• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
@ Villyness Villyness it's okay, you can become a Zelda

"one of us, one of us"
I have my hands full with Villager and Ness already sorry 8'D
Wow gorls be gentle with @ Villyness Villyness y'all are scaring her.

Btw how was CW Ranbat on the weekend? :3
Well... everyone who usually knocks me out got knocked out earlier than I did so I got lucky I guess. That's the usual story whenever I get top 8 tbh. :\

I lost to a Rosalina after she demoralised me by grav pulling my bowling ball and killing me early. I wanted to go Ness but... y'know.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Wow gorls be gentle with @ Villyness Villyness y'all are scaring her.
^ What may end up happening. ;~;

Also, I decided to upload one of my Palutena matches. I feel like I'm super rusty with her, but I'll just have to ask y'all your thoughts on the matches. So hooray for reposting. :yeahboi:

(Which I will do when I've finished doing my Uni work for today and jump onto my own PC. :V)

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@ kenniky kenniky gorl have you even USED my Fairy Fountain data? :secretkpop: You can go there and see ha NAir and FAir have the mentioned KB differences.

Edit : I suppose maybe yew had if you actually knew the KB differences, I'll cut you a little slack gorl. IDK I think I've mentioned both of them before, but there are lots of gorls so no surprise not all people saw it.

I've also learnT Link cultisTs exist in this worldT too today :gaycat:

Also anyone hew doesn't know at all who The Lake is or worse, Cosmo! shall be banished to the shadow realm.
With nair, 6's and 4's look similar. I didn't actually realize there was a difference until I went into master core to look it up.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
They all say that, but is it really true?! TELL ME, THE REAL, HONEST TRUTH!

Also don't worry, I haven't mained Zelda either. I still have the will to avoid such.....dark temptations.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I have my hands full with Villager and Ness already sorry 8'D

Well... everyone who usually knocks me out got knocked out earlier than I did so I got lucky I guess. That's the usual story whenever I get top 8 tbh. :\

I lost to a Rosalina after she demoralised me by grav pulling my bowling ball and killing me early. I wanted to go Ness but... y'know.
Actually, Zelda has a good MU against Rosalina so now you have a good reason to main her :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I don't need Zelda to win against Rosalina. :p
Neither do I. :secretkpop:

Also, off topic. I've decided to upload the Palutena match. Here it is and some of my other matches I had against @HunterNinjaReaperPirate (which will be reposts. :V)

:4palutena: (Lucina's Waifu) v :4robinm:

:4feroy: v :4robinf:

:4lucina: v :4diddy:

:4shulk: v :4diddy:

And here's that one match I had against @ Macchiato Macchiato before when he went Rosalettuce. :3

Sorry for reposting this Macchiato. ;_;

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
SSF2 Zelda is better than the one we have now in 4 IMO. 3.6 is a goddess compared to 4, Jesus Christ. It hurts so much to play Sm4sh Zelda after playing 3.6, but it's not nearly as bad as switching from 3.6 Samus to Sm4sh Samus. That's almost vomit inducing.

And I mean, for a flash game, SSF2 is pretty good, don't ya say? My main reason for playing it is Black Mage. The anime characters are an odd choice, but I don't mind them. Black Mage is all I need to be happy with it.
I was actually have been playing SSF2 a lot recently and I agree with you. She a lot better than in 4, I mean in SSF2, she has a kill throw. Marth, Fox and Sora is so fun to play as too. I'm still holding out for Ganondorf.

However, the game itself is sorta clunky and lags a bit for me.

Furthermore, I'm still not used to controlling using the keyboard. :S

I can't play SSF2 it has all the animes
Gross part is that Naruto is ridiculously broken. I can't play the game knowing that. I prefer Super Smash Bros Crusade despite the presence of some anime characters but the roster is predominantly video game characters. Oh and Toad's in the game but he sucks **** imo

Also, I got a tournament to go to this Saturday. Gonna grind hard the day before. Shulke tiem

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
mfw people were trying to make Villyness drop Villager for trashy ash Zelda

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Congrats gorls, you managed to post an entire page while I was asleep. Its been a while since you've been able to do that.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
fujin beat like the number 2 ranked player on anther's ladder a while ago lmfao. fujin still repping the qorls even though he dropped zelda v.v

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Congrats gorls, you managed to post an entire page while I was asleep. Its been a while since you've been able to do that.
I remember when this place would move 5 pages over night.

Now it's a miracle if 2 pages happen, which it did today. And it only moved 2 pages because some new people popped up.

Oh well. I ain't complaining or anything, just remembering old times.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Gross part is that Naruto is ridiculously broken. I can't play the game knowing that. I prefer Super Smash Bros Crusade despite the presence of some anime characters but the roster is predominantly video game characters. Oh and Toad's in the game but he sucks **** imo
Except he's not...

I honestly don't really get the hate behind anime characters, they offer new and unique playstyles to the game. The concept behind Kaio-ken and Naruto's clone micromanagement is really interesting. Smash is just a game of hitboxes and hurtboxes, and the character layered on top is really only for visual appeal.

Plus Jump: Ultimate Stars sprites are orgasmic in quality

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
So our KYM page got over 3000 views. Pretty good for only the Zelda forum knowing its existence.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Even in Super Smash Flash MK is broken lol

I wouldn't mind anime characters much if it wasn't for the fact that they kinda go against the point of the series.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Isn't the point of the series supposed to be "let's make a platform-fighting game"?

Nintendo characters were only added in to boost sales.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Even in Super Smash Flash MK is broken lol

I wouldn't mind anime characters much if it wasn't for the fact that they kinda go against the point of the series.
This is my issue with them as well. They didn't start in nintendo games, at all. The point of the smash bros series is to be a nintendo fighter...so why are they here? It's weird and off putting and has shades of "10 year old on miiverse: add goku bcuz dragon ball is awesum!!!1!"

(Snake and sonic are the exceptions. Sonic has been on nintendo consoles, and Sega/Nintendo have had a good relationship with one another. Snake has also been on Nintendo consoles and wouldn't have even got in for starters if kojima hadn't asked sakurai directly.)

(Naruto/goku have also had games on nintendo consoles. but that whole had nothing to do with nintendo at first things rules them out. With the whole nintendo world of characters to go for why would you add anime characters? It makes no sense.)

EDIT: @ kenniky kenniky At the start yes, but after smash bros. took off you can't call smash bros anything other than a mascot fighter. People play smash bros to beat up other nintendo characters as their favourite nintendo character. It's a mascot fighter in peoples eyes and thats why thousands of people buy it.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
EDIT: @ kenniky kenniky At the start yes, but after smash bros. took off you can't call smash bros anything other than a mascot fighter. People play smash bros to beat up other nintendo characters as their favourite nintendo character. It's a mascot fighter in peoples eyes and thats why thousands of people buy it.
Yeah, Snake and Ryu are my favorite Nintendo characters.

Naruto, Ichigo, and Goku are mascots of Shonen Jump, are they not? Like how Sonic is the mascot of Sega, or PAC-MAN is the mascot of Bandai Namco. The anime characters have a whole slew of high-quality sprites and possible movesets. They don't detract anything from the game anyway.

This is like people complaining about Dark Pit and Lucina again.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I just had a match with like half a second of input lag what the

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
snake I explained above. He would not have been considered for smash if Kojima hadn't gone to sakurai directly and asked him. Ryu is an outlier I don't quite understand. but the things going for him is that he was the start of an very popular fighting game series that (I think) has been featured on nintendo consoles before.

Naruto, Ichigo, and Goku are mascots of Shonen Jump, are they not? Like how Sonic is the mascot of Sega, or PAC-MAN is the mascot of Bandai Namco. The anime characters have a whole slew of high-quality sprites and possible movesets. They don't detract anything from the game anyway.
Naruto, Ichigo and goku are Manga and Anime characters that only recieved video game adaption (I'm not even sure about ichigo) due to their popularity. Games that have been spread across multiple consoles as well I believe. Also they do detract from the game. In their place you could have had a myriad of nintendo characters with extremely diverse movesets. If sprites are all that matter you can easily scour the internet for nintendo characters with high quality sprites and moveset potential (Or create your own). The game created was a flash version of smash brothers, so why would they add characters with less history with Nintendo than snake?

It really isn't. Dark pit and Lucina are clones that are really close to their bases. Especially Dark Pit, if combining the Dark pit and Pit subforums didn't make their similarities clear. I love Dork pit more than pit, and I like Lucina much more than marth, but people complain because the only thing they bring is another character slot. That argument is really stupid.

People complain about the anime characters because they don't belong in the game anyway. Lucina being a popular nintendo character has many arguments for being a fighter in smash, clone or not. If the arguement for adding a character that has little to do with the company the mascot fighter is based on is "but moveset!" it's not a good character to add. In stead of those characters you could have added other nintendo characters with equally diverse and interesting movesets.

anywho, that's my rant on "Don't add anime characters to smash (fan)games" as I have way too much free time and no life. Thank you. :happysheep:

EDIT: this is the most words i have written about something that doesn't affect me because I don't play SSF and sakurai already said he wasn't adding anime characters to smash. D: what has become of me.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think I might end up dropping Lucas :c
Don't you dare jump on the Ebola Back Throw bandwagon. Play Pikachu instead. He's a lovable mouse that is advertised everywhere. Pikachu's like McDonald's; everywhere, tastes good, but isn't good for you. :p

Edit: Did I just imply Pikachu tastes good? ... Well, people do eat guinea pigs...

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I legitimately think that my Alph is better than my Wii Fit... Myabe it's because everyone I know has already played against my Wii Fit like 989884097398279832876832 times already and everyone just goes "wat is this, oh me is ded. oops" against Olimar/Alph.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
I legitimately think that my Alph is better than my Wii Fit... Myabe it's because everyone I know has already played against my Wii Fit like 989884097398279832876832 times already and everyone just goes "wat is this, oh me is ded. oops" against Olimar/Alph.
or maybe wft is a bad character : ( - also wft main

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
you gorls know about Lay's Do Us A Flavor event right?

So I wanted try them so I bought small bags each right? I really like Gyros and I was super interested into it and it tasted just like a Gyro. Now I'm like addicted to it and I know thats it's so unhealthy but I can't stop. Someone help me pls ;o;

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
you gorls know about Lay's Do Us A Flavor event right?

So I wanted try them so I bought small bags each right? I really like Gyros and I was super interested into it and it tasted just like a Gyro. Now I'm like addicted to it and I know thats it's so unhealthy but I can't stop. Someone help me pls ;o;
they're all trash

reuben tastes like cheese (but like really gross processed cheese)
gyro is literally the most disgusting chip i've ever eaten in my life
truffle fries taste like sour cream and onion, except they smell like fish and have a mushroom aftertaste
biscuits and gravy is the best out of the 4, but they're still really meh

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Except he's not...

I honestly don't really get the hate behind anime characters, they offer new and unique playstyles to the game. The concept behind Kaio-ken and Naruto's clone micromanagement is really interesting. Smash is just a game of hitboxes and hurtboxes, and the character layered on top is really only for visual appeal.

Stop. You're too smart. Why don't you want to falcon punch things to oblivion?

Except he's not...

Wait. There's a tier list for this game? OH, Naruto is S-tier. OK. Good to know

Also, I'm the same guy who's still shamelessly pissed over DPit being in the game so yeah (Edit: I still can't take anime in Smash seriously at all)

Last edited:
Top Bottom