• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Latte

Smash Ace
Obviously, Zelda wins because she has a trash reflector with over half a second of end lag. Villager definitely can't pocket the reflected projectiles or anything like that.

Here's my list of MUs that Zelda loses: :4sheik::4zss:

Zelda is high tier. Wii Fit is the new MK.

Coffee <3
I fixed it for you

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
"Mewtwo beats Villager and Rosalina"

DEAD
There was a kid who believed Mr. Game & Watch went 55:45 Falco and then after other people started talking about how the MU would go, believed it was 70:30. Both posts were vague as hell. Considering that Falco doesn't win any MU, probably true. :awesome:

Anyway on a more serious note, bear in mind the Mewtwo in question comes from a state without a good Rosalina or Villager. WI might be a "weak state" for Smash (4). Rarely do I hear about WI during E2C's streams; it's all about IL and MI with WI only being mentioned because Akiro, the Sheik player moved there for some reason; Akiro used to live in IL. Melee and PM are different with Melee being WI's focus. Hell, the stream for WI is called MeleeMilwaukee. WI is also home to Zylach, so hey, at least WI has a notable Zelda player.

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
I come back to find Latte is a dismembered penis

ok
I was literally waiting for this.

Tbh I like the boar pic more than this mushroom one, but I haven't changed my avie in awhile, so I kind of feel obligated to change it.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Who the **** wakes up at 7:30am on a Sunday gurl you must be drunk smh

I wish I could but all I do is BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE IN THE UNITED STATES

View attachment 62499
Gorl, it wasn't my choice. I was at my father's house and we had to meet up with my mother so I could get ready and change into my work clothes. And then I had to work for 8 hours.

Sleep deprivation = drunkeness, apparently

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Gorl, it wasn't my choice. I was at my father's house and we had to meet up with my mother so I could get ready and change into my work clothes. And then I had to work for 8 hours.

Sleep deprivation = drunkeness, apparently
That sucks gurl soz =(

Yea they are the same when you type **** out it just has that effect y'know

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Okay I'll be here trying to clear that **** challenge to do 9.0 without losing a life I guess

Someone save me
A few tips (Assuming you have the wii u version):
Use a character you're good with. I used Link of course. Or characters with counters are good because they make Master Core much easier.
The right equipment makes this much easier. I've found speed isn't important but attack and defense are. Auto healer is a great ability for the master core fight but in general raising stats is better than getting equipment abilities.

On the first 5 stages take out your rival early. Choose battles with few opponents; this makes you less likely to get in a team battle. Difficulty 9 teammates are worthless. Going for powerful items like pokeballs, assist trophies and 3 part weapons is important as those can kill you easily in the enemy's hands.

On the multi man fight, dash attack kills miis easily. They have weird resistance/weakness. Another good strategy is stand on a lower BF pass-through platform near the middle and Usmash when a mii jumps at you. The miis can't block, use special moves or pick up items.

Hands fight: Attack Master hand, he has annoying ways to gimp you off the left side with wind if you attack crazy hand. Kill them quickly but dodge attacks, especially grabs. This is the most dangerous but quickest part of the fight.
Giant form:
You can dodge attacks like the blue exploding energy balls and pink grabbing balls by running offstage and quickly grabbing the ledge. As with all forms, kill it quickly; a good offense is the best defense.
Beast form:
Roll dodge away when you see it readying an attack. This has the best chance of avoiding damage. Lv9 core is much faster than even a lv 8.5 core so find quick but strong attacks. It can 1 hit break shields so dodge instead. Counters are especially good here.
Swords form:
If you have a 2 hit Dsmash where only 1 hit is intended to hit, charge it at the start in the middle of the stage. Both hits will connect and this often is the best damage. The swords base their attacks on your last position so jumping height for aerials can make them attack high up so you can land safely. Roll dodge when each sword during the 5 hit surround assault; the last strongest hit delays slightly longer.
Clone form: These are strong but stupid. Range attack spam can cheese them hard. Don't commit to risky actions. IIRC these can't shield.

Fortress:
First go right and down. Stalfos (Ocarina of Time skeletons) can block so grabs are the best tool vs them. The flowers have minor flinch resistance but strong enough attacks interrupt them. Do not let any flower live since they will snipe you. Avoid the yellow lava at all costs. If you do get hit press shield to tech a wall so not to get pinball-ed. Kill the big pulsing core.
2nd go back the way you came and then up to the right. Grab Stalfos if you need or jump and air dodge to sneak past them. Kill all flowers you come across. The cores will get slightly more health as you kill more of them. After you damage the 2nd core a bit a new wave of enemies will spawn so kill it fast or take out the new flowers.
3rd you'll be shot out of the fortress. Get the heart container if you haven't already. Go up right all the way to the far end of the fortress and be ready for enemies to spawn. Shoot the core if you can from the ledge left of it and take out the flaming shadow enemies so they don't get in your way.
4th back track left and drop down the center. Only take out bugs if they're in your way but do destroy the flowers and throw stalfos. When you reach the final big chamber kill the bottom left flower and stallfos then jump up to the right and kill the flower on the ledge. Killing the shadow flames is probably for the best too. Hit the core a few times then kill the next flower that spawns on the center platform and more shadow flames. Finally destroy the core, it has more health than the previous 3.
Lastly destroy the core on FD. Congrats, you're done :)

Good luck.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I actually played a really good Megaman in For Glory today. He did all the combos, Z-Drops and other Megaman stuff (I didn't know Up-Air -> B-Air was a thing until today).

He took 3 games out of me, I kinda had to relearn the MU because it's been so long since I last played a competent Megaman.

I have to say though, thank god for Greninja's high short hop because it allows me to get over pellets and hit Megaman with a F-Air.

He lost a lot of games due to fishing for Up-Tilt kills though, once I caught up with that he could barely touch me until he switched plans. Fun games though.

Amusingly I think Megaman might be the hardest character in the game for Greninja to edgeguard. Either him, Jigglypuff or Peach.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Amusingly I think Megaman might be the hardest character in the game for Greninja to edgeguard. Either him, Jigglypuff or Peach.
How do you edge guard ZSS?

Edit: @ Berserker. Berserker. I'm proud of you. Remember this moment when you change avatars tomorrow. You're almost cured.

lol at how it's not going to tag you because edits and smashboards is bad.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Oh yeah I forgot her and the silliness that is Flip Jump.

At least if she gets forced to use Boost Kick for recovery she's Hydro Pump bait but then again when is that going to happen? =V
More like the tether that can be used from the magnifying glass... and oh, she can go under the stage or recover on stage with flip jump, which autocancels.

But f16 grab. So it's okay.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh yeah I forgot her and the silliness that is Flip Jump.

At least if she gets forced to use Boost Kick for recovery she's Hydro Pump bait but then again when is that going to happen? =V
Thanks, developers, for giving ZSS high air speed, a high jump, a tether recovery, Flip Jump, and Boost Kick. She has 3 horizontal recoveries with regular jumping, Flip Jump, and tether recovering or Plasma Whip and 3 vertical recoveries with basic jumping, Flip Jump, and Boost Kick... Can't tether recoveries also travel a bit vertically? If so, fantastic, 4 ways to recovery vertically. Oh, and she can swing under the ledge and recover too. Meanwhile, Samus in her Power Suit whose thrusters are apparently broken while without her suit, she can pretty much fly through the air.

Meanwhile, Falco and Dr. Mario. One's recovery doesn't even have complete hitboxes and the other borderlines Little Mac if the player can't mash Doctor Tornado well. Oh, and Lucario with his Extreme Speed shenanigans and Sonic's invincible Spring Jump. Should I mention Sheik's recovery or Roy's ledge snap distance?

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I sure love messing with Sheik's recovery with Hydro Pump now that I know it can be done reliably.

But seriously why does it need a reappearing windbox >_>

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Finally got to play Smash after a month long hiatus and I'm already getting back to labbing. Although, I do feel somewhat worse at the game.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the monthly local tourney because I'll be going back to college in a couple days.

D

Deleted member

Guys I'm in need of some opinions.

I'm kinda in a Smash crisis. I don't know which of my top 2 mains is better: Peach or Jigglypuff. For anyone that's played with me, can anyone tell me which of my characters they think I play best with?

Top Bottom