• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Big hero six was cute.

2/9 somewhat important characters were developed at all, yet somehow it was still a fun movie to watch. Wanted more science tho. That was the best part.

but Stan Lee was hype AF

Soul.

so i go to the competitive boards and see "the future of smash 4 is crew battles"
huh.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Big hero six was cute.

2/9 somewhat important characters were developed at all, yet somehow it was still a fun movie to watch. Wanted more science tho. That was the best part.

but Stan Lee was hype AF
I kinda wish Big Hero 6 got its own TV show, being a superhero story makes it pretty easy to come up with plots and it would be great to develop everyone that isn't Hiro and Baymax.

I mean it worked well for How To Train Your Dragon.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Was just playing with friends.
1 of them started spamming, so I as Wii Fit and another friend as Mario spammed endless Sun Salutations and fireballs to keep him trapped between us as punishment.
I saved the replay. :happysheep:

Also I landed Mii Gunner's Dair meteor smash for the first time. Woop de doo.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
@MOI-ARI and I have been doing doubles for the past few hours, and our opposing team just left us. If anyone would like to join, let one of us know.
They won two matches, we won the rest. I feel bad.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
What game was Zelda at her strongest?

I think it was brawl.
She was best in Brawl, but I think she gets slight benefits from the lack of edge hogging in this game, meaning her offstage game is slightly better. Also, Phantom fills in a move for solo Zelda mains. However, they nerfed her for no reason, notably with lightning kick's extreme lag.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Big hero six was cute.

but Stan Lee was hype AF
i cried when Tadashi dies

also omg what do i even do vs zero skill samus dash grab, like, ok, I'm playing on wifi and I can't not get grabbed but I think the same would happen offline

GOOD PLAYERS HELP

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

also omg what do i even do vs zero skill samus dash grab, like, ok, I'm playing on wifi and I can't not get grabbed but I think the same would happen offline

GOOD PLAYERS HELP
Have a better reaction time, jump if your character is good (low jump squat), or forward roll so you can punish well. Or shoot a projectile to break the grab.

When his hat came off I knew it was going to happen. And I was le sad. Was eating dinner, so no tears, but I'd probably tear up at a movie theater.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Have a better reaction time, jump if your character is good (low jump squat), or forward roll so you can punish well. Or shoot a projectile to break the grab.

When his hat came off I knew it was going to happen. And I was le sad. Was eating dinner, so no tears, but I'd probably tear up at a movie theater.
I play Bowser so I have a **** forward roll and literally an 8 frame jumpsquat.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

GOOD PLAYERS HELP
Be in the air. You can't get grabbed there.
And if you start saying you get comboed in the air because that's what ZSS does then that's a new problem, I'm just trying to solve the grabbing problem.

Or you could always SD. That works in every situation.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I play Bowser so I have a **** forward roll and literally an 8 frame jumpsquat.
Ftilt or dtilt could work to try and get her if she's poorly spaced. They have good range (and jab?). Maybe down-B?

Otherwise, that's just bowser problems. My local bowser (he's kinda bad) played against the local ZSS (who's good) and it was ugly because he kept getting grabbed. So...... Microbots maybe?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Pretty much. The whole idea behind Zero Skill Samus is:

>Neutral B

My options are: Shield, Power Shield, Roll Away

Power Shield is probably my best option here, but that's not realistic to ask for. Rolling away seems like a good idea but then she'll just press B again.

>Dash Grab, regardless of if the B hits

My options are: Jump, Roll towards, Roll away, Spotdodge

Ideally spotdodge is the best option but doing that on reaction is hard and there's no guarantee that I'll avoid it anyway. Roll away gets you grabbed anyway. Jumping as Bowser is just bad as an option in general. I'd like to jab or something OoS but I think it's too slow and doesn't outrange her grab.

I know it's Bowser problems but I don't want to just blame everything on my character.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Pretty much. The whole idea behind Zero Skill Samus is:

>Neutral B

My options are: Shield, Power Shield, Roll Away

Power Shield is probably my best option here, but that's not realistic to ask for. Rolling away seems like a good idea but then she'll just press B again.

>Dash Grab, regardless of if the B hits

My options are: Jump, Roll towards, Roll away, Spotdodge

Ideally spotdodge is the best option but doing that on reaction is hard and there's no guarantee that I'll avoid it anyway. Roll away gets you grabbed anyway. Jumping as Bowser is just bad as an option in general. I'd like to jab or something OoS but I think it's too slow and doesn't outrange her grab.

I know it's Bowser problems but I don't want to just blame everything on my character.
Clash with paralyzer? Does grounded fortress rebound, because that might be a better frame advantage than shielding.

You could try up-B OoS after the paralyzer, but risk reward is meh. Spot dodge is iffy because her grab hitbox lasts for like... 15 frames or something ridiculous. Roll towards could net you a drop kick though. ZSS kinda loses to forward rolls, but your rolls are bad.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Clashing with Paralyzer gets me grabbed 100% of the time unless I use dtilt to clash with it but that's risky because it's a frame 14 move.

Roll towards seems like the most reliable option and it does net me dropkicks but it still sucks.

I tried playing Charizard into that matchup last regional but I got destroyed, so idek what to do at this point...

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Clashing with Paralyzer gets me grabbed 100% of the time unless I use dtilt to clash with it but that's risky because it's a frame 14 move.

Roll towards seems like the most reliable option and it does net me dropkicks but it still sucks.

I tried playing Charizard into that matchup last regional but I got destroyed, so idek what to do at this point...
You went with charizard?
Sorry, I like to dispose of trash rather than play with it.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Idk. At max range, run away. Close/mid range, she has less of a frame advantage on your shield.

Idk. Sorry aero. I play f4 jumpsquat polio with a f7 projectile that can outspam zero skill spamus.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I find furries very strange but everyone has their kinks so whatever. As long as it's not taken too far.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just relaxed a little bit today, and I had no idea Tagg (thatguytagg) played Smash. (Saw him use Falcon and G&W) But he mostly plays shooters like TF2, Counter Strike.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
i dont know if a goodnight's sleep has helped me
whatever
good morning everybody

edit
haha NOPE I AM NOT OKAY
A HOT FURRY HUSKYMAN HAS ENSNARED MY HEART