• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Back to the Robin discussion, I feel like s/he is pretty good, probably mid-tier. I wanted to main him when he was announced, but felt to difficult and dropped him after like 2 battles. I pick him up occasionally and somehow do very well with him.

Soul.

I play Brawl occasionally. Like, maybe every 2 month, more or less. I usually pick Ice Climbers for the ****s and giggles

My brother was not amused with them chain grabs
I only and really bother playing Brawl because of Pika alone lol. The other characters seem "fun" in that game, but the controls turn me off. It's just so clunky.

GGs @ r_greening1 r_greening1 .

GOD I'm so bad! :c

I do predictable rubbish, jump way to much, relied too much on Roy's Up B to kill, got hit by two DAirs in a row, don't know how to fight Puff either and struggled against Ganon. :C

GG's
Pshhhh. It wasn't that bad! As long as you can learn from our matches, you're good to go! We had some fun matches like the Roy v. Marth. Also Lol at me missing that ledge cancel on Smashville by a couple of pixels. That was dumb smh

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GG's
Pshhhh. It wasn't that bad! As long as you can learn from our matches, you're good to go! We had some fun matches like the Roy v. Marth. Also Lol at me missing that ledge cancel on Smashville by a couple of pixels. That was dumb smh
True that, I'm proud that I did get the Edgeguard with Roy's Neutral B. I love it when that connects, also seems like I can't get the sacred Ken Combo to work. :V (Was hoping I could connect it at 25%, but seems like they jump out too quickly when I do my DThrow.)

True that, I'm proud that I did get the Edgeguard with Roy's Neutral B. I love it when that connects, also seems like I can't get the sacred Ken Combo to work. :V (Was hoping I could connect it at 25%, but seems like they jump out too quickly when I do my DThrow.)
I've only gotten it once, and I did it ~60%. I doubt it's a true combo for Roy though, but I'm not sure

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've only gotten it once, and I did it ~60%. I doubt it's a true combo for Roy though, but I'm not sure
I think someone did manage to get to true combo, but maybe the timing is strict and frame perfect? I think there was a video that was posted here before of it, but I can't remember what page. ;~;

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lcanceling is actually super easy because all you do is hit shield once you land

Ppivoting left isn't too bad. Ppivoting right is dumb.
I know how to l cancel, but doing it consistently is lol. And I don't really care about Melee enough to want to practice it enough to get it down. I only play it with one friend and he's moving across the country in a month, so...

I'll probably learn to perfect pivot, though. I just don't like that I have to set my c-stick to tilts for it to be most useful.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Seriously Google!?

I looked up the Japanese Shrine Bell which is called a Suzu (This was for naming my Bronzong in Pokemon). So I put that name into Google Images. One of the results was a DA image of Suzu Mukai from Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon with a bit of a belly burping.

WHY?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Zelda's moveset tier list (in singles of course):

SS: moving your character select token one slot to the right
S: Dair, Dtilt
A: Utilt, Jab
A-: Farore's Wind, Nair
B: Dash grab, Pivot grab, Dthrow, Nayru's Love, Fsmash
B-: Fair, Bair, Dsmash, Usmash, Uthrow, Dash Attack
C: Phantom Strike, Uair, Bthrow, Fthrow
D: Standing grab, Nayru's Passion, Farore's Squall, Din's Flare
E: Ftilt, Pummel, Din's Fire, Phantom Slash
F: Nayru's Rejection, Phantom Breaker, Din's Blaze, Farore's Windfall

Personal opinion, of course.

I seriously can't tell if you're Like-baiting anymore! To be safe I'm going to refrain from liking and I'm going to give you this reply
:secretkpop:
Did you really think it was going to be anything else?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I seriously can't tell if you're Like-baiting anymore! To be safe I'm going to refrain from liking and I'm going to give you this reply
:secretkpop:
Did you really think it was going to be anything else?
wow ro0d I never was a like baiter in the first place

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

S: Nair, Dtilt, Farore's Wind, Dash Attack
A: Utilt, Jab, Dthrow, Nayru's Love
A-: Dair, Bthrow, Fsmash, Uair
B: Dash grab, Pivot grab, Usmash, Dsmash
B-: Fair, Bair, Uthrow, Phantom Strike, Din's Flare
C: Phantom Slash, Farore's Squall, Ftilt, Standing Grab
D: Nayru's Passion, Farore's Windfall, Pummel
Jigglypuff Tier: Din's Fire, Nayru's Rejection, Phantom Breaker, Din's Blaze, Farore's Windfall

Last edited:
I'm 50 likes away from formally reaching a 5:1 like to post ratio here on Smashboards~

You gorls know what to do... right? :secretkpop:
View attachment 61703 Irrelevant to the status liking spam, but thanks for the 5:1 POST LIKES TO POST ratio gorls.

N-Not like I needed it or a-anything, baka--
I'M SORRY GORLS it's almost approaching a 5:1 like to post ratio
Oh we were talking about farming likes? Well let Philoz-Sensei teach you gorls how to do it and not be a San1cbArlwer

>post in the Zelda social (~3 likes a post)
>post in the Robin social (~4-5 likes a post)
>post relevant GIFs for giggles
>talk trash about Zelda
>pretend you love feet
>act like a cute and kawaii bottom
>announce that we will be hitting 1900 likes soon
>innuendos =^)

Shocking! Go from 1:1 like to post ratio to a 4.83:1 like to post ratio in 2 weeks! Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!
upload_2015-7-16_15-37-56.jpeg

@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

S: Nair, Dtilt, Farore's Wind, Dash Attack
A: Utilt, Jab, Dthrow, Nayru's Love
A-: Dair, Bthrow, Fsmash, Uair
B: Dash grab, Pivot grab, Usmash, Dsmash
B-: Fair, Bair, Uthrow, Phantom Strike, Din's Flare
C: Phantom Slash, Farore's Squall, Ftilt, Standing Grab
D: Nayru's Passion, Farore's Windfall, Pummel
Jigglypuff Tier: Din's Fire, Nayru's Rejection, Phantom Breaker, Din's Blaze, Farore's Windfall
I honestly think Dair is godly for Zelda, so I'm a bit surprised about it's placement. I guess I can live with the rest of the placements.

I guess I'll have to re-edit this list then.

HOW TO FARM LIKES BY PHILOZ-SENSEI

>post in the Zelda social (~3 likes a post) *
>post in the Robin social (~4-5 likes a post)
>make a Hunger Games simulator
>talk about the Hunger Games simulator
>post relevant GIFs for giggles *
>talk trash about Zelda *
>pretend you love feet *
>act like a cute and kawaii bottom *
>act tsundere *
>innuendos =^) *

* note: these conditions apply to all members barring those with the name "SBphiloz4"

Shocking! Go from 1:1 like to post ratio to a 4.99:1 like to post ratio (my actual ratio now) in 2 weeks! Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

SS: playing Muhley LOLOLOLOLOL
S: Dair
A+: Jab
A: Farore's Wind, Nair
A-: Dtilt, Utilt
B: Dash grab, Pivot grab, Nayru's Love, Fsmash
B-: Dsmash, Usmash, Uthrow, Dash Attack
C+: Dthrow
C: Fair, Bair, Fthrow, Bthrow
C-: Uair
D: Standing grab, Ftilt
E: Pummel
Projectile tier: Din's Fire, Phantom Slash

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I think this has already been mentioned, but SmashWiki lists Fujin as a notable Brawl Zelda main.
fujin.JPG

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Looking at the EVO schedule...

Is Sm4sh semifinals and finals really going to take 6 hours? How many matches is that, even?

Melee semifinals taking 4 hours is also weird.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I think this has already been mentioned, but SmashWiki lists Fujin as a notable Brawl Zelda main.
View attachment 62080
Well... he was. :p

To be fair Zelda only had like, 6 7 notable Zelda mains throughout Brawl's time.

Scary (AKA Ed)
Mocha
Fujin
Ven
Riot
Jujux
*Edit* I guess I should add Aleate/Alacion since I've heard he's really good.

Even then the second half either wasn't around as much to be seen afaik (Ven and Jujux) or dropped ha later iirc. (Riot) In the days I was around the only ones I'd known of were Ed and Mocha. I didn't even know ven had played Brawl Zelda until later.

Fujin WAS notable for being terminal cancer to any Brawl Zelda metagame progress on SWF.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Solo Rosa has good mobility and disjoints. She suffers without Luma but isn't the worst character imo.

Why isn't Farow's S tier on those^ lists? The only character who wouldn't overall benefit by having their upB replaced by Farow's is Yoshi imo.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Guys I've gotten over my fear of fighting Sonic #progression
Solo Rosa has good mobility and disjoints. She suffers without Luma but isn't the worst character imo.

Why isn't Farow's S tier on those^ lists? The only character who wouldn't overall benefit by having their upB replaced by Farow's is Yoshi imo.
Probably because the elevator is really risky and the first hit can be DId so the second hit doesn't connect

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guys I've gotten over my fear of fighting Sonic #progression

Probably because it's really risky and the first hit can be DId so the second hit doesn't connect
I didn't only mean for elevators. Farow's is fantastic for recovering; it makes Zelda practically un-gimp-able. It's also a good interrupter tool when the opponent is readying a projectile.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Yeah can't argue with that, Farore's is a very good recovery

so um this Falcon threw out a random knee and I might have Love jumped right into it and died...:^)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

Because this.
Farore's Wind IS a very good recovery move. It has good range and is decently flexible by going in 8 different directions. However, it is still a recovery that can be punished despite her turning invisible. You can easily stage spike her if you catch her recovering too low and if you time it right. This goes for all teleport recoveries in general, and does hurt such characters once opponents know this fact.

As a killing option, it is great! But it isn't and will never be a very reliable kill move. With proper DI it actually really isn't that strong, and you can DI the first hit. Zelda players have to be wary of this as well as the potential of whiffing the move completely to react on time, or else they will whiff FW and get punished greatly. It's definitely the move that makes Zelda scary, but it really isn't her actual best move IMO.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I didn't only mean for elevators. Farow's is fantastic for recovering; it makes Zelda practically un-gimp-able. It's also a good interrupter tool when the opponent is readying a projectile.
I forgot bout that

Zelda's moveset tier list V2 (in singles of course):

SS: playing Muhley LOLOLOLOLOL
S: Dair, FW
A+: Jab
A: Nair
A-: Dtilt, Utilt
B: Dash grab, Pivot grab, Nayru's Love, Fsmash
B-: Dsmash, Usmash, Uthrow, Dash Attack
C+: Dthrow
C: Fair, Bair, Fthrow, Bthrow
C-: Uair
D: Standing grab, Ftilt
E: Pummel
Projectile tier: Din's Fire, Phantom Slash

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Does anyone know if you can consistently DI out of Roy's usmash if he hits you with the base? I just did but idk if it's something reliable to try and do.

Top Bottom