• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
lol macchiato that's cute. i go even with crow and slay in singles and seagull joe has told me im one of the best there is. booboo you played me about...4 months ago? mmhm yeah that's when i didnt even know how to qdrop so irrelevant. crow has even said im a top 5 peach so next to the puhlease~

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
hello all

I just wanted to point out that there are three posts in a row with the exact same like bars

asdf.png

that is all

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp, just uploaded those matches me and @HunterNinjaReaperPirate had onto YouTube. I felt like I did decent against him, was going to upload some of my Palutena matches against him, but I felt like they weren't that good. Since my Palutena is super rusty. ;~;

:4shulk: v :4diddy:

:4lucina: v :4diddy:

:4feroy: v :4robinf:

How did you think I did against you in those matches btw @HunterNinjaReaperPirate? :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I posted Arctic's Falcon video in their boards asking for someone to explain it. I only got 1 reply being this:
What goes on in the mind of Falcon mains said:
Ok..... don't hold on to the ledge like that? Usmash being falcon's slowest smash is not the most optimal way to punish that.
I then said how he was trying to avoid the fact that Falcon is a dysfunctional character and some other things. :rolleyes:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I see that this place was blessed with a visit by the :wolf: god.

He speaks the truth, and judging by the likes, most of you agree.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I legit thought I was in the Sheik social for a good 15 posts. So mad lol.
I like this place. The social thread I'm from is all gloom, doom, and angry-ness. Here though people still have fun and make light of their character being not exactly viable in the competitive 1v1 metagame, like I do with mine. If I played Zelda this could be my ideal place...
I know how you feel. I stopped following the Mewtwo social for similar reasons. Couldn't handle all the constant arguments and negativity there :'(
Welcome to the Zelda social!

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Stale metagame is stale.
This is why I want to try and do something more unique and interesting. Kinda like how I'm going that obscure one I mentioned before:

Regirock, Parasect/Amoonguss, Bronzong, Mega Camerupt, Gastrodon and some other slow Pokemon. :V

But yeah, VGC 13 and VGC 14 had tons of variety. Now VGC 15 was just awful. Looked rather boring and dull.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
mfw macchiato isn't responding

btw gurlz if you wondered i also do main zelda. i go even with good players sometime with her v.v

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
mfw macchiato isn't responding

btw gurlz if you wondered i also do main zelda. i go even with good players sometime with her v.v
Oh I didn't see it. It's just that I see the other players having more exposure. I never said you were bad in the first place, I just said that I think that your not as good as slay and lloD, etc. I mean I'd play you sometime if your up to it.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So what is everyone's favorite Pokémon? Mine is Gastrodon probably because I do multi battles often with internet friends and this is the salt created from just 1 battle. :secretkpop:
And best of all...

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So what is everyone's favorite Pokémon? Mine is Gastrodon probably because I do multi battles often with internet friends and this is the salt created from just 1 battle. :secretkpop:
And best of all...
My fav Pokemon will forever be Torchic. They're my lovable little cuddle chickens and i love them. Sableye also takes 2nd place :happysheep:
After that my favs are hard to decide. I love :drifloon: because of the emotes :dr^_^:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
because grass type moves don't exist :^)
That Starmie used some move to change its type, so it was Flying/Fairy. And Gastrodon was so tanky Solar Beam couldn't take out even half of its health.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Yeah Gen 6's metagame is somewhat hampered by the numerous gamebreakers.

My favorite pokemon is Femtwo and my close second favorite pokemon is Mantwo.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Honestly the main reason I keep playing this game is because Greninja is my fav.

Still hoping for him to show up in Pokkén but I'd be perfectly fine if he didn't.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Oh I didn't see it. It's just that I see the other players having more exposure. I never said you were bad in the first place, I just said that I think that your not as good as slay and lloD, etc. I mean I'd play you sometime if your up to it.
slay crow and even boscotty have said im better than llod. boo he's good but that techskill makes me cry v.v

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
My fav pokemon is definitely Muk. I have a video somewhere of me vs AceStarThe3rd (I didn't even know he was a youtuber then, lol) of me flinching his Hippowdon 4 times in a row with gunk shot, off of a 5% chance due to stench ability. I also got critical hits twice and got the poison, and didn't miss any of them even though 70% accurate. Literally about a 0.000001% chance of that happening, and the salt was so bad he had no words. That will always be my favorite moment of competitive pokemon, and Muk was the star.

Then me and Ace both switched to smash bros. Great minds think alike?

Edit: found the video. God this was hilarious. and don't ask why my username was barrels. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou8166948

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
That Starmie used some move to change its type, so it was Flying/Fairy. And Gastrodon was so tanky Solar Beam couldn't take out even half of its health.
Reflect Type is lol.

Even from the Pokemon with the lowest special attack (Feebas, Bonsly, and Shuckle are all tied with 10 base Special Attack), Solarbeam 3HKOs and Giga Drain 5HKOs (with max investment) against max Special Defense Gastrodon. So anything with a decent Special Attack stat should be able to murder Gastrodon with any grass type moves (or just use physical moves). Max Attack Happiny can 4HKO max Defense Gastro with leaf blade lol.

Last edited:

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
My favorite Pokemon shall always be Totodile <3 I pretty much came late to playing Pokemon since my first Pokemon game was Pokemon Heart Gold....but then I decided to play Pokemon Red, Pokemon Platinum (Which I love that game and Heart Gold) plus Pokemon Emerald and so on.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I feel like I should at least try and get my team all together and done with. But I'm just too LAZY to even try. :V

Since I got half of it done, just can't be bothered to raise a Quiet Nature Numel with HP Ice or get a Storm Drain Gastrodon. Plus missing that sixth one too.

Reflect Type is lol.
Funny that I was actually considering using it on Mega Latias one time for a VGC Team, but someone said no and advised me to give it either Protect or Calm Mind. :V

So I pretty much got one sort of generic VGC Team, one kind of unique team?, and that one that I think I'm never going to finish. :V

#1: Talonflame, Latias (Mega), Tyranitar, Excadrill, Amoonguss, Milotic.
#2: Talonflame, Tornadus-I, Landorus-T, Mawile (Mega), Slowbro, Sylveon
#3: Regirock, Parasect, Bronzong, Camerupt (Mega), Gastrodon.

Btw, did anyone see those matches I had against Wolfie?
Since I feel like I can improve from those matches, since I did some rather stupid stuff. And that I would've shown my Palutena, but it was pretty rusty and pretty beh. D:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Here I'll post my stupid OU team that a friend of mine helped me build.

- Kyurem-B, Megallade, Mew, Slowbro, Mamoswine

I'd post movesets but I'm lazy.

Additionally I was discussing free ass MUs with some friends today and I decided that the one I've played the most in this category is :4mario: vs. :4mewtwo:. Such a sad MU.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Mewtwo in general has some pretty sad MUs. Greninja is not pleasant for him either.
I think Mario is just terrible because there's literally a flowchart I can apply and it doesn't require a lot of thought.

Option Tree Begin: Dair, Bair, emptyjump
Mewtwo tries to punish: Fadeback with Air speed, grab.
Shield: Crossup Dair, fadeaway if use Bair

Repeat and apply pressure minutely and of course hit him with USmash or anything else really. Kind of....sad. A lot of it stems from his OoS options being remarkably poor for a light, tall, floaty character.

Last edited:

Soul.

I was trying out Mario the other day.
He's, I don't know... smooth to play is the correct word?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I dunno whether to have a few matches, or to just play some more EarthBound. :V

If anyone wants to have some matches, I got a room open.
Might wanna practice some Palutena again.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I was trying out Mario the other day.
He's, I don't know... smooth to play is the correct word?
I won't beat around the bush. He's easy, intuitive, and efficient, at all levels of play. He only loses the "easy" part when you hit the tip top POTENTIALLY, but I'm unsure.

He's really smooth to use though, I think it's cause they finally stopped trying to make him a "Jack of all trades" and decided that he should be an up close aggressive brawler with good speed to compensate for his low range.

It only took them 4 games to realize a "balanced" char with stubby limbs isn't going to work.

Speaking of Kakyoin, trying to play Mewtwo against Mario or any other like, top char is like Kakyoin vs. Dio. Go check that out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom