• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Why are there peas on that cake?
Dat ain't caek unless it's a lie Baka
Gorls I feel like I'm starting to suck at Smash now ;-;

Recently, I feel like my performance is a bit more poor now .-.

I'm sad.
Change up that attitude of yourself first. The worst thing is to lose self confidence and give yourself doubt. Try to forgive your performance and mistakes and go up from there. You may as well be your worst enemy but that is an opponent you can beat.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Giant post incoming with a lot of responses to posts I missed from being at work all day.

@ Lorde Lorde I don't really use Robin but I wasn't aware of any changes to Arcfire jab. Care to elaborate? I'm curious.

Practice makes perfect sis. Though you were doing some really predictable stuff like always attacking from the ledge or rolling & some silly **** like throwing out Smash attacks in neutral.

Ganon dittos at the end were hilarious though
Hey, throwing out USmash in neutral is often safe for Game & Watch, don't hate.

I love rage+flare blitz/u-throw~
RAGE
THE
CHARACTER
(he used to learn Rage by level too)

I might be playing as luma more often (and rosalina too)
I have an IRL friend who mains Rosalina and freely admits that he actually mains Luma and secondaries Rosalina. I have to say that it's funny but probably accurate in most cases. He's good, too, though I've only played him a few times.

No Maruchan products? This is common in the US.
The cheap "noodle-block-and-flavoring-packet" form of Maruchan kind of "hides" the little detail that it's not really supposed to be a meal by itself and it actually recommends using it as a base. I've seen cookbooks solely dedicated to instant ramen innovation, some using flavoring packets and some without (one of the more questionable recipes I remember was making hamburger patties partially out of noodles). The packet also hides behind its flap the "secret" that you can reduce the sodium amount by only using part of the flavoring packet (wow, what a thought!).

Thomas I eat healthy too but you do realize...
there's cilantro in those sandwiches
View attachment 61979
My whole family dislikes cilantro, ranging from mild distaste (me) to utter loathing (my mom), so this makes me happy. To give you some perspective, Chipotle's cilantro-lime rice is pretty much my upper limit for the stuff. Its flavor (which isn't that great IMO) permeates and overwhelms whatever it's in, similar to mint (I'm not a huge fan of mint-flavored items for that same reason, but I like mints by themselves).

Also, cilantro and coriander seeds are from the same plant.

ラーメン rāmen

The R is somewhere between R and L, with a hint of D
so like raah-men
For those who have seen the movie Big Hero 6, Honey Lemon pronounces the "r" in Hiro's name the way the Japanese would (even though she and her actor are Hispanic and she ostensibly pronounced it the Hispanic way). It's a bit harder to pronounce it at the start of a word (for me, anyway), but it should help to understand how "ramen" would be pronounced.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Hey American/Canadian gorls do you have a North American equivalent to Dessert Story

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Giant post incoming with a lot of responses to posts I missed from being at work all day.

@ Lorde Lorde I don't really use Robin but I wasn't aware of any changes to Arcfire jab. Care to elaborate? I'm curious.

Hey, throwing out USmash in neutral is often safe for Game & Watch, don't hate.

RAGE
THE
CHARACTER
(he used to learn Rage by level too)

I have an IRL friend who mains Rosalina and freely admits that he actually mains Luma and secondaries Rosalina. I have to say that it's funny but probably accurate in most cases. He's good, too, though I've only played him a few times.

The cheap "noodle-block-and-flavoring-packet" form of Maruchan kind of "hides" the little detail that it's not really supposed to be a meal by itself and it actually recommends using it as a base. I've seen cookbooks solely dedicated to instant ramen innovation, some using flavoring packets and some without (one of the more questionable recipes I remember was making hamburger patties partially out of noodles). The packet also hides behind its flap the "secret" that you can reduce the sodium amount by only using part of the flavoring packet (wow, what a thought!).

My whole family dislikes cilantro, ranging from mild distaste (me) to utter loathing (my mom), so this makes me happy. To give you some perspective, Chipotle's cilantro-lime rice is pretty much my upper limit for the stuff. Its flavor (which isn't that great IMO) permeates and overwhelms whatever it's in, similar to mint (I'm not a huge fan of mint-flavored items for that same reason, but I like mints by themselves).

Also, cilantro and coriander seeds are from the same plant.

For those who have seen the movie Big Hero 6, Honey Lemon pronounces the "r" in Hiro's name the way the Japanese would (even though she and her actor are Hispanic and she ostensibly pronounced it the Hispanic way). It's a bit harder to pronounce it at the start of a word (for me, anyway), but it should help to understand how "ramen" would be pronounced.
I don't use Robin much either, but I'm pretty sure they changed something with her jab 2 in one of the newer patches (like Mewtwo through the most recent one). Honestly, I have nothing to back that up, but I do know that the Arcfire jab doesn't link as well anymore.

And cilantro and coriander are literally the same thing. Cilantro is just the Spanish word for coriander, and we use that word in North America because the herb is important in Mexican cuisine, so we use the Mexican word for it.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The 150%+ life is good with Zard
I've said it before but Charizard's whole design feels like a weak one patched with cheese like copious super armor and attacks that work very well with rage. His new UThrow basically just exists to reinforce this.

His OoS game is pretty legit though (Fly is another one of his cheesy attacks though).

Anyway.

my reaction when I realize the Game & Watch boards' mod hasn't posted there in over two months:

Nah, SFA Smiley is a pretty cool guy, he kind of seems like Ffamran in his tsundere attitude toward Game & Watch but with less motivation to move forward his metagame on a general level, at least from what I can see. The boards themselves have an... okay amount of activity but very little of it is actually productive. We have a MU thread but it's totally unorganized and hasn't had good discussion in ages. Custom move discussion happens in like 5 different threads (and only rarely) and the video thread is sparse (not helping is the lack of high-level or even tournament-going Game & Watch players). The best things that have come out of that subforum are preliminary research on DThrow combos (something that needs to be investigated more) and a compilation on what Oil Panic can absorb (which is useful!).

Personally I'd rather have Neb or the newly rejoining Mr. Escalator in charge of the boards, since they both seem more interested in furthering Game & Watch's play. I'd recommend myself but. I'm probably too casual at the moment. I also kind of wish GimR and Shaya would contribute more. GimR does pop in occasionally, most recently to ask about Heavy Trampoline's frame data (when it hits, when it has invincibility) but we're so far behind the curve we can't really help him. He's also easily the most prominent Game & Watch main right now. Shaya has some good gameplay ideas for our character but is (understandably) more devoted to more viable characters like ZSS, Marth, Sheik, and even Falco (the last even moreso after the patch). Hearing from Songun would also be cool but... he's Japanese so I'm not getting my hopes up. We can watch his videos though.

But who even cares? :4gaw: is a bottom 5 character anyway right @ FullMoon FullMoon ? ;)

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I've said it before but Charizard's whole design feels like a weak one patched with cheese like copious super armor and attacks that work very well with rage. His new UThrow basically just exists to reinforce this.

His OoS game is pretty legit though (Fly is another one of his cheesy attacks though).

Anyway.

my reaction when I realize the Game & Watch boards' mod hasn't posted there in over two months:

Nah, SFA Smiley is a pretty cool guy, he kind of seems like Ffamran in his tsundere attitude toward Game & Watch but with less motivation to move forward his metagame on a general level, at least from what I can see. The boards themselves have an... okay amount of activity but very little of it is actually productive. We have a MU thread but it's totally unorganized and hasn't had good discussion in ages. Custom move discussion happens in like 5 different threads (and only rarely) and the video thread is sparse (not helping is the lack of high-level or even tournament-going Game & Watch players). The best things that have come out of that subforum are preliminary research on DThrow combos (something that needs to be investigated more) and a compilation on what Oil Panic can absorb (which is useful!).

Personally I'd rather have Neb or the newly rejoining Mr. Escalator in charge of the boards, since they both seem more interested in furthering Game & Watch's play. I'd recommend myself but. I'm probably too casual at the moment. I also kind of wish GimR and Shaya would contribute more. GimR does pop in occasionally, most recently to ask about Heavy Trampoline's frame data (when it hits, when it has invincibility) but we're so far behind the curve we can't really help him. He's also easily the most prominent Game & Watch main right now. Shaya has some good gameplay ideas for our character but is (understandably) more devoted to more viable characters like ZSS, Marth, Sheik, and even Falco (the last even moreso after the patch). Hearing from Songun would also be cool but... he's Japanese so I'm not getting my hopes up. We can watch his videos though.

But who even cares? :4gaw: is a bottom 5 character anyway right @ FullMoon FullMoon ? ;)
i beat a really good shiek with g&w today

hes top tier for sure

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I actually didn't want to put him that low because I don't really think the character is that bad, it's just that the others looked... better.

Though he's one of the characters I didn't know quite how to place because you only see a G&W player once in a blue moon.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
i beat a really good shiek with g&w today

hes top tier for sure
Sheik is ez jus duk nedlez an bukit vanish an u win

I don't think he's bottom 5 but probably bottom 15 or so just because he tends to fall on the side of "underwhelming" overall. His basic tools are good but not being able to seal stocks early when you're one of the lightest characters in the game is s big detriment. He honestly needs a few quality of life tweaks to tighten his game plan and he'd be viable (or close to it) IMO. DTilt buff was actually really nice.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Sheik is ez jus duk nedlez an bukit vanish an u win

I don't think he's bottom 5 but probably bottom 15 or so just because he tends to fall on the side of "underwhelming" overall. His basic tools are good but not being able to seal stocks early when you're one of the lightest characters in the game is s big detriment. He honestly needs a few quality of life tweaks to tighten his game plan and he'd be viable (or close to it) IMO. DTilt buff was actually really nice.
he was a good shiek player (beat every one of my characters except zelda, zard and g&w) but i think he lost because of lack of mu knowledge, he kept trying to challenge my usmash

g&w is probably low mid imo, as you said he has problems killing but can be killed relatively easy, but lets just see what happens

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

So…

Are you getting pokemon hoshido or pokemon nohr?

or are you waiting for the third special version which includes the leader of the version mascots?
I'm picturing a Fire Emblem x Pokémon crossover now thanks to this and I actually think it could be pretty cool.

I guess it would be like Pokémon Conquest but probably better lol.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

I'm picturing a Fire Emblem x Pokémon crossover now thanks to this and I actually think it could be pretty cool.

I guess it would be like Pokémon Conquest but probably better lol.
wait a minute

you can pet people? in fe?

why?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
How strong is Rosalina or Luma's Utilt again? *sees Kofu's post*
RAGE
THE
CHARACTER
(he used to learn Rage by level too).
Nah, Rosalina or Luma rage is much more potent. Why? Why does it kill at 12% on Falco even with rage? ;_;

So, according to Aero's frame data for Rosalina & Luma... Rosie's Utilt's does 8%, is frames 9-17, and her head's intangible for frame 4-11, Rosie's base knockback for it is 80 with a growth of 70. Seems reasonable... Luma's Utilt has 3 hitboxes, sure, why not... First hitbox has only 1 active frame, only works on the ground, does 8%, has a BKB of 120... wut? ... and 60 KBG... Second hitbox has 2 active frames, does 4%, 85 BKB, 80 weighted knockback if I'm reading it right, and 60 KBG... why is this one normal? ... The late hit lasts for 5 frames, does 3%, 80 BKB, and 60 KBG...

I'm sorry, but what!? Looking at Ganondorf, his Warlock Punch has 120 BKB and 42 KBG which is freaking fine because he can't hit you until frame 70. Oh, and it does 30% which once again, freaking fine when he can't hit you until frame 70. That's 1 second and some since this goddamned game runs at 60 frames per second!

Oh, but it only works on the ground. SCREW YOU. Ganondorf can't kill you that quickly at max range. Meanwhile, you freaking walk by, Rosalina presses a freaking button and you die at 12%. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Yes, it's sweet-spot that only works when you're on the ground, but the fact it comes out so quickly, doesn't even do a lot of damage, and can kill that early is freaking stupid. People complain about Lucario rewarding "bad play" and meanwhile, Rosalina gets away with **** like this. Can Lucario even kill you with a fully-charged Smash or whatever at max rage and Aura that early? Seriously, what the ****!?

Never have I hated a character so much in a game and never have I have to wonder what the hell the developers were thinking. I get that there's stupid **** like locking games to 30 FPS because the physics are tied to it for some reason god probably doesn't even know, but this? The developers and community do realize that while Rosalina is a difficult character to master, she's incredibly, incredibly strong even without Luma at her side? Oh, we all talk about how Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Roy, and Marth's tippers are strong, but Marth can't kill you with like that. Marth needs to space perfectly and time a frame 10 Side Smash at full rage which considering the fact Marth doesn't have a little star to protect him means if he whiffs, he's going to die. Roy needs to be up in your face to land his Side Smash and the Blazer glitch? Willing to bet that he will get punished if he whiffs that while Rosalina & Luma still have the rest of Utilt's active frames not to mention she's not in the air and in helpless mode. I already covered how slow Ganondorf's strongest moves are and Captain Falcon? Whiff a Knee and he's not going to have fun while Falcon Punch isn't all that strong for how slow it is. It's stylish, sure, but really impractical.

The thing is, I like Rosalina, I thought she was cool when I played Super Mario Galaxy and how she was essentially mission command. I don't remember her back story since I think I never even figured out she had one. She was Rosalina, commander of some random ship Mario was on and was helping Mario save Peach and stop Bowser. That was it. I thought she was cooler than Peach since... hey, if space princess here is actually competent compared to Peach, she already had higher marks than Peach... Seriously Peach, we know you can fight... We even had a game starring you, Super Princess Peach... COME ON!!!

In this game? Oh boy, I FREAKING HATE Rosalina. It doesn't help that I chose to main a character who's utterly screwed by his *** mobility which once again, what the hell, developers? This is a fighting game, not a freaking platformer. Yes, it has platforming elements, but it's not 100% a platformer. Combine this with a low weight, poor range on his aerials, and the fact he cannot approach or force anyone to approach reliably and you have hell. And you want to know the kicker? I also like playing as Ike and Ganondorf and between the 3, Ike's probably the best against Rosalina and that's not saying much.

Luigi's annoying; he combos you to hell and back, but guess what? He doesn't kill you at 12% like that. Can he try? Sure, but if he whiffs that Super Jump Punch, he's going to eat foot to the face. Diddy's noises... But wait, even at launch, I felt like Falco did fine against Diddy, so who cares. As for Villager, Link, Toon Link, or any character that benefits largely from lag or has a lot of projectiles, it's tedious and it will always be tedious to fight them. The fact lag exists means it's going to be more frustrating and tedious, but hey, you can always not play online and not everyone is a stereotypical FG player. Rosalina? Rosia-freaking-lina is just hell to fight lag or no lag. She's strong, she has range, and she has really stupid moves that are really powerful compared to "powerhouses" like Ganondorf, Ike, Bowser, Charizard, etc. Not only that, some of them are reasonably fast, they're disjointed which considering her range, is even more range...

Whenever people say just don't die to stupid stuff against Rosalina, here's the thing: we're human. We make mistakes no matter how large or small. If we has tool-assists or if we had perfected CPUs or whatever, Rosalina would be landing those killer Utilts much more easily and playing at level where it's just doom for probably the entire cast. Also, how the hell is it a mistake to run? A basic movement option gets punished that hard? Look, when I eat punishes because I didn't choose an option, stopped before their range, or whatever, I should not be dying at 12%. I should also not be dying at 40% because I got caught in two Uair strings. I should also not have to deal with the fact a random object can fly past me and hit me. Don't know what I'm talking about? Watch good Rosalina players and watch when they call Luma back. They can have Luma attack while Luma's traveling back which hey, is fantastic, right? I get to die because a small little star can zoom past me and slap me in the face.

Nerf Diddy, nerf Link's jab cancel, nerf Greninja, nerf Sheik's Bair of all moves, and nerf Mewtwo's weight horribly despite a weight of 85 probably not being that severe for players fighting Mewtwo since Little Mac and Falco already die early despite being fast fallers. And Rosalina gets away with stuff like this. I know her Nair and throws were changed, but her Uair, this random super, 1 active frame, ground-only uppercut, and some other stuff on Rosalina is still there. And nobody says a thing. Nobody complains to high hell when Rosalina killed at 40%, but people cry when Diddy connects a D-throw to Uair or Luigi connects D-throw to Luigi Tornado. Let me remind you that Diddy and Luigi killed at around 100% with those, ZSS and Meta Knight have to precisely connect their Uair strings to their Up Special which can and has failed before either because the player fell out or they just whiffed, and Sheik? Sheik's Bair didn't kill early. You want a Bair that kills early? Look at Falco and Ganondorf's and even then, they're killing close to 100%.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
How strong is Rosalina or Luma's Utilt again? *sees Kofu's post*

Nah, Rosalina or Luma rage is much more potent. Why? Why does it kill at 12% on Falco even with rage? ;_;

So, according to Aero's frame data for Rosalina & Luma... Rosie's Utilt's does 8%, is frames 9-17, and her head's intangible for frame 4-11, Rosie's base knockback for it is 80 with a growth of 70. Seems reasonable... Luma's Utilt has 3 hitboxes, sure, why not... First hitbox has only 1 active frame, only works on the ground, does 8%, has a BKB of 120... wut? ... and 60 KBG... Second hitbox has 2 active frames, does 4%, 85 BKB, 80 weighted knockback if I'm reading it right, and 60 KBG... why is this one normal? ... The late hit lasts for 5 frames, does 3%, 80 BKB, and 60 KBG...

I'm sorry, but what!? Looking at Ganondorf, his Warlock Punch has 120 BKB and 42 KBG which is freaking fine because he can't hit you until frame 70. Oh, and it does 30% which once again, freaking fine when he can't hit you until frame 70. That's 1 second and some since this goddamned game runs at 60 frames per second!

Oh, but it only works on the ground. SCREW YOU. Ganondorf can't kill you that quickly at max range. Meanwhile, you freaking walk by, Rosalina presses a freaking button and you die at 12%. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Yes, it's sweet-spot that only works when you're on the ground, but the fact it comes out so quickly, doesn't even do a lot of damage, and can kill that early is freaking stupid. People complain about Lucario rewarding "bad play" and meanwhile, Rosalina gets away with **** like this. Can Lucario even kill you with a fully-charged Smash or whatever at max rage and Aura that early? Seriously, what the ****!?

Never have I hated a character so much in a game and never have I have to wonder what the hell the developers were thinking. I get that there's stupid **** like locking games to 30 FPS because the physics are tied to it for some reason god probably doesn't even know, but this? The developers and community do realize that while Rosalina is a difficult character to master, she's incredibly, incredibly strong even without Luma at her side? Oh, we all talk about how Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Roy, and Marth's tippers are strong, but Marth can't kill you with like that. Marth needs to space perfectly and time a frame 10 Side Smash at full rage which considering the fact Marth doesn't have a little star to protect him means if he whiffs, he's going to die. Roy needs to be up in your face to land his Side Smash and the Blazer glitch? Willing to bet that he will get punished if he whiffs that while Rosalina & Luma still have the rest of Utilt's active frames not to mention she's not in the air and in helpless mode. I already covered how slow Ganondorf's strongest moves are and Captain Falcon? Whiff a Knee and he's not going to have fun while Falcon Punch isn't all that strong for how slow it is. It's stylish, sure, but really impractical.

The thing is, I like Rosalina, I thought she was cool when I played Super Mario Galaxy and how she was essentially mission command. I don't remember her back story since I think I never even figured out she had one. She was Rosalina, commander of some random ship Mario was on and was helping Mario save Peach and stop Bowser. That was it. I thought she was cooler than Peach since... hey, if space princess here is actually competent compared to Peach, she already had higher marks than Peach... Seriously Peach, we know you can fight... We even had a game starring you, Super Princess Peach... COME ON!!!

In this game? Oh boy, I FREAKING HATE Rosalina. It doesn't help that I chose to main a character who's utterly screwed by his *** mobility which once again, what the hell, developers? This is a fighting game, not a freaking platformer. Yes, it has platforming elements, but it's not 100% a platformer. Combine this with a low weight, poor range on his aerials, and the fact he cannot approach or force anyone to approach reliably and you have hell. And you want to know the kicker? I also like playing as Ike and Ganondorf and between the 3, Ike's probably the best against Rosalina and that's not saying much.

Luigi's annoying; he combos you to hell and back, but guess what? He doesn't kill you at 12% like that. Can he try? Sure, but if he whiffs that Super Jump Punch, he's going to eat foot to the face. Diddy's noises... But wait, even at launch, I felt like Falco did fine against Diddy, so who cares. As for Villager, Link, Toon Link, or any character that benefits largely from lag or has a lot of projectiles, it's tedious and it will always be tedious to fight them. The fact lag exists means it's going to be more frustrating and tedious, but hey, you can always not play online and not everyone is a stereotypical FG player. Rosalina? Rosia-freaking-lina is just hell to fight lag or no lag. She's strong, she has range, and she has really stupid moves that are really powerful compared to "powerhouses" like Ganondorf, Ike, Bowser, Charizard, etc. Not only that, some of them are reasonably fast, they're disjointed which considering her range, is even more range...

Whenever people say just don't die to stupid stuff against Rosalina, here's the thing: we're human. We make mistakes no matter how large or small. If we has tool-assists or if we had perfected CPUs or whatever, Rosalina would be landing those killer Utilts much more easily and playing at level where it's just doom for probably the entire cast. Also, how the hell is it a mistake to run? A basic movement option gets punished that hard? Look, when I eat punishes because I didn't choose an option, stopped before their range, or whatever, I should not be dying at 12%. I should also not be dying at 40% because I got caught in two Uair strings. I should also not have to deal with the fact a random object can fly past me and hit me. Don't know what I'm talking about? Watch good Rosalina players and watch when they call Luma back. They can have Luma attack while Luma's traveling back which hey, is fantastic, right? I get to die because a small little star can zoom past me and slap me in the face.

Nerf Diddy, nerf Link's jab cancel, nerf Greninja, nerf Sheik's Bair of all moves, and nerf Mewtwo's weight horribly despite a weight of 85 probably not being that severe for players fighting Mewtwo since Little Mac and Falco already die early despite being fast fallers. And Rosalina gets away with stuff like this. I know her Nair and throws were changed, but her Uair, this random super, 1 active frame, ground-only uppercut, and some other stuff on Rosalina is still there. And nobody says a thing. Nobody complains to high hell when Rosalina killed at 40%, but people cry when Diddy connects a D-throw to Uair or Luigi connects D-throw to Luigi Tornado. Let me remind you that Diddy and Luigi killed at around 100% with those, ZSS and Meta Knight have to precisely connect their Uair strings to their Up Special which can and has failed before either because the player fell out or they just whiffed, and Sheik? Sheik's Bair didn't kill early. You want a Bair that kills early? Look at Falco and Ganondorf's and even then, they're killing close to 100%.
i enjoyed reading this rant

too bad complaining is probably fruitless because its not like every major tournament 50% of the players there play rosalina and pull of this crap. if they did, im sure some nerfs would be on there way.

i seriously hate this... jank

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
i enjoyed reading this rant

too bad complaining is probably fruitless because its not like every major tournament 50% of the players there play rosalina and pull of this crap. if they did, im sure some nerfs would be on there way.

i seriously hate this... jank
It's not even "jank" - I hate that word now -, it's poor game design. The developers know Rosalina, they know her range, her mobility, her moves, etc. because they designed her. What I don't understand is why the hell they allowed these things to pass despite knowing her. They know she can jump high, move in the air fairly well, and her low fall speed means she's going to stay in the air for a while. What does that mean? That means she can drift around and Uair people like that. Falco can't cause his air speed is low and he falls fast. Falco's Uair also doesn't have basically a sword for vertical range so he can't make up how far he fell with that range. Oh, and it's disjointed which means you have to get to Rosalina's side or get below her, but we know what her Dair can do and we know smart players might anticipate that and Nair, Fair, or Bair instead.

Utilt is fast, it's about frame 13? - I don't know how Luma works - for Luma since Luma acts 1 frame after Rosalina which is just 2 frames slower than Yoshi's Up Smash and how wonderful, it's stronger than Yoshis Up Smash at rage. Yes, it only works on the ground and only has 1 active frame, but in a chaotic setting and even if players are totally focused, there will be mistakes which could lead to this. And there's one more thing, the developers should know that by human nature, people like to compete. No matter what game or reason, people will compete and if they can get an edge on something, they will use it. I wouldn't be surprised if Rosalina players learn to "optimize" or find setups for Utilt.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Are you trying to say Rage Yoshi Usmash is broken?!
I nevah knew, though honestly felt Uair was better since it only sends you in one direction regardless of DI.
Up.

walk to d-tilt

walk to r-tilt

went out of the house to remember the whole gambling thing. then i try to think if it was all a set up for my bro to flop hard but whatever. it seems like it is tho

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and just vacced around my bedroom and almost done raising my Paras. Just need to raise HP now. :yeahboi:

Also, be thankful I tried out that no fun ninja once @Macchiato :secretkpop:.
Still hate her, too boring for me. :V (It was during the Doubles matches me, @ Koiba Koiba , @Nammy12 and @ r_greening1 r_greening1 had. Tried her once during our last game. Changed my tag to "SHEIK SUX!" as well. >:3)

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Playing around with default Palutena at the moment. Pretty fun character
I've always said this but I can't bring myself to play her...

"She also looks like she's high on Xanax." -Fujin Gear Solid

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Playing around with default Palutena at the moment. Pretty fun character
I definitely agree with that. She's very fun to use. I think the first time I ever used her was against a friend on 3DS, since his ROB kept on beating my other characters. So I went Palutena and completely stopped him thanks to Reflect and Auto-Reticle preventing him from rushing me down. :V

Wait a wait a what the ****

I used Palutena's side B against ROB's lasers. The laser went through the reflector and hit me. Now I don't know if there's some mechanic I'm missing here or if it's just a glitch. Wtf...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Wait a wait a what the ****

I used Palutena's side B against ROB's lasers. The laser went through the reflector and hit me. Now I don't know if there's some mechanic I'm missing here or if it's just a glitch. Wtf...
Was the Laser aimed downwards? Because it can get through the Reflect since there's a small gap between the floor and the barrier.

Top Bottom