• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Well yeah that's dumb of Red to try to catch a near 200 pounder now if you all excuse me I'm doing a trust exercise with my Mewtwo-OW DEAR GOD MY HIPS WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME SORA LTD

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
So Zelda's fair has two sourspot hitboxes, with knockback growth differences of 16. (80 vs 96). The kill percentages are 94% apart.

what

Well yeah that's dumb of Red to try to catch a near 200 pounder now if you all excuse me I'm doing a trust exercise with my Mewtwo-OW DEAR GOD MY HIPS WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME SORA LTD
But Mewtwo weighs less than Pikachu... :secretkpop:

Rizen

Smash Legend
(Time to do what I do :rolleyes:)
Zelda's recovery is tiers over Link's lol.
http://smashboards.com/threads/recovery-rankings.381244/
But Link's recovery is decent and has good mix ups. The only time Link should be getting gimped, aside from being dumb/good reads, is when he's launched at a low angle. Link should always pull a bomb after being launched sideways. He can recover high then FF airdodge>tether the ledge for intangibility until he under the stage. Boomerang, Fair and upB's hitbox protect Link pretty well. I rarely die from gimps.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So Zelda's fair has two sourspot hitboxes, with knockback growth differences of 16. (80 vs 96). The kill percentages are 94% apart.

what
The sour-spot only does 4% right? Yeah... that's probably going to mean a lot. You did Falco's KO percents too and you remember his Bair, right? There's only a difference of 30 knockback growth, 10 base knockback difference, and 6% of a difference, but the KO difference is 121%. Let's say the 80 KBG of Zelda's sour-spot Fair did 5%, that could bring the KO percent maybe even 20%. It's like how Falco's Dtilt 9% and 11% hitbox do the same knockback, but the 2% difference is a 35% KO percent difference. The formula's probably "exponential" - I'm very bad at math here.

Hmm... I wonder what would happen if Falco didn't have a sour-spot on his Bair... Eh... Never mind, that could make it really broken if done wrong which is a removal of his sour-spot and less total frames, so he could end up with DK Bair end lag with a smaller hitbox, but stronger. Yeah... Or he could end up with a 2 active frame move that doesn't have a safety net anymore, so he's screwed if he whiffs it. Still, I'm really curious... Well... They could do that, but make it so it does 12% instead. That should bring up the KO percent by at least 10% which wouldn't really matter as Falco would still people around 90% at the ledge. Hell, Falco's Uair only does 10%, but he can spam that **** all day like Captain Falcon and rack up a crapton of damage and then kill you with that same move... NERF FALCO'S BAIR BY 2%! REMOVE THE SOUR-SPOT AND MAKE IT SO FALCO CAN ACT AT FRAME 29! :p

Last edited:
Given all of Links tools, Link can bomb jump, meaning he can do Up special, thrn the bomb blows up helping him gain more air mobility AND THEN he can use Up special again. Not to mention Links tether recovery. Link can also make the Hyrule jump and can make it around Final destination, Lylat cruise, Battlefield and Smashville and can make it back. Zelda has a better vertical, but thats it. When shes done, shes done.

So yeah, :4link: beats :4zelda:s recovery.

:4link:>:4zelda:.

Gorl you need to do your homework XD

:link:
When I was screwing around with Link one day, I did this
Honestly, I would say it's more of a gimmicky (but SUPAH STYLISH) recovery. What happens if you drop the bomb? Death. What happens when Sheik drops the n-air (or b-air) bomb on you? Death.

As for Zelda, what happens if you drop the bomb? We don't have one, but if you're talking about Din's Fire jokes on you because we didn't want to recover anyway (why sakurai? ;~; )What happens when Sheik drops the n-air (or b-air) bomb on you? Nothing, because nobody goes Zelda against Sheik :p

Zelda> Link

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ Ffamran Ffamran what MUs would you say Falco wins?
None. Absolutely none. Not against Triple D, not Samus, not Lucina, not default Palutena, not Zelda, not Mii Swordfighter, and not even against himself which would end up having Falco lose and win at the same time, so it's a tie. :p

Some people think he wins against Olimar, Little Mac - stop, please, just stop, waiting at the ledge to throw him off at high level play would lead to you getting thrown off the ledge and gimped by Little Mac -, and er... Dr. Mario? I dunno. Besides stupid hitbox shenanigans on his recovery moves making them hilariously easy to challenge, Falco doesn't win MUs because he doesn't do anything oppressive. What's oppressive? Something like in Melee where he could follow his laser and occupy multiple parts of the screen when approaching you or something like Brawl: laser spam. For examples outside of Falco in previous games: Sonic's Spin Dash and Charge forcing you to react at the right time, Captain Falcon's ability to speed camp people, Luigi's punish game from grabs, Sheik's safety, or Shulk's range. Falco has none of that. It doesn't make him an "honest" character, but it really hurts him from a standpoint of MUs he could do better like say, against Shulk doesn't exist when he can't zone properly at all. Even Zelda and Samus with their lackluster projectiles are better because they have options and two of Zelda's includes Zelda being a projectile, Farore's Wind and kind of Nayru's Love. I mean, Duck Hunt's projectiles aren't good on their own, but combined, they're a force to be reckoned with. Falco has Blaster and a poorly functioning one. That's a very limited option with very low reward for high risk.

Anyway, the notable MUs that deserved to mention would be Diddy, Sheik, Captain Falcon, Sonic, and Fox. Even before patch 1.0.8, I thought Falco did fine against Diddy, but that was during the time of Fox and Falco's laser sucks, so Fox is low tier and Falco is bottom tier. Sheik's issue of killing and skill ceiling is what can break her in this MU. Played badly, Sheik's going to have to deal with a Lucario who starts off strong and hits faster. Played well, it's basically juggle time with our lovable blue pheasant. Captain Falcon's recovery is exploitable and since they like playing close up, it's basically a boxing game between the two with Captain Falcon being able to rush in while Falco's fast enough to hit before Captain Falcon - except for against his dash attack and Side Smash. Sonic has to deal with the fact Falco has access to two transcendent moves. He can't charge Spin Dash/Charge and wait when Falco can laser him to stop him and force him to charge again if he doesn't learn or punish a horribly telegraphed Spin Dash/Charge approach with Reflector. Going behind Falco which Spin Dash/Charge can force Sonic in is a bad idea. That's Falco's on-reaction, frame 4, 13% punish time where you will die at sub-100% if you're close to the ledge. In a way, it kind of forces a fight similar to Captain Falcon except there's the occasional standoff. Fox is, well, Fox. It's just Ryu vs. Ken or Mario vs. Luigi. It's kind of worse now because Fox's Blaster has lower end lag, but who's going to sit there until Fox gets you up to 999%? Optimistically, Falco goes like 50:50 with Fox, Captain Falcon, and maybe Diddy and 40:60 with Sheik and Sonic. Realistically, he's going to go at most 40:60 with them and Sheik probably at best 30:70 if played right. That's still pretty freaking good when other character struggle much worse against them.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
We were talking about Melee Zelda?

Well here's Zelda in a nutshell.

TFW you get the disrespect points but don't have any time to celebrate whatsoever smh

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ kenniky kenniky gorl have you even USED my Fairy Fountain data? :secretkpop: You can go there and see ha NAir and FAir have the mentioned KB differences.

Edit : I suppose maybe yew had if you actually knew the KB differences, I'll cut you a little slack gorl. IDK I think I've mentioned both of them before, but there are lots of gorls so no surprise not all people saw it.

I've also learnT Link cultisTs exist in this worldT too today :gaycat:

Also anyone hew doesn't know at all who The Lake is or worse, Cosmo! shall be banished to the shadow realm.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
That recently?
:secretkpop:

Real response, it's kind of like, no, I probably knew all along. But I just saw some if it here. :^)
If it matters, I don't mean you by that. You're a really cool link. :p

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
None. Absolutely none. Not against Triple D, not Samus, not Lucina, not default Palutena, not Zelda, not Mii Swordfighter, and not even against himself which would end up having Falco lose and win at the same time, so it's a tie. :p
He has a good matchup against the air, that's obviously why he prefers it.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
When you're playing Fake Melee 3.6 and Zelda can do different 40% combos with ease and use Din's effectively, and then you play SSF2 and she's good there too, and then you pop in Sm4sh and then :4zelda: and you feel like:

Sass Queen had so much potential, but Sakurai had to crush our dreams every single time for over a decade.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I can't play SSF2 it has all the animes and no Luig- ****, they're adding him! I can't run this joke into the ground! Curse you MCLEOD GAMING!

Real talk though, I wonder if either of those good Zeldas are fun to play against? PM 3.6 maybs, but SSF2 is one I'm not sure of given how they handle things sometimes...

Last edited:

Soul.

SSF2 is bad.
Okay.
It's not. Just clunky. Weeaboo characters ruin it for me though.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
SSF2 Zelda is better than the one we have now in 4 IMO. 3.6 is a goddess compared to 4, Jesus Christ. It hurts so much to play Sm4sh Zelda after playing 3.6, but it's not nearly as bad as switching from 3.6 Samus to Sm4sh Samus. That's almost vomit inducing.

And I mean, for a flash game, SSF2 is pretty good, don't ya say? My main reason for playing it is Black Mage. The anime characters are an odd choice, but I don't mind them. Black Mage is all I need to be happy with it.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I somehow thought SSF2 was abbreviated Super Street Fighter 2 at first and when I read about the anime complaints I was gonna joke about how T. Hawk is my favorite character from Love Hina

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Also anyone hew doesn't know at all who The Lake is or worse, Cosmo! shall be banished to the shadow realm.
Dang.....

Welp g'bye gorls, nice knowing you all.

Might as well start double posting on my way ouT.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
When you're playing Fake Melee 3.6 and Zelda can do different 40% combos with ease and use Din's effectively
Too bad everything else about her is trash in Project Cease and Desist
and her frames are laggy
and her properties are still bad cause tall and light

Rizen

Smash Legend
Why has SWF been so dead lately? I'm the only person viewing this thread right now. Other threads are dead too. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just vacced around my room and found a spider, quickly vacced it up. Going to dust around tomorrow.
Also, managed to beat the Dept Store Spook and Moonside. Now to get Teleport Alpha. :yeahboi:

Still dunno whether to post some of those Palutena matches I had. Since my Palutena was super rusty, plus I think three matches against me and Wolfie was enough. :c
What do you girls think?

Also, shall I repost the matches I uploaded yesterday? :3

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
My local smash Facebook always gives me a good laugh.

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
I dunno, I half expect to see well know players bar Dabuz on the Zelda boards of all places so I was kinda surprised ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I didn't hear a no. :^)
No ;-;

Don't be shy, it's always good to see new sheik mains
I'm not a Sheik main! 8'S

I just got linked here randomly by Cyber and all of sudden I'm in the depths of Hyrule trying to find my way back to Smashville. DX

Edit: Sorry about the double post. ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
No @ Villyness Villyness get out while you're still sane and maining a good character

Last edited:
Top Bottom