• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Isn't Zelda showing more skin than Sheik is, though?
*shrug*
You forgot Zelda requires more skill than Sheik who just does nothing but FAirs, FTilts and Bouncing Fish. :yeahboi:
"Hope opponent doesn't shield. Spam Farore's Wind" - Fuujin 2014
"Zelda is a braindead character" - For Glory Falcons 2015

On a more serious note, Sheik is indeed technical because so many people are going to use her that people need to learn more advanced techniques to differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack. And thus more tech for her is found because so many people know she's good, and they are able to find even more places to make her even better.
Competitive fighting games actually reflect society quite well. The rich, the top tiers, just get more rich with tech :4sheik:. The poor, the bottom tier, will be neglected and become even more poor :4zelda:. Life sucks, eh?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Man after finding this game out I wonder just how ridiculous it would be if we played it:

For those who don't know it's a game where in a group of players two of them are given prompts that they need to answer and the other players will vote for who did the funniest one.

The name is quiplash and I can see so many shenanigans with this.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
HBox got carried so hard by ZeRo.

Though him beating Dabuz was amazing. I believe that the cultists think that MU is about even though
Source to these vids? I'd love to see some hungrybox play.

Will continue to disagree with this on the basis that Luma is so easy to kill where as Nana wasn't and was more powerful of a tool than Luma with the ability to do everything Popo did and even made his specials better.

Does Rosalina need to be readjusted? Sure, but not like that.
Here's what I would do to Rosa/Luma:
  • Weaken the knockback on Luma's attacks (probably by adjusting BKB)
  • Reduce range on various Luma attacks (FSmash at least, probably a few others
  • Possibly increase cooldown on Rosalina's UAir/Gravitational Pull
I think she's a strong character by design and will remain a threat barring some ridiculous nerfs. She may possibly end up the second most polarizing character after Sheik though (gotta remember Fox's jab lol)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Falcon should be buffed with super armor on raptor boost, more knock back on Uair, Melee Knee, and stronger Bair. :falconmelee:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

I also think Sololina isn't that bad at all. She's basically Brawl Zelda in that she's mostly going to fight on the ground with smash attacks and the like, but has an actual decent grab game, good range on her normals and somewhat pressuring Uairs if the opponent is lifted in the air. And because of game mechanics, you really only need to stall time with Sololina until Luma comes back, something Sopo (who's already worse fundamentally) does not have.

Even if Sololina existed as a character she'd still be better than a handful of characters IMO

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

Here's what I would do to Rosa/Luma:
  • Weaken the knockback on Luma's attacks (probably by adjusting BKB)
  • Reduce range on various Luma attacks (FSmash at least, probably a few others
  • Possibly increase cooldown on Rosalina's UAir/Gravitational Pull
I think she's a strong character by design and will remain a threat barring some ridiculous nerfs. She may possibly end up the second most polarizing character after Sheik though (gotta remember Fox's jab lol)
It was CEO 2015 Doubles. There only seems to be a handful of matches posted onto Youtube sadly but a highlight video for HBox was made

Edit: **** you @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 </3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jigglypuff has no range and approach. She's so light that she dies at like 80% all the time lol. Her weight is especially detrimental in this game because rage exists, and she can struggle to close a stock without rest (especially since bair will usually be stale because it's a great spacing tool). Idk, Puff is bad imo.

Her grab is great, though. Her pummel is insane and her all of throws do like 10%.
Me reading this:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
On a more serious note, Sheik is indeed technical because so many people are going to use her that people need to learn more advanced techniques to differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack. And thus more tech for her is found because so many people know she's good, and they are able to find even more places to make her even better.
Competitive fighting games actually reflect society quite well. The rich, the top tiers, just get more rich with tech :4sheik:. The poor, the bottom tier, will be neglected and become even more poor :4zelda:. Life sucks, eh?

That just saddens me.
I'm still proud that I don't main her, since I'd rather be using a more fun character like :4shulk: or :4rob:. Also, I have a feeling if I did go up against a :4sheik: in a tournament. The moment they select her, I'll just get up and leave. :secretkpop:
So the salt won't even kick in. But that would be very disrespectful too. :c

I just hope we find more tech for Zelda or some of the other fighters. I honestly think Sheik doesn't deserve any new tech.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Falcon should be buffed with super armor on raptor boost, more knock back on Uair, Melee Knee, and stronger Bair. :falconmelee:
Considering this thread's opinion on Falcon, I think it's safe to assume I'm the only person who likes and agrees with this.

I also wouldn't mind if those buffs happened just so I can see (and laugh at) everyone's reaction to it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Are you trying to say Rage Yoshi Usmash is broken?!
I nevah knew, though honestly felt Uair was better since it only sends you in one direction regardless of DI.
Up.
Had Fox at first because Luma hit frame shenanigans. It's that Luma Utilt being close to those Up Smashes, but it's much, much more stronger.

Rosalina by herself isn't nearly as strong. She has powerful disjoints but they tend to be unforgiving in their placements. Luma's kill power on its moves is probably a little too strong, though, especially on moves like UTilt. Its knockback values should not be stronger than Warlock Punch, even if it does a quarter of the damage.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but that UTilt probably comes out on frame 4. lol.
When you play a character with short range on his aerials, slow mobility, and not much that I know of to safely kill Luma, Rosalina is strong while Rosalina & Luma are even stronger. Falco dies quickly already against her, but having stupid stuff kill him is like a slap in the face. I could easily switch over to Fox or end up maining Roy, but I just don't like how easy Fox is to use and Roy's a mystery since I don't have any of the DLC. I'd rather co-main Falco and Wolf if he ever comes back or Falco and Ike.

I really don't get why Luma has such high BKB on its moves. High KBG would be fine like say the grounded Utilt had a BKB of 60 for safety if it's used at low percents and a KBG of 150 so at high percents, landing a precise move like that rewards Rosalina a kill at 90%. That's fine, but the press a button and kill at 12% is stupid.

Someone pointed out that the Falco was charging an Up Smash the moment he was hit. I thought it was a running Up Smash. I know that charging Smashes and getting hit means you take more knockback, but shouldn't that scale? If I charge just for a bit, I shouldn't take the same knockback as if I charged almost to the end of the charge time.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Honestly unless if we find a new game changing mechanic like perfect pivoting, and one that ACTUALLY benefits Zelda greatly, I don't think there will be any more good tech for Zelda unless some miracle happens when we go research her (bad) customs. Most of the things we have found are just extra fluff or situational things on a fundamentally flawed character. Stuff like perfect pivot Utilt is cool, and edge sliding Dsmash is incredibly cute, but it doesn't benefit Zelda as much compared to overall better characters like Fox, Falcon and Sheik. Buff her all you like, but it will most likely not change her lack of viability in competitive play. If anything, I would hope that she becomes more of a complete character, kinda like what happened to Ike last patch.

Meanwhile, Samus' dash attack goes through opponents.

As a Zelda main, I feel incredibly sorry that this character exists.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

That just saddens me.
I'm still proud that I don't main her, since I'd rather be using a more fun character like :4shulk: or :4rob:. Also, I have a feeling if I did go up against a :4sheik: in a tournament. The moment they select her, I'll just get up and leave. :secretkpop:
So the salt won't even kick in. But that would be very disrespectful too. :c

I just hope we find more tech for Zelda or some of the other fighters. I honestly think Sheik doesn't deserve any new tech.
Nothing in the video is any new tech at all, it's p much Perfect Pivots & ordinary pivots that anyone can do, but it's what Sheik gets out of those pivots to extend her combos.

Plus you leaving could still potentially be considered salty on your end js.

Not to mention that if you ever do that you might as well quit Sm4sh while you're ahead because it's gonna be Sheik country until Nintendo nerfs her (plus she's hard to nerf outside Needles & her recovery)

Honestly unless if we find a new game changing mechanic like perfect pivoting, and one that ACTUALLY benefits Zelda greatly, I don't think there will be any more good tech for Zelda unless some miracle happens when we go research her (bad) customs. Most of the things we have found are just extra fluff or situational things on a fundamentally flawed character. Stuff like perfect pivot Utilt is cool, and edge sliding Dsmash is incredibly cute, but it doesn't benefit Zelda as much compared to overall better characters like Fox, Falcon and Sheik. Buff her all you like, but it will most likely not change her lack of viability in competitive play. If anything, I would hope that she becomes more of a complete character, kinda like what happened to Ike last patch.

Meanwhile, Samus' dash attack goes through opponents.

As a Zelda main, I feel incredibly sorry that this character exists.
Perfect Pivot Jab is where it is at yo

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Nothing in the video is any new tech at all, it's p much Perfect Pivots & ordinary pivots that anyone can do, but it's what Sheik gets out of those pivots to extend her combos.

Plus you leaving could still potentially be considered salty on your end js.

Not to mention that if you ever do that you might as well quit Sm4sh while you're ahead because it's gonna be Sheik country until Nintendo nerfs her (plus she's hard to nerf outside Needles & her recovery)
True that. I'll just have to get over it and try and at least beat her. :V
Hopefully.

Do you have something to tell us @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 ? o.o

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Man even though I can do PP semi-consistently now I don't think I'll be able to implement it that well. Which is a shame since Greninja has one of the better Perfect Pivot distances. I don't think he has any crazy combos like Sheik does though, his frame data is not good enough for that.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I feel that we should invest our time in Teleport cancelling. It could help get us out of a disadvantaged spot and help with landing options. Yes, its a very risky option but imagine if someone mastered it. It would help her with some if her minor problems. It also adds another edgeguarding tool to her kit. Me and @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 have been talking and this is probably the thing with most potential Zelda has right now. I hope you guys give it a chance. I find it a big shame that this wasn't invested in during Brawl and I hope to change that because no matter how many times I switch mains, Zelda is the one character I want to advance and such.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
evmaxy54 post: 19663876 said:
it's gonna be Sheik country
I found this to be really funny for reasons I don't even know myself.

Maybe because it reminds me of Donkey Kong Country.

Imagine a Donkey Kong Country style game with Sheik as the main character.

Instead of jumping and rolling into enemies you use fair and bouncing fish to defeat them and instead of chucking barrels, you throw needles.

It could be called "Donkey Sheik Country" or "Sheikey Kong Country" or "Donkey Kong Country 4: Sheik's Conquest"

I had way too much fun with this.

Soul.

How many Sheik 'techs' have been found? Last I checked, most of them had to do with Needles. If it's not a Needle Storm tech, it's Needle Storm > Bouncing Fish, and then a million FAir chains.
does smash 4 really have tech or is its simplicity not enough. Brawl Sheik's Down B was better.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Me reading this:
But it's not untrue.

You're headed on track to become a neo-Rosalinda cultist if you blindly reject everything negative about Jigglypuff. She's really lacklustre in this game and it saddens me because I like her so much. Except for rest, she was probably better in Brawl lol.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
No edgehogging = sad Jigglypuff

why did my phone know to autocorrect that o_o

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
But it's not untrue.

You're headed on track to become a neo-Rosalinda cultist if you blindly reject everything negative about Jigglypuff. She's really lacklustre in this game and it saddens me because I like her so much. Except for rest, she was probably better in Brawl lol.
Rest is better, it killed at 80% in brawl without DI.

Honestly I do accept Zelda has her obvious flaws but I definitely think she's a good character.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Morning gorls

Rosalina is fine. Luma's utilt killed at 12% because Falco was charging a smash attack. Otherwise Luma's utilt doesn't kill until ~130-160%. Peach's Parasol can kill at 0% if you're charging a smash but no one complains about that soooo

Zelda is also fine. She obviously has flaws but I honestly feel like her main problem is that everyone thinks she's bad and it's a toxic mindset where no one wants to actually look at her or work with her on a competitive tournament level, and instead they just say "Zeldawful." She definitely has flaws but I don't think they're as much of a problem that some people make them out to be

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I want to learn to Perfect Pivot but my fingers are so slow and stupid that it'd be a lot harder for me than it should be. Ditto with wave dashing, l-canceling, and Peach's QFR.

And now I'm going to play some Melee and lament the removal of Pichu and Ice Climbers.

Last edited:
Playing some fan game called "Toadette Strikes." Really good game, surprisingly. Also difficult but I went on hard mode because hard mode is the way to go in every game if the option is available. I played the prequel to this game called "Toad Strikes Back" which was also great. It feels refreshing to play something that isn't Smash bros.
Everything was better in Brawl.
Except Ganondorf.
IC's vs Ganon tho

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I want to learn to Perfect Pivot but my fingers are so slow and stupid that it'd be a lot harder for me than it should be. Ditto with wave dashing, l-canceling, and Peach's QFR.

And now I'm going to play some Melee and lament the removal of Pichu and Ice Climbers.
Just make sure you do some hand stretches before & after =3

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I play Brawl occasionally. Like, maybe every 2 month, more or less. I usually pick Ice Climbers for the ****s and giggles

My brother was not amused with them chain grabs
i havent played brawl in like 2 years

i completely forgot what its like besides tripping

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs @r_greening1.

GOD I'm so bad! :c

I do predictable rubbish, jump way to much, relied too much on Roy's Up B to kill, got hit by two DAirs in a row, don't know how to fight Puff either and struggled against Ganon. :C

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

Lcanceling is actually super easy because all you do is hit shield once you land

Ppivoting left isn't too bad. Ppivoting right is dumb.

Top Bottom