it's nothing amazing.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Zelda has a very good vertical recovery, very good horizontal recovery, and very good diagonal recovery. She's invincible during almost all of her recovery so she can't be gimped. If she's coming down towards the stage against someone who doesn't edgeguard for some reason, she can also charge a Phantom for some extra damage. The only downfall of her recovery is that there's a few frames to hit it when snapping to the ledge. Link's recovery can be gimped very easily and even if he can make it go farther with a bomb you have to wait for the bomb to explode which isn't always practical

BAN•ZELDA
Can be gimped easily? WAIT FOR THE BOMB TO BLOW UP

Zelda can also make it around BF, FD, and SV.

Link can be hit out if his Spin Attack and tether fairly easily...it's usually a spike since he's vulnerable from above. Zelda can only be hit in startup and when grabbing the ledge.

Bomb jumping won't help you fast enough when you really need it. The bomb takes time to explode, unlike Zelda's instant Teleport. It also damages you. I only see bombs being useful when Link is sent really far.

If you go after Zelda offstage, she can basically bypass you just by choosing to recover horizontally onto the stage. The edgeguard situation is then reversed. Link doesn't really have this option since his Spin Attack only goes up, and his tether only goes sideways.

Zelda is floaty with meh airspeed, so even if she loses her jump she'll probably still make it back. She's practically ungimpable. Link gets gimped...a lot.

Link has better offensive options recovering (like the boomerang, bow, and bombs), but Zelda far outclasses him in terms of versatility, distance, and edgeguard capability.

Not saying Link's recovery is trash, but it's nothing amazing.

Hold my phone.

Let me finish fighting this dude then will talk.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
As our friend Antonykun said:
Safety (hitboxes/intangibility/invincibility frames) > Mixups (options) > Character's Mobility specs> Distance when it comes to recovery.
I'm not on anyone's side here, just offering it into the discussion.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
So just because Zelda can't be gimped during her recovery, does not make it better then others who can.

:4rob: can be gimped during his recovery, but its still etter then :4zelda:. She can still be hit with a good spacing move like :4link:s Nair bombs, boomerang and Bair before she disappears. I even spiked some :4zelda:s before they could get the whole spin around. Not to mention :4zelda: doesn't always grab the ledge, causing the foe to get a free punish move in. :4link:s Up B for the most part covers his head. The only bad part is when he turns around and either the back of his head is open or his back is wide open. But that sword will more then likely hit you before you can hit :4link:. It traps you inside the the move until he either grabs the ledge or does that final swing that could possibly KO you. Not to mention his vertical recovery isn't bad he he go a pretty fair distance, not better then :4zelda:s vertical momentum, but its still good. Now the gimping is a easy to fix problem. Bomb jumping. If Link gets knocked off stage, befor you do anything, you need to pull out a bomb, then you see what the opponent does, if he goes after you throw a boomerang or do a quick air dodge. But wait, you still have your double jump, so double jump, and then up B, then the bomb goes off (4 really quick seconds) then Up B again. or you could pull out a bomb, tether the stage and then go on with your daily life. There are so many out ccomes Link can choose from.

Is :4zelda:s recovery bad, **** no. It covers alot of ground and is very easy to pull off. :4link: just has better recovery options.

There is alot more, but I'm not in the mood right now.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
As our friend Antonykun said:

I'm not on anyone's side here, just offering it into the discussion.
Still stand on that point though, i have no idea whether or not link's recovery is better than zelda by that criteria so I'll use my other criteria: can villager consistently edgeguard this character? Well thats a tough one. Villager can do far better at actually going off stage against Link but the bowling ball is so good on that one frame on Faore's so...
:/
@ Nu~ Nu~ your main is dumb :secretkpop:

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I play a bit of Ness now. I often praise myself for the high level of skill it takes for me to hit someone with my massive range frame 6 unblockable move and then hit the direction I'm NOT facing.

Sometimes I accidentally throw up!
butbut muh PK recoveree sux!!1!
:196:

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So Cosmo is streaming Tourney Mode...while playing Minesweeper and listening to Harry Potter audio books.

It's actually pretty great.
Totally WAS NOT expecting Minesweeper, LOL

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Pssshh. Y'all are late.

I'm currently practicing it to screw around with slower characters. Unfortunately run, jump, or walk will deactivate the glitch.

...but crawling doesn't :denzel:

@ Antonykun Antonykun
Hey, that's what I've been trying to tell people lol. I should just let everyone take pacman at face value.

Surprising the misinformed is fun! Like when I heal off of Rosas that spam down B lol

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Zelda's jab KOs Mario at 293%. This makes it a viable sudden death tactic.

more to come~

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Does he go to any tournaments? The only one I've seen was Combo Breaker and I don't think he made it out of pools.
I don't think he's going to anything. It sucks because his Zelda is still quite good. Oh well at least he streams frequently.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the NWC. Oops

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Ftilt sourspot and utilt kill at about the same time!

A sweetspot dash attack kills at a percentage in between the two dsmash hits!

Dsmash has a sourspot that you have to be inside the opponent to hit!

Yaaaay!!!

(I don't know why I'm doing this)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
lol I bet they don't know who The Lake is, either
Is The Lake still playing Melee? I haven't seen any vids of him in a while.

So...does this mean Melee Zelda now has no reps at all? :c

Oh well, you can't really blame anyone for not using her now. Since 20XX and stuff.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Is The Lake still playing Melee? I haven't seen any vids of him in a while.

So...does this mean Melee Zelda now has no reps at all? :c

Oh well, you can't really blame anyone for not using her now. Since 20XX and stuff.
I'm not sure how recently it was updated, but his page on smash wiki says that he's currently 7th on the Pittsburgh Melee power rankings. That would mean he's still playing, but again, idk how long ago that page was updated.

I hope he still playing.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
hey @Nammy12 care to make a silly gif?

could you mayhaps put the N@iro Apex emote on ZSS's face on this gif?

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I was looking at some Pokémon gifs and

What in the world were you expecting to accomplish with this, Red? lol
Well if you seen the Anime (Its very good) he is doing that "Pokémon and humans should share a bond" type of deal. Mewtwo was kicking his as until

But it was stupid. That's like me trying to catch my favorite car.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
THERE ARE TWO FINISHING HITBOXES TO NAIR

THEIR KO PERCENTAGES HAVE A 40% DIFFERENCE

WHY

this confused me for a good 10 minutes ugh

Last edited: