• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I should get to the lab too and work on my Roy and Shulk.

Since those matches I had with @ FullMoon FullMoon . I'm now losing faith in Bowser. :c (He literally made him into Turtle Soup. Are you secretly working for Master Shredder?)

I'll definitely work to improve my Zelda, Shulk and Roy. And possibly my Lucina too. Since I started off great against his Frog (Got him to 88%), then it just went downward from there for me.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I've lost all reasons to care about Lucina. Roy is more fun, and he's hotter too. The only issue is I'm worse with him than Ike.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght I played around with customs for Ike when trying to get all his special moves. Several see like strait upgrades like the aether that moves forward too*. What are your thoughts about ike's customs? What's your preferred set?

*except when it trapped me under Lylat. Damn Lylat.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I should get to the lab too and work on my Roy and Shulk.

Since those matches I had with @ FullMoon FullMoon . I'm now losing faith in Bowser. :c (He literally made him into Turtle Soup. Are you secretly working for Master Shredder?)

I'll definitely work to improve my Zelda, Shulk and Roy. And possibly my Lucina too. Since I started off great against his Frog (Got him to 88%), then it just went downward from there for me.
To be fair using a combo food character against one of the most combo heavy characters is probably not a good idea lol.

The thing I noticed the most about your Zelda is that you don't go for the elevator very often. I think you only did it once on me and that was the match I lost lol.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
To be fair using a combo food character against one of the most combo heavy characters is probably not a good idea lol.

The thing I noticed the most about your Zelda is that you don't go for the elevator very often. I think you only did it once on me and that was the match I lost lol.
Well, it was because I was getting worried that you'd go and punish me for it, since its very unsafe on block. Plus, I thought that you'd land into a raw USmash. :V But other than that, I think I was playing far too safe. And that Frog. Oh boy, I need to learn how to deal with him and Sheik.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I actually do still play Lucina very rarely, when I'm messing around. Pulled her out in a tournament set, but it felt really strange. Her air speed is bad, and it makes her feel not so fluid. Ended up playing a lot of Ike though.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght I played around with customs for Ike when trying to get all his special moves. Several see like strait upgrades like the aether that moves forward too*. What are your thoughts about ike's customs? What's your preferred set?

*except when it trapped me under Lylat. Damn Lylat.
I've never tried any customs for Ike, I don't know if I have any unlocked tbh. I just don't care about customs personally, anyone else can use them, but I don't.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Well, it was because I was getting worried that you'd go and punish me for it, since its very unsafe on block. Plus, I thought that you'd land into a raw USmash. :V But other than that, I think I was playing far too safe. And that Frog. Oh boy, I need to learn how to deal with him and Sheik.
Farore is probably the thing I fear the most when I fight a Zelda, seeing you not make much use of it made me feel a lot less worried about attacking your shield and then I got caught offguard by it =V

But if anything those matches served as very good confirmation that Hydro Pump is still one of the most lulzy moves in the game.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Farore is probably the thing I fear the most when I fight a Zelda, seeing you not make much use of it made me feel a lot less worried about attacking your shield and then I got caught offguard by it =V

But if anything those matches served as very good confirmation that Hydro Pump is still one of the most lulzy moves in the game.

I just love that the claw smacks Greninja at the end as if disciplining him.

So since you fear the Wind... Maybe I should use it more often... But then @ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 will punish me for using it too much. :secretkpop:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Funny that I also do sub him. But I doubt I'll be good with him, but who knows. Practice makes perfect... until I get wrecked by your Zelda and @ FullMoon FullMoon 's Greninja with him. :yeahboi:
It's never about being good with Ganon

It's about learning some of the finer details of the cast; how long is everyone's tech roll, what is their get-up attack, does it front then back, or vice versa or hit together etc (which is incredibly important information to know as Ganon & will be more important to know the better you get at the game). Not to mention building up your fundamentals as a player like spacing, learning to power shield everything (one reason why J.Miller, probably the best player in the UK, is probably the best player in the UK) & improving your reading skills

And most importantly

Building up your disrespect skillz

=3

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

It's about learning some of the finer details of the cast; how long is everyone's tech roll, what is their get-up attack, does it front then back, or vice versa or hit together etc (which is incredibly important information to know as Ganon & will be more important to know the better you get at the game). Not to mention building up your fundamentals as a player like spacing, learning to power shield everything (one reason why J.Miller, probably the best player in the UK, is probably the best player in the UK) & improving your reading skills.
True that. But those won't be necessary.

THIS WILL THOUGH. :yeahboi:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

It's about learning some of the finer details of the cast; how long is everyone's tech roll, what is their get-up attack, does it front then back, or vice versa or hit together etc (which is incredibly important information to know as Ganon & will be more important to know the better you get at the game). Not to mention building up your fundamentals as a player like spacing, learning to power shield everything (one reason why J.Miller, probably the best player in the UK, is probably the best player in the UK) & improving your reading skills

And most importantly

=3
Ganondorf is indeed the true punish character. He can't combo at all but relies on reads and momentum to seal the win. Ganondorf needs perfect spacing and be able to perfect shield a whole ton because lol he can't approach for his goddamn life. I think I'm going to take a break from ZSS and Zelda to play this character now to revisit my fundamentals after that disastrous run in the anime convention tourney.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Gurl it's been forever. We have to play just like the good ol' days.

Still rocking Zelda, Fox and Shiek from what I've heard :p What about Lucario?

btw gurl you gotta gimme ur skype ;-;
I'm still kinda using Lucario. He's so different now, and also disliked more, lol. I prefer Brawl Lucario. :ohwell:

I've also picked up Wii Fit and Roy.

And we should play sometime! I can't add you anywhere right now though since I'm not at my house (Skype mobile doesn't exist, ok).

And most importantly

=3
Speaking of tech rolls, Zelda's seems like...reaaaally long and fast. If she can roll in that dress, why can't she run fast?

This is proof that our Queen only tries when she's being sassy and stylish.:secretkpop:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Zelda's huge rolls have been like her only redeeming factor in all of the games she's been in. Even then, she was (and still is) trash lol

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

And most importantly

=3
Playing against a Ganon also helps you learn some of your own character's traits. For example, I now know that Shulk's getup attack is really slow and doesn't do enough damage to go through the super armor on Warlock Punch.

>_>

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm still kinda using Lucario. He's so different now, and also disliked more, lol. I prefer Brawl Lucario. :ohwell:

I've also picked up Wii Fit and Roy.

And we should play sometime! I can't add you anywhere right now though since I'm not at my house (Skype mobile doesn't exist, ok).

Speaking of tech rolls, Zelda's seems like...reaaaally long and fast. If she can roll in that dress, why can't she run fast?

This is proof that our Queen only tries when she's being sassy and stylish.:secretkpop:
Yea Zelda's tech roll is absolutely fantastic. I vaguely remember the Ganons did a list of possible follow ups from a Flame Choke but it also had how long each character's tech roll was (just vague short, medium, long mind). Gonna see if I can find it =/

Playing against a Ganon also helps you learn some of your own character's traits. For example, I now know that Shulk's getup attack is really slow and doesn't do enough damage to go through the super armor on Warlock Punch.

>_>
I don't think anything can break through Ganon's super armour tbh (outside a grab lol)

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I don't think anything can break through Ganon's super armour tbh (outside a grab lol)
the fact still remains that Shulk's getup attack has terrible FAF (like the rest of his moves)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Zelda's huge rolls have been like her only redeeming factor in all of the games she's been in. Even then, she was (and still is) trash lol
Is her roll still considered good now? I know it was really good back in Melee compared to everyone else.

I'm actually really curious about the rest of the cast's dodge data now...and if Zelda's roll was changed from Brawl.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Top Bottom