• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Smash is starting to lose its appeal on me. For Glory simply isn't fun anymore and fighting CPU's only gets so repetitive. For Fun is the only gamemode where I don't feel like I'm made of NaCl.

On the plus side, I'm starting to get to play other games that I was always ignoring because of Smash. The beats in Nintendo Land are fresh.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Tier-lists always make me :c

Hopefully IceNinja keeps getting Top 8 at nationals so Palutena can at least stop being put in the bottom 5 so often.

also macchi why is peach 5th on your list there are like several characters that deserve that spot more

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Tier-lists always make me :c

Hopefully IceNinja keeps getting Top 8 at nationals so Palutena can at least stop being put in the bottom 5 so often.

also macchi why is peach 5th on your list there are like several characters that deserve that spot more
there are like several characters that deserve that spot more
several characters that deserve that spot more

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I now have a file for Ghirahim Gifs for every situation. Now I need some Wii Fit Trainer gifs.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes

Fox, Sonic, Luigi, Ness...

They all deserve it more, IMO. People actually play them so they show up more often than literally never and their results are pretty good. I might agree with Peach in 5th place if people start using her and she starts dominating something.

I don't think Peach is top 10 material, then again imo. I mean, she's definitely a good character but she's not that good

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I don't think Peach is top 10 material, then again imo. I mean, she's definitely a good character but she's not that good
I personally think she has tools for every situation. She's a character with amazing damage output, great range, good frame data, many movement and mixups, and great kill power.

She can compete with the top tiers. Her match ups against them aren't bad. Take this video as an example.

Last edited:

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I think Peach is certainly at least top 20, but her nonexistent results are holding her back. She is very good, but nobody has shown her potential. People don't use her because she has a higher skill cap/less safe options than high tiers.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
They're all good, but they haven't won anything major.
They've all beaten major players though and get top 8 at their locals, BUT they're locals are filled with top players and are always packed. Slayerz beat players like zan, richbrown, zenyou, void, etc. lloD beat boss and some others I forgot.

Soul.

Eh. She's alright, but I wouldn't say she's top 5 or anything. Top 20 is more or less correct. Float, mixups and combos are cool but does that high learning curve pay off?
Then again I know nothing about Peach and **** so idk

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I think characters like :4peach:, :4yoshi:and :4shulk:are excellent characters on paper and can definitely be near the top end of the tier list; however, the game is still relatively fresh and these characters are not being used to their full potential. They have some good rep but none of their players get anything extraordinary results which hold their metagame development back. I most definitely cannot say Peach is top 10 right now despite that being my gut instinct months ago. It's only a matter of time whether or not these characters will get better or never find their true potential.

There's also the reverse case where the player(s) themselves is making the character look better than they really are. IMO This includes :4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
tfw lucas is literal tr4sh but is still higher than zss, sonic, villager, mario, etc.

edit: i haven't gotten a page steal in a while. i dedicate this page to lucas being bad and having what is probably the worst grab in the game
bowser jr, zelda, samus

but yeah lucas is trash lol

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I'm not understanding why Lucas is suddenly so bad. His grab is bad, and he has a little trouble killing but that's it. Zair is a great poking/spacing tool and really fast. Jab and Dtilt and Ftilt are also ridiculously fast, good disrupting attacks and good Get off me attacks (ftilt slightly less so). Nair comboes into most anything, Fair is fast and a kill move. Uair has a small hitbox, but does ridiculous knockback. Bair is also a stong move, plus it spikes. Really easily. Dair isn't that good but it has it's uses, and Utilt leads into it'self multiple times for good damage and also leads into Nair. Dsmash and Fsmash are both really good. Dsmash especially. It's fast and hits behind Lucas when it looks like it doesn't. Fsmash reflects things, and Usmash may be slow, but it's powerful. One good read and that persons dead. He might not be able to grab that well., but landing one almost always rewards well.

Lucas's damage output might be a little low, but he can rack it up extremely quickly. Nair is a really good move you guys.

Pkfire is really good spacing tool. Magnet hits people who try to rush in when you use it and creates a barrier front and behind. Pk thunder is easier to control and shoots lucas a ridiculous distance. Freeze is a good pressure tool and good at edge guarding. You can Freeze into most aerials at lower percents if you land it.

Lucas is not top tier, I won't dispute that. But lower tier, I can't see it. Someone with a good mobility, good recovery, a amazing way to rack on damage and a good at spacing set, even with lackluster kill potential and a bad grab isn't low tier. He's low mid at the worst, high mid at best.

/rant over.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Not entirely familliar with what Ganon gets off a grab tbh. But at least Lucas has speed! :secretkpop:

EDIT: I just got the biggest sense of De ja vu...

Last edited:

Soul.

Out of all the DLC characters, Lucas is the one that gets the bad rep. Roy is honestly pretty overrated, and Ryu is pure theorycraft. For what it's worth, he's better than Brawl, if only for not having grab release BS anymore.
edit: forgot Mewtwo, but you know, it's Mewtwo.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Not entirely familliar with what Ganon gets off a grab tbh. But at least Lucas has speed! :secretkpop:

EDIT: I just got the biggest sense of De ja vu...

Ganon can Dthrow>Uair/Fair at lower %s or Fthrow for 12%. His grab game is pretty bad.
Yeah, but punching your enemies square in the gut 10/10 mang :seuss:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Tested some counterpick stages with my bro. Trying to see which stages are the jankiest of them all tbh :^)

Pilotwings is SO DAMN STUPID with the tilting and large stage area in general, but the body of the planes can lead to so many cool and fun tech opportunities. But this stage IMO is not legal worthy.

I did Wuhu again and I didn't remember that it was pretty damn jank. Extremely large moving platform at times which can make the game turn super lame, and some transformations are weird as heck. But I still think it's a bit better than Delfino, mostly because no low ceiling shenanigans.

KJungle has a high-ish ceiling unless I am mistaken. Just that the platforms can help lead to easy kills. It's a little wonky with the base platform too. This... might not be tourney viable after all. :^(

Castle Siege is still dumb.

Skyloft's main problem IMO is that there's just too many areas to just hide and run away, even on the moving platform. It's so advantageous for people who can time out that I don't consider it fair. Transformations are arguably worse than Wuhu or Delfino too.

Gonna try Norfair, Mario Circuit and PKMN2 next probably. Too bad Woolly World is banned because it's honestly the most fun new stage IMO but it's way too big to be considered tourney legal ; w ;

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm actually playing Brawl again. I obviously suck at it.

But I still think character models in Brawl look a LOT better than the Sm4sh Wii U ones. Like :4palutena: and :4bowserjr:look a lot better in Brawl and they were just trophies and not playable characters! Whyyyyyyyy??????? Other examples are :4tlink: has hair that looks like hair and you can see individual strands in Brawl. Sm4sh looks like he has neon yellow plastic where his hair should be. :4mario::4luigi::4wario: just have more curves making them look more normal in Brawl. Sm4sh gives them squares everywhere. Square legs, square nose, square butt they look like blocky models from a GameCube game. The only characters that look better in Sm4sh than in Brawl are :4pit::4mewtwo::4villager::4littlemac:, and 3 of those characters weren't playable in Brawl.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I'm actually playing Brawl again. I obviously suck at it.

But I still think character models in Brawl look a LOT better than the Sm4sh Wii U ones. Like :4palutena: and :4bowserjr:look a lot better in Brawl and they were just trophies and not playable characters! Whyyyyyyyy??????? Other examples are :4tlink: has hair that looks like hair and you can see individual strands in Brawl. Sm4sh looks like he has neon yellow plastic where his hair should be. :4mario::4luigi::4wario: just have more curves making them look more normal in Brawl. Sm4sh gives them squares everywhere. Square legs, square nose, square butt they look like blocky models from a GameCube game. The only characters that look better in Sm4sh than in Brawl are :4pit::4mewtwo::4villager::4littlemac:, and 3 of those characters weren't playable in Brawl.
I remember when I tried Brawl after 3 years of not touching it I looked at :metaknight:and :pit: and just

absolutely disgusting.gif

And :4tlink: kinda shows a bit more "toon" to him compared to :toonlink: which tried to make him realistic and not cartoon-y :ohwell:

Soul.

Smash 3DS looks better than Brawl.
For real though, Smash 4 Pikachu looks better than its counterparts imo

Top Bottom