• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

@ Soul. Soul. I recognize that, but a section of my brain goes: "What you're contributing someone has already contributed. what's the point, people have heard it before." I don't plan to become competitive, so when i try to learn advanced things and contribute, I always lose motivation because what can I really contribute? Everyone else has already had those ideas.

Sorry for whining, but yeah. I wish I could help out more. Especially now that i'm actively playing Zelda.
Well not contribute, but maybe discuss. Or ask if they found something new. You don't need to find something in order to contribute.
Also it's fine.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Completely off topic but I've started playing Hatsune Mika: Project Diva 2 on the Vita. I never thought the day would come, but I guess I've finally become vocaloid trash. Luka and Kaito are best vocaloids.

1. Zeldas need to learn the whole "hold down when teleporting to overshoot the ledge" thing. Mixing it up between that, going straight to grabbing the ledge & going for the ledge without grabbing it until after the hitbox will make Zelda really hard to edgeguard (unless you're Peach who can just float Nair for days). You would not believe how many times this is helped me in matches as of late (both in tourneys & in friendlies).
This is something I've started doing lately and the I can't even begin to count the number of times it has saved me. Against people who are really good at abusing ledge vulnerability, this is great.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
What I think we really need to learn is farore's wind teleporting spots. It'll add a landing tool and a mindgame. It's great for edgeguardings and it gets her out of disadvantaged positions. Also imagine all the flashy edgeguards. I think that it'll help a lot. @ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 what do you think?
Recovery-wise, maybe for a mixup since it requires you to recover high which is always a bad idea in theory but it's certainly something you can't rely on because how predictable it is if you can only cancel at one spot & get punished for it.

For edge-guarding, only if you're on the opposite side of the stage from the opponent, otherwise either runoff or jump off Dair/Nair is good enough

I honestly can't see too much use for it, it's too long & slow for it to exploit platforms sadly

Last edited:

Hennet

Smash Cadet
NNID
hennetsims
I been thinking Since Zelda is the Dan of this game we need a legendary taunt we must appease the god at Nintendo to replace Down B with a Taunt.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
of course it's at a time I can't do :urg: oh well I'd probably get demolished anyway
Nah, you got to believe in yourself.

Also we're hoping this can be a weekly thing so you can join the one next week!
Completely off topic but I've started playing Hatsune Mika: Project Diva 2 on the Vita. I never thought the day would come, but I guess I've finally become vocaloid trash. Luka and Kaito are best vocaloids.
The voice actress for Luka is actually coming to Vancouver this August for an anime convention that's apparently the largest in Canada, so hyped for that!

Also that reminds me I have another anime convention to go to starting tomorrow for the next 3 days oops :^)

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
This August? What's the name of this convention? I might have to inform some people about it!

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I been thinking Since Zelda is the Dan of this game we need a legendary taunt we must appease the god at Nintendo to replace Down B with a Taunt.
Gorl you better not, I like the phantom
Recovery-wise, maybe for a mixup since it requires you to recover high which is always a bad idea in theory but it's certainly something you can't rely on because how predictable it is if you can only cancel at one spot & get punished for it.

For edge-guarding, only if you're on the opposite side of the stage from the opponent, otherwise either runoff or jump off Dair/Nair is good enough

I honestly can't see too much use for it, it's too long & slow for it to exploit platforms sadly
I feel like if your above a Rosalina and you know where the spot to teleport cancel is, you can get out of that possible detrimental spot. Sometimes during like peach's shield pressure you can escape if your at the area. Also yeah, if your across the stage you can just Teleport Cancel and get an edgeguard. After I hit someone across the stage at high percent with a ftilt or fsmash at high percent, It'll help you get an edgeguard because Zelda is fairly slow so running to the ledge will probably take too long. Idk I wanna find more uses and more options can't hurt. Maybe, It'll be a mobility thing?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Heeeyy @ Shrokatii Shrokatii can I still have that Jirachi? I have my copy of ORAS and a :pichumelee:

Edit: :172:Pichu claims this page:172:

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ya, sure, I'm going to someone's house soon to play smash, so after that. Maybe around 2 or so hours?
That's fine, as long as it's tonight. I'll be without internet tomorrow. :/

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Gorl you better not, I like the phantom

I feel like if your above a Rosalina and you know where the spot to teleport cancel is, you can get out of that possible detrimental spot. Sometimes during like peach's shield pressure you can escape if your at the area. Also yeah, if your across the stage you can just Teleport Cancel and get an edgeguard. After I hit someone across the stage at high percent with a ftilt or fsmash at high percent, It'll help you get an edgeguard because Zelda is fairly slow so running to the ledge will probably take too long. Idk I wanna find more uses and more options can't hurt. Maybe, It'll be a mobility thing?
Maybe one time it'll work, but once they catch on the positioning to ledge cancel they'll know where to strike since there's only 2 positions where you can ledge cancel a platform & you have to deliberately go for them to do either. Also Rosa's mobility is good enough to catch that out if she knows about it. The Peach example isn't too great either since that requires you to be at the exact spot to ledge cancel & that spot is really tight.

Honestly I can't see it much more than a mobility thing really =/

Soul.

holy ****ing **** why do i bother going to the pikachu boards if all they do is complain about its inability to KO at reliable percents. jfc

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Nah, you got to believe in yourself.

Also we're hoping this can be a weekly thing so you can join the one next week!
The problem is, the conflict is also a weekly thing. LOL

D

Deleted member

But it's not untrue.

You're headed on track to become a neo-Rosalinda cultist if you blindly reject everything negative about Jigglypuff. She's really lacklustre in this game and it saddens me because I like her so much. Except for rest, she was probably better in Brawl lol.
Jigglypuff is one of my mains. Of course I'm gonna know Jiggly's negative traits. I know what keeps her from being the best and actually, I agree with people when they say she's no where near being high/top tier. But, thing is, I don't care about what flaws she has. I love the character, I love how she plays. I am able to put up with her shortcomings and find ways around them. People can say she's the worst character. Opinions are opinions. However, I know in my heart that Jiggly is a great character, and people have yet to see that. Every character gets hate. There's no way around it. All we can do is ignore it and keep playing as who we wanna play as. We bought the game to have fun with the characters we want to use. I continue use Jiggly because she is a character I love, and I'll always use her. When people say stuff about Jiggly, it only makes want to get better with her to prove to others the potential she has. I don't care about tiers, I don't care about matchups. What I care about is being able to do my best with characters I love.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Just was playing on the miiverse stage and saw BAN ZELDA from the zelda social Gorls xDDD I was like what!!!!!

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

I've played the psp ones and cleared all the songs on extreme except for that bull**** song where you have to mash like you're playing sonic.

Also, Meiko best vocaloid.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@ Macchiato Macchiato when did you start maining pit

you could say your ability to stick to one or two characters is

pitiful

pls don't kill me

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Hi gorls

So EVO starts tomorrow meaning everyone who's going to it would have to be in Vegas by today. Well...I'm almost 99% positive I saw N41r0 when I was out :secretkpop:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I never played any of the Vocaloid games. I'm bad at those kind of games lol.

I like Gumi the most out of the Vocaloids because she's the one that has the most natural voice.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

A person with a horrible personality

He'll only play with customs and he spams DK Cyclone, in fact that's the only move he uses. No, I'm not exaggerating... Literally only uses that one move
i see. Thank you for telling me and thank you @ Koiba Koiba for warning me!

edit: bobvance is in the ladder chat right now. also everyone is super nice on ladder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom